test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game is going down hill fast (Gear Issues)

13»

Comments

• Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would I say that, when I "do" know what I am talking about?

Edit: Let me say this in this way, if Perfect World was like another other MMO, usually when someone post false numbers or some kind of misleading information, the company will quickly reply or ask a moderator to shut down the thread or bann the person

OK, please name the MMO's that do this. Thanks
  • Options
    deephorizon111deephorizon111 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Wow, talk about drama. You arnt some secret whistle blower in fear of their life. You wont get banned for posting made up numbers. Heck, you wont even get banned for talking bad about the company or this topic. You will, probably get moderated. At worst you might get posts deleted. But banned?

Heck there are trolls here who have been trolling for months now, who are still not banned. So, seriously, save the drama.

The drama didn't happen until people started posting here trying to defend this game for no reason. It's like this, I want to buy a loaf of bread, but it cost 7 dollars, I complain to the retailer that's too much, the next day the prices are lowered but the loaf of bread is smaller, I complain to the retailer that this is outrageous and the retailer directs me to the company. I voice my complaints, the company says "deal with it".

That's whats happening here both the defenders and the PW, I am being slapped in the face for complaining about something that is outrageous that goes beyond reasonable gaming and many other groups that are pointing out the same problems.

If that there, is drama, then what's the point? I guess these days is instead of enjoying video games, gamers are spending more time, arguing with developers and among themselves because some one is going to "cheat" the other person out of a deal to make a greater profit. Yet we can't complain about it for being cheated.

Crazy world.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    OK, please name the MMO's that do this. Thanks
    I know this a troll post but yeah I can name alot of MMOs that don't like slander.

WoW, Guild Wars 2, Aion, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Dragon Nest, TESO, and... oh wait, just about every MMO or Online game that doesn't allow people to post "Slander" or any "Negative" Posts that might convince people that their product is junk.

Edit: Or any other Forums hosted by game sites that give reviews.
  • Options
    savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The drama didn't happen until people started posting here trying to defend this game for no reason. It's like this, I want to buy a loaf of bread, but it cost 7 dollars, I complain to the retailer that's too much, the next day the prices are lowered but the loaf of bread is smaller, I complain to the retailer that this is outrageous and the retailer directs me to the company. I voice my complaints, the company says "deal with it".

That's whats happening here both the defenders and the PW, I am being slapped in the face for complaining about something that is outrageous that goes beyond reasonable gaming and many other groups that are pointing out the same problems.

If that there, is drama, then what's the point? I guess these days is instead of enjoying video games, gamers are spending more time, arguing with developers and among themselves because some one is going to "cheat" the other person out of a deal to make a greater profit. Yet we can't complain about it for being cheated.

Crazy world.

Ummm, it's like someone giving you a free hot dog. You take a bite but don't like the hot dog. However, you keep eating the hot dog and complain to everyone else that their hot dogs suck. Then you get another hot dog and get up on a staircase in the middle of a market and start screaming that you don't like the hot dogs while eating a hot dog. Oh, and some of the people you're screaming to are really enjoying their hot dogs. But yeah, some agree with you, too.

It's like watching something on tv that's making you angry and complaining to people that you you don't like what you're watching. Just turn the ****ing tv off.

No one is making you play this game, especially at level 60.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    savrai wrote: »
    No one is making you play this game, especially at level 60.

Correct and at the state of the game, people are leaving this game out of boredom or disgust, for anyone with any common sense. Sure you will have your "die hard fans", the "I have faith/hope", and your "because my friends are playing"; however once those are milked, what's left?

I shouldn't be posting in forums about complaining the state of the game, viewing forums due to boredom of the game, or arguing with "Rich" people that seems to buy their way into the game.

No the only thing I should be doing on forums is researching and speaking to other people about class builds, but I am not, I am wasting my time complaining how broken, boring, and money grabbing this game is and... the amount of stress I have for trying to make a guild work.

The only reason I keep playing is I am waiting for fixes to come, but if the new update doesn't make things reasonable, then there is nothing here to keep me in this game is there?
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know this a troll post but yeah I can name alot of MMOs that don't like slander.

WoW, Guild Wars 2, Aion, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Dragon Nest, TESO, and... oh wait, just about every MMO or Online game that doesn't allow people to post "Slander" or any "Negative" Posts that might convince people that their product is junk.

