test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When are Drow available for F2P Players?

unstoppixelunstoppixel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I thought it was 2 months after the start of Open Beta (aka June 30th). But now I'm wondering if it's going to be 2 months after start of "Live" and I had that wrong. Anyone know the dealio?
Post edited by unstoppixel on

Comments

• lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    The wording of the announcment was iffy.. so, yeah, it is most likely at least 60 days after live release. furthermore: it does not say that 2 months later it will be available, but merele that this is the soonest point you should excpect it. :)
  • unstoppixelunstoppixel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Main reason I haven't been playing is because I don't want to spend the time working on a character, only to start over when Drow become available. Bleh.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I thought it was 2 months after the start of Open Beta (aka June 30th). But now I'm wondering if it's going to be 2 months after start of "Live" and I had that wrong. Anyone know the dealio?

You are in for a LONG WAIT... Best make your self comfortable or come back in a few months when (They may) be available for play.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm lvling CW but when drow come out I'll probably restart.
  • mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    when Drow come out I will reroll all my toons as Drow, then again with the Moon Elves and then again with the Sun elves...
    I am sooOOo excited...
    need moor elf!
  • shapeless1979shapeless1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mardeab83 wrote: »
    when Drow come out I will reroll all my toons as Drow, then again with the Moon Elves and then again with the Sun elves...
    I am sooOOo excited...
    need moor elf!

Sounds like you're starting the National Elf Service...

*runs away*
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game should be named Menzoberranzan. Especially when we get ranger class and f2p drow race. Neverwinter's population is gonna be 90 % drow.
    edited July 2013
    90% Drow, 5% Moon Elf, 5% Sun Elf.
    working as intended
    need moor elf
  • namttinamtti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    last I knew drow was for founders only. could be wrong but doubt it.
    edited July 2013
    namtti wrote: »
    this is the truth, only if you don't know the secret to making any type of Elf in the game.

Spoiler: select Wood Elf, pick grey colour for skin, white colour for hair, you now haz a Drow.

please note: don't blame me if you get banned for using this exploit.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Menzo Drow is part of the Hero of the North. Regular non-Menzo Drow was slated 60 after launch back in closed Beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

From: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ

Although, of course, no ETA as expected
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If PWE gets off their sorry asses long enough to actually implement a F2P Drow race and a new class, any new class, before the end of 2013 I will be amazed.

Smash-and-grab cash-grab game is smash-and-grab cash-grab game.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As I recall, the initial announcement referred to 60 days after launch. Since Launch was June 20th, late August is likely the earliest you can expect to see them. This may or may not coincide with the launch of Module One and that two new Elf races.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• lithioralithiora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just want my drow... :( They're so vague about everything it's irritating..
  • extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    Spoiler: select Wood Elf, pick grey colour for skin, white colour for hair, you now haz a Drow.

please note: don't blame me if you get banned for using this exploit.

Get banned ? exploit ?

It's only a exploit if the developers didn't intend for it to happen and the player takes advantage of it to either get a unfair advantage over other players or plans on ruining the game by doing something that may make the server have to restart.

Changing the skin of a normal elf to grey when it's an option set by the devs is not a rule breaker and you still have the same racial bonuses if you tend to do so.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
    edited July 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    Get banned ? exploit ?

It's only a exploit if the developers didn't intend for it to happen and the player takes advantage of it to either get a unfair advantage over other players or plans on ruining the game by doing something that may make the server have to restart.

Changing the skin of a normal elf to grey when it's an option set by the devs is not a rule breaker and you still have the same racial bonuses if you tend to do so.

its not fun when you don't get it.
    read this http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?381161-What-this-game-needs
    come back and try again.
  • extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    Honestly. When you've been around internet forums that have people who can barely pronounce correctly and has people who think they know everything because they think they do. It's hard to tell if one is being sarcastic or just generally being an ***.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They made it look like it was going to be 60 days after launch (IE, when head start came about), but then they added 2 more months, likely so that Heroes could rub it in everyone's faces even more. Frankly, I've only played 1 game of Gauntlgrym and the Dumngeon raid for it since the game came out. I have, however, given $5 of my money to Gearbox for Krieg (during a sale on amazon), and given $5 to Marvel Heroes for Wolverine, with $5 more for Captain America during their sale.

It's not just the Drow that drove me off though. It's the frelling exploiting in every frelling dungeon. Try to do Spider Temple? People wanna exploit to get to, then kill, the Queen. So far every single frelling piece of content is half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> broken, and entire classes have bugged abilities that don't work at all. That, combined with how sharty they handled the release of Drow, has driven me off to greener pastures as I wait for their dead asses to make good on their word.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    read this http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?381161-What-this-game-needs
    come back and try again.

