test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knight's Captain set (vs Stalwart)

2»

Comments

• marwoodandimarwoodandi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the great replies guys. As the OP, I finally had the Stalwart Helm drop, from the chest in Karru of all places. I have the other 3 pieces too, but I'm torn now if I should equip the set or not, to see what all the fuss is about. The helm still sells for 700k or so on Beholder, and I'm fairly happy with the KC set.
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    I'll ask this again here since no one is testing this. What is the range on the Knights Captain set. The RNG hates me and I've only 2 pieces so far. I would love someone who has the set to go find this out. It's not hard to test in places like Rothe valley tunnel or even in PVP training dummies.

I keep asking this since the only place this buff matters to a geared group is on final bosses and usually end up fairly spread out.

I just tested this by inviting my alt account to a party, and practicing on the test dummies in The Trade of Blades. I have a pretty good handle on the range it has, but I'm unsure how to measure it in feet. I'd guesstimate 60-70 feet, since I was fighting the furthest dummy in the room on the right (not the main hall), and it reached almost to the
    opening of the room with the vendor.

I can confirm that it procs off at-will powers, like cleaves and threatening rush, so it's up most of the time. It does have a line-of-sight requirement though. I could get almost on top of my guy with the set, and not get the buff if I was around the corner.
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the great replies guys. As the OP, I finally had the Stalwart Helm drop, from the chest in Karru of all places. I have the other 3 pieces too, but I'm torn now if I should equip the set or not, to see what all the fuss is about. The helm still sells for 700k or so on Beholder, and I'm fairly happy with the KC set.

I just tested this by inviting my alt account to a party, and practicing on the test dummies in The Trade of Blades. I have a pretty good handle on the range it has, but I'm unsure how to measure it in feet. I'd guesstimate 60-70 feet, since I was fighting the furthest dummy in the room on the right (not the main hall), and it reached almost to the
    opening of the room with the vendor.

I can confirm that it procs off at-will powers, like cleaves and threatening rush, so it's up most of the time. It does have a line-of-sight requirement though. I could get almost on top of my guy with the set, and not get the buff if I was around the corner.

You can always make an account on preview shard and give the armor a run there.
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

LoS isn't a issue in most cases though.
    Personally, I think Stalwart is a better PuG PVE/PVP set, while KC is for PVE with a good group set.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • fornyyyfornyyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm sorry for the random question, i just got my KC 4 set. What Enhancement should i be slotting for all the 4 parts and what's the ideal Main hand + Off hand is preferable if i'm on a budget like around 30-50k AD.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fornyyy wrote: »
    Hmm sorry for the random question, i just got my KC 4 set. What Enhancement should i be slotting for all the 4 parts and what's the ideal Main hand + Off hand is preferable if i'm on a budget like around 30-50k AD.

Pick up a Braced Troll Warhammer for 13.5k and Shield of the Crusher for 3k. That should be more than good enough while you save up or farm something higher.

I slotted my KC set with arpen(until I got to cap) then power. Utility slots were filled with movement.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fornyyy wrote: »

Utility Slots: Dark = +Movement
    Defence Slots: Radiant = +HP
    Offence Slots: Dark = +Armor Penetration / Radiant = +Power.

Personally I went for ArP Cap (24%, 16% from gear, 8% from 18 Dex) first and then filled free slots with Radiants for extra Power.

"Ideal" Main-Hand/OH combo varies.
    Some say Timeless Sword/Shield (offers most offensive stats), but I prefer the Ancient Grand Knight's Sword/Shield combo.

On a limited budget however, Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar+Shield of the Crusher.
    You can save ~10-15k if you go with Braced Troll Warhammer instead, though.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    On a limited budget however, Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar+Shield of the Crusher.
    You can save ~10-15k if you go with Braced Troll Warhammer instead, though.

The Lizardfolk Scimitar is around 80K on Beholder, I think the price jump is because of it being pimped in the forums.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The Lizardfolk Scimitar is around 80K on Beholder, I think the price jump is because of it being pimped in the forums.

The price jumped up the other day when the pirate king was busted. SO they couldnt get farmed anymore. You used to be able to get them for 10K on Mindflayer. I has a few extra laying around on alts that I was able to sell for 150K those days... :)