test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Watch the players start to leave now ...

124»

Comments

• Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea, the truth hurts...
    I just received an email for a survey from cryptic for assessing the website?, that's not the problem, the game is, that much has been made painfully obvious from the exploits, the boss mechanics (adds, adds, adds, adds .... adds, adds, adds .... adds, adds, adds .... o boss, adds, adds, adds .. seriously -> the boss should *always* be more powerful than the adds, boss=big guy that generates fear and the challenge of taking them down, not the freakin adds) ... and then there are the countless other bugs -> classes broken, feats broken, armour sets broken, and then....
    We have stuff like fixes to stop bots that literally kill players just trying to get better gear - re. farming of enchants and the like -> o wait we should be DD, cos that's where they all are apparantly, but lets see .. DD .. adds adds adds, adds adds adds, adds ADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAA....... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Understand now cryptic?
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bananamann wrote: »
    Oh no! The free game that has been out for less than 3 months doesn't have a huge amount of content at level cap. I've been playing for a month consistently, actually exploring the world and turning off the pixie trail. Happily at level 46 here. Expecting to hit level cap around the release of module 1. Will probably raise level cap right around the time I tire of current end-game content.
    ...wait...3 months and only level 46??

Playing an hour every other day or something?
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's been in alpha/beta for a while. It recently launched "gold," yes.

For many of us however, there's just not much to do until the expansions...which is why some of us (or at least I) will leave soon and perhaps check out the expansion(s) when they are released (assuming nothing else has grabbed my attention by then).

But I think this is a bad design. You don't want players taking leaves of absence like that IMO...it allows them to wander off and find other games of interest that soak up revenue that you, as a designer...should want in your pocket.

Leveling a toon from 1-60 takes NO time at all in NW. The casual gamer can do it in 1-2 weeks, max. And once there...then what? The epic dungeons? Sure, I guess...but then you'll be finally faced with the problems that everyone else is complaining about. PVP? I guess...but then just do it for fun because there's nothing to use glory for after you get your pvp set.

It just drops off after 60 (for me at least...mileage may vary).

YOu forgot the <edited> will never say die thou. I for one am waiting to see what gets improved. The exploits that was a good start but come on 3 months or more to fix known exploits. And then when they add new content they never test it first that just pisses people off. So even when this modual gets released it will take another 3 or more months to get that fixed also
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elthiruil wrote: »
    Yea, the truth hurts...
    I just received an email for a survey from cryptic for assessing the website?, that's not the problem, the game is, that much has been made painfully obvious from the exploits, the boss mechanics (adds, adds, adds, adds .... adds, adds, adds .... adds, adds, adds .... o boss, adds, adds, adds .. seriously -> the boss should *always* be more powerful than the adds, boss=big guy that generates fear and the challenge of taking them down, not the freakin adds) ... and then there are the countless other bugs -> classes broken, feats broken, armour sets broken, and then....
    We have stuff like fixes to stop bots that literally kill players just trying to get better gear - re. farming of enchants and the like -> o wait we should be DD, cos that's where they all are apparantly, but lets see .. DD .. adds adds adds, adds adds adds, adds ADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAA....... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Understand now cryptic?

They only listen to the very few <edited> i guess. Who think nothing is wrong with the game at all. And they keep pumping cash into the zen store.
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Interrestingly I feel the same. I have a cleric at 60, a mage (nearly at 50) I could bring to 60 in an evening so near it is from there, a TR at above 40 a day or two away from 60. GF and GWF don't interest me. neither do raiding. So now I am waiting for the 6th class ;).
    Mine are:

Cleric: 60
    Wizard: 60
    Rogue: 60
    Great Fighter: 60
    GWF: 40

All the 60's are in full PVP gear, rest of gear either epics or a couple blues.

My Great Weapon Fighter is level 40...and it is difficult to stay motivated to level him. He's just not that fun IMO.

You may be surprised at the GF though. It's hella fun in pvp. I win more in pvp with a GF than I do with any of my other characters. I just use it to harrass the hell out of the opponent's side cap. They are forced to send 2-3 at a minimum to peel me off of it...which allows the 4 on my team to control the other two (making for an easy win).

Also, GF is fun in pve...does good dmg. However, I do not play a conventional GF role...I use the dps build for it, which is just a lot of fun. Try it, you may actually enjoy it.

