test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For all those that say there's no end game

kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How many of you skipped the end game by purchasing your gear off the auction?

No further comment.
Post edited by kobrakai2 on

Comments

• wewillfailurewewillfailure Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i did, but farmed it like 6 times again. so yeah there is no endgame left besides getting rank 9 enchants / hunting for skins.... so where is it?
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @OP

I skipped it because of boredom, not for gear and lore.

I killed the Vansi Bloodscar at 16'ish levels... i simply dont want to do again.

If they ever remove the current epic dungeons and add NEW t2/t1 dungeons, people will never skip it again.

There is nothing to lose if you skip t1/t2 dungeons. There is only one endgame content... thats Castle Never. Also its bugged like hell.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get a load of this guy. He thinks grinding long, boring dungeons full of trash mobs and trash items and fighting uninspired bosses who lack any actual mechanic aside from summoning tons of adds is what end game is supposed to be. Look at him and laugh.

I have no regrets buying a cheap set of decent purples off the AH to make farming and foundry runs a little bit quicker and easier. I'll wait for an end game that's actually fun to play.
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i did, but farmed it like 6 times again. so yeah there is no endgame left besides getting rank 9 enchants / hunting for skins.... so where is it?

So you have a full T2 set, ancient weapon/offhand set, ancient rings/neck/belt, purple socketed pants/shirt, and an augment pet (cat/stone) with the same level of gear?

And if so, how much of this did you farm yourself, and how much did you buy?

I'm not saying that you didn't farm all this, Just curious!
    edited June 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    Get a load of this guy. He thinks grinding long, boring dungeons full of trash mobs and trash items and fighting uninspired bosses who lack any actual mechanic aside from summoning tons of adds is what end game is supposed to be. Look at him and laugh.

I have no regrets buying a cheap set of decent purples off the AH to make farming and foundry runs a little bit quicker and easier. I'll wait for an end game that's actually fun to play.

That is your opinion. I actually enjoy the dungeons and boss mechanics.
  • silivrenasilivrena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well unless your into PVP you have to buy a basic epic set to even get into dungeons unless you want to be kicked instantly...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is an endgame, the forum. It's fun, and the bosses are more varied and interesting.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    There is an endgame, the forum. It's fun, and the bosses are more varied and interesting.

+1

There are different people with different goals.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    That is your opinion. I actually enjoy the dungeons and boss mechanics.

and the OP is your opinion not fact princess. Definitions of end game vary though you are in the minority
  • roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone here considered the Foundry? I log in to find something new every day :)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    Get a load of this guy. He thinks grinding long, boring dungeons full of trash mobs and trash items and fighting uninspired bosses who lack any actual mechanic aside from summoning tons of adds is what end game is supposed to be.

Sounds like most of the MMOs I've played - welcome to endgame, please run these dungeons (5 man/10 man/20 man) over & over until your eyes bleed, in search for 1. teh l33t purplz, and 2. currency to buy other l33t purplz.
  • toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    except other mmo's have unique dungeons, not copies of ones you did while leveling up, and interesting and unique boss mechanics, and not hordes of trash mobs during a boss fight and one dimensional aoe's
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    one dimensional aoe's

If it's one dimensional, it's not area of effect, merely length.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

LOL.
    /tenchar
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited June 2013

The application of it, not the area covered.

The aoe's in this game are the simplest form, you stand in the circle or cone you get hit, you get out, you dont
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not that hard to understand what the OP is saying. Its a catch 22 situation.

Endgame in fantasy MMOs is literally the repetitive grind they are complaining about. If PW/Cryptic puts this into NW people complain about the grind. If they dont, people complain about "no endgame".

The irony will be more apparent when this game has much more of an "endgame" but people still acquire their gear in a much easier fashion, and the SAME people complain about no endgame or boring endgame.
  • hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Once you killed every boss more than 3 times it starts to be "well farmed". I'd even prefer to kill once/twice then move on to next. Thing is, there is nothing to move on next.
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013

You can't beat the forums. The bosses will delete your posts, lock / move your thread, and ban you if you damage them at all.

Other than that, the forums are filled with lots of trolls to kill. Still no end game though.
  • arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will try to be short and polite here...

If you ever played just a couple of other MMO's like EQ, WoW, Rift etc... then you'd realize how boring these boss fights are in Neverwinter. As someone stated in this thread, besides summoning thousands of adds and a couple of red AE here and there, what else is there to consider it is end-game fight ?

This game is nothing but boredom and the biggest MONEY SUCKER.
    edited June 2013
    even tera, who got the most **** for having absolutely no endgame had way more interesting combat mechanics that this

first boss fane had a dog that rolled around and tail whipped and literally acted like a dog jumping around ****ing people up, and a priest that would come down every 90 seconds and apply a debuff that would instantly kill party members unless you immuned through it or destroyed a pillar 3 seconds before the priest would touch the floor, and you only had 4 pillars to work with before a full party wipe

second boss was a crab that spun around and jumped straight up, jumped at the tank, and walked sideways into the dps, took ages to learn how the boss moved, and that wasnt even the worst part. there were 4 drills on each side of the wall and one side would spin for 10~ seconds then impale the whole room, and the only way to avoid it was to hide behind the boss. the boss would constantly move and jump straight up in the air so your party would wipe, and the only way to survive the drills was to stun the boss as the drills were spinning and hide behind the boss so he got hit instead of your party.

thats only the second boss in the easiest level cap dungeon

there's nothing even close to that in NW

inb4 "Why dont you just play tera," the answer to that is i was maxed out when i quit
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No further comment.

