test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP leavers - developers sleeping?

2»

Comments

• Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think PVP is fine until level 60 as well. Then it's often insta-slaughter. I liked the post about PVP matches set with Gear Scores. Otherwise, I don't think there's a way to balance it. Getting 1-shotted stinks.

Yeah I couldn't understand it either, I had a full-pvp set when I dinged 60 and it felt like I was made of paper.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    I'll keep it short: as a programmer myself i can't get how developers can think so much good solutions to computer problems yet be so stupid.

I queued for SIX pvp games today and each one had AT LEAST one leaver, both insta-leavers and idiots leaving after the enemies capped two points and we got one(which can happen but doesn't set the game).

Is it so hard to introduce a report/ban system? Not an insta-ban because if you drop your internet once you're screwed, i mean something more like if you leave 3 pvp games in 24 hours you get a 24 hour ban(just an idea).

I would also like to note that this isn't the first time that happens to me, it happens quite often both in my or their team.
    Fact is i need 6k Glory to get the last two pieces of my gear and i keep gettin less than 200 glory per game due to this.

It's really hard to take posts like this seriously. The poster goes off on a tangent calling people idiots when he can't even type coherent sentences. Then goes on in multiple posts calling people that don't agree with him brainless.

I think you should take a break from the game. You're taking it way to seriously and are clearly too over emotional to have any kind of rational thought.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You have to accept that this game is not viable playing solo with PuGs. I'm just helping you eliminate all the problems you had in your opening post and the only solution is to play with a pre made group. If you don't have the time to form a party, don't expect to win any time soon. Get use to "I queued for SIX pvp games today and each one had AT LEAST one leaver". It's really simple to make a pre-made group, you don't even need to have friends or guild. You just need to know players that won't leave on you.

How about next time you win/loose a match, ask everyone that stayed to the very of the match if they want to still stick together as a party. While you're at it add them to your friends list, you don't even need to be friends with them. They're just there if you need them. Heck they might even message you back sometime down the line if you're up for a party.

This does not only apply to PVP, it's even worse for PVE players that can't complete dungeons since a member left. Imagine wasting 1 hour and not being strong enough to clear the boss for the loots.

There's a problem with your solution. It happens the other way around aswell - if your team is too strong (wins too hard) then people on the opposite team will also leave, resulting in no/very little glory again. This esp happens when you roll in a group of 5 guildies. Puggers see the guild tag and insta quit lol.

P.S. I made a thread related to this issue, it's called Penalty for leaving an active PvP game. I'll give it a bump since it probably got bumped back a couple pages.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Yeah I couldn't understand it either, I had a full-pvp set when I dinged 60 and it felt like I was made of paper.

Haha yeah I feel the same and i play cleric, got to 60 got kitted out in what i thought was decent and boom dead in a few seconds.

PvP is pointless atm as there is not many times you face a balanced team and when they are more powerful than you its no fun and you get very little glory for it.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Haha yeah I feel the same and i play cleric, got to 60 got kitted out in what i thought was decent and boom dead in a few seconds.

PvP is pointless atm as there is not many times you face a balanced team and when they are more powerful than you its no fun and you get very little glory for it.

Exactly! I just start an alt and play pvp on that until 60 and then start another. I find the pre-60 pvp really exciting.

I don't think its at all good to be able to freely leave pvp in a game like this, but I can certainly understand why people do, at least at the level 60 bracket. Since I just focus on pre-60 though, I see a lot of players leave for no real reason and it just ruins the game for the whole team.

Maybe I am not understanding how to play the game correctly, should we all just leave if one player leaves? What do you think?
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Seems to me what is really needed is some sort of gear score or skill based matchmaking.

Or perhaps just having a pool of universal gear available with x amount of points to spend on it?

Not sure what the answer is, but it seems to be centered on balance more than anything else.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I disagree with the ban part. I however say give them a debuff that keeps them from requeing for a certain time. If it wears out and they do it again in the same day, it doubles. Rinse and repeat.

Say they quit the match..get a 30 minute cannot queue debuff.

It goes away, they queue again, leave..debuff starts out at 1 hour.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I disagree with the ban part. I however say give them a debuff that keeps them from requeing for a certain time. If it wears out and they do it again in the same day, it doubles. Rinse and repeat.

