test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watch the players start to leave now ...

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Most of the time, the predictions are correct, too.

Well i've played some MMOs before, and the doomsayers are often wrong. People often think they are the navel of the world, and that something sucks if they don't like it/enjoy it as it is.

"I don't like bread. Now, all farmers producing crop are doomed!" :rolleyes:
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nimbusloki wrote: »
    Ok .... so with the recent fixes we can clearly see that cryptic making money from zen is more important then fixing the classes they have broken (ie. more important then the players) ... to put an almost 1 gig patch through without fixing any of the broken classes in the game is quite simply disgusting.

The new GG content is broken is quite frankly one of the worst pieces of content I have ever seen in any MMO and quite frankly a huge waste of time as the rewards are less then sub par.

End game in this game is the Auction house ... The end game content is to trashy and the bosses unimaginative ... Crypics answer for difficulty seems to be "add more mobs to the boss fight" rather then thinking of some really good/tricky mechanics.

CN end bosses drop 1 item .... so 5 people spend like 45 mins in mind numbing trash filled mob swarming instances to come out of it with maybe 1 item ... or nothing (you don't even make gold raiding in this game 1-7 copper per drop).

I would love for someone to explain to me what end game guilds are meant to do in this game besides play the same 2 pvp maps over and over again and farm the auction house and run the same CN instance over and over and over again, because no one I know will ever be queuing for GG ever again (it truly is the worst content I have ever seen patched into an MMO and the rewards in no way make up for the time spent).

you should consider either fixing the classes properly or putting in some new content with some new rewards ... as the game is getting stale really quickly for fully geared end game guilds.

ps. you need to fix people leaving pvp im am sick of full teams leaving after they get crushed for the first 2 minutes and us having to sit around for 8 minutes to even get glory ... which is 90% of the PVP games our guild plays. ...

TL;DR

Moar like watch the players start to leave WoW... ....

... *keanu reeves dodges a bullets*... .....
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All right, I've had to take a great axe to this thread but I'm going to leave it open....for now.

But if the flaming and trolling doesn't stop, I won't hesitate to lock it.

Consider yourselves duly warned.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All right, I've had to take a great axe to this thread but I'm going to leave it open....for now.

But if the flaming and trolling doesn't stop, I won't hesitate to lock it.

Consider yourselves duly warned.

Thanks. It's why I tried to avoid it.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nimbusloki wrote: »
    Ok .... so with the recent fixes we can clearly see that cryptic making money from zen is more important then fixing the classes they have broken (ie. more important then the players) ... to put an almost 1 gig patch through without fixing any of the broken classes in the game is quite simply disgusting.

The new GG content is broken is quite frankly one of the worst pieces of content I have ever seen in any MMO and quite frankly a huge waste of time as the rewards are less then sub par.

End game in this game is the Auction house ... The end game content is to trashy and the bosses unimaginative ... Crypics answer for difficulty seems to be "add more mobs to the boss fight" rather then thinking of some really good/tricky mechanics.

CN end bosses drop 1 item .... so 5 people spend like 45 mins in mind numbing trash filled mob swarming instances to come out of it with maybe 1 item ... or nothing (you don't even make gold raiding in this game 1-7 copper per drop).

I would love for someone to explain to me what end game guilds are meant to do in this game besides play the same 2 pvp maps over and over again and farm the auction house and run the same CN instance over and over and over again, because no one I know will ever be queuing for GG ever again (it truly is the worst content I have ever seen patched into an MMO and the rewards in no way make up for the time spent).

you should consider either fixing the classes properly or putting in some new content with some new rewards ... as the game is getting stale really quickly for fully geared end game guilds.

ps. you need to fix people leaving pvp im am sick of full teams leaving after they get crushed for the first 2 minutes and us having to sit around for 8 minutes to even get glory ... which is 90% of the PVP games our guild plays. ...

