test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this game dying/dead?

oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
PvP is pretty much toast no matter what level you are (bots). PvE can be fun, but the rewards aren't really worth the time and most are just selling to save up for perfect enchants (not to mention that nobody runs a full dungeon anymore and doesn't take anyone without "experience" exploiting said dungeon, which NO new players have...)...any plans for major new content? If not, I think i've answered my own question...would love someone to tell me i'm wrong...
Post edited by oregonize on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think with the amount of people who play the game, no the game isnt dead.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fury of the Feywild will be the first Module to come out.

I believe it's slated for August.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think with the amount of people who play the game, no the game isnt dead.

How many people are playing? And, more importantly, how many people who get to 60 are continuing to play?
    nullwolf1 wrote: »

...this gives me hope ;-)
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »

OH Man I can't wait!!
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    PvP should be a fun and easy way to kill time between major patches...I've done all of the T2 dungeons, but since most people are still exploiting and/or not excepting players without "experience", new players have very little to look forward to once they hit 60 with PvP being completely broken.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    PvP should be a fun and easy way to kill time between major patches...I've done all of the T2 dungeons, but since most people are still exploiting and/or not excepting players without "experience", new players have very little to look forward to once they hit 60 with PvP being completely broken.

I have played since beta and with last couple of patches there are no significant "exploits" left in PvE, with the possible exception of one mid-level T2 endboss with such a convoluted glitch it is faster to just kill the boss (no idea if it works with latest maintenance. Heck, no idea if it works at all, I've only heard it described to me).

If you mean running through trash to a campfire and incurring heavy Injury Kit costs during DD hour or using the environment to kill mobs or take mobs out of the fight as designed by the game devs (all of these things any new players can do), then I guess we have an entirely different understanding of "exploit"...

Also, from what little I can tell from doing instance and player counts in PE, the population is 50% higher than it was during beta.

If there are any population issues, its more to do with the balance of players. A lot of previous highly geared players may no longer be playing or are levelling alts and are waiting till Module 1, as explained above.

However, PvP is an entirely different ballgame. That, I agree!
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread is now about kittens :o
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I have played since beta and with last couple of patches there are no significant "exploits" left in PvE...

[snip]

If you mean running through trash to a campfire and incurring heavy Injury Kit costs during DD hour or using the environment to kill mobs or take mobs out of the fight as designed by the game devs (all of these things any new players can do), then I guess we have an entirely different understanding of "exploit"...

Ledge knockoffs and the like are fine with me... that's just clever use of game mechanics. After all, it could be prevented easily enough with invisible walls. And it has been prevented like that in a few specific areas and boss fights. So I see no reason to assume that the open free fall ledges that were left as-is are intended to be used this way.

But Karru, for example, is still full of shortcutting BS like dying in a specific area taking you to a campfire ahead of your current progression through the dungeon, skipping groups by avoiding aggro or hoping they will leash if you run far enough, and pulling bosses away from their rooms to completely avoid add spawns.

And, of course, 90% of the "community" can't resist the tantalizing temptation of saving 30 seconds here and there, so they insist that everyone play along with this nonsense. Even though it almost always fails at some point or another, losing more time than is gained in the process... which leads to everyone getting stressed instead of having fun, flaming and blaming all around, and an inevitable leaver or two.

So, in the end, instead of spending an extra 5 to 10 minutes and having a smooth, enjoyable dungeon run... what you get is 20 to 30 minutes of stress and frustration that end in a complete waste of time. Lovely.

But what can you expect? People are idiots and short-sighted instant-gratification junkies. What else is new?
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    How many people are playing? And, more importantly, how many people who get to 60 are continuing to play?

I'm level 60 and i'm still playing! :P
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well 5 of my closest ingame friends are gone......... and i am starting to feel the boredom, overall buggyness, and imbalance pvp issues of the game.......... so i dunno maybe it is starting to. But i still see a lot of newbies in game
  • Options
    uberwolfeuberwolfe Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm starting to feel it too.. have a t2 cleric and a lvl20 rogue and am getting a bit fed up with it all. Boring imbalanced PVP has always been meh. The uninspired instance bosses with annoying adds and unfair AoE, lack of proper group finding tools, lack of exploration and ho-hum Foundry tools are all salt in the wounds currently.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have several 60's and have very much enjoyed the leveling process and some of the end game content. I've just hit a major plateau where all i'm doing is running T2 dungeons for loot I don't need only to sell it to get better and better versions of enchants I already have on my characters. PvP is increasingly worthless and, once you do the T2 dungeons enough times you realize that there really isn't any need for the high level enchants outside of PvP and nothing appears to be happening about it anytime soon. If new players can't do what I'm doing when they hit 60 (grinding dungeons to pimp out my toons for no reason) what else is there for them to do?
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just because you are getting tired of playing, and you're whining and *****ing on the forums instead of doing something contructive, does not mean the game is dead. I'm still playing.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Just because you are getting tired of playing, and you're whining and *****ing on the forums instead of doing something contructive, does not mean the game is dead. I'm still playing.

