test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I just got hacked

vahlariel3vahlariel3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok.. i just bought the founders pack and after 3 hours i played after my purchase i log out for about 30 mins and all my items gems ad potions gold everything unbound is gone from both my chars.. I submited an ingame ticked but none form cryptic even bothers to reply.. I try to use the website to solve my issue but its laggy and doesnt load.. SO what exactly am i supposed to do now? QQ? The momment i payed for founders pack i got hacked? really cryptic? And with no security email for the ip change!?
Post edited by vahlariel3 on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vahlariel3 wrote: »
    Ok.. i just bought the founders pack and after 3 hours i played after my purchase i log out for about 30 mins and all my items gems ad potions gold everything unbound is gone from both my chars.. I submited an ingame ticked but none form cryptic even bothers to reply.. I try to use the website to solve my issue but its laggy and doesnt load.. SO what exactly am i supposed to do now? QQ? The momment i payed for founders pack i got hacked? really cryptic? And with no security email for the ip change!?

You just submitted the ticket? Maybe...have some patience?
  • Options
    mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    um, no don't QQ, if you do that the terrorists win.
    remember: don't panic.
    first, check that your card info is safe (if you used a card) check statements if you have access to such online, shut it down if anything is abnormal.
    second, change any passwords that you may have in common with the email associated with the game and the game itself.
    third, take a breath and remember to not panic.
    forth, let the website load, it may take some time as you will be full of time distorting adrenalin. submit your ticket and wait.

waiting is the hard part, as there maybe a back log of things the GMs (or what ever they are called in this game) have to look at, hacking is a big deal and will be treated as such, but a human needs to see the ticket before anything happens.

good luck
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Its been like 2 hours now.. i know its early but i want to know if i ll have to ask for a refund from my bank so i could at least save my money.. also since my account is hacked my visa is also hacked.. So i just need to know what measures i need to take.. Last time i had a problem it took them 3 weeks to answer and their answer was we can do nothing about your issue.. so i am not going to wait an other 3 weeks
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mardeab83 wrote: »
    um, no don't QQ, if you do that the terrorists win.
    remember: don't panic.
    first, check that your card info is safe (if you used a card) check statements if you have access to such online, shut it down if anything is abnormal.
    second, change any passwords that you may have in common with the email associated with the game and the game itself.
    third, take a breath and remember to not panic.
    forth, let the website load, it may take some time as you will be full of time distorting adrenalin. submit your ticket and wait.

waiting is the hard part, as there maybe a back log of things the GMs (or what ever they are called in this game) have to look at, hacking is a big deal and will be treated as such, but a human needs to see the ticket before anything happens.

good luck

Thanks a lot m8 .. As i see things i will need that luck..
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Never mind. Thought better of it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Its been like 2 hours now.. i know its early but i want to know if i ll have to ask for a refund from my bank so i could at least save my money.. also since my account is hacked my visa is also hacked.. So i just need to know what measures i need to take.. Last time i had a problem it took them 3 weeks to answer and their answer was we can do nothing about your issue.. so i am not going to wait an other 3 weeks

Sadly you cannot dispute this transaction because you paid for the item and they gave it to you. It's like buying a TV and when you go outside someone robs it off you, you cannot blame the shop that sold the TV.

There is nothing you can do but wait out the 3 weeks. In that time, go change all your passwords for everything you used the same password i.e. social networking sites and email address. Do a virus scans, remove all cookies and temporary files on your browser. It's not PWE's fault, it's just unlucky that you happen to have been on a dodgy website or downloaded something that took your account information.

Best thing to do is call them, it's the fastest way to contact them.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Never mind. Thought better of it.

It's weird that not even the mods can delete their own posts, or can they?
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You just submitted the ticket? Maybe...have some patience?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sadly you cannot dispute this transaction because you paid for the item and they gave it to you. It's like buying a TV and when you go outside someone robs it off you, you cannot blame the shop that sold the TV.

There is nothing you can do but wait out the 3 weeks. In that time, go change all your passwords for everything you used the same password i.e. social networking sites and email address. Do a virus scans, remove all cookies and temporary files on your browser. It's not PWE's fault, it's just unlucky that you happen to have been on a dodgy website or downloaded something that took your account information.

Best thing to do is call them, it's the fastest way to contact them.

No you can ask a refund from paypal and get your money back..
    So how did that guy knew that i just bought the pack?
    My Pc is scanned and clean i never had that problem with all my games
    In world of warcraft if something like that happened you would have your items back in less than 30 mins..
    But this is not wow.. So i have to put up with waiting.. getting hacked.. face horrible game bugs.. pvp bots.. getting my bank account stolen.. and paying for something that i used for 3 hours and then got stolen.. Not to mention their epic email security that i didnt got!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    gorrundgorrund Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was hacked yesterday, but happened to login as the were in the act. They got most of my good stuff...not that there was a lot, though. I did a few things to gather some evidence that I submitted with the ticket. First, I went to the auction house and found all my stuff had just been posted for sale. There were the exact items amounts of stuff stolen, all on sale by the same person, all with 4 days, 23 hours, plus whatever minutes left. I took screenshots of everything I could find. Not sure if this is even needed, since it looked like they used ingame mail to mail all my stuff to themselves so easy to track...but it made me feel better.

Also, in order for that person to get into your account that would have to get authorization through Account Guard which send an auth code to your email. My hacker also somehow got into my email to get it, because the I found the emails in my trash folder. Account Guard will give you the name of the computer authorized and the IP address. Again, this may not help at all of course as IP address is pretty easy spoof.