I can agree with op from what ive seen. I ask u though, since you dont seem to like the game in a lot of ways why not offer constructive ffeedback or at least some suggestion as to possible solutions. That way maybe u can get the things u want as cryptic can not read your mind. My biggwst complaint personally is the lack of classes, specificly warlock and swordmage. The overall game i like though, specificly the combat mechanics. I feel this game like most just needs time, since the core gameplay elements are solid. Sucks waiting though.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chidy1776 wrote: »
    I can agree with op from what ive seen. I ask u though, since you dont seem to like the game in a lot of ways why not offer constructive ffeedback or at least some suggestion as to possible solutions. That way maybe u can get the things u want as cryptic can not read your mind

You're kidding, right? Even game-breaking bugs from closed beta, or currently from the current preview server are roudly ignored and go live. If something as concrete as "doing X causes Y to happen, when Z is correct behaviour" is not clear enough, windy suggestions will have precious little traction :)
  • terrek41terrek41 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well lewstelamon01 what do you expect of us players. The game client is broken for quite a few people that they can't even log in without having to search for a resolution by other players, instead of admin / coders. I had to find a forum thread and got my solution off another player. I still have this problem on a daily basis. Everytime I want to log in,.. I have to go to my regedit and delete that one key entry just so the client will make it through the cryptic loading screen.

There's no fix for this, nothing permanent anyhow.

Nearly all the classes are broken now in live, moreso than they were in beta. Every patch released since the game went live, has created a great many more problems within the actual game and the client itself, than any patch beta released.

Some of us put money into this game. I myself have spent 300 bucks on zen so far, and I am not spending another dime, because each and every single character I have in my character selection screen is broken in one way or another, that its practically unplayable. So yes, people are going to leave, because the quality of the coders reflect so badly on this game with bugs that they create, that they break more stuff unrelated to anything they actually try to fix. Do you see this and understand our viewpoints now?

We are upset because this game, which is supposed to be good, is being ruined by the coders and it looks to us like nothing is actually being done to address the major class issues that will KEEP the players here. The game just keeps getting more broken, with every patch that has been released.

There is a test realm is there not? Why does it seem like it is not being used for testing at all?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terrek41 wrote: »
    Well lewstelamon01 what do you expect of us players. The game client is broken for quite a few people that they can't even log in without having to search for a resolution by other players, instead of admin / coders. I had to find a forum thread and got my solution off another player. I still have this problem on a daily basis. Everytime I want to log in,.. I have to go to my regedit and delete that one key entry just so the client will make it through the cryptic loading screen.

There's no fix for this, nothing permanent anyhow.

Nearly all the classes are broken now in live, moreso than they were in beta. Every patch released since the game went live, has created a great many more problems within the actual game and the client itself, than any patch beta released.

Some of us put money into this game. I myself have spent 300 bucks on zen so far, and I am not spending another dime, because each and every single character I have in my character selection screen is broken in one way or another, that its practically unplayable. So yes, people are going to leave, because the quality of the coders reflect so badly on this game with bugs that they create, that they break more stuff unrelated to anything they actually try to fix. Do you see this and understand our viewpoints now?

We are upset because this game, which is supposed to be good, is being ruined by the coders and it looks to us like nothing is actually being done to address the major class issues that will KEEP the players here. The game just keeps getting more broken, with every patch that has been released.

There is a test realm is there not? Why does it seem like it is not being used for testing at all?

That's all fine and good. I was actually referring to the flamers and trolls in this thread. Constructive feedback, even if it's "why isn't this fixed?" is okay.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    terrek41 wrote: »

There is, and bugs reported on there make it onto live untouched. Moreover, some of the bugs are so obvious and easy to reproduce, with no special circumstances and configs that they never should have made it past QA, and onto the test server in the first place. Consider the new mechanics intended to prevent progress before minibosses are killed (which I totally support, BTW). Apparently carrying out little or no testing that bosses currently in the game still work as a result... well, that's special.

(I can sometimes feel a little more forgiving with obscure or hard to reproduce bugs, but this one's a doozy)
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    Since I like playing the AH and the professions, as well as leveling up new chrs and other such things, outside of the lack of a ranger-type class, I'm still pretty happy with the game overall. Altho, I don't like the constant boss-adds "strategy" much either. :)

But I can completely understand for those that want more multiplayer/dungeon/PvP etc. end content, how it's kinda lacking at the moment...from what I read and what some friends say ... and who knows if or when such might be added. :/ It would be nice if they gave a better indication of their future plans, like "every four months we're hoping to push a new PVP dungeon" or whatever. (if they have mentioned such, apologies, I just haven't noticed yet).