Insightful. Thankyou.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have 2 Level 60 chars and I'm still playing. Especially GG. And Alchemy.
    And I just started a Level 10 alt.
    I'm having a blast. Best endgame of an MMO, ever!
  • Options
    rokodssrokodss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP is pretty much toast no matter what level you are (bots). PvE can be fun, but the rewards aren't really worth the time and most are just selling to save up for perfect enchants (not to mention that nobody runs a full dungeon anymore and doesn't take anyone without "experience" exploiting said dungeon, which NO new players have...)...any plans for major new content? If not, I think i've answered my own question...would love someone to tell me i'm wrong...

Yes. Developers aren't doing ****. PVP still broken and we still have 2 SMALL *** RIDICULOUS pvp map.
    They make new content but then force us into guilds + make the content open each X hours. Way to kill a game.

All those fanboys saying it isnt dying is because they just got in or spent money and don't want it to die.

The fact is: Developers aren't listening to us at all. GWF still a useless class just like the marauder in Star wars.
    PvP still unbalance and NO CONTENT! People can make foundry (WHICH NO ONE EVER DOES) but no one care because it gives NOTHING. We could be making raids and PVP maps with that.

but no. Developers prefer this game dying.

All they do, is keep adding those RIDICULOUS companion the NO ONE WANTS. yeah those **** you need to buy with real money since they worth something like 5 millions AD worth of ZEN.

They are just trying to get the most money out of this game before it dies.

1 stupid *** thing these kind of people do is make open beta when THERE IS NO CONTENT! Everyone comes along to see the hype, find it boring because at 60 its only grind grind grind so they ****ing quit. Even if you had 1000 raids and pvp after, they freaking quit, they aint coming back.

But still people in this industry can't freaking think for a minute so they make empty, boring, useless and dying games like this one.

WAKE UP DEVELOPERS. GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ***. WE DON'T WANT COMPANION YOU IDIOT. GIVE ME A REAL RAID AND PVP MAPS.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Yes. Developers aren't doing ****. PVP still broken and we still have 2 SMALL *** RIDICULOUS pvp map.
    They make new content but then force us into guilds + make the content open each X hours. Way to kill a game.

All those fanboys saying it isnt dying is because they just got in or spent money and don't want it to die.

The fact is: Developers aren't listening to us at all. GWF still a useless class just like the marauder in Star wars.
    PvP still unbalance and NO CONTENT! People can make foundry (WHICH NO ONE EVER DOES) but no one care because it gives NOTHING. We could be making raids and PVP maps with that.

but no. Developers prefer this game dying.

All they do, is keep adding those RIDICULOUS companion the NO ONE WANTS. yeah those **** you need to buy with real money since they worth something like 5 millions AD worth of ZEN.

They are just trying to get the most money out of this game before it dies.

1 stupid *** thing these kind of people do is make open beta when THERE IS NO CONTENT! Everyone comes along to see the hype, find it boring because at 60 its only grind grind grind so they ****ing quit. Even if you had 1000 raids and pvp after, they freaking quit, they aint coming back.

But still people in this industry can't freaking think for a minute so they make empty, boring, useless and dying games like this one.

WAKE UP DEVELOPERS. GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ***. WE DON'T WANT COMPANION YOU IDIOT. GIVE ME A REAL RAID AND PVP MAPS.

I won't even talk about BROKEN QUEUE SYSTEM. And when it works, it makes groups like 2 tanks 2 rogue and a GWF.
    Bots in pvp.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Really Rokodss, tell us how you really feel. Make sure you keep it classy like you have been doing.
  • Options
    kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure this game has lost a lot of people due to all these exploits/bugs, not sure if it is still losing. But 1 thing that makes me think you have no idea what you are talking about is maurauders in Star Wars. The constant top dps(+ it's awesome buffs) class is not wanted? Really? In a game where it still has enrage timers and dps actually matters?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes this thread wont get closed at all.

I don't understand why it would. I'm asking a reasonable question. I really like this game, i'm just being honest. PvP being broken, (not unbalanced but actually BROKEN), is a really big problem in a game that has such limited end game content. There is literally no reason for me to run dungeons anymore. I can do them all efficiently and there are few, if any, upgrades left for me to get...not to mention that the endgame gear I have is in no way necessary to run said dungeons successfully. The only endgame left after running the dungeons over and over is trying to save up for the best enchants, but there really isn't any incentive to do this with PvP the way it is currently.

