test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappointing Miracle Healer testing

Comments

• Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thanks for this! We're investigating the issue.

Good to hear... As long as your "fix" does not include adding something stupid, like, say, oh, "This effect can only occur once every 60 seconds", because, frankly, you've screwed with clerics enough already.

Thanks.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well if you say you tested it and it works like that then its good news, lets hope them looking into it doesn't end up nerfing it lol
  • Options
    spinyspipispinyspipi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thanks for this! We're investigating the issue.

Any news on this?
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    spinyspipi wrote: »
    Any news on this?

Nope, set is still useless. 2/2 for set 2 bonuses has been the best option for Clerics since release. Grand Templar full set is decent to have, but it also has a broken set 4. It buffs only you, not your allies, and only for 6 seconds.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Well if you say you tested it and it works like that then its good news, lets hope them looking into it doesn't end up nerfing it lol

it is also worth noting that they only pull this type of every 40 second BS with the cleric, everyone else gets all the time along with better bonuses to boot
  • Options
    lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    Nope, set is still useless. 2/2 for set 2 bonuses has been the best option for Clerics since release.

xDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Bother, frankly. I normally run 2x high prophet and 2x miracle healer for the stats. I had the third bit of miracle healer sitting unused and unbound in the bank last night, and so picked up the hat on the AH. This was all pretty cheap, as I was already running miracle healer chest, and didn't have to pay a fortune to remove my soulforged enchant.. So, for about 290k or so, I went to 4/4, just before restarting professions and logging off for the evening.

I was intending to test it out today, see how the set bonus works, but it seems my timing was a little off. If only I'd have waited another day before being a massive smartarse, you guys would have saved me a bit. Oh well, thanks for the informative thread, anyway.

(Also, a curse upon whoever it was in another thread who was going on about what a large contribution it made to their healing output.. Either this proc got broken in the patch, or their usual healing output is pants :) )

At least I think I still have the high prophet parts in the bank, so I can swap them back in.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was also disappointed when I got my 4/4 miracle. The truth is that this set doesn't work as it was intended to.
    It heals only 1 random ally, no matter his current HP. Most of the time, you won't notice the healing because it healed a full HP party member. It's a fact that it rarelly heals a party member who needs it.

When I see a bonus like Swashbuckling one, I feel like Miracle Healer is obsolete. But I'm not sure if it is because some Sets of other classes are totally overpowered, or Miracle underpowered.

Anyway, I would be glad if Miracle was fixed to match the tooltip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Simply put, with an Ioun Stone of Allure it's stupidly easy to hit all your relevant "Soft Caps" as a Cleric, and at that point the extra stats from running 2/2 are worthless.

The Miracle Healer 4 piece set is broken, but at end-game it's the best we've got.

Besides, let's face it, Clerics get the short end of every stick. All of our set bonuses suck (We even have one that lets us strip Gear Score from people nearby...), all of the end-path Feats suck, we're railroaded with our Power choices... (2/3 Encounter Slots are pretty much set in stone, as are the At-wills and Dailies)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Simply put, with an Ioun Stone of Allure it's stupidly easy to hit all your relevant "Soft Caps" as a Cleric, and at that point the extra stats from running 2/2 are worthless.

They're not worthless, exactly, if you're still close to it. A "soft cap" is exactly that, soft.

However, I do agree with your doom and gloom, paragraph, darnit. I had to remind myself that it's still quite fun to play (at least in PvE), as you had kittens crying for a minute there. It doesn't manner how suboptimal we are, if we're along as healers, we're still needed.

(Obviously, cretinous DPS specced clerics are as necessary as a spare nostril, but that's their own fault, they knew the risks when they took that path)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    True, saying they were "Worthless" was a bit harsh, it's just that Diminishing Returns are so brutally high that the average 1,100 heal from MH 4 piece is far more appealing~

And yes! I just take the fact that Cleric stuff is so broken-bad as a Compliment. I can heal end-game, even with the boatload of useless and/or broken stuff we get.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, in a way, I hope you're right. When I next log my DC, she will be wearing her 4/4 MH set, and what you say should, in theory, make me feel better :)

Edit:

I should mention that DC isn't unique in being totally borked. CW is a class which depends on a complex set of synergistic interactions to do crazy high multi-target DPS and CC.. and not everything works how it should, either. Prior to the patch, one of the t2 sets had a tier 2 bonus that actually buffed the defense of mobs, believe it or not.