There is a current and often abused bug with tr's atm. You can jump and use an at-will, and keep firing that way while constantly moving, never having to stop. Also they have the best ranged in the game, and neve have to be in melee. is closest thing to ranger class they have. stealth + ranged with their massive at-will broken damage atm, will win you tons of kills at level 60.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    There is a current and often abused bug with tr's atm. You can jump and use an at-will, and keep firing that way while constantly moving, never having to stop. Also they have the best ranged in the game, and neve have to be in melee. is closest thing to ranger class they have. stealth + ranged with their massive at-will broken damage atm, will win you tons of kills at level 60.

You have no clue what you are talking about. No they do NOT have the best range in game. You don't get endless daggers to throw. The cool down is very long on them. And yes you DO have to go melee because all your powers have extremely long cool downs.

So before you actually talk about the rogue, why not actually learn something about it rather than repeat a bunch of nonsense that isn't even true?
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Or, someone could try to outline why they like other games, and hope things similar get added to this one by devs; DDOs grouping tools, for example.
    Problem here is that every single time anyone does that, they are told to GTFO, more or less.

Actually, I think you get moderated for talking about other mmo's. I'll probably get moderated for talking about getting moderated.

I guess we could say "There was a game with player housing, you know the one. It was sci-fi based." etc.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I enjoy killing what you call "trash mobs", because i like the combat mechanics in this game. If all you want is a 30s instance where you can loot a chest at the end... Well, this should be an awesome game! I suggest you try to sell your idea to existing MMO companies, or, better, try to create your own and develop this awesome, fun, long-lasting and entertaining game!

If you can't focus on one thing for 45 mins in your life then your life must be quite sad.

That would be nice if the trash didn't drop unidentified items that cost 125 ad to i.d. The coin drop is sad, the loot blows up and is annoying to collect to make the coins to buy potions and injury kits, that you need because of the sad amount of adds on the bosses.

Yeah, the combat is extremely fun and engaging. But, using those abilities gets boring after so many times without reward. It's more of a chore to run dungeons right now, with no possibility of very rare drops, crafting asset drops, weak coin drops and add infested boss fights.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited June 2013
    yes. yes your at-will ranged IS endless. As a person with a tr I garauntee you can keep doing endless ranged attacks. cooldown is instant on at wills (keep in mind, im not talking about encounters, which you can use also) I mentioned at-wills specifically. You know, the things without cooldowns?
    Has this gotten past your stupidity yet?
    Don't be mean to me, and I wont be mean to you
    krumple01 wrote: »
    You have no clue what you are talking about. No they do NOT have the best range in game. You don't get endless daggers to throw. The cool down is very long on them. And yes you DO have to go melee because all your powers have extremely long cool downs.

So before you actually talk about the rogue, why not actually learn something about it rather than repeat a bunch of nonsense that isn't even true?
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually the At Will Range for Rogue IS limited. You have 12 shots, with each shot having a 3 second cool down. You cannot just endlessly fire them off. Even with a high Recovery it never goes down below 3.
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    It's a never ending pattern. People say I'm quitting. Others reply "Cya, we don't need people like you". Soon enough you'll have nobody left to say cya to cuz the game will be a wasteland.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That would be nice if the trash didn't drop unidentified items that cost 125 ad to i.d.

This is why you shouldn't be picking up every green that drops. Especially after you've bought a purple set; why would you ever need a green then? Stop picking them up = less AD spent and less trash in your inventory.
    edited June 2013
    you are not limited to one at will ranged. you do also have ranged encounters to mix with them. I just had my tr on, for 3 minutes straight nothing but ranged. level 60, uneq'd but green (glass cannon mind you power and crit mostly). hidden hitting 2-4k with feats to boost + hide.
    edited June 2013
    sorry, and purple pvp weapon :P his only purple
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Well i've played some MMOs before, and the doomsayers are often wrong. People often think they are the navel of the world, and that something sucks if they don't like it/enjoy it as it is.

"I don't like bread. Now, all farmers producing crop are doomed!" :rolleyes:

Ah, yes, crop. Crop is my absolute favourite.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    It's a never ending pattern. People say I'm quitting. Others reply "Cya, we don't need people like you". Soon enough you'll have nobody left to say cya to cuz the game will be a wasteland.

Ummm yeah.... I'm waiting for all those other games they said we're going to be wastelands to actually become wastelands....I mean so far they haven't been right about a single one.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »

Are those the same quitters that quit, yet continually come to the forums to berate the game (that they've supposedly quit)?

