test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12k GS yet still getting kicked from CN

bluestone007bluestone007 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am a 12k GS, Gaurdian Fighter. I have defeated Draco about a dozen times. Still trying to get my Ancient sword drop. But since I don't have that weapon I am still getting kicked from CN groups. Yes even the few CN groups that will take a GF to the run.

This is not just a one time occurance it happens far too often and alot more often than I actually get groups for CN. Since I dont have full Rank 7 Enchants and I'm not Rocking Plague fire or Holy Avenger enchants on my sword I hope to replace in CN, I just can't get a group.

My GS is nearly 3k above the requirement for this dungeon but the dungeon itself is so difficult that unless you are uber twinked min maxing character that has bought all the gear you need from the dungeon anyways you do not get to be a part of the endgame content of this game.

I prefer to play a game and earn my gear and put money into cosmetics like how this game origionally advertised itself as. But no it is Pay to Win. And it is really player mentally that makes it that way. But I have to say.

Dont hate the player Hate the game. The game dictates player mentality. I have done CN enough to know it is a very difficult dungeon and yes my groups lose more often than we win. But that is also because alot of the time I am bringing new players to CN because sometimes that is the only way a Fighter (either fighter type) can get a group for CN. And new players at around 10k or less GS just can't hack it in CN even though the requirement is 9.2k. ANd since I'm not a top tier 13k-14k GS GF. I'm not welcome in groups that can complete the dungeon. I don't even know if they are justified in doing so. I dont' know how much better I would perform with the uber gear. I just wish I could play a game that lets me earn it...

And thus I am leaving the game. I am familiar with cryptic titles enough to know that issues like this may never be fixed. I just hope that it could be different as I like the combat and the D&D aspect of the game. but Having to shell out fistfuls of cash so other players that hate your class in the first place might have an inkling to take you seriously is not a game I want to play.

So if possible that this could ever be fixed I would have to suggest two things. Either Rank up the GS requirement of CN to about 11-12k and allow playuers to earn that kind of gear score in T2 dungeons. Or simply make CN an easier dungeon. Especially in the area of adds and trash mobs. The main reason fighters are not welcome in CN groups is that we can't handle trash. There is too much trash to tank and we cant kill them anywhere near as fast as CW's can throw them off cliffs.

Good luck to anyone that is going to keep playing this game but I think I'm done for good now. I might look back in a few months to see if anything has changed. But I doubt it
Post edited by bluestone007 on

Comments

• Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont hate the player Hate the game.

Trust me, as a cleric player I hate this game. Its obvious they care nothing about those who play cleric. I don't blame you for leaving this game or wanting to, how it made it out of beta beats the hell out of me.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Trust me, as a cleric player I hate this game. Its obvious they care nothing about those who play cleric. I don't blame you for leaving this game or wanting to, how it made it out of beta beats the hell out of me.

A lot of us ask that same question, to which we are still waiting for a reply.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gearscore means nothing and CN aint really hard either, at least when you have a group and arent 5 totally strangers
    simple solution: get a guild
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sry man..

gear score = skill

2a8cd1b12c0bd7bb86f10bc1292184c3.gif2
    wtf-ak47b.jpg
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    12k GS on a GF is barely above the GS req as Conq, possibly even below. If they're kicking you after the group starts then it has nothing to do with your class - clearly they were willing to give a GF a chance.

And to the guy complaining about clerics, you're in the same boat. Despite all the crying, the class balance is relatively good right now, and your class is not a good excuse for being unable to find/complete CN runs.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Guardians are over powered.

Gear Score doesn't equal Skill Score.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The jump on GS in GF is overstated, its more like 2.3k (still a lot) to 2.7k (max str guardians) still, is kinda misleading to say the least, im a 13.3 GF and still have probs to find CN good groups... but perception of reality IS reality, and the truth is that really few people wants GF and even less GWFs in their CN groups, the perception is still that theyre "useless".
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    gear score = skill

gear score = money spent on AH
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am a 12k GS, Gaurdian Fighter. I have defeated Draco about a dozen times. Still trying to get my Ancient sword drop. But since I don't have that weapon I am still getting kicked from CN groups. Yes even the few CN groups that will take a GF to the run.

This is not just a one time occurance it happens far too often and alot more often than I actually get groups for CN. Since I dont have full Rank 7 Enchants and I'm not Rocking Plague fire or Holy Avenger enchants on my sword I hope to replace in CN, I just can't get a group.