OMG STOP! my stomach is hurting already... this is better than makin abs.

NOTE: Collision is now following @mardeab83 xD
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
    edited July 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    Honestly. When you've been around internet forums that have people who can barely pronounce correctly and has people who think they know everything because they think they do. It's hard to tell if one is being sarcastic or just generally being an ***.
    you have been forgiven, you may continue to play this game and post on my interwebs.
    and who is "barely pronounce correctly" my name?
    mAr deee Bah, you dont say the 83 bit, PW made me put that there.
    or you can call me Steve, I like Steve more than Steven, I only get called Steven when I'm about to be told off for something.
  • kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    come back and try again.

I read it. Here's how i feel:

Altough i admire the sharp insights in the future of gaming our helpfull forum friend mardeab83 is sharing with us, i am personally deeply offended by the lack of imagination that is shown in the examples of possible elf variantions.
    For more on elves trough the ages, see: http://www.cracked.com/funny-2307-elves/

Not all elves are pinky or purply. There are many, many more and better elves.
    Let talk about REAL manly (or womanly) elves, elves like Santa's elves for instance. The future of Neverwinter holds great things, we just need to feed the developers our best ideas.

I will start off by introducing the peanutbutter and jelly elf. It;s favourite weapons are the fork and knive, it carries a belt adorned with small containers filled with assorted sandwich toppings, and its primary skill is craft Alchemy (toppings).

Im sure these and many more free to play epic elf variantions will make you forget all about drow soon enough!

*slam a mug of dwarven ale on the table*
    edited July 2013
    kilauk wrote: »
    I read it. Here's how i feel:

Altough i admire the sharp insights in the future of gaming our helpfull forum friend mardeab83 is sharing with us, i am personally deeply offended by the lack of imagination that is shown in the examples of possible elf variantions.
    For more on elves trough the ages, see: http://www.cracked.com/funny-2307-elves/

Not all elves are pinky or purply. There are many, many more and better elves.
    Let talk about REAL manly (or womanly) elves, elves like Santa's elves for instance. The future of Neverwinter holds great things, we just need to feed the developers our best ideas.

I will start off by introducing the peanutbutter and jelly elf. It;s favourite weapons are the fork and knive, it carries a belt adorned with small containers filled with assorted sandwich toppings, and its primary skill is craft Alchemy (toppings).

Im sure these and many more free to play epic elf variantions will make you forget all about drow soon enough!

*slam a mug of dwarven ale on the table*

ok first I need to say, I think I love you.

secondly; in my defense, I'm not getting paid for my work, its purely pro bono. and I would so play P&J Elf.
  • kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    ok first I need to say, I think I love you.

secondly; in my defense, I'm not getting paid for my work, its purely pro bono. and I would so play P&J Elf.

Lets get a room, and make tiny elves. Then we can leave this tread to the drow lovers and work on the future of neverwinter!
    edited July 2013
    kilauk wrote: »
    Lets get a room, and make tiny elves. Then we can leave this tread to the drow lovers and work on the future of neverwinter!
    please put a baby in me.
  • techiebikertechiebiker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    I have wondered this too. Especially since on in the playable race guide it shows drow. Not drow with an * or drow "Only for paying us $200"; it says drow. So I have figured out as a lot of us have and the answer is NEVER! Have a nice day and thanks for asking.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Game should be named Menzoberranzan. Especially when we get ranger class and f2p drow race. Neverwinter's population is gonna be 90 % drow.

Rangers, Drow, Drizzt Do'Urden characters All around us.

Good Times
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

If by "90%" you mean "100%", then yes.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You would be wrong...
    if no one else has pointed it out yet.

The menzo Drow will be exclusive to Founders. The striping on the skin or some such. Drow race(without the striping or whatever) will be available sometime after 60 days from release. Sooooo...I would expect to see Drow race on Aug 20th or later....but not sooner than that. BUT...who knows if they are counting the 60 days from Live launch or from soft launch(open beta as they called it)....I mean...the "head start" for HotN was from before the start of Open Beta(soft launch)....in which case, it would be..what day was open beta start? april something....so could be this month......

But again, since PWE/Cryptic is the lowest of the low and specialize in double-speak, it's really anybodies guess.
    edited July 2013
    Basically you have a long wait until Cryptic gets around to adding the Drow Race :(
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem