test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gloomwrought Weapons Crate gives too low level items!

jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If I recall correctly the description of the box says that it gives you an item for YOUR level. Well I have opened two of those boxes at level 60 and both gave me level 49 blue item. I feel a little fooled.
Post edited by jappethebread on

Comments

• ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if it's the same as what you saw, but the crate I opened at level 60 said it was a level 60 item that was usable at a lower level. I think it might have been usable at level 49 for mine, too.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since the level 60 items they can grant are useable at a lower level, there is no point in keeping the crates to 60.

They offer scaling rewards if opened earlier, so a 30ish item equippable at 20, etc.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    The crate is basically the worst thing you can possibly get in the lockboxes. It's even worse than the Runestone packs.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    The crate is basically the worst thing you can possibly get in the lockboxes. It's even worse than the Runestone packs.

I dunno... was kinda nice to start off my new character with some Level 7 blue rings...
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how many jewelry of the fugue do we need out there? Stop the madness of opening these crates!!
  • zdrahonulzdrahonul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the problem is more prevalent in the larger context. I can get good purple items from the AH for less than 10K AD (going as low as 2-3K AD), and the crates give me items which are worth... well, nothing.

Shortly put, if you get such a crate, well then... you got the shaft.
    Honestly, I'd appreciate it a lot more if I got some dyes instead.

Oh and one more thing. Last time I spent cash on the game I opened 23 lockboxes and all I got was Gloomwright crates and some low level gem packs. That made me not want to spend anything on keys because I get no advantage off them.

Heavy nightmare mount? I don't need it, really. All I could think of in terms of value value would be the idols and the profession packs. Everything else is... well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was wondering what those items were ... I bought a few off AH early for my cleric... felt like a fool 2 levels later when I was finding green items that were better imo :(
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    These crates are designed to be used on alts at lower levels. That's why the crates sell so well for gold/AD. Never open them on a level 60 character.
  • kreed42kreed42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I recall correctly the description of the box says that it gives you an item for YOUR level. Well I have opened two of those boxes at level 60 and both gave me level 49 blue item. I feel a little fooled.

Can be USED at level 49.
    It is a level 60 item.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    justkaz wrote: »

THANK Goodness! I thought I was the only person that thought of them in that way. Much appreciated my friend.

I have opened about 30 of them and always get one of 6 items, absolutely useless at level 60. Not even worth the time and effort to sell them on the AH. I usually play Santa in PE and give them away to those at or about level 49.
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    I opened 2 of them and got decent items that lasted about 10 levels.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Basically, if you're all about Endgame, then the Gloomwright items are just about worthless. If you tend to have a fair number of Alts. of different classes then they are an positive Gift from God. They do well for me for between 5 and 15 levels (depending on how lucky I tend to be with Gear for this Toon). Few items give you this value for your A.D. I am always looking for a cheep Gloomwright for an Alt. or Pet. Of course, my luck with gear seems to be absolutely TERRIBLE compared to some of you folks. And my luck with PUGS is worse, to the point where I don't bother with Dungeons without a group of RL friends at my back.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The crate items are decent if you are level 29-35, 39-45 or 49-55.. Otherwise, forget about them.

The fall into categories 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 and 60, I think. If you are level 29-38, you get the level 29 item and so on.
    Hoping for improvements...