test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delves too far apart

fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You need to combine some of the timers or something because I haven't been on for a dungeon delve event in days. I don't know if it's because you added that failure of an instance gauntlygrym or what but everytime I get on the DD are hours away. It's a waste of time to do dungeons when it's not DD because you most likely won't get anything for your time and after doing them all 5-10+ times they are no longer fun and it's just a grind for gear.
Post edited by fuumanchuuu1 on

Comments

• Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They're every six hours, rotating two hours forward every day. There should be (at least) two times per week when you can do them.
  • Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why don't you just check when DD is going to occur, and then just sign on right before the event starts?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well see some of us actually have things like jobs which take up a large part of our day. We aren't able to plan our lives around a video game event which rolls around once every 6 hours. It's a ridiculous system.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well see some of us actually have things like jobs which take up a large part of our day. We aren't able to plan our lives around a video game event which rolls around once every 6 hours. It's a ridiculous system.

So true.... so true.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I personally think the right solution for this is to make the chest linked to your daily quest and make the event give astral diamonds as a reward. That way people can do their daily and get something useful and those who time it during the event get bonus diamonds. No over flooding of the AH either which seems to be peoples main complaint against changing the system from what it is now. Personally I find it broken as it is.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Yes, but it also rolls around another 2 hours every day. If there're DDs at 4 PM and 10 PM and you aren't able to participate, try the 6 PM and 12 PM one the next day, or the 8 PM one the day after that. The point is that you should be able to make at least one.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i can agree they should be every 4 hours but all in all the system is lame the more they add the less you can do each item so if something your not intrested in when your on your sol. like profession wasted hour for me same with skirmish
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Yes, but it also rolls around another 2 hours every day. If there're DDs at 4 PM and 10 PM and you aren't able to participate, try the 6 PM and 12 PM one the next day, or the 8 PM one the day after that. The point is that you should be able to make at least one.

So again you are saying that people should have to plan their time around an arbitrary event? For most people that work you will only get 1 shot at a DD each day because of work. Then you factor in the fact that people also have other obligations outside of work and you narrow the pool even further. At this point most people have done all the dungeons so the "do it for fun" factor has dropped off. They don't get more fun with repetition. Most people at this point are doing them for gear. Why spend 30m-2h in a dungeon during a non delve time period when you know you have little chance of getting any kind of reward. If that's the case most people will log off. Population shrinks and the game dies. I've already started doing it myself. I'd like to gear my alts but I get done work, check the events, oh DD don't start for another 4-6 hours. Well I have stuff to do so I just log back off. The more this happens the more detached you become to the game which leads to eventually you just stop logging in at all.
  • Options
    wolfiswolfis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As countless others have mentioned. DD needs to be rethought.

Once reaching lvl 60 most people only log in and play during DD.

Unfortunately the incentive to play during DD detracts from people wanting to play during non DD times.

Epic dungeons should always give each party member one guaranteed loot drop on completion.

Devs, please rethink DD !
  • Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter is the only mmo I've ever played that has events that automatically give you epics. If they removed DD, I probably wouldn't even notice. The economy is so flooded with epics you gain barely what was worth going through the trouble of running dungeons. So maybe removing DD would help balance it out.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ya the DD event is just a bonus.... no other game gives you free epics 100% chance.... the norm is just doing the epic dungeon just like doing heroic dungeons in wow or experts in rift. You get 1 drop at the end and you get badges.. its the normal system just like other mmos. DD is just a bonus on top of that!! IF you are able to play during DD then you get bonus loot if not its just like every other game!

what i would like to see fixed is T1 loot from T2 chests!!!!
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They need to make dungeon delve and all other dailys longer, 60 mins is to short. they need to make it 80 to 90 mins, and they need to make it every 4 hours. When there is no dungeon delve you should still get 200 ad, and they should add more pvp areas, also they should make all skirmishes that have been for lvl 60. they should also make optional pvp open area or not, this open area pvp will make it more better. Thats it for now, bye.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So again you are saying that people should have to plan their time around an arbitrary event? For most people that work you will only get 1 shot at a DD each day because of work. Then you factor in the fact that people also have other obligations outside of work and you narrow the pool even further. At this point most people have done all the dungeons so the "do it for fun" factor has dropped off. They don't get more fun with repetition. Most people at this point are doing them for gear. Why spend 30m-2h in a dungeon during a non delve time period when you know you have little chance of getting any kind of reward. If that's the case most people will log off. Population shrinks and the game dies. I've already started doing it myself. I'd like to gear my alts but I get done work, check the events, oh DD don't start for another 4-6 hours. Well I have stuff to do so I just log back off. The more this happens the more detached you become to the game which leads to eventually you just stop logging in at all.

No, I am saying that a time during which you play should eventually naturally coincide with the time a DD event is on-going. Also, it's impossible that DD doesn't start for another 6 hours. If this is the case, DD is currently on-going. If DD doesn't start for another 4 hours, you will be logged in during DD in two days. The point is that you will eventually log on while DD is ongoing.
  • Options
    hildibrandhildibrand Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    No, I am saying that a time during which you play should eventually naturally coincide with the time a DD event is on-going. Also, it's impossible that DD doesn't start for another 6 hours. If this is the case, DD is currently on-going. If DD doesn't start for another 4 hours, you will be logged in during DD in two days. The point is that you will eventually log on while DD is ongoing.

