test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is my published quest??

reapercj99reapercj99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well I've been playing for a few months now, and the one feature that I truly loved was the Foundry. The ability to create my table top quest/campaign was just mind blowing, so I decided to go ahead and try it once I got access to it after hitting whatever level I needed to reach to unlock the Foundry.

So after about a week of playing I unlocked the Foundry and spent countless hours toying with it to get a starter quest done...named it "Calm Before the Undead Storm"...and published it. I have a published date(even tried to publish it again more recently) and an ID code for the quest NW-DJP9PKH72, and yet my quest is no where to be found in game on the Foundry Quest Board. I've searched one by one each tab, and still cannot find my quest. Scratching my head because there are countless trash quests up there that are horrible, and yet they seem to be publishing quest after quest. I spend weeks editing and polishing my quest and it is no where to be seen?? Even speculated that maybe I cannot run my own quest so it won't show me on the list, but even under the Foundry where you can look at plays and reviews there are 0. So what the heck is going on that my quest is no where to be found even though it says it has been successfully published? There are no unfinished tasks or anything the quest is 100% ready to play, says it has been published, but is not on the list of quests in game...not even under the For Review tab on the Foundry board.

If anyone can shed some light on the situation please do. This is very frustrating as I see countless posts about people putting quests up and being able to play them right away, or even after it says the quest has successfully been published.
Post edited by reapercj99 on

Comments

• varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand that the only way to find new quests is to search on the Best tab, by the short code. You can't search them by name until they have a certain number of plays. You didn't specifically say you had tried that, so I mention it just in case.

Are you sure it's published? I've been trying all weekend to publish my first and it keeps failing. Today it has been saying "Currently Publishing" for almost ten hours now...I do not have a good feeling about it. I have no idea how long it's supposed to take and I can't find this info anyplace. My son did a quick throwaway quest and it did publish (after failing twice). He found it by searching the Best tab, and I did too from my account. So it does work, but under exactly which conditions, I have no clue. Good luck.
  • reapercj99reapercj99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info varkhus2013. I am pretty sure it published. After choosing the publish option it pops up with the little box that says "publishing..." and I did not get a failure message or anything, but I would imagine that the short code and publish date means that it was successful? Unless you get those on failures as well? So I am still unsure what the deal is with it. The whole publishing process did not take long either; probably about 5 minutes tops. I am going to log in and see if I can find it again, and even see about publishing it again as an update to see if that makes a difference.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Are you setting this up as a Campaign? If so; Do you have an unfinished mission, that is not yet published, set to be in the Campaign? If so, remove it from the Campaign until you publish it. Placing an unpublished mission in the Campaign will make the whole Campaign disappear as it is then flagged as unfinished.

Also:

. . . . . Missions will need 5 unique plays and reviews in order to start the review process, until then, new missions are placed in the "For Review" tab, which you must first click and then accept the Terms of Service for seeing un-reviewed content before you can see them. By unique, they have to be 5 different accounts, not 5 different plays on one character or 5 different characters on one account. 5 unique accounts that each also gave a review. Until then, they will sit in the "For Review" category and only be searchable by those who have accepted the Terms of reviewing un-reviewed content.

Also:

. . . . . There is a current known bug that many missions are ONLY searchable by their short-code. If this happens to your mission, please bug report it and include your mission shortcode in the report.