And who's fault is that? Right, cryptic's fault; because they only care about their wallet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    It's hilarious how the OP is trying to blame Neverwinter's lack of end game content on the AH.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    roguish98 wrote: »
    Has anyone here considered the Foundry? I log in to find something new every day :)

On this forum? Absolutely not. Not matter how amazing/exciting/immersive/interesting/compelling a foundry mission may be, if reading is required and there are no uber loot drops, then most people on this forum are uninterested.

I just turned 60 as a CW. Bought all my T1 gear on the auction house because with green/blue lvl 60 gear, epic dungeons and foundry missions would be extremely difficult and more likely to result in failure. My worst gameplay experiences are with players who care more about loot than gameplay. My best experiences are in solo foundry missions or when in a friendly party, and we just barely beat the boss.

I have no shame in buying gear from the auction house. Running the same dungeon 5-10x to get one item seems silly to me. People should be playing dungeons only if they enjoy them. Loot is simply an added bonus.

Traditional D&D dungeons are filled with low/medium/high level enemies in both small and large numbers. If you don't enjoy killing mobs, then it seems Neverwinter is the wrong game for you.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hellorco wrote: »
    Once you killed every boss more than 3 times it starts to be "well farmed". I'd even prefer to kill once/twice then move on to next. Thing is, there is nothing to move on next.

Lol the game has been released for 8 days and already you need new content. They have already announced new content for august I believe, which is very fast IMO. I know people will say "No game has been out since April!!" but the point of Beta is to get content ready for release not add content.

If you are playing this game 40 hours a week then sorry, you are definitely going to run out of content on every game you ever play.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No further comment.

TL;DR

You could probably just find someone with a save file from the point of the game where you stopped playing. Pretty sure you will be able to finish it without having to start over. No need to be upset.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter's end game is posting on teh forums isn't it?
    edited June 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol the game has been released for 8 days and already you need new content. They have already announced new content for august I believe, which is very fast IMO. I know people will say "No game has been out since April!!" but the point of Beta is to get content ready for release not add content.

If you are playing this game 40 hours a week then sorry, you are definitely going to run out of content on every game you ever play.

this game has been out in its current state for months lol
  • hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

First of all I obviously don't have so much time. Second, it takes 3 days at best to do the entire levelling experience which is awesome, but ... very limited. Did I have to just logout to "save" the experience when I had time to play? I didn't know there was no endgame at all. I thought the game was just up to dungeons because ON RELEASE there would have been a big new instance with mass fights. Ye, a bugged one which I already outgear having done T2 delves.

I also played the game in beta as a beta tester, trying out things that didn't work and trying to figure out what was working or not, and when you pay to do what beta testers do, it doesn't really feel like beta.

I am happy for you that have maybe 3-4 hours a week, because you'll have a month of enjoyment at least. After a week I was doing the same things I'm doing today, 1 and a half month after I joined. Foundry is nice and it's the most interesting feature of this game, but this is advertised as an MMO and you have some expectations for those claims, while foundry is great for those who play solo or want to build quests.

And fyi, most of the MMOs last much much longer even playing 24/7. You may not have played many, but "no end-game" means that once you get to level 60 the game ENDS. And you get to level 60 in a heartbeat. There are even people who asked to slow down the experience, and aren't really hardcore.

I surely spent more time on the forum and dummies trying to report broken mechanics, I hope there will be something to do for both people who like a solo-game and those who, like me, prefer challenging group content.

I am not really asking for much more content, I'm asking for end-game which is a different thing. Something to do for progress after level 60. It may end up this is a limited-MMo, kind of a single player game with a huge chat.
    But I like the gameplay and I hope I can continue to play it with interesting and diverse fight mechanics. And if the community had the right tools devs don't even need to build new content, players would do much more and much better.
    edited June 2013
    I got to level 60 about a week after open beta started. For the past couple of months I have played almost every single day, usually for at least 5 hours. I only have one character, a level 60 CW with 11,660 gear score, a cat, and almost BIS gear (just need the ancient rings and reinforced gloves).

The content I am playing post level 60 consists of:

- A few games of PVP for the daily, a few more if I feel like it.
    - Professions, crafting, invocation, playing the auction house.
    - Running dungeon delves (usually for 2 hours as I do a preclear first).
    - Running castle never in-between dungeon delves.
    - Farming nodes for gems/enahants/gold.
    - Running pirates for seals (I sell gear on AH) and shards.
    - Occasional foundary missions (although I'm not much of a fan for these).
    - And more recently, running gauntlgrym.

Now that I have almost BIS gear my next focus will be to save for:

- Heavy Twilight inferno.
    - x5 Greater bags of holding.
    - Purple profession assets.
    - Fashion gear.
    - Higher level enchants.

There's just so much that I'm doing at end game right now, so I felt the need to share it.

EDIT: And I've only played 1/5 classes so far!
  • ravendireravendire Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm playing a GF. When I rolled this character I figured I would be a meat shield, tanking massive dragons and other hideous monsters. When I reached 60 I found it quite clear that PWE has no plans on letting tanks actually tank bosses. No, instead we have to kite around tons of adds. It's boring, no boss is unique...it's just dodge the red circle and pick up adds. I've only been 60 for two days and I've already got enough GS to do T2 content...the problem is I don't even want to do any dungeon's because they are all the same. I bought this gear on the AH mainly, haven't had a single piece from a boss yet. I honestly do not see the point in playing anymore.

If I continue to play I have 2 options:

PvP - Yeah right, one of the worst MMO's I have ever played for PvP. It is extremely unbalanced and generally not fun to play. You have created one type of PvP game and that's domination, running from point to point isn't exactly fun. Other people may enjoy this but to me it is mind numbing.

PvE - Continue running dungeon's so I can gear up enough to move onto the harder dungeons were I will be doing the exact same bosse's just with different names and appearances.

I think I'll call it quits, complete waste of time playing this game as it is.