But again, now that I'm 60 with 4/5 classes and the last class at 40 and I really have to motivate myself to play it...the game is just put on hold for me for the time being. It's just boring to me.

I LOVED it leveling up with my other classes...but now that I'm there...bleh...just NOTHING to do in game any more.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    nimbusloki wrote: »
    Ok .... so with the recent fixes we can clearly see that cryptic making money from zen is more important then fixing the classes they have broken (ie. more important then the players) ... to put an almost 1 gig patch through without fixing any of the broken classes in the game is quite simply disgusting.

Of course, this game is created by company, not by a charity.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, there's no reason for flaming or name calling in here. If you disagree with a post, please do not attack the poster by name callling ("fanboi", "white knight", "doomsayer", etc.) but attack the substance of the post in constructive and rational discussion.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    It's a never ending pattern. People say I'm quitting. Others reply "Cya, we don't need people like you". Soon enough you'll have nobody left to say cya to cuz the game will be a wasteland.

Not because no one will be left, just no one will be making a dumb I quit post, because they think they are so important to the game others will follow? Pffts. We'll just be stuck with those who love the game at that point.

I only ever seen one MMORPG ever fail, FFXIV was that MMO. And yet still had people sticking to play it while they fixed it so these kinds of threads are kinda pointless. Should just be labeled I'm frustrated! Here's why.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    btw I never said I was quitting, just venting a little frustration, I'm sure that there are many who feel the same, so I've just been playing less (and playing mwomercs quite a bit - its good fun). I have noticed a distinct reduction in the amount of players I see in game as compared to when open beta first started, obviously some people quit or no longer find the game for them, however even amongst those that stayed there seems to be less. If Cryptic can start in earnest too addressing alot of the concerns of players instead of pumping out fluff (sure I understand its a business, however...) updates that don't fix alot of the gameplay issues (except exploits - well done there .. mostly) then it would go a long way into making the game more enjoyable and playable, therefore possibly winning back dis-enchanted players and gaining new players. The ball really is in their court, they just have to start listening (and stop dismissing).
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I love fluff. It's the fluff that's going to keep me playing.
    Burn through the content, then wait for new content.
    That's the way MMOs work.
    Some will burn through faster than others.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xermell wrote: »
    Of course, this game is created by company, not by a charity.

Would you think it smart if they kept buffing the zen store, grabbing for more money, while the game goes downhill? Players leaving more and more, but they keep pushing for every dollar they can get. Or, and be careful because this might blow your mind, they make a good game, concentrate on fixing the bugs and exploits, add content for replay value, and address the CS issue NOW.

The game wasn't created by a charity, but they will be panhandling soon if they don't pay attention.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    I have already quit the game because I am a GWF player, I'm lurking around the boards hoping that Cryptic might actually announce an intention to fix the class. And make it a viable class to bring to Castle Never. I see alot of people complaing that all you get to do in this game is farm CN and do PvP. Well the GWF can't even farm CN because a large group of players refuse to group with a GWF for that dungeon and all it takes is once Cleric or CW leaving the group to destroy your party and ruin any chances you have on going.

The GWF is fixed, well improved lol with a bug, and quite powerful if you know how to use them without cheating.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It will take all of the players yelling at them before they will do anything we want, sadly.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The game is slowly dieing it wont die fast it will slowly kill itself off.

The new Mod coming out will bring back people. BUt if its anything like we have seen in the past as how badly anything gets released they all will leave and bring more people with them.

They need to make the foundry better so we can make our own content with end bosses and mechanics for the enviroment to make the endbosses fun and not boss attack adds repeat like we got so far. Give us the tools the community will make this game better.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    It will take all of the players yelling at them before they will do anything we want, sadly.

With less people playing the game the yelling isnt loud anymore.
  • Options
    aksjomataksjomat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »

GG rewards are worth it for 2 types of people:

1. People that actually want the set bonus, for their build. As an example here, the rogue set suits perm stealth TRs fantastically.
    2. People that didn't grind out t2/CN. Yes, I know you may find this hard to believe, but some people do not have CN weapons/off hand to this day!

Yah, 1,5h event and at the end one person gets Brawlers Belt of Gut from T2 boss. Defintly worth my time.
    As for set bonuses ok, many people want them sure, but try to find a cleric for the dungeons. Clerics don;t play GG becouse who the hell would like armor pen and life steal as a DC ? This set is just terrible. And PvP part of the event favors DPS classes. I never seen cleric even close to 10th place in table.