test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Watch the players start to leave now ...

nimbuslokinimbusloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok .... so with the recent fixes we can clearly see that cryptic making money from zen is more important then fixing the classes they have broken (ie. more important then the players) ... to put an almost 1 gig patch through without fixing any of the broken classes in the game is quite simply disgusting.

The new GG content is broken is quite frankly one of the worst pieces of content I have ever seen in any MMO and quite frankly a huge waste of time as the rewards are less then sub par.

End game in this game is the Auction house ... The end game content is to trashy and the bosses unimaginative ... Crypics answer for difficulty seems to be "add more mobs to the boss fight" rather then thinking of some really good/tricky mechanics.

CN end bosses drop 1 item .... so 5 people spend like 45 mins in mind numbing trash filled mob swarming instances to come out of it with maybe 1 item ... or nothing (you don't even make gold raiding in this game 1-7 copper per drop).

I would love for someone to explain to me what end game guilds are meant to do in this game besides play the same 2 pvp maps over and over again and farm the auction house and run the same CN instance over and over and over again, because no one I know will ever be queuing for GG ever again (it truly is the worst content I have ever seen patched into an MMO and the rewards in no way make up for the time spent).

you should consider either fixing the classes properly or putting in some new content with some new rewards ... as the game is getting stale really quickly for fully geared end game guilds.

ps. you need to fix people leaving pvp im am sick of full teams leaving after they get crushed for the first 2 minutes and us having to sit around for 8 minutes to even get glory ... which is 90% of the PVP games our guild plays. ...
Post edited by nimbusloki on

Comments

• Options
    epicmfepicmf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nimbusloki wrote: »
    Ok .... so with the recent fixes we can clearly see that cryptic making money from zen is more important then fixing the classes they have broken (ie. more important then the players) ... to put an almost 1 gig patch through without fixing any of the broken classes in the game is quite simply disgusting.

The new GG content is broken is quite frankly one of the worst pieces of content I have ever seen in any MMO and quite frankly a huge waste of time as the rewards are less then sub par.

End game in this game is the Auction house ... The end game content is to trashy and the bosses unimaginative ... Crypics answer for difficulty seems to be "add more mobs to the boss fight" rather then thinking of some really good/tricky mechanics.

CN end bosses drop 1 item .... so 5 people spend like 45 mins in mind numbing trash filled mob swarming instances to come out of it with maybe 1 item ... or nothing (you don't even make gold raiding in this game 1-7 copper per drop).

I would love for someone to explain to me what end game guilds are meant to do in this game besides play the same 2 pvp maps over and over again and farm the auction house and run the same CN instance over and over and over again, because no one I know will ever be queuing for GG ever again (it truly is the worst content I have ever seen patched into an MMO and the rewards in no way make up for the time spent).

you should consider either fixing the classes properly or putting in some new content with some new rewards ... as the game is getting stale really quickly for fully geared end game guilds.

ps. you need to fix people leaving pvp im am sick of full teams leaving after they get crushed for the first 2 minutes and us having to sit around for 8 minutes to even get glory ... which is 90% of the PVP games our guild plays. ...
    Please dont ask for fixes because fixes = maintainance= more bugs = good bye forever....
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since I like playing the AH and the professions, as well as leveling up new chrs and other such things, outside of the lack of a ranger-type class, I'm still pretty happy with the game overall. Altho, I don't like the constant boss-adds "strategy" much either. :)

But I can completely understand for those that want more multiplayer/dungeon/PvP etc. end content, how it's kinda lacking at the moment...from what I read and what some friends say ... and who knows if or when such might be added. :/ It would be nice if they gave a better indication of their future plans, like "every four months we're hoping to push a new PVP dungeon" or whatever. (if they have mentioned such, apologies, I just haven't noticed yet).
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    -snip-

Quite the self-centered individual aren't ya?

GG rewards are worth it for 2 types of people:

1. People that actually want the set bonus, for their build. As an example here, the rogue set suits perm stealth TRs fantastically.
    2. People that didn't grind out t2/CN. Yes, I know you may find this hard to believe, but some people do not have CN weapons/off hand to this day!

I"m fairly certain that class fixes are pretty high on teh priority list now that the dungeons you exploited to do 45 min CN runs are supposedly fixed. Perhaps if the community didn't adopt the norm of exploiting content to the fullest extent, class fixes would have been a higher priority. You complain about no end game, when really a big part of lack of content in the end game was how easy it is to acquire the end game gear by exploiting or simply visiting the AH to acquire your gear from the massive supply caused by 20 min spider runs, 45 min CN runs etc.

I dont really see how the patch really shows that Cryptic is more concerned about selling Zen than the health of the game, but I will agree to disagree with you on this one.

