test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix DC or delete him as a class..

arshaddoxarshaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
edited July 2013 in The Temple
Dc is the worst class in pvp at this time. I have no heal to defend against 23k crit in the face and my dmg is very puny, although I selected the virtuous path.

Either you fix the DC or nerf the troublemakers of pvp.

And for those that disagree... PLAY A DC TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!

P.S PVE is hell as well. Every time I have to run from even the lowlife of adds just to survive. NOT HEAL MYSELF OR TEAMMATES but to survive..
Post edited by arshaddox on

Comments

• Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont know what this guy is talking about.

clerics are a pain to kill in pvp at times for the fact that they can heal. Even with thier healing on themselves reduce, its still a heal regardless, which no other class has available to them.

the only problem in pvp is at 60 when it is essentially a few shot fests. The damage needs to be scaled down across the board at 60+
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013

clerics are a pain to kill in pvp at times for the fact that they can heal. Even with thier healing on themselves reduce, its still a heal regardless, which no other class has available to them.

the only problem in pvp is at 60 when it is essentially a few shot fests. The damage needs to be scaled down across the board at 60+
    Can't compare L 60 PVP to other stuff.

As for dieing to trash, I agree with cael13.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    Just delete your char and uninstall.....there is nothing wrong with DC

You don't play a dc i guess....when you receive 23 k in astral shield there is something wrong of course..
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Part of the game mechanics is that you need to kite adds and have a competent team that will take care of them. It's not the usual heal/sit and meditate heal class that most people are accustomed to.
    "Either you fix the DC or nerf the troublemakers of pvp."
    I think this is your main frustration. A good pvp team will protect their DC, and a good DC will know he's going to be targeted and take precautions. Baiting the other team is part of that strategy.
    I've leveled a DC and know from personal experience that just like any class, a good team is what makes or breaks pvp or pve.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

A pain to kill ? they drop like flies in pvp ....5k followed by 7k then 10 k from gf while being knocked back all this time....that way i can shove the 'heal" you mentioned somewhere up my &&&
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Arhaddox, what's your skill rotation? Are you contesting points solo or as a team?
    You initial comments are very generalized so it's difficult to suggest anything.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Skill rotation PoD, AS, DL , they're not that so bad combined with the virtous path . Points solo generally (that's why I took virtous path) but even with team they target me first because i die quick, usually a tr in perma stealth gets me quick .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Arhaddox, what's your skill rotation? Are you contesting points solo or as a team?
    You initial comments are very generalized so it's difficult to suggest anything.

Suggestions are more than welcome....but i doubt they'll change much against 23 k crit..If i spec into heal then i have no dmg and will resist not a 1 shot but 2. If you take the damage path you don't heal that much and your dmg is not so great so ... yeah
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arshaddox wrote: »
    Skill rotation PoD, AS, DL , they're not that so bad combined with the virtous path . Points solo generally (that's why I took virtous path) but even with team they target me first because i die quick, usually a tr in perma stealth gets me quick .

Well there are supposed to be some builds out there that will allow you to live in PVP, but since I haven't respeced yet I can't speak on them. However, it sounds like you're in my boat and I can say unless you change your build...don't expect to solo cap if anyone comes to contest you.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2013

So you would like to avoid being killed 1v1 against a TR.....if your team does not protect you in PVP you will die quick and thats about all there is to it. I do just fine on my DC with a competent group. Your issues are not with the DC class my friend.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A pain to kill ? they drop like flies in pvp ....5k followed by 7k then 10 k from gf while being knocked back all this time....that way i can shove the 'heal" you mentioned somewhere up my &&&

lol@ this. I hope your on Mindflayer so you can "drop me like a fly".

Barabus The Gray

To the OP, nothing wrong with the DC class at all.......When run by a competant player
  • Options
    sup3rasup3ra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    lol@ this. I hope your on Mindflayer so you can "drop me like a fly".

Barabus The Gray

To the OP, nothing wrong with the DC class at all.......When run by a competant player

When run by a competant wallet that is ^^
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sup3ra wrote: »

a very expensive one that is
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    Loved PvP while leveling my Cleric (pre-60) so much that I leveled at least 20-25 leves that way. I would have to argue that it is Not as much Fun at end game 60 PvP though. I don't have a solution, but I don't think geared Rogues should get nerfed over it when Crit is their play mechanic. I think that having a DC in the party for PvP 5v5 is nice especially if they use voice communication, groups might be better off with 5 dps and bring some Glory Heal Pots if they are looking to be aggressive in capping points.