It's still incredibly broken, as a class. If you dare, look at the list:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?346531-Outstanding-CW-Bugs-Issues-%28Since-6-13-Patch%29&highlight=bugs

..and the one about broken sets:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?360962-Do-any-of-the-CW-4-piece-armor-set-bonuses-actually-work&highlight=bugs

I'm sure that other classes are equally hosed, but I haven't rolled those yet. The grass is always stronger on the other side of the fence- though DCs certainly do get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-encrusted end of the stick in PvP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I certainly do believe it.

We have a skill, Divine Glow, that when cast with Divinity is supposed to lower the enemies defense, while buffing teammates attack. It would instead lower teammates defense. Just what we wanted~

And the Divine Emissary set bonus is meant to add Defense and Deflection, which it still might, it actually causes you to lose approx 500 Gear Score.

Basically, with MH as it currently is (And they've said they're looking into it, so fingers crossed for a buff!), you'll want to run 2/2 early on, but as you start to improve your Enchantments and get an Ioun stone of Allure, you'll want to swap to 4/4 Miracle Healer.

Or you can go straight to 4/4 MH, it really depends on your luck with loot and if you're willing to buy pieces. Also, just a note, you'll lose some Gear Score when swapping to the full MH set. For some stupid reason, full set bonuses don't give any GS so if you're running two sets of two, you'll lose a bunch.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I figured most of that out for myself, though it's always nice to get confirmation :)

I'd forgotten about the Divine Glow thing. What a wacky fun game this is, sometimes.

I'm not that fussed about GS anyway, I'm over 11k, and if that's not enough for anyone, they can go boil their head while looking for another healer. I care more about being able to take care of bidness.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah~ GS becomes pointless the higher you get, since it's not based purely on Gear.

Guardian Fighters can get like 10k with unenchanted-T1 gear, just because they have a feat that gives them a huge amount of Power.

Either way, I think the only Cleric Encounter that's bugged right now is Prophecy of Doom, which doesn't reset the cooldown like it's supposed to.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, that has never worked properly, though, has it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Yeah, that has never worked properly, though, has it?

I think it was broken in a different way before the Balance Patch broke the cooldown-reset lmao
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Moral of the story - do not buy miracle healer's set from the AH , only sell it .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think it was broken in a different way before the Balance Patch broke the cooldown-reset lmao

Vorsprung durch Technik, there, I think :)
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Moral of the story - do not buy miracle healer's set from the AH , only sell it .

I'm not sure that I agree totally. It has useful stats, and is readily available. It's nice enough with or without the set bonus, not a bad place to build a loadout from. At least the set bonus being broken is just a lack of advantage, and doesn't actively debuff players or buff mobs, unlike some effects in this game :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Another thing, people are judging it based on a single use...

It heals 5% to one ally, yes. Only one.

Every time you use an encounter.

My usual loadout:

Astral Shield: 15 second cooldown
    Sun Burst: 10 second cooldown
    Forgemasters Flame: 15 second cooldown (I think it's actually more like 12, too lazy to check)

With my regular group at End-game, I heal about 1,100 HP from Miracle Healers.

That means that every minute I am healing 4,400 from Astral Shield, 6,600 from Sun Burst and another 4,400 from Forgemasters.

That's 15,400 HP/Minute in heals. For free. On top of whatever else you're healing. And yes, some of it will be wasted healing people near full, or because everyone is already full.

It's still a lot of healing.
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Divine glow got fixed afaik
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sogronnwo wrote: »
    Divine glow got fixed afaik

It did~ But for a while there it was a useless skill T_T Less than useless in fact. Made it harder xD
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Another thing, people are judging it based on a single use...

It heals 5% to one ally, yes. Only one.

Every time you use an encounter.

