test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rouges are Still very OP

mrpaydaymrpayday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
im full t2 and get 1 hit by rouges 25k that isn't op?
Post edited by mrpayday on

Comments

• huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nope, its not op, you just need to stop whining like a baby and learn to play
  • sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    I hope we are OP but I don't know :)
  • skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Executioner rogue if spec'ed correctly and who are well geared will crit from 18k or more with lashing blade most good players can dodge this if they're quick...clearly you're not :P
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Every class is potentially OP when built/geared right. I'm pretty sure I've been 1-2 shotted by every class at one time or another.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mrpayday wrote: »

Even clerics can use 25k+ 1 shot abilities.

DC: Hammer of Justice 25k+
    CW: Ice Knife 40k+
    GWF: 20k+
    GF: Perma prone combo 20k+
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Get some more defence and HP for pvp perhaps or learn to position better ?
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate getting hit by cosmetics...

• noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    skreechr wrote: »
    Executioner rogue if spec'ed correctly and who are well geared will crit from 18k or more with lashing blade most good players can dodge this if they're quick...clearly you're not :P

I actually hit more than that with full pvp gear + epic belts rings etc on CWs, when I played executioner. Specced out of it cause when ever I was playing against a player that could actually play, it didnt help me much :/.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I usually see in PvP is many people rush to the flag, stand there, see rogues going into stealth from the opposite direction, yet they do not move an inch nor try to do anything...2 seconds later, lashing strike right on their back. Then they go to zone chat and cry how OP rogues are. :cool:
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TBH, I don't really use LB in PVP. I use Smoke, ItC, and Bait.
  • joyvinjoyvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013

TR OP? stop trolling plz and go l2P

CW - can oneshot TR.
    GWF - can oneshot TR
    GF - can chain knok + dmg - almost always dead TR.
    Dc can hit 20k+
    signature.jpg
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TBH, I don't really use LB in PVP. I use Smoke, ItC, and Bait.

I don't know how you do well in pvp with no damaging encounters in your slot bar. Smoke is easy to walk out of, ITC can be countered with another ITC, Bait makes you stay longer in stealth but where's the damage?
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    I don't know how you do well in pvp with no damaging encounters in your slot bar. Smoke is easy to walk out of, ITC can be countered with another ITC, Bait makes you stay longer in stealth but where's the damage?

It's possible he has all the feats related to boosting at-wills, and stacks power over crit/armor pen. I'm still not sure how effective he would be though.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    considering rogue pvp is all about burst damage a setup whitout any spike sounds unfeasible. maybe he can build AP real fast (scoundrel possibly) and compensate with daily spam, bait and switch over shadow strike suggests exactly that.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am by no means an expert and sometimes I change my encounters depending on pvp. I have swapped shadow strike for smoke though.

I use smoke and drop it on the caps, and yes people can move, but they disperse and scatter. Especially if there is a cleric, I will drop smoke in the AS too.

I use ItC for CW's. I also use stealth, open up on someone with CoS, usually another TR or CW, they are the squishiest.. Drop bait when stealth gets low fight some more. If I can drop 1 and severely wound another, that helps the team. Then I pull back and either heal via a pot of some sort and recycle my encounters and stuff. I try to drop bait while stealthed to refresh it and if I can, drop it in the middle of the fight and see if I can get it killed.

I can, and others have learned to dodge/block lashing blade, shocking execution. I use Whip of Blades or Lurkers Assault, LA is great for extending your stealth.

I don't do the straight perma-stealth build, or strait DPS build... I am built around DPS/Stealth.

Does this make sense?
    edited June 2013
    how can you say you're built around dps when you carry a grand total of 0 damage potential in your encounters? nah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. i'd call it built around stealth/support more. of course every rogue will be dps to an extent, but try using something like lashing blade/ItC/impact shot, now that's some burst you can dish out, but of course you're no longer running support skills.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    What I usually see in PvP is many people rush to the flag, stand there, see rogues going into stealth from the opposite direction, yet they do not move an inch nor try to do anything...2 seconds later, lashing strike right on their back. Then they go to zone chat and cry how OP rogues are. :cool:

Preach on brother man!