Let's Face it. DC Survivability is poor in this current build in PvP at 60 endgame. Even one on one matchups don't last too long for us. Pre 50 DC in PVP, you could at least hold your own and contest a point until reinforcements came. It is broken but I just don't think nerfing everyone else is the solution.

Two Fixes:

One - I would rather have the Devs get more creative on BONUS effects for the POWERS I never use to give me survival and CC options. The Self Healing Debuf is bad enough, but the Lack of Creativity in Buffing some of our little used powers (give a few more PvP helpful powers) to compensate would be an obvious and easy starting place.

Two - A Second Area would be to revisit the Stats on the PVP SETS. REMOVE LIFE STEAL and put DEFENSE or REGENERATION. Of all the Classes we just don't use LIFE STEAL and its worthless to us. It would be worth it if there was an item upgrade gem or diamond that you can swap out LIFESTEAL with 1-3 other choices. Just put it on the GLORY VENDOR and it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Those are my 2 practical ideas to "FIX" things and not have to Resort to Nerfing everyone else, which is not fun.
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dc is the worst class in pvp at this time. I have no heal to defend against 23k crit in the face and my dmg is very puny, although I selected the virtuous path.

P.S PVE is hell as well. Every time I have to run from even the lowlife of adds just to survive. NOT HEAL MYSELF OR TEAMMATES but to survive..

Sorry, just face it kid, your bad. Come and ask questions, suggestions, and do a little research before you start blurting out rants and making yourself look stupid. Being bad and trying to help it is something that is honorable but complaining about your class with things that only you really have problems with and making assumptions is just... bad.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sup3ra wrote: »

I guess I've tried to go about this the nicest most professional way, but you people are dense and dont quite seem to get logic.

I've stated in many posts my build, my gear, my stats, my enchants.

Again, I will say it just for you, because of how simple you seem to be.

I am using rank FIVE, --->5<
    Enchants. Thats 5...thats 1 less then 6, and 1 more then 4.

And Lesser armor, and weapon enchants. Lesser as in, the bottom of the barrel.

I am using Miracle healers Set 4/4. Which is disgustingly cheap to buy on the Ah, OOOOOR...Like me, you can earn them, by doing dungeons, and dungeon delves.

I am using the Castle Never 2/2 weapon set, which I earned by running Castle Never.

I am using Ancient rings, which I acquired again, by running Castle Never.

So..by explaining again for you, my gear, in the most simplest of terms, if you still do not understand that 1.)I did not use real life $$ to buy anything, cuz if i did i would have rank 7 and greater, and 2.)Clerics area awesome, if the player playing them doesnt suck. If you still dont understand, which I'm sure that you wont. You should quit playing the DC, obviously you cannot handle the class.
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I guess I've tried to go about this the nicest most professional way, but you people are dense and dont quite seem to get logic.

I've stated in many posts my build, my gear, my stats, my enchants.

Again, I will say it just for you, because of how simple you seem to be.

I am using rank FIVE, --->5<
    Enchants. Thats 5...thats 1 less then 6, and 1 more then 4.

And Lesser armor, and weapon enchants. Lesser as in, the bottom of the barrel.

I am using Miracle healers Set 4/4. Which is disgustingly cheap to buy on the Ah, OOOOOR...Like me, you can earn them, by doing dungeons, and dungeon delves.

I am using the Castle Never 2/2 weapon set, which I earned by running Castle Never.

I am using Ancient rings, which I acquired again, by running Castle Never.

So..by explaining again for you, my gear, in the most simplest of terms, if you still do not understand that 1.)I did not use real life $$ to buy anything, cuz if i did i would have rank 7 and greater, and 2.)Clerics area awesome, if the player playing them doesnt suck. If you still dont understand, which I'm sure that you wont. You should quit playing the DC, obviously you cannot handle the class.