I want this game to succeed and like it very much, but i'm finding myself logging in less and less and it bums me out.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why it would. I'm asking a reasonable question. I really like this game, i'm just being honest. PvP being broken, (not unbalanced but actually BROKEN), is a really big problem in a game that has such limited end game content. There is literally no reason for me to run dungeons anymore. I can do them all efficiently and there are few, if any, upgrades left for me to get and the gear I have is in no way necessary to run said dungeons successfully. The only endgame left after running the dungeons over and over is trying to save up for the best enchants, but there really isn't any incentive to do this with PvP the way it is currently.

I want this game to succeed and like it very much, but i'm finding myself logging in less and less and it bums me out.

That was my post from another thread that got merged, I have to edit that post now.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    *meh*
    If you've burned through all the content, stop playing and wait for new content.
    Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

The game is dieing slowly. Its more like a slow death then complete fail. I see this because less and less people are on at peak times. The next update well that will bring in players back again which could be good. I say could be good but as we have seen in the past so far anything new released for this game is totally riddled with exploits and bugs stuff not working right never tested fully. If that happens which sad to say probly will the people that came back to check it out will leave and more people on top of that will leave also. I now have no hope it will be successful. I ran out of hope just sticking around to hoping i am wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    *meh*
    If you've burned through all the content, stop playing and wait for new content.
    Nothing wrong with that.

I don't think you understand my point. If PvP was even remotely patched to take care of the glaring problems (mostly bots and lack of diversity/real strategy), then people who have exhausted the end game dungeons and/or have fairly good gear would have something to do/strive for (not to mention that both the botting and diversity problems are relatively easy fixes)...

Currently the "endgame" gears in NW are Enchantments. People aren't running dungeons over and over to get a piece of gear they need. They are running them over and over in order to sell the gear for AD in order to buy/fuse better enchantments (or, i guess, buy the gear they think they need). Nobody really cares if you enchant your gear to the max and run endgame dungeons a little bit faster than others, always ending up at the top of the dmg list, only to get gear you don't need and then sell for enchantment upgrades you don't really need. What they do care about is enchanting their gear to the point where it destroys most others in PvP. People say they hate PvP...but the problems arising in PvP are really central to the success of this game....With endgame content being so bland and unimaginative, the only incentive to keep gearing up and playing is PvP, IMHO. Anyone disagree?
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    stop playing this some weeks ago, start playing other MMO, but still wait for the "hope" of Fury of the Feywild can make the difference
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    stop playing this some weeks ago, start playing other MMO, but still wait for the "hope" of Fury of the Feywild can make the difference

Yeah, I hope its a really big update and I hope they have the next one after that 80% done already...have no idea why they left beta and went live before this next patch was ready to roll...
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I hope its a really big update and I hope they have the next one after that 80% done already...have no idea why they left beta and went live before this next patch was ready to roll...

the worst is ... at first the said it launch when the game is live on June 30th, then "rescheduled" at August. since the sudden rescheduling on "balancing update" I believe the game is not ready to play from the begin with
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    the worst is ... at first the said it launch when the game is live on June 30th, then "rescheduled" at August. since the sudden rescheduling on "balancing update" I believe the game is not ready to play from the begin with

Yeah, thats concerning. So their official launch was on the heels of a major "balancing update"...sooooo epic!!....Why not keep it in "Beta" and wait to release it with major new content?...and furthermore, why didn't the "balancing update" fix the real problems with PvP (which have nothing to do with balance)...They literally "launched" when PvP was at its worst...

Am I the only one who realizes why PvP is crucial to the success of this game?

Whats the point of a beta if you are going to launch when major aspects of your game are at an all time low??
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I would disagree with you in that PvP is crucial to the success of this game. It is important, but it is of equal importance with the PvE element. Yes, in most games PvP play is the majority of the game, but in Neverwinter a large attractor was the PvE potential due to the IP. I would say for now it is 50/50 between the two camps, with neither really gaining the upper hand as both are losing considerable numbers due to the many issues that Neverwinter currently has. Many recognized the potential of the game, and stayed with hopes of major improvements, that hope is fading for many. That PWE/Cryptic is working on continual product improvement with almost weekly small patches helps to stem the tide of defections, but that will only work for so long without a major patch coming soon. Not to mention the anger that is built up with every new addition to the Zen store while major repairs are still required. For myself I am not going to spend money on cosmetic items for a character that is only 75% effective, once the character is fully functional then I could be enticed to spend on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]