As far as people leaving pvp, a simple solution to people leaving matches when a premade is pub stomping woudl be to give the option to concede the match. People are leaving because it's extremely boring to play a premade since the fights are so lopsided.
  • Options
    nimbuslokinimbusloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Quite the self-centered individual aren't ya?

GG rewards are worth it for 2 types of people:

1. People that actually want the set bonus, for their build. As an example here, the rogue set suits perm stealth TRs fantastically.
    2. People that didn't grind out t2/CN. Yes, I know you may find this hard to believe, but some people do not have CN weapons/off hand to this day!

I"m fairly certain that class fixes are pretty high on teh priority list now that the dungeons you exploited to do 45 min CN runs are supposedly fixed. Perhaps if the community didn't adopt the norm of exploiting content to the fullest extent, class fixes would have been a higher priority. You complain about no end game, when really a big part of lack of content in the end game was how easy it is to acquire the end game gear by exploiting or simply visiting the AH to acquire your gear from the massive supply caused by 20 min spider runs, 45 min CN runs etc.

I dont really see how the patch really shows that Cryptic is more concerned about selling Zen than the health of the game, but I will agree to disagree with you on this one.

As far as people leaving pvp, a simple solution to people leaving matches when a premade is pub stomping woudl be to give the option to concede the match. People are leaving because it's extremely boring to play a premade since the fights are so lopsided.

a 45 min CN run is the proper way ... not exploiting ... if you take longer then that ... Im sorry you're just bad
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice if the doomsayers would preemptively fulfill their own prophecy, so that these kinds of threads wouldn't pop up with such regularity. Be the first to prove yourself right by beating your own prediction!
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea how many, if anybody, is leaving NW. But I know I personally will in about 1 week I think. I agree for the most part, with the op.

I have 4 level 60's and I'm working on my 5th and last atm. I don't do dungeons, I level up with questing (which I enjoy) and do pvp (which I also enjoy when it is working - ala no bots and no leavers). I re-roll a new class because there is ZERO end game content outside of the same dungeons over and over again.

So...while I wouldn't make any predictions about the player base (as I simply do not have sufficient knowledge about the matter) leaving, as a supporter of this game (played for 2-3 months and spent $100 or so on it)...I'm now at a point where there's just nothing to do. As far as I'm concerned...I've "beaten" NW. I've never played an MMO where I've felt that way...it's odd. I'll chalk it up to it being new and still in development...and it does have potential (else I'd not have spent as much money as I have on it), and I'll check out the expansion when it arrives...but it is indeed, in dire need of serious design and content help.
  • Options
    tubular16tubular16 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't this game just come out? If so im sure there will be tons more content coming.
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tubular16 wrote: »
    Didn't this game just come out? If so im sure there will be tons more content coming.
    It's been in alpha/beta for a while. It recently launched "gold," yes.

For many of us however, there's just not much to do until the expansions...which is why some of us (or at least I) will leave soon and perhaps check out the expansion(s) when they are released (assuming nothing else has grabbed my attention by then).

But I think this is a bad design. You don't want players taking leaves of absence like that IMO...it allows them to wander off and find other games of interest that soak up revenue that you, as a designer...should want in your pocket.

Leveling a toon from 1-60 takes NO time at all in NW. The casual gamer can do it in 1-2 weeks, max. And once there...then what? The epic dungeons? Sure, I guess...but then you'll be finally faced with the problems that everyone else is complaining about. PVP? I guess...but then just do it for fun because there's nothing to use glory for after you get your pvp set.

It just drops off after 60 (for me at least...mileage may vary).
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Holy crow, there apokalupsis, those are the most well reasoned and whine free leaving posts I've seen on the forum.

As you say, there isn't much to do now endgame. That combined with the game being so quick... and linear... to level through will likely cause some players to leave. They would do well to not only lengthen but broaden the experiences the game has to offer if they wish to maintain the appeal of it for the long haul.
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a 45 min CN run is the proper way ... not exploiting ... if you take longer then that ... Im sorry you're just bad

So if someone is joking around with friends during the run and doesn't speed pull and throw mobs off edges they are bad? If they don't use the exploits to kill the bosses and actually fights them they are bad?

Again you are just showing just how self absorbed you are and trying to show off an epeen in a non competitive MMO. So sad for you
  • Options
    ungoodungood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kelleton wrote: »

So if someone is joking around with friends during the run and doesn't speed pull and throw mobs off edges they are bad? If they don't use the exploits to kill the bosses and actually fights them they are bad?