Yup... it's just hard for some people to believe that they are doing something wrong and someone is better. Fact of the matter is, there is more to the class and other classes than just mashing buttons in WoW style. Do some research and ask this guy for some help, there is no shame in trying to help yourself, that is actually the problem here in this community is too many can't get past the fact that maybe, just maybe you don't know as much as you think you know in a game that hasn't even been out for 6 months yet and if you are not as good as said person, that can be fine as long as you make an effort to better yourself rather then ranting in the forums about your "broken" class that only a very small percent have a problem with.
  • Options
    atorzatorz Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not very expensive, neither fancy, I use beacon of light set on my cleric. (Point being, has 0 life steal atributes on it, alot more usefull stats than any other set imo). Maybe not a really good 4th set bonus, but I could really care less about that.

Plus every possible accesory for Health I can get my hand on.
    Sitting at 11k Score, with nearly 30k hp and quite a few defense, With only rank 5 and 6 enchantments, I can keep my squad members alive at all the times,and, most of the time even handle 4 people hitting me at the same time, of course if this goes indefinetely long, i'd end up dieing, But without going any further, just on an earlier pvp match I had, I managed two GF and a control wizard, for well over 5 minutes while i was on my team's light beacon, till they finally gave up and moved on.

DC's are perfectly fine how they are, it just takes coordination, a skilled player and you can be just as succesfull as any other class.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm often in the top 3 with 7-8 kills in a 5 vs 5 pvp match, and often 3rd to 5th in gauntlgrym pvp.

I'm also very happy of my lvl 60 clerics and do most dungeon without any issue. I really don't see what's your problem, except that you don't play the class the way you have to.
  • Options
    satchmo69satchmo69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I do quite well as a lvl 60 DC in groups of friends. Mostly PvE and some PvP. Not so well in PvP pugs. I am terrible solo .. mostly foundry missions at lvl 60 and the mob difficulty lvl that does not take class into consideration. (Don't get me started on pets an their awful abilities/life expectancy) I chose DC because I like being a healer ... ie team player. I would like to get the 4k AD per day for foundry but that is not likely unless I find a partner.
    My suggestion is find a way to adapt. The worst mistakes devs in every mmo make is buffing/nerfing classes in the ever continuing struggle for balance.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Um, dont solo stuff.

Since when has a healer been able to kill things-in any game??

Support toons, like clerics, need to stay with the group.

Sadly, that means you will likely loss every pug b/c the group just charges to mid constantly like lemmings.

I have meet some dcs who could guard a node till their teammates arrived. But they seem few and far between
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ive been playing a lot of pvp as a 60 dc

What works for me in PVE d/d doesnt work for me in PVP. For PVP, you have to be very well protected or your screwed. Period. Also I do a lot of channel divinity healing. So for encounters, i usually slot 2 range dps encounters so i can build divinity fast while staying back so I cant get ganked, and for the 3rd encounter i slot something that will heal, typically healing word so i can keep everyone topped off or bastion of health. And for feats you definately want 5 in link spirit Also I agree with the life steal. You need a considerable amount of defense to have a chance. This build works for me, so long as the group protects me and prioritizes killing anyone who starts messing with me
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why scale down the damage, you could just buff the healing, hps, or other stuff. The only problem with DCs is that there aren't enough of them. They are amazing in PvP if played right and a complete pain in the butt to kill, they are amazing in PvE as well. L2P
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I quit playing DC when I have to have a cleric just to keep me healed when I should be able to heal myself. My damage DO NOT get me started on that one.
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Or maybe you're just a bad DC? My main is a DC, I have no problem in PvP.
    This is screen from my latest Gaunt PvP: http://i44.tinypic.com/2gvmop4.png

I agree what is said about GF, knocking you away everytime so you can't do any **** and he kills you. I don't think this should be possible.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Really, if they are catching you so easily then you are a bad DC...
  • Options
    runoutofnamesno1runoutofnamesno1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a secondary DC.
    and in PvP which I play for fun and astral diamonds.
    But to say it is a bad class is wrong you need to expweriment and die a lot,that said you do need defence and a bit of offence but the key in my personal opinion is that you have dot that tend to take chunks of health off the opposition.
    Soo couple off quick blasts kite heal more than one person for extra defence and expect to get stunned.
    Easy really but immense fun.
  • Options
    g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no problem in PVE with my DC and I really like it. I went faithful for party buff and more heals options. For pvp I only do well if my team protect me. If you plan on going dps DC, it is going to be pain for you at lvl60. DC now is ****ing broken as hell, and need some real fixes not nerf.
  • Options
    tapp3r101tapp3r101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, there's no reason to play Cleric. It's the worst healer class in MMO history. I quit mine.