Agreed. Seems like a suitable punishment to me.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    selaral wrote: »

Being pusnished becuz someone decided to troll / afk is a bad idea . Noone likes it .
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If people are leaving you probably suck. (Or afk/botters)
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Being pusnished becuz someone decided to troll / afk is a bad idea . Noone likes it .
    Trolling is actually against the TOS anyway as it is meant to 'discomfort others'.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If people are leaving you probably suck. (Or afk/botters)

Cool story bro.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If people are leaving, there are a lot of reasons.

-When you have a bot in your team, full level 10 green stuff, with no mount
    > insta leave.
    -When the gear between the two party is so enormous than it will result in a quick defeat or a farming just to earn more glory
    > leave.
    -The reward for a quick looser team is so ridiculous than people prefer to leave especially during an arena event with a chance to make moore glory after.
    -Glory is more and more useless so people don't care about leaving.
    -No PVP ranks for team or for character, so people don't care about leaving.

Since we lost the ability to kick someone, we are stuck with bots, so people leave it's normal.
    NO GS score or PVP rank limit to find a match, so people leave somtimes due to the inbalance.
    NO special rewards as extra diamonds or funny things to acquire so people leave.
    Quick mount is a huge advantage to win a domination match, somtimes people leave because they have a slow team.

Of course, we will not discuss about some OPness class and build abuse, but sometimes people leave ^^

Actually if people are leaving they have plenty of good reasons to do that, it doesn't matters to know if they are good or no.

Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    balorin wrote: »
    If people are leaving, there are a lot of reasons.

-When you have a bot in your team, full level 10 green stuff, with no mount
    > insta leave.
    -When the gear between the two party is so enormous than it will result in a quick defeat or a farming just to earn more glory
    > leave.
    -The reward for a quick looser team is so ridiculous than people prefer to leave especially during an arena event with a chance to make moore glory after.
    -Glory is more and more useless so people don't care about leaving.
    -No PVP ranks for team or for character, so people don't care about leaving.

Since we lost the ability to kick someone, we are stuck with bots, so people leave it's normal.
    NO GS score or PVP rank limit to find a match, so people leave somtimes due to the inbalance.
    NO special rewards as extra diamonds or funny things to acquire so people leave.
    Quick mount is a huge advantage to win a domination match, somtimes people leave because they have a slow team.

Of course, we will not discuss about some OPness class and build abuse, but sometimes people leave ^^

Actually if people are leaving they have plenty of good reasons to do that, it doesn't matters to know if they are good or no.

Cool story bro.

Indeed, and I can think of a lot more- like they don't want to play against perma-stealth rogues, they don't want to play against perma-KD GFs, they don't want to play against unkillable GWF's/clerics etc. Or they don't like your name, or they don't like the way the team plays, or the team doesn't listen to their instructions......

With no penalty and a plethora of reasons to leave its understandable that people make the most of it. And when one person leaves for whatever reason, the most logical thing the rest of their team can do is also leave.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    I agree its a trouble solution (even said in my post i didnt really like it).

However, with the way things are in game now its the best solution.

I am not going to bust my *** trying to cap points while my team had one leaver, a bot/afker, and two players that just mindlessly charge mid b/c they think pvp is a deathmatch.

In That example (which happens a lot to me) there is no way to win, period. When faced with loss, in which i will get basically no reward, its faster, easier, and much less stressful to just leave and find a new match.

Sadly, for me, its a "cant beat'em? Join'em" situation. I am not going to fall on my sword for basically principal in a video game.

The solution is simply a 30min ban on joining pvp queues, imo. That will stop leavers and, hopefully, make botting not really worth the effort.

I think this is how many people feel, although I still can't bring myself to leave- actually I don't know how, haha.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »

Okay either one of two things is true here.

One. You suck at pvp. If you were in full pvp and you were being torn apart. Something tells me you weren't actually in full pvp. You probably still had greens or blues on.

Two. You suck at pvp.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Okay either one of two things is true here.

One. You suck at pvp. If you were in full pvp and you were being torn apart. Something tells me you weren't actually in full pvp. You probably still had greens or blues on.

Two. You suck at pvp.

Thanks for the response Krumpy, insightful as always. Out of those two choices it would have to be two "You suck at pvp" since my characters are always glory capped before level 60.

But you know, its not like many other people have also commented how the TTK at level 60 is out of wack- like just four different people on this thread alone... So I would have to say that only one thing is true here- you are just being an ignorant insulting prick.