My GS is nearly 3k above the requirement for this dungeon but the dungeon itself is so difficult that unless you are uber twinked min maxing character that has bought all the gear you need from the dungeon anyways you do not get to be a part of the endgame content of this game.

I prefer to play a game and earn my gear and put money into cosmetics like how this game origionally advertised itself as. But no it is Pay to Win. And it is really player mentally that makes it that way. But I have to say.

Dont hate the player Hate the game. The game dictates player mentality. I have done CN enough to know it is a very difficult dungeon and yes my groups lose more often than we win. But that is also because alot of the time I am bringing new players to CN because sometimes that is the only way a Fighter (either fighter type) can get a group for CN. And new players at around 10k or less GS just can't hack it in CN even though the requirement is 9.2k. ANd since I'm not a top tier 13k-14k GS GF. I'm not welcome in groups that can complete the dungeon. I don't even know if they are justified in doing so. I dont' know how much better I would perform with the uber gear. I just wish I could play a game that lets me earn it...

And thus I am leaving the game. I am familiar with cryptic titles enough to know that issues like this may never be fixed. I just hope that it could be different as I like the combat and the D&D aspect of the game. but Having to shell out fistfuls of cash so other players that hate your class in the first place might have an inkling to take you seriously is not a game I want to play.

So if possible that this could ever be fixed I would have to suggest two things. Either Rank up the GS requirement of CN to about 11-12k and allow playuers to earn that kind of gear score in T2 dungeons. Or simply make CN an easier dungeon. Especially in the area of adds and trash mobs. The main reason fighters are not welcome in CN groups is that we can't handle trash. There is too much trash to tank and we cant kill them anywhere near as fast as CW's can throw them off cliffs.

Good luck to anyone that is going to keep playing this game but I think I'm done for good now. I might look back in a few months to see if anything has changed. But I doubt it

So you didn't get the memo? There are only three classes that bring enough to a dungeon run. Wizard, Rogue and Cleric. You don't need any of the other two, in fact they don't bring enough utility. You are better off doubling up on the one's who do. Bring two rogues and two wizards because you get a lot of CC and add management. Sure the guardian can tank but that is all they can do, they don't provide any add control or management. The rogues can bring the dps and cc so there is no need for a gf or gwf.
  • Options
    jaeldynjaeldyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you are conq spec, divide your power by 2, that is how much gear score the spec should be giving you, andit usually is more than 2k5 gs.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »

Skil score ? I didn't know we have "skill score " in this game . On the other hand I believe the term you wanted to use was " skill cap" lol .
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont hate the player Hate the game.

Actually, I totally blame players for playing something they don't enjoy to get rewards they shouldn't care about since they "hate" something so badly.

GFs are fine in a CN run as long as you only get one (two are a pain though), and i've never kicked one before i got two last week. I also blame most GF players for being completely incompetent. Most of them run dps builds and will do everything to make my cleric job harder, which means taking a lot of damage while standing in a red zone, not popping their guard at the right time, pulling aoes toward me so that i have to move constantly, running around like a headless chicken after standing in a red zone so that i can't target them with my 8-10k HP single target heal, and so on. Many GFs give me a headache.

If people hate GFs it's because most of them are useless. It's just not the class, it's the players. Everyone thinks it's all about dps. It works pretty well in T1, might work in some T2s and totally fails in CN. So, yeah, if you have to hate someone, hate players to build a char for T1 and then taking it to CN.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    The jump on GS in GF is overstated, its more like 2.3k (still a lot) to 2.7k (max str guardians) still, is kinda misleading to say the least, im a 13.3 GF and still have probs to find CN good groups... but perception of reality IS reality, and the truth is that really few people wants GF and even less GWFs in their CN groups, the perception is still that theyre "useless".

A GF should lead in Dps in CN so why they aren't take is just dumb.

To the OP that does sound painful. I got my CN main and offhand from the AH yup never set foot in there. Why cause I mainly PvP. Just find things you do enjoy about the game and go from there. Getting stuck up on 1 thing makes it difficult cause you are setting yourself up for failure. All dungeons are broke and poorly designed and player have a bad perception on how to do them or what to take with them to do them. So just move on from the CN experience and find a good group to do it.