Compare the Devoted Cleric (the once shield and plate wearing beast) to World of Warcraft's healer classes. The Paladin, Shaman, Druid and Priest - they are ALL flexible and ALL fantastic in PvP, even solo. They have strong heals, strong defenses (Paladin, druid have more obviously) and are all capable of dealing the same amount of damage as a DPS class (right specc, gear). They have earth shields, holy shields, shapeshifting, shadowform etc. We have one form, and it's "weak". Even with 12k GS, our best protection spells up, we can be one-shotted by a PvE geared Trickster Rogue, stun-locked to death by GF's, CW's and even GWF's.
    The Cleric has a 40% healing reduction on himself, he wears mail armor with a lower armor class than the Great Weapon Fighter's MAIL armor, he has no solid direct heals - just an Astral Shield to toss down around him (IF he has pip on his Divine power bar) and a relatively weak Healing over Time. With the right gear and the right build he can do damage, never achieving the same high amount of damage as the rest (taken that the "rest" has equal quality of gear), and he would never get a group for a dungeon and people in PvP domination would call him a **** for not healing. So he does have the option to respecc for PvP (something no other class have to do to have a chance or have fun in PvP), which means spending ZEN and hundreds of thousands of Astral Diamonds, and he'll then be locked out of PvE - unless he spends ZEN again and hundreds of thousands of Astral Diamonds.

Cryptic describes the Cleric as a "leader", suggesting a tough and fierce kind of character, yet we're left with this weak and sad excuse of a healer class that has to stay behind the stronger class characters in the game to survive.

Where is the actual enjoyment in playing the Devoted Cleric? You are literally an Astral Shield bot, a weak protector with the promise of leader capabilities and in everyone's mind you're supposed to keep the group alive - you're the MMO healer. People will call you a **** when they die inbetween Astral Shields (5 sec cooldown between AS's), they'll stand still and have Karrundax throw a flaming ball of magma on them and die - they'll blame you. The Control Wizard won't use his dodging ability, but instead tank the masses of adds he's supposed to CC, die, and blame you. We have the role of a healer who's supposed to be there when people mess up, but without the burst heal required to do that. Sure, you can toss a healing word on someone that messes up, but it's weak and a HoT, should he take a hit at the same instant as your heal, he's dead. Sunburst is too weak to be considered a viable healing power.
    Even IF we have a dungeon group that is so good (extremely rare) that no one ever gets hit by the super obvious red circles on the ground (Obviously NO ONE has played Dark Souls), you'll have ONLY ONE THING TO DO- ASTRAL SHIELD AND NOTHING ELSE. All your other powers are made completely useless.

Where's the heal with casting time but no cooldown? E.G. Healing Wave, Chain Heal (WoW). Why can't Healing Word be cast while running? Why do we have a 40% healing reduction on ourselves? Why don't we have a shield or higher armor class? Why are our PvP sets only for the minority of Clerics who's specced for DPS (it has Life Steal on it rather than Defense, reg, defl)? Why can't we survive a single player class in PvP? Shouldn't it take several people to take down a healer class in PvP (taken that the healer is healer specced)? Where's our Dual Specc so that we can occasionally have some actual FUN in the game? Are having fun in the game exclusive for DPS and Tank classes?

There's always gonna be the pair of ******bags defending the Cleric, bragging about how well they do in guild pre-made groups against scrubs with bots, leavers and people who just got to 60. They'll likely tell you to learn to play and to quit complaining. Don't listen to them, just understand that all they want is your attention and for you to acknowledge them and their supposed "skills". Most of them are also trolls and some aren't even actually Clerics (why they really don't want you to complain, cause they want to keep facerolling you). And you can only assume they spend ZEN on a daily basis to respecc. But keep complaining, it's how you change things here.

And if you're a Cleric BELOW 60 and try to defend it, do realize that the game changes at 60, you're an idiot.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tapp3r101 wrote: »
    I agree, there's no reason to play Cleric. It's the worst healer class in MMO history. I quit mine.

Compare the Devoted Cleric (the once shield and plate wearing beast) to World of Warcraft's healer classes. The Paladin, Shaman, Druid and Priest - they are ALL flexible and ALL fantastic in PvP, even solo. They have strong heals, strong defenses (Paladin, druid have more obviously) and are all capable of dealing the same amount of damage as a DPS class (right specc, gear). They have earth shields, holy shields, shapeshifting, shadowform etc. We have one form, and it's "weak". Even with 12k GS, our best protection spells up, we can be one-shotted by a PvE geared Trickster Rogue, stun-locked to death by GF's, CW's and even GWF's.
    The Cleric has a 40% healing reduction on himself, he wears mail armor with a lower armor class than the Great Weapon Fighter's MAIL armor, he has no solid direct heals - just an Astral Shield to toss down around him (IF he has pip on his Divine power bar) and a relatively weak Healing over Time. With the right gear and the right build he can do damage, never achieving the same high amount of damage as the rest (taken that the "rest" has equal quality of gear), and he would never get a group for a dungeon and people in PvP domination would call him a **** for not healing. So he does have the option to respecc for PvP (something no other class have to do to have a chance or have fun in PvP), which means spending ZEN and hundreds of thousands of Astral Diamonds, and he'll then be locked out of PvE - unless he spends ZEN again and hundreds of thousands of Astral Diamonds.

Cryptic describes the Cleric as a "leader", suggesting a tough and fierce kind of character, yet we're left with this weak and sad excuse of a healer class that has to stay behind the stronger class characters in the game to survive.

Where is the actual enjoyment in playing the Devoted Cleric? You are literally an Astral Shield bot, a weak protector with the promise of leader capabilities and in everyone's mind you're supposed to keep the group alive - you're the MMO healer. People will call you a **** when they die inbetween Astral Shields (5 sec cooldown between AS's), they'll stand still and have Karrundax throw a flaming ball of magma on them and die - they'll blame you. The Control Wizard won't use his dodging ability, but instead tank the masses of adds he's supposed to CC, die, and blame you. We have the role of a healer who's supposed to be there when people mess up, but without the burst heal required to do that. Sure, you can toss a healing word on someone that messes up, but it's weak and a HoT, should he take a hit at the same instant as your heal, he's dead. Sunburst is too weak to be considered a viable healing power.
    Even IF we have a dungeon group that is so good (extremely rare) that no one ever gets hit by the super obvious red circles on the ground (Obviously NO ONE has played Dark Souls), you'll have ONLY ONE THING TO DO- ASTRAL SHIELD AND NOTHING ELSE. All your other powers are made completely useless.

Where's the heal with casting time but no cooldown? E.G. Healing Wave, Chain Heal (WoW). Why can't Healing Word be cast while running? Why do we have a 40% healing reduction on ourselves? Why don't we have a shield or higher armor class? Why are our PvP sets only for the minority of Clerics who's specced for DPS (it has Life Steal on it rather than Defense, reg, defl)? Why can't we survive a single player class in PvP? Shouldn't it take several people to take down a healer class in PvP (taken that the healer is healer specced)? Where's our Dual Specc so that we can occasionally have some actual FUN in the game? Are having fun in the game exclusive for DPS and Tank classes?

There's always gonna be the pair of ******bags defending the Cleric, bragging about how well they do in guild pre-made groups against scrubs with bots, leavers and people who just got to 60. They'll likely tell you to learn to play and to quit complaining. Don't listen to them, just understand that all they want is your attention and for you to acknowledge them and their supposed "skills". Most of them are also trolls and some aren't even actually Clerics (why they really don't want you to complain, cause they want to keep facerolling you). And you can only assume they spend ZEN on a daily basis to respecc. But keep complaining, it's how you change things here.

And if you're a Cleric BELOW 60 and try to defend it, do realize that the game changes at 60, you're an idiot.

I don't think that they are a bad healing class, they are just different and take some work to master. Most of those skills and abilities are based on the DnD counterpart, because this game is inspired off DnD (won't say based). If you didn't or don't play DnD then you may not completely understand.

HOWEVER, I do agree that their heals need to be beefed up a bit.