And that go "I'm leaving to go to <game x>"
    Where game x either...
    -won't be out for another year.
    or
    -has been out for over a year already.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ummm yeah.... I'm waiting for all those other games they said we're going to be wastelands to actually become wastelands....I mean so far they haven't been right about a single one.

Actually, they've been right about several. AoC, Matrix Online, APB, Guild Wars 2, Warhammer Online all became wastelands rather quickly. Doom was called in some cases during beta testing, like it was in THIS game, and sure enough, less than 4 months later either shut down or so low-pop as to be giant and empty.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Only two... APB and SWTOR so far that I've really seen become a wasteland. SWTOR doesn't feel like it anymore if you're playing because they've consolidated servers. Server transfers on rails with losing your names/legacies is a royal PITA. APB simply got the plug pulled before it released under a new dev/publisher.
    malkavier wrote: »
    AoC, Matrix Online, APB, .. Warhammer Online

Yup.
    Guild Wars 2

No, not at all. Not sure what server you were on, but my Tarnished Coast is going strong.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried a few, and they were...ghost towns.

My guild, for instance, in this game, was at one point ready to start a second branch guild to hold all of the members we had. This is no longer the case - many of them, including MANY HotN Founders, have left for games like Rift because of the patches here breaking their classes, their gear, etc. The big one being them waiting far too long to fix dungeon exploits. The economy is simply ruined beyond all repair.

Yes, we had filled an entire 600 slots and had overflow. We are now down to 423 and most of those are alts. Core players online at any time hover around 25-30 now, when during Closed and Open Beta we were averaging 150+ or more during the day and 300+ during prime time.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    It would be nice if the doomsayers would preemptively fulfill their own prophecy, so that these kinds of threads wouldn't pop up with such regularity. Be the first to prove yourself right by beating your own prediction!

I mean, why are there so MANY quitting threads right?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm here to stay for the long haul! But, I'll not be spending any more money. This game is not worth more than the $10 I spent on it.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    I tried a few, and they were...ghost towns.

My guild, for instance, in this game, was at one point ready to start a second branch guild to hold all of the members we had. This is no longer the case - many of them, including MANY HotN Founders, have left for games like Rift because of the patches here breaking their classes, their gear, etc. The big one being them waiting far too long to fix dungeon exploits. The economy is simply ruined beyond all repair.

Yes, we had filled an entire 600 slots and had overflow. We are now down to 423 and most of those are alts. Core players online at any time hover around 25-30 now, when during Closed and Open Beta we were averaging 150+ or more during the day and 300+ during prime time.

You're lucky your guild still has 25-30 people on at any given time. I was in 2 enormous guilds that both died. Both had capped members last month. Both are now completely dead. Thousands of players have quit this game in just the 2 guilds I've been in. It's simply amazing how this game went from being a huge hit to being a huge <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all within 2 months.
  • ungoodungood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    You're lucky your guild still has 25-30 people on at any given time. I was in 2 enormous guilds that both died. Both had capped members last month. Both are now completely dead. Thousands of players have quit this game in just the 2 guilds I've been in. It's simply amazing how this game went from being a huge hit to being a huge <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all within 2 months.

To be fair, most games have a growth spike at their start and then equally fast decline, till they drop down to a "stable point"

Because this game is F2P, there is also a very high turn over in players who are just in it to "try it out" not really worth doom calling at this point in the games development, I would say, with a title like this, we need to give it at least a few months of live time before we can get any real feeling of where the population level is really at. imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    D&D Home Page - What Class Are You?
  • nimbuslokinimbusloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    It's simply amazing how this game went from being a huge hit to being a huge <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all within 2 months.

It's because the Devs aren't listening to players and are concentrating on making money instead ... it will be the down fall of any MMO who does the same thing.

Players are how you make money and when you constantly don't listen to them thats when a game dies .. this is what is happening right now ... they are concentrating on the Zen market and not on the classes, feats or players ... which is pretty obvious in the patch notes.

There are clear lists of broken feats and abilities posted everywhere on these forums they chose to ignore them, which kinda defeats the purpose of even having a Beta when players are telling you the game is broken and you still release it.

I like the game and want people to keep playing ... but the devs refuse to listen to the community ... they just flat out refuse ... so it will be gg if they don't do something soon.