I'm not expecting a response to my ticket anytime soon unfortunately. Please keep us updated, I would like to hear how this turns out for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gorrund wrote: »
    I was hacked yesterday, but happened to login as the were in the act. They got most of my good stuff...not that there was a lot, though. I did a few things to gather some evidence that I submitted with the ticket. First, I went to the auction house and found all my stuff had just been posted for sale. There were the exact items amounts of stuff stolen, all on sale by the same person, all with 4 days, 23 hours, plus whatever minutes left. I took screenshots of everything I could find. Not sure if this is even needed, since it looked like they used ingame mail to mail all my stuff to themselves so easy to track...but it made me feel better.

Also, in order for that person to get into your account that would have to get authorization through Account Guard which send an auth code to your email. My hacker also somehow got into my email to get it, because the I found the emails in my trash folder. Account Guard will give you the name of the computer authorized and the IP address. Again, this may not help at all of course as IP address is pretty easy spoof.

I'm not expecting a response to my ticket anytime soon unfortunately. Please keep us updated, I would like to hear how this turns out for you.

At least i am not the only one .. but still feels bad that you got the same problem..
    I checked the AH and there was only my listings not any of the stollen items...
    I checked my mail for the authorization but it wasnt there not even in the trash..
    I am realy mad about all this i played that game fair and square with no exploiting from day 1 .. I helped other people when needed.. And tried to contribute to this gaming community.. but that is the payoff..
  • Options
    gorrundgorrund Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At least i am not the only one .. but still feels bad that you got the same problem..
    I checked the AH and there was only my listings not any of the stollen items...
    I checked my mail for the authorization but it wasnt there not even in the trash..
    I am realy mad about all this i played that game fair and square with no exploiting from day 1 .. I helped other people when needed.. And tried to contribute to this gaming community.. but that is the payoff..

I know my hacker hasn't been dealt with yet cause I just saw that he was in game. At least the toon used to sell off all my stuff with was in there. He logged off as soon as I got on though. I've been playing fair and square as well, which is why there wasn't all that much for the hacker to get. The only valuable item was one mithral swivel knife that he listed for 800k on the AH so that got scooped up quick. That definitely sucks that you just bought that pack.

I'm still baffled as to how someone can get into accounts so easily. I've been running virus and malware scans constantly. There has to be something I missed.
  • Options
    techiebikertechiebiker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Virus and Malware are not always effective if they were I would not get $40.00 for removing viruses. Also if they are doing a man in the middle attack it will not be detected either. WOW has had this problem too many times. The best advice I can offer is stay away from free ware, music, and online movie sites. They can give tons of spyware and viruses to steal all kinds of personal info. Also if you have roommates keep login info away from them too.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hacked and ganked, three hours after buying stuff. This really makes people want to pay money into the game.

With the number of occurrences of this that have been posted on the forum alone, it is completely absurd to think that each one of these is an individual case which is the users fault. Seems to me like its happening enough where it is likely someone is building up a cache of goods/AD etc to sell from their third party sites. Gold farmers? Farmed from hacking the populace rather than playing the game.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013

huehuehuehue mordekaiser es #1
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They can hack me, I have like nothing good :P

Them responding to accounts hacked will probably take about a week or two since they probably have to also find where your stuff went, which they will. Also to make sure you didn't just pass on all your stuff to a friend and claim hack. Which people do as well.
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't think anything happened to your credit card info. At least you could recover some the pack's item since you can reclaim most of them. I would still notify your credit card company. Like the other guy said, change your passwords ,etc.

We can't really do much more that tell you to wait for an answer from support.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . My apologies, but we cannot offer Forum Support for Account & Billing Issues. You will need to communicate with Support or keep communicating with them.

zebular wrote: »
    Security Advisory Notice!

. . . . .There are some unscupulous user(s) PMing folks claiming to be the "spam report" feature. We will NEVER send automated PMs to users. PMs will always come from acknowledged Staff and will NEVER ask for your password. Forum violation warnings will always come from either a Community Moderator, Forum Moderator, or Community Manager. In-Game Violations will never be notified to you by Forum PM, they will only be sent to your registered email address, phone number, or home address (the latter two will most likely never be used though).

. . . . .Never enter your password or user id at any other sites other than perfectworld.com (PERFECTWORLD.COM) or gateway.playneverwinter.com (GATEWAY.PLAYNEVERWINTER.COM) - always check the spelling as there is a fraudulent site out there that when written it will look legit yet there is one letter that is not correct in the fraudulent web address. Never click links in suspicious looking emails or PMs!

. . . . .Please report all legal violations immediately. For forum violations, contact a Moderator (PM or use Post Report), for in-Game use the GM Page (H by default or the ? icon on your menu bar) and for all other forms of legal violations, contact customerservice@perfectworld.com

NO ONE AT PWE/CRYPTIC WILL EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!
    IF PWE NEEDS TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, THEY DO NOT NEED A PASSWORD!

Account Guard

. . . . . If you haven't done so yet, please go to Cryptic's Games Main Menu at https://secure.crypticstudios.com and enable Account Guard. This will give an added layer of Security to your Account, making you have to verify by email before a new computer, device, browser, or game accesses your Account, Billing Information, or Account Main Menu (the link above).

Account Stolen?

. . . . . Have you lost access to your account? Please see the support articles:
    Keeping your account secure and safe

This discussion has been closed.