Now you are assuming that people have time to play every day and the same hours on top of that. The argument lacks so much insight in how most people live their lives that I'll have to assume you are some kind of robot.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    I personally think the right solution for this is to make the chest linked to your daily quest and make the event give astral diamonds as a reward. That way people can do their daily and get something useful and those who time it during the event get bonus diamonds. No over flooding of the AH either which seems to be peoples main complaint against changing the system from what it is now. Personally I find it broken as it is.

This would be much better, then actually make the boss drop more then seals and 1 piece of loot and 1 enchantment shard. maybe 1-3 shards and 3-4 item? I mean he's the final boss after all. It's hard getting gear now, going to only get harder as more classes get added unless bosses drop more pieces of loot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    penthallionpenthallion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agree with OP DD is too far apart and not often enough. Before the game went live and was dominated by the GG event, the way the events were paced was perfect. I mean seriously what do cyptic expect players who have finished the main story line but haven't got the required GS by their guild to participate in GG to do? How are we supposed to get the required GS? I know most people will say, AH but how the heck are we supposed to get 3/4 of a million AD when the events are rarely on? I mean, you have to grind 4 foundry missions a day for 4000AD, the leadership rewards have been nerfed and at the Lvl I'm at I have to complete GG events for my daily buy my Guild won't let me do GG becuase my gear score is too low and I'll get insta killed... What am I supposed to do other than Dungeon Delves during the event?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agree with OP DD is too far apart and not often enough. Before the game went live and was dominated by the GG event, the way the events were paced was perfect. I mean seriously what do cyptic expect players who have finished the main story line but haven't got the required GS by their guild to participate in GG to do? How are we supposed to get the required GS? I know most people will say, AH but how the heck are we supposed to get 3/4 of a million AD when the events are rarely on? I mean, you have to grind 4 foundry missions a day for 4000AD, the leadership rewards have been nerfed and at the Lvl I'm at I have to complete GG events for my daily buy my Guild won't let me do GG becuase my gear score is too low and I'll get insta killed... What am I supposed to do other than Dungeon Delves during the event?

A cynic would answer that Cryptic is trying to get players to buy ZEN to trade for AD.......
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Again people DD is a bonus.... you are still ment to run dungeons not during DD times!!!!! running dungeons when DD isnt going on is just like every other MMO. you run a dungeon you roll on loot you leave you run again. What can you people not understand about how DD is a special bonus "IF" you happen to be on during DD!
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wolfis wrote: »
    As countless others have mentioned. DD needs to be rethought.

Once reaching lvl 60 most people only log in and play during DD.

Unfortunately the incentive to play during DD detracts from people wanting to play during non DD times.

Epic dungeons should always give each party member one guaranteed loot drop on completion.

Devs, please rethink DD !

Eh no that's only you doing this ( shame on you ) . There are other activities in game . Poor farmer crying about gear , really really patethic .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the leadership rewards have been nerfed

All of *two* leadership missions had their rewards significantly nerfed. Higher level missions are more rewarding anyway, and don't require the constant micromanagement.

Double diamonds right now, so anyone who's made a point of levelling their Leadership to access better missions should be protecting diamond shipments... not piddly caravans.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Amazing.. An idea that would make the game better for a majority of the players, is torn apart by the players.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Again people DD is a bonus.... you are still ment to run dungeons not during DD times!!!!! running dungeons when DD isnt going on is just like every other MMO. you run a dungeon you roll on loot you leave you run again. What can you people not understand about how DD is a special bonus "IF" you happen to be on during DD!

I know right. We should suffer for our loot. Listen the fact of the matter is that DD is in the game. Most people won't run a dungeon if it's not DD time. The farther apart the DD timer gets the less incentive people have to stay logged in. If I log in and the DD isn't the next event I just log off. If it's not going to roll around for 4 or 5 more hours I'm not even going to log back in for the night. The more this happens the more detached people get and the faster they quit. If I knew there were another DD coming up in an hour or two though I'd log back in for the next one. The way they are going they are just pushing their players away more quickly. If GG wasn't such a POS it probably wouldn't matter but it is and it's just spacing the events people actually want farther apart.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It does seem ironic that GG is actually helping kill the game by making it so much more difficult for people (well those with jobs) to get into DD.
  • Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »

The rewards are too crappy to run outside of DD. Remove DD and double the loot drops baseline.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kierlakx wrote: »
    The rewards are too crappy to run outside of DD. Remove DD and double the loot drops baseline.

This, give us more reason to run dungeons because lets face it, it is the only end game. If we have to wait until certain times to make our end game rewarding then why run outside of the rewarding time except maybe once? Also DD makes is a factor in making speed runs to fit as many dungeons into the DD time as possible. Cool side areas get missed :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]