Edit: Or any other Forums hosted by game sites that give reviews.

Well congrats. You named every MMO that I have not played. But I'm sure many here have so they will know.

Every MMO I've played people said things in the forums that were complete junk. And players call them out on it. It's the way of forums. And I've never seen one get closed due to it, unless it became ugly rather then funny. This thread is funny.

However, your rational that you can make numbers up using some sort of "complex mathematical" formula that you also made up......and then post them on the forums without any sort of proof.....only to think that you are actually correct because the thread doesn't get shut down or you don't get banned.....

Sorry. But that's some really messed up thinking there.

Sorry that you're upset, but I'll continue with my theory that your making things up to try and support your argument.
  • Options
    scottbriscottbri Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How predictable that you didn't bother to address my solutions to your imaginary dilemmas whilst continuing your negative nancy banter. Troll is troll.

Perhaps you should just uninstall NW and play something else. I'm sure there are a myriad of game makers awaiting your judgement.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Well congrats. You named every MMO that I have not played. But I'm sure many here have so they will know.

Every MMO I've played people said things in the forums that were complete junk. And players call them out on it. It's the way of forums. And I've never seen one get closed due to it, unless it became ugly rather then funny. This thread is funny.

However, your rational that you can make numbers up using some sort of "complex mathematical" formula that you also made up......and then post them on the forums without any sort of proof.....only to think that you are actually correct because the thread doesn't get shut down or you don't get banned.....

Sorry. But that's some really messed up thinking there.

Sorry that you're upset, but I'll continue with my theory that your making things up to try and support your argument.

I have played the bulk of those games he listed. I can state, factually, that within their forums were always doomsayers and crybabies saying nearly the exact thing said by the OP.

Again, he's manufacturing his data to fit his argument.
  • Options
    g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yep P2W...when I see an item that gives advantage to a player in the cash shop, it is P2W game and a none paying player is just period in a long clustered paragraph. Anyway have fun while it lasts.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me personally i base a lot of what i see here on Cryptics other games. while every thing seems great here at the moment, Cryptic only plans things on a short term basis and has a bad habit of releasing content and being done with it after the initial bug and nerf. Champions is in a terrible state at the moment due to the serious lack of content and the halfassing of the content that is there. Sto is, at the moment, horribly broken in terms of a lot of things just don't work and they aren't talking about it. For example romulans specifically are having issues with their ships giving or using proper defensive stats, the -threat consoles don't work all the time and some times give extra threat, the [BORG] weapons never really worked as stated and still don't. One of my biggest peeves is that all of the skins except one and the basic, all end very obviously at the neck, making it look terrible on any open uniform.

There is a lot more wrong with the games, but i'm cutting it there before i go into a full on rant. Needless to say after almost four years, i don't trust the company, i don't like a lot of the business practices or false truths or misadvertisements, they overcharge for every thing and only fix when they absolutely have too. The games they make are fun until they break or become nothing but a grind, and they show a lot of promise and potential, but if you're sticking around due to hope and fandom, don't. Play while it's fun, but don't wait for something thats probably not going to happen.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For me personally i base a lot of what i see here on Cryptics other games. while every thing seems great here at the moment, Cryptic only plans things on a short term basis and has a bad habit of releasing content and being done with it after the initial bug and nerf. Champions is in a terrible state at the moment due to the serious lack of content and the halfassing of the content that is there. Sto is, at the moment, horribly broken in terms of a lot of things just don't work and they aren't talking about it. For example romulans specifically are having issues with their ships giving or using proper defensive stats, the -threat consoles don't work all the time and some times give extra threat, the [BORG] weapons never really worked as stated and still don't. One of my biggest peeves is that all of the skins except one and the basic, all end very obviously at the neck, making it look terrible on any open uniform.

There is a lot more wrong with the games, but i'm cutting it there before i go into a full on rant. Needless to say after almost four years, i don't trust the company, i don't like a lot of the business practices or false truths or misadvertisements, they overcharge for every thing and only fix when they absolutely have too. The games they make are fun until they break or become nothing but a grind, and they show a lot of promise and potential, but if you're sticking around due to hope and fandom, don't. Play while it's fun, but don't wait for something thats probably not going to happen.

My plans originally for this game was to hold out hope things would be fixed Before the game went live. When I was asked to try Neverwinter out in Open Beta I thought (Sure lets give another game a try, I enjoy D&D) so I made the switch from World of Warcraft to Neverwinter.

I held out hope that once Cryptic made the announcement for when the game would go live they would work on fixing a good portion of the issues that were plaguing this game but that didn't happen as planned. With the patch that launched the game, more things were broke then fixed. The main focal point of the patch they launched with was Gauntlgrym and that didn't last too long before they took it down because of major issues.

I've tried to like the game, I really wanted to enjoy playing D&D with some my friends who also left World of Warcraft to give it a try. Sadly, they've all returned to World of Warcraft and I'm the one still here sorta holding out hope that Cryptic will make some changes and things will flow smoother then what they have.

At this point, I re-downloaded Wow and I'm about to re-activate my Subscription. After 9 years, being present for when World of Warcraft launched, dealing with all the server stability issues as well as loot lag issues, I can honestly say I had a lot of fun playing World of Warcraft and I am looking forward to going back.

I figure the best thing too do at this point, is too take a break from the Neverwinter game and pick it up in a month or two when a few things get fixed and we have a better/bigger selection of Races/Classes to chose from.

I don't disagree that Neverwinter can be a fun game, it can be. I enjoyed my little stay why it lasted and I will continue to hold out hope that this game does well. Maybe in a few months or so Cryptic will have a much smoother game for players who enjoy D&D to pick up and play.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I'm the only one tired of this "i dont have the best gear in the game so the game is unfair and will die fast"? that's all what he's saying since the first post: "there is people with ultra gear bought with real money or exploited and that does not allow me to enjoy the game, ergo game sux"

Sry dude, there will be always people with more money, more time to play, more skill or more access to cheats, its the reality, i am playing since the begining of open beta, have about 18-19 "real" days played (/played gives you the amount of time you did in game) that's a huge lot, and yet, there are guys who have twice that amount, i have full stalwart, full timeless, full knights captain set, all of those from grinding instances, i have 7s on each slot and just recently was able to get my CN weaponry which is not enhaced yet, so i need a good bunch of money to get a greater enchant, im saving ad for a greater (perfect is way out of my range), all of this while only expending money for keys, because i like to gamble, not because i needed that, i have 14k GS, and there is people who has way better gs, often PvPers by the "competitive nature" of those players, which sense of fun is "my E-peen is bigger than yours", but that doesnt make my game less enjoyable.

If you dont enjoy the game because you are not the top dog, dont play it, if you need a perfect equal gamefield to enjoy a game, play SPORTS or real competitive games, play Hold'em, play limited tournements of MTG, Play starcraft, there you have games where the only variable is skill, there is nothing else in the long run, no one can buy better equip, no one can cheat, no one can destroy your fun by playing more or expending more money... but if you play an MMO where people can expend money to speed things up and get better stuff SOONER, there will be always people with more money!

Ok, leaving the calling you out aside... we are already informed of what you think its wrong, can you please inspire us, poor mortals, of how do you would fix the problems? what kind of solutions are you willing to share and offer for the comunity (and probably the devs) to improve your gaming experience? can you add anything apart of "game sux and i will stop breathing till they fix it"?

I may add that I know many people (from my friendlist and guild) who quitted the game after getting a full T2 set in a week and CN drops the week after for some of them. Without exploits. The fact is that it's currently way too easy to get the BiS gear, the droprates are insanely high. In many games, the developers have to make a balance between frustration and enjoyment, just to keep the players in game. Once they reach their purpose they have nothing else to do and will likely quit the game. Here, i felt very little frustration. All i'm doing now is farming ADs to buy gems and playing pvp, even if increasing my gear score is really pointless. I know it since i've tested a linked spirit build, and guess what, there is NO difference between 3k and 5k recovery, and the difference between 3.5k and 6k power isn't worth the effort. At some point (and this point is around full T1 sets with drake weapons) it's a matter of gaming skill and build. Even if it's cool to have prestige gear just to be a peacock with your shiny CN weapon.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I'm the only one tired of this "i dont have the best gear in the game so the game is unfair and will die fast"? that's all what he's saying since the first post: "there is people with ultra gear bought with real money or exploited and that does not allow me to enjoy the game, ergo game sux"

Sry dude, there will be always people with more money, more time to play, more skill or more access to cheats, its the reality, i am playing since the begining of open beta, have about 18-19 "real" days played (/played gives you the amount of time you did in game) that's a huge lot, and yet, there are guys who have twice that amount, i have full stalwart, full timeless, full knights captain set, all of those from grinding instances, i have 7s on each slot and just recently was able to get my CN weaponry which is not enhaced yet, so i need a good bunch of money to get a greater enchant, im saving ad for a greater (perfect is way out of my range), all of this while only expending money for keys, because i like to gamble, not because i needed that, i have 14k GS, and there is people who has way better gs, often PvPers by the "competitive nature" of those players, which sense of fun is "my E-peen is bigger than yours", but that doesnt make my game less enjoyable.

If you dont enjoy the game because you are not the top dog, dont play it, if you need a perfect equal gamefield to enjoy a game, play SPORTS or real competitive games, play Hold'em, play limited tournements of MTG, Play starcraft, there you have games where the only variable is skill, there is nothing else in the long run, no one can buy better equip, no one can cheat, no one can destroy your fun by playing more or expending more money... but if you play an MMO where people can expend money to speed things up and get better stuff SOONER, there will be always people with more money!

Ok, leaving the calling you out aside... we are already informed of what you think its wrong, can you please inspire us, poor mortals, of how do you would fix the problems? what kind of solutions are you willing to share and offer for the comunity (and probably the devs) to improve your gaming experience? can you add anything apart of "game sux and i will stop breathing till they fix it"?
    I agree roughly with the above statement. Only I think that trying to become better or best is slightly like sports and I do like sports.

Well I have not payed anything for this game. I had lots of real life preventing to me to play this game much during Open Beta. I am max level right now and after playing World of Warcraft for years I can tell the power progression in Neverwinter is pretty fast compared to WOW.

Yes people have real life and lots of stuff however for me it is not important to be first out there as long as I can still progress and progress goes very fine in Neverwinter.

Real life can be a tough monster to beat look at this funny video:):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrN3Rh55uM

Anyway yes I can understand mentality enjoy the ride slowly. While my main enjoys good endgame my second character I level up very slowly since I play with a casual friend. How you enjoy this game playing casually or more often like hardcore is not that important since at the end of day progression is good and neither has my casual friend ever complained about this game.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I may add that I know many people (from my friendlist and guild) who quitted the game after getting a full T2 set in a week and CN drops the week after for some of them. Without exploits. The fact is that it's currently way too easy to get the BiS gear, the droprates are insanely high. In many games, the developers have to make a balance between frustration and enjoyment, just to keep the players in game. Once they reach their purpose they have nothing else to do and will likely quit the game. Here, i felt very little frustration. All i'm doing now is farming ADs to buy gems and playing pvp, even if increasing my gear score is really pointless. I know it since i've tested a linked spirit build, and guess what, there is NO difference between 3k and 5k recovery, and the difference between 3.5k and 6k power isn't worth the effort. At some point (and this point is around full T1 sets with drake weapons) it's a matter of gaming skill and build. Even if it's cool to have prestige gear just to be a peacock with your shiny CN weapon.
    Typical extreme powerlevel speed. It took like almost 2 months for me to get max level and I am not a casual player. I enjoy slow levelling and low level PvP and crafting.

Once I get to max level I am adapt at getting better gear. You can struggle all you want to get really fast maxed. I will get best gear though at more slow speed however sooner or later expansion comes and I bet at that point all your precious gear is not so good anymore and it starts again:).

With earned AD I have bought ZEN and with ZEN I bought 2 more character slots. When they release a new class sooner or later my bet it will be Ranger and then I will roll my third character. Endgame is good however it is only part of the game to me and not the start.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Yours are fair critiques.
    I have only played Champions, briefly, when it launched. I cannot speak to Cryptic's overall performance with their games.

I can, however, speak to the fun of this game. I enjoy it, for what it is. I am hopeful that bugs will be addressed, new paragon paths opened, added classes and new content added. If it isn't I will just uninstall and play something else. :)