Seriously, the word you are looking for is "cheesy." Every class can 1/2 shot people. The thing with trs is they do it from stealth, which could be considered cheesy.

Make your own tr. See things from the other side. In a couple of days you will learn their "in's and out's" and be pwning them all day.
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    how can you say you're built around dps when you carry a grand total of 0 damage potential in your encounters? nah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. i'd call it built around stealth/support more. of course every rogue will be dps to an extent, but try using something like lashing blade/ItC/impact shot, now that's some burst you can dish out, but of course you're no longer running support skills.

But am I not mistaken while in stealth you have combat advantage and that increases your damage over the duration right? Especially if you have LA active. I use tenacious concealment and skillful infiltrator for class abilities.

I mean if I was trying to stay stealthed (a different set up) a long time or 1v1 people, yes... but that smoke goes a long way

I always listen to what people have to say.. trust me...I seem to do okay with that set up.. I am not like 10 kills 0 deaths...really depends on the group since I PUG PVP just for the daily...

Lots of viable builds with TR's... I think that maybe that is what is aggravating people, they can't plan for cookie cutter builds.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    25k? I got tagged with a 31.2k Lashing as a GF with 44% mitigation the other night doin premades.

No debuffs up, heard them pop lurker's and I was guarding from the front, as I saw the rogue in front of me, Obv lag is to blame for that hit since they were probably flanked on their screen. But yea, 25k isn't even as mean as it gets.

Pvorpral and Gtene are to blame for much of the "balance" issues people find. I think the classes are well enough suited in PvP. Rogues have an advantage with Gtene in that they will almost always get the full effect of the first set of procs easily doing 800-900 per.

At any rate. Should stop complaining about nerf this and that when there are FAR greater problems with this game.

In PvP I'd say #1 is hit detection.
    edited June 2013
    But am I not mistaken while in stealth you have combat advantage and that increases your damage over the duration right? Especially if you have LA active. I use tenacious concealment and skillful infiltrator for class abilities.

I mean if I was trying to stay stealthed (a different set up) a long time or 1v1 people, yes... but that smoke goes a long way

I always listen to what people have to say.. trust me...I seem to do okay with that set up.. I am not like 10 kills 0 deaths...really depends on the group since I PUG PVP just for the daily...

Lots of viable builds with TR's... I think that maybe that is what is aggravating people, they can't plan for cookie cutter builds.

you are a rogue, you will always have a dps role to an extent. but in the grand scheme of things a rogue built like that is pretty much the lowest possible dps variation. so no, i woudln't call it a dps spec. compare it to an executioner TR which can kill 3 non-tank characters before lurker assault runs out and you'll see what i mean. not trying to say your playstyle is bad, it brings good support to the party in addition to "some" dps but it's far from the brutal killer some other rogue variations (which in turn provide very little support to the party) can be.
  • skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    noose93 wrote: »
    I actually hit more than that with full pvp gear + epic belts rings etc on CWs, when I played executioner. Specced out of it cause when ever I was playing against a player that could actually play, it didnt help me much :/.

Completely agree with you. MAX damage rogues do well when in a pre-made and have heals, there damage really can turn the game. but solo rogues that have stealth or tactical play can easily beat my executioner rogue.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I didn't know a lipstick color can be OP in a game.
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    you are a rogue, you will always have a dps role to an extent. but in the grand scheme of things a rogue built like that is pretty much the lowest possible dps variation. so no, i woudln't call it a dps spec. compare it to an executioner TR which can kill 3 non-tank characters before lurker assault runs out and you'll see what i mean. not trying to say your playstyle is bad, it brings good support to the party in addition to "some" dps but it's far from the brutal killer some other rogue variations (which in turn provide very little support to the party) can be.

Well, I am executioner path, I just like to be in stealth and do damage, and if Lurkers Assault is up I will use it. Its Stealth + LA, is like the equalizer that helps me take on people. Other than a GF, those take more time.