My usual loadout:

Astral Shield: 15 second cooldown
    Sun Burst: 10 second cooldown
    Forgemasters Flame: 15 second cooldown (I think it's actually more like 12, too lazy to check)

With my regular group at End-game, I heal about 1,100 HP from Miracle Healers.

That means that every minute I am healing 4,400 from Astral Shield, 6,600 from Sun Burst and another 4,400 from Forgemasters.

That's 15,400 HP/Minute in heals. For free. On top of whatever else you're healing. And yes, some of it will be wasted healing people near full, or because everyone is already full.

It's still a lot of healing.

I have to agree with u, beside the set dont do what is supose to do its still a good extra healing.

I have used ACT and noticed that between 10%-14% of my healing come from Miracle set bonus.... not that bad hein ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What you don't mention is that the target is random and most of the time it will heal a full HP ally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    What you don't mention is that the target is random and most of the time it will heal a full HP ally.

Actually, most of the time, it will heal yourself first, if you are not topped off. It may be just a dumb heal and overall fairly luckluster compared to the power of other classes 4pc bonus, but even as it is it's still pretty good.

Besides, what are you going to replace it with if you are in diminishing returns on everything else? Less than 2% extra healing from 570 Power via Beacon of Faith 2pc? That will amount to factors if not an order of magnitude less healing than the 4pc bonus from full MH set. You also lose 120 Critical Strike (~0.5%) too with that particular swap.
  • Options
    hackbeardhackbeard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even with the bug, I still prefer to go full MH set rather than mix in two Grand Templar pieces.

I like to get the full Recovery boost and stats from the gear, put in a maxed out Prophecy of Doom used only from Divinity mode, targeted at soon-to-be-dead enemies to fill up AP super fast. Within 3 ticks usually I'm filled up (which I can do in a matter of seconds if timed right, since PoD instantly recharges), and use Hallowed Ground with maxed out Moon Touched (+5% Max HP every 3 seconds to all allies), and Healer's Lore, and you will heal for days. Almost impossible for people to die if you can maintain near 100% uptime on Hallowed Ground. Even at 80-90% uptime, it's a ridiculous amount of healing. Throw in a Forgemaster's Flame now and then and you're golden.

EDIT: I realize this strategy has likely been shared countless times in this section of the forum. I'm just excited because I finally have my full gear set and can start rocking out at maximum ability. :)
  • Options
    pyschospudspyschospuds Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am going by 2/4 for each set seems the first bonus works better than 4/4. All second bonuses sux for our sets. plus you get more GS.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Actually, most of the time, it will heal yourself first, if you are not topped off. It may be just a dumb heal and overall fairly luckluster compared to the power of other classes 4pc bonus, but even as it is it's still pretty good.

Besides, what are you going to replace it with if you are in diminishing returns on everything else? Less than 2% extra healing from 570 Power via Beacon of Faith 2pc? That will amount to factors if not an order of magnitude less healing than the 4pc bonus from full MH set. You also lose 120 Critical Strike (~0.5%) too with that particular swap.

Never did I say that 2/2 was better. 4/4 MH is the best option once you reached high stats.
    But still, the bonus sucks. Actually, no it doesn't target you most of the time. It's totally random. And most of the time, you won't see the proc of the healing because it healed a full HP member.

It should heal every nearby allies, point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Never did I say that 2/2 was better. 4/4 MH is the best option once you reached high stats.
    But still, the bonus sucks. Actually, no it doesn't target you most of the time. It's totally random. And most of the time, you won't see the proc of the healing because it healed a full HP member.

It should heal every nearby allies, point.

From my testing, I've found it to be as un-random as it gets.

If you've taken any points of damage it heals yourself, if you're full it targets the next closest injured party member and if they're out of range it does nothing.

The actual triggering depends on the Encounter you're using. Astral Shield I've found needs you to actually cast it on somebody to trigger the set bonus, which should be 80% of the time anyway, but things like Sun Burst and Daunting Light trigger it automatically.

There also appears to be ZERO built-in cooldown on it, or if there is one it's so small that it's over by the time you can physically activate another encounter.

But they've already said they're looking into it, along with Righteousness, so it should hopefully get improved to be actually useful, instead of the "A little better than stats" that it is right now.