I sold my greater plague cause of the nerfs and well now I use a vorpal a better enchant. Use what you want to build the character you want and enjoy and do nothing else but that.
  • Options
    daiwai23daiwai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Timeless hero GF still usually gets parties. How can u complain when u have no enchants or weapon enchants?! thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your obv not as geared as other gf's.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Or simply make CN an easier dungeon. Especially in the area of adds and trash mobs. The main reason fighters are not welcome in CN groups is that we can't handle trash. There is too much trash to tank and we cant kill them anywhere near as fast as CW's can throw them off cliffs.

Huh. GF should be top damage during trash in CN unless you or your CW(s) are lazy/bad.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You sound like butthurt wow player, never once you mentioned your playstyle, all you kept mentioning is GS numbers, which mean literally nothing in this game, everyone who knows anything about BIS gear know that the lowest it is the better it is USUALLY.

What I see most GFs do is act like brave heroes pulling all mobs on them but then they are clueless what to do with it, especially on last boss, I cba to explain why you should always sync your rotation with the wiz's dailys but it seems you dont even mention that so fine.

I suggest either find a guild or roll another char that can easily get into CN like cleric/wiz.
    running publics you risk too much getting kicked at the start/mid/end of the dungeon run, not getting your precious gear.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    gear score = money spent on AH

tumblr_m43ez8ohHS1qlilguo1_500.gif
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have to admit but I loath running public Dungeons. It is far too costly having to explain to people the simple mechanics of their class. I've found two or three really good people but for the most part I recruit in guild and don't run if I can't find anyone since I know it will just be a failure. Pretty much as has been said look for a guild since that is where most of the long term players ended up.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    I have to admit but I loath running public Dungeons. It is far too costly having to explain to people the simple mechanics of their class. I've found two or three really good people but for the most part I recruit in guild and don't run if I can't find anyone since I know it will just be a failure. Pretty much as has been said look for a guild since that is where most of the long term players ended up.

My pet peeve in pugs are the people who pick delve time to try and learn t2 dungeons. I feel like a ******* saint spending 45 minutes helping a group make it to the first boss in spellplague and then the DC leaves and there is nearly an hour of my life basically wasted.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Huh. GF should be top damage during trash in CN unless you or your CW(s) are lazy/bad.

This is it exactly. Our guild routinely runs a GWF who just AOEs all the trash and leads in dps until the dracholich. The CWs also do not trail far behind in damage and control all the garbage effectively.

• Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

A tip: if you are conqueror, your real GS is 9k. The last feat gives you tons of GS but is not from your gear.
  • Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF gs is broken as hell. I had 7400 gs in all greens at level 57 on mine.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tumblr_m43ez8ohHS1qlilguo1_500.gif

dont-see-every-day-1.jpg
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    rishzoth wrote: »
    This is it exactly. Our guild routinely runs a GWF who just AOEs all the trash and leads in dps until the dracholich. The CWs also do not trail far behind in damage and control all the garbage effectively.
    I'd like to see some video of them through the dungeon showing their stats of damage dealt/taken and kills.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaYBCaJVqiw6L_fvWKKno2LRTzHe3EfbCsEAPti45MixsSNKar
    ronald-mcdonald.gif
    tumblr_lp9xs1FuDF1qdlrqwo1_1280.gif

=
    dont-see-every-day-1.jpg
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rishzoth wrote: »

If CW is somesthing builded in rene and focused only on control, picked EF on tab like many other advise on this forum, no wonder, that GWF or GF beats him in damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    =

TOMMY_LEE_NCFOM.jpg
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TOMMY_LEE_NCFOM.jpg
    tumblr_inline_mivvwzFj5h1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    pranaxpranax Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »

Guardians aren't overpowered...clearly the person who wrote this comment, and The Person who started this thread haven't a clue about the Guardian class.

A 12K GF, Conqueror specked is roughly equal to about 9.5K-10K any other class. Why? Because you have an inflated Gear Score. Why? Because ur last feat in the Conqueror tree gives you Double Power! Thereby inflating your gearscore.

Respec your Gaurdian into Tactician or Paragon, and watch your GS drop by at least 2K. So, I'm sorry, as a 12K GF Conqueror, you are nowhere near ready for Castle Never. That is why you get kicked, because you don't belong there.

I have a 12.2K GF conqueor tree, and a new buddy of mine has an 8.8K GF speced in Tactician tree. And his GF beats the hell out of mine any day in performing his role as a tank.

Learn your class before you post a cry thread. You don't belong in Castle Never, boot
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tumblr_inline_mivvwzFj5h1qz4rgp.gif

ngbbs50523306ea1e7.jpg
    Ranger.jpg