I just have a philosophy that its a team game, and you don't really get major points for K/D ratio. My goal is for my team to win the pvp match, I have no need to gloat or talk trash.

On a side note, I can see how Impact Shot has some use.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skreechr wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. MAX damage rogues do well when in a pre-made and have heals, there damage really can turn the game. but solo rogues that have stealth or tactical play can easily beat my executioner rogue.

Huh, solo rogues that have stealth usually die easily to my executioner rogue.

They're usually incomplete perma stealth rogues (either too poor or simply a shoddy respec from executioner) which leaves them with a significant gap in their stealth.
    Doubled with a lack of survivability & low damage means that my executioner rogues easily takes them out.

Invis Knife toss attempt? I'll pop my own stealth & wait till theirs burn out while acquiring their position.
    1A: They attempt B & S to prolong stealth. Me simply dodge roll backwards & wait it out, don't give them any AP, & negate CoS buff + stacks.
    (Unless they're attempting to hold a point, in which case me move into melee range.*)
    1B: They simply drop out of stealth usually in an attempt to shadow strike or toss more knives. -> Chuck my own knives/impact shot. Will sap stealth meter. Even if they hit with shadow strike & stealth, unless they perfectly time their stealth, some damage will hit AFTER they stealth & sap their bar. (Would work even better if you has a DoT enchantment. )

End result: Their rotation is screwed & their CoS stacks are depleted.
    -> Face hug the little bass tart. (Make them blow their dodge roll first, it's very rare they choose to actually roll directly away from you. Use that to close the distance with your own dodge roll.)
    2A: TR attempts shadow strike + stealth. If @ range: Continually toss knives and/or your own shadow strike/impact shot at him, very likely that at least one will hit & sap his bar. If melee: You know what to do. Enemy TR dies.
    2B: Guy already used shadow strike & is out of stealth. B & S is now useless unless he pops a daily & gets the bar back.

-> End result: TR is open to attack & you most likely are in melee range.
    3A: Stealth will fail, stealth abilities on cooldown CoS stacks at best ~6-9 stacks. You've still got Lashing, a large amount of hp, & whatever other abilities you chose. You know what to do.
    3B: TR pops a daily, either SE or Lurkers. Since you've basically taken minimal damage, SE shouldn't 1 shot you. Pops lurkers, Either 1) Finish him off quick. or 2) Attempt to negate CoS. (They'll usually avoid attempting to melee you, since even with Lurker buffed sly flourish is still weaker than a Lashing from you.)

*Me has noticed several "perma stealth" TRs think that invis = invulnerability. Just act like you're panicking to trick them into letting you get into melee range. (Moving erratically right before you roll into them usually works & buys you time to CoS/encounter them out of stealth.)

Also just because you're an executioner TR doesn't mean you have to fight till you die.
    If you get disadvantaged. (Mayhaps he dodge rolled your lashing)
    Tis okie to run away & come back when you has regained an advantage.

The perma stealth TR relies on having a target to maintain stealth. No target = no stealth. *cough shadow strike cough*
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    I didn't know a lipstick color can be OP in a game.

...another person that got it...

• xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    rogues could be OP played by the right person with the right spec, as with every other class in this game...now Rouges, not so much.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues aren't OP. Cryptic already nerfed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of Rogues while buffing other classes.

You gotta know exactly when, where, and how to engage targets. You also need great gear and a great spec to do well. If you choose the wrong target at the wrong time and the wrong place without knowing how to escape, you're dead in seconds. However, a good Rogue with good gear and a good spec can do this in PvP:

ZVfAQDi.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZVfAQDi.jpg

P.S. I had to do /killme because of the stupid stealth bug that makes it so the stealth bar doesn't move.
  • xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013

Lesson:

Learn how to dodge and protect yourself at all time.

Common sense, you'll be dead if you are just standing against other player.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nerf this class already is like playing a **** godmode
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Dang those rouges! Red is pretty OP as well!

RougeDior1.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg