test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMORPG.com's Best MMOs of 2013 So Far

2»

Comments

• heavysighheavysigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Agree! I think this is a step up from the regular D&D online game.
  • delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The top 7 games on that list are:

7: A totally dysfunctional game that "looks pretty".

6: A game with a combat system that rivals top tier DDR songs.

5. A game with pretty much no content at end game with an unnecessarily complex, yet still entirely shallow skill system (and anyone who wants to succeed in PvP uses one of 2 builds!).

4. A game that had a budget bigger than most prime time movie productions, but still failed to garner support and went free-2-play within months of release. Oh, and they are so popular that despite being free to play, the entire oceanic server base is being merged into USA servers as of last week. Grats oceanics.

3. Well, we all know the problems with Neverwinter.

2. Hey, finally, a good game in this list!

1. GW2, which was OK, kind of, in its own right. Of course, the WvWvW system was an abject failure, but that was only its touted system, right?

Then, of course, it fails to include by far the most popular western MMO, which had an expansion release within the last 6 months that has more players playing it than any other two games on that list combined.

Totally a legit list, yo!
  • enchants11enchants11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree'd! This is one game I WILL put money into, not only for myself but to show appreciation for this wonderful MMO. Over 12 years of experience, and this is my favorite.
    My Class is Bard ... "The clash of blades, a note/A battle fought, a verse/The hero's war, a song."
  • we7reaverwe7reaver Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far i like the game, and i like it a lot. Your items looks very, very cool at your character, gameplay is amazing, quest is not so stupid, like quest in other MMORPG for example. Graphics its not like some other mmorpg which have cartoon network graphics.
    Dont know if its best MMORPG for 2013, but for sure its a very, very solid and nice game, and i expect to play it a lot.
    Good Job to the cr8.
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Neverwinter is one of MMORPG.com's "Best MMOs of 2013" so far! http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7421/The-Best-MMOs-of-2013-So-Far.html

Whooo, I was telling everyone NeverWinter online will be a definite competitor for the MMORPG of 2013 :D, not sure why Guildwar's is their as it was released in 2012 and riddled with performance issues.. anyhow lol great work guys!!
  • twitchedtwitched Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They obviously never tried using the Foundry, if they did it wouldn't even make the top 100 MMOs of this week.

All he Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Neverwinter is one of MMORPG.com's "Best MMOs of 2013" so far! http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7421/The-Best-MMOs-of-2013-So-Far.html

Battlerock writes:
    Skullagrim is right on the money up there.
    Wow is still number one GW2 easily number 2
    The rest falls into place with Neverwinter dead last.
    I think this year is goijg to hurt Gw2 and wow though with eso and wildstar coming.
    I know wow is braced for impact i just really hope it doesnt hurt gw2 that much. Even though i hate gw2 pve i have loads of fun in spvp.
    5/17/13 8:47:38 AM
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    The top 7 games on that list are:

7: A totally dysfunctional game that "looks pretty".

6: A game with a combat system that rivals top tier DDR songs.

5. A game with pretty much no content at end game with an unnecessarily complex, yet still entirely shallow skill system (and anyone who wants to succeed in PvP uses one of 2 builds!).

4. A game that had a budget bigger than most prime time movie productions, but still failed to garner support and went free-2-play within months of release. Oh, and they are so popular that despite being free to play, the entire oceanic server base is being merged into USA servers as of last week. Grats oceanics.

3. Well, we all know the problems with Neverwinter.

2. Hey, finally, a good game in this list!

1. GW2, which was OK, kind of, in its own right. Of course, the WvWvW system was an abject failure, but that was only its touted system, right?

Then, of course, it fails to include by far the most popular western MMO, which had an expansion release within the last 6 months that has more players playing it than any other two games on that list combined.

Totally a legit list, yo!

This 100x's
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As I read through these posts, I find myself flip flopping back and forth with posters... Ooh that's a good point... But then again, Ooh! That's a good point!! One thing I've tried to do with this game (as an Original, Gary Gygax AD&D, Dragon Magazine subscribing, countless hours at a table with blood-shot eyes kind of guy) is try to take Neverwinter at face value. A hybrid mix of Dungeon Siege meets Diablo, meets MMO with an injection of DnD back-ground. If you try to look at this game as a purist.. You will probably hate it, JUST on the purist ideologies of what DnD is. If you come into this game with no real concept or limited exposure to DnD, then you may have certain expectations that aren't what they seem to be. But if you take it at face value and accept it for what it is as a whole (removing obvious bugs, and other issues... those purple chests, I'll bite my tongue on that 1...) Then this game can be a very good diversion and a nice time passer. Time will tell if it has what it takes to make the long haul and keep the hard core gamers with the end game content.
  • azgalsoldierazgalsoldier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    intrinsc wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 had major exploits in its first weeks of commercial launch and you'd have a hard time finding any current GW2 players who aren't wholesomely satisfied with their game.

GW2 did not reach expectations with shoddy lore & graphics that catered to homosexuals, women & children.

The WvW was an absolute gear grind, horribly imbalanced and with shoddy Frame Rates.

The SPVP system was great, but their were to few maps.

GW2 WvW was a copy and paste of warhammer online 1.4.0 & without collision detection it didn't work.

The initial sales were incredible but there are many complaints about low populated servers.

The gear design was horrible & The game was far too bright for many players.

The only thing that I liked about the Game was the SPvP.

They also talked of no holy trinity - that does exist in GW2 - There are only 2 differences:

1) Anybody can res
    2) Tanks do not have guard abilities.

You still have a dedicated healer class , dps, rdps & tank and anybody who has reached max level knows that this is a very true statement.

Coming from warhammer online GW2 felt like a copy and paste, even the questing system was similar to Public quests in warhammer...I do believe that GW2 is a better game then warhammer as it stands...Warhammer became a joke after the first year of release.

But still - 90% of warhammer players went to GW2 as the game was familier.

I believe that neverwinter is a brilliant example of cookie cutter mmorpg minus the tab targeting.

They used what has always worked with the foundry as the differentiation. - Incredible concept - A year after launch it will have more content then any other mmorpg in the world.

How can you go wrong with Dungeons & Dragons Dark comical lore?

Loving this game, almost as good as first 6 months of WHO before EA pulled the plug in favor of their mobile & FTP titles.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IGN Rating - 6.8.

Metacritic - 7.5
    Metacritic Users - 6.3

In my opinion:

The very good:

- Environment design and graphics.
    - The combat in this game is extremly fun, and responsive; best I've seen in any MMOG.
    - The foundry system is awesome, although still limited in some aspects.
    - Even if the mechanics are loosely based on D&D 4e, that's enough to make them very good.

The not so good (bad):
    - Everything else (including the fact that it got released too early with too many bugs, june 20th should have been the open beta release day).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I've been having fun with Neverwinter for some months now... then again... I'm no longer a hardcore, daily, player. Enjoy the ride... the end isn't the end-all-be-all.
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather recommend looking into a dictionary, pal.

congratulations, you noticed a typo. Please congratulate yourself for your intelligence. You get a + 1 in my book. Really. Though you lose 1 point for actually posting that stupidity, lose another point for being stupid. Be mean, and I will be mean back.
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    That review of NW shows how clueless the guy is about the game.

Horrible review. Just sad. People keep thinking Foundry is this big deal. I mean seriously, who does Foundry? I beg people to do foundry but no one will.

20 minutes? Unless he is talking about dungeon exploits where you just kill the last boss (which they fixed finally after like 3 tries and 6 weeks) what can you do in 20 minutes? PvP? Seriously what can you do in 20 minutes?
  • migfiremigfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's cute how people don't understand that the rankings on those kinds of lists are determined by the highest bidder, not quality of game.

tldr wow doesn't need to pay for publicity so you wont see it on any top 10,20,100 lists. Even though it's been #1 for a decade.
  • jackalofdeathjackalofdeath Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow is a stale grind id never want to get back to
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow is a stale grind id never want to get back to
    Lol WOW >>>> GW2....

Neverwinter is best game.. You see Neverwinter and WOW people play endgame so they no not have time to vote what game is best.

I and my friend can play Neverwinter however GW2 PvP WvWvW need super CPU and we can not play that. The only good thing in GW2 is PvP.

You know I like endgame and I also like that people in PvP do NOT have same items lol as it should be! Really GW2 PvE suck maybe I will try PvP WvWvW one day when I buy a new super play computer however PvE in GW2 is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with no endgame.

Ok WOW is maybe to hardcore however Neverwinter has ok endgame I like it and it is FREE to play and WOW cost 12.50 euro/month. I like PvP and Dungeons and Skirmish. Foundry has not been so good however sooner or later someone well make really good adventure like 5 stars and not like find this key to open the door that zzzzz make me sleep. Of course I also enjoy other then endgame I have another character with that I play with my friend who very slooooowly get levels.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is #1 IMHO.
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter, I'll keep it short and sweet.

A fun enjoyable free game, that rewards play! Lovin' It! Thanks Cryptic, and Perfect World!
  • kootskoots Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter - Why are there two fighter classes?
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    koots wrote: »
    Neverwinter - Why are there two fighter classes?
    Neverwinter agree on that. Two fighter classes since it is easy to make and yet they do fill different roles...
    I have not played either fighter class yet when I met in PvP Great weapon fighter is dangerous offensively while Guardian fighter is more hard to kill and have interrupts. Yeah I want new classes and I have wished that in the Fury of the Feywild Dev Blog thread.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rapha3st wrote: »
    What a joke with all the exploits going on.

And the beat goes on..
    - behold, halflings.
  • throughwallthroughwall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Im glad though.
    Sunshine - Trickster Rogue
    Gladiator - Control Wizard
    Death - Great Weapon Fighter
    High Priestess - Devoted Cleric
  • angelkreatorangelkreator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    best MMO:
    1.WoW (8 years and still goes on... 9 millions players)
    2.Aion (4.0 patch comes on August 2 new classes about half a million players in EU)
    3.Tera-NNW they are "newborn" time will show...
  • yeppersyeppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't find a single good thing to say about this game soo the best of 2013 soo far is a stretch. BUUUT i play this game anyway
  • tswericreedtswericreed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The best MMO of 2013 isn't NW...Sorry guys,

For those who believe in WoW being the best MMO...news for you, 12 million to 9 million in one year is set back..
    FFXIV is going be big for those who can afford the sub
    and I believe right now the best of 2013 has been p2p for two years and now has F2P model, which is Rift.

The best MMO of 2013 is Rift...It's Also F2P, with very limited restrictions and it's doesn't do a P2W model. I'm Level 49 in NW and have 12g where in rift after a month I'm level 47 with 94plat.

Wow is good for crazy ppl who want to provide Blizzard
    FFXiV same as WoW with ppl provide square-enix.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me correct the title a bit, NWO is the most promising mmo of 2013 till now, what makes it the most disapointing so far because of STUPID customer policies, for quiting content and fun from the game with every bloody patch and not doing anything to resolve bots and abuse in foundries.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    go play Path of Exile