To answer your question:

It's pretty clear that is not what he saying at all. He's saying "You're just bad" if you can't do it in 45 min legitimately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    D&D Home Page - What Class Are You?
  • Options
    grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    going on vacation next week - no computer access. trying real hard to figure a reason to log in once I get back. why do i need 2 60s that just sit around praying and - well up until today protecting caravans so i can afford to swap the gems in my armor. EQ2 is looking better than this last round of fixes. Why
  • Options
    awesomehealawesomeheal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have any skill this game just got good. Im a 12k Cleric. Now without these wall glitches the good players will prosper. Did two CN runs today first day after patch. Easily done in under an hour if done right. Stop complaining and go back to WoW where zero skill is needed.
  • Options
    nexus7000nexus7000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the exact same experience as I had with The Secret World as someone posted earlier we have beaten Neverwinter, nothing more to do. FFXIV in the morning comes at the perfect time as I can't even interact with npc's in Neverwinter anymore it's not a case of leaving rather than being forced to go.
  • Options
    kelventarkelventar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deleted . . . .

Nothing to see here . . . Move along.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dunno why there has to be only one "proper" way.
    I found GG to be a ton of fun. More fun than Pirate King. I haven't played CN - and don't really want to deal with elite players to get there.
    I'd much rather gear up from GG.
    If you don't like GG, don't play it. No one is forcing you to play stuff you don't like.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alot of valid and understandable points, but in my experience knowing alot of ppl who have left the game completely , and very recently ( my guild a month ago had over 600 members, with always at least 50 to 100 online, these past 2 weeks we are down to around 200 members with , if were lucky 20 to 25 online ), most have actually gave there reasoning for leaving, quitting etc down to they being totally fed up of all the bugs and problems that need fixing and have needed fixing for over a month, with every new patch we are supposedly getting fix's, but what we always have got is even more bugs and broken stuff, that is what most people are fed up of, added to that the usual total lack of news or updates of any proposed fix's, most until it is way too late.

All we have actually ever received from PW was a 'free' respec token, which was the least they could do at the time, BUT what actual use is it ? i know i have not used mine, tbh it seems totally pointless, when most classes have multiple feats that dont work as intended, or even dont work at all, even most 4 set tier bonuses dont work, so how the hell you supposed to even think about a respec when half your classes ability's are broke or dont work as intended lol

My point is i see most people here are wanting more content, but imo, in reality that is just asking for more bugs, surly the biggest step forward PW can do is fix what is already out there live first before even thinking about introducing even more content, with its no doubt inevitable huge batch of even more bugs and broken stuff
    Everytime there is patch to introduce something new or change something it brings with it even more broken content and bugs.

I loved this game in beta, it had so much potential to be a great game, but in all honesty since live launch it as just gone from bad to worse and getting worse each day and patch that passes, imo most people are leaving daily because the game is getting more broken every day.
    i understand the comments about the exploits and i agree, but whos fault is it they got exploited so much, why was'nt hings fixed asap, or even looked into, i'm sorry but the way i see it, PW had a great game on there hands in beta which could have gone a long way, but they are actualy ruining it themselves. it is not the players fault, most people play the game for different reasons, and if some want to try and find 'short cuts' then that will happen, but the developers should be looking for this and using it to make the game better, BUT no they just let everybody just get on with it , without a care in the world, and now its all coming to a head and people are leaving, which to me , is there fault, and a shame as they are spoiling what could have been a great game
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Holy crow, there apokalupsis, those are the most well reasoned and whine free leaving posts I've seen on the forum.
    Being old does that I guess. ;) Although, I have "complained" about a number of issues in NW (which can be found from my profile link)...so I'm no "saint" with regards to complaints. I just try to use a bit of proper reasoning and provide justification for my conculsions is all.
    As you say, there isn't much to do now endgame. That combined with the game being so quick... and linear... to level through will likely cause some players to leave. They would do well to not only lengthen but broaden the experiences the game has to offer if they wish to maintain the appeal of it for the long haul.
    Agreed. NW has just 1 area for window of leveling. It's the same old stuff, over and over again when leveling...and it's only one area. Games like WoW and GW2 on the other hand, have multiple areas that players can choose to level at the level windows (1-10, 11-16, 17-22, etc...)...which adds a lot of variety and quite a bit of replay value for those who enjoy multi-tooning.

NW...just doesn't. The only thing I am really starting to dislike is the level design in each area. It's very linear, as you said. There is no open world leveling like WoW or GW2...it's all done through very narrow passages. You may be outside, but you are incredibly restricted in where you can go. This is the first MMO that I've played that I've felt so restricted. I hope this changes in the future, but because it's so rampant in NW, I'm skeptical that it will...it seems to be a part of the design philosophy.
  • Options
    garvaldgarvald Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game will be a wasteland in short order. I pity those who dropped money into this.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kelleton wrote: »

Again you are just showing just how self absorbed you are and trying to show off an epeen in a non competitive MMO. So sad for you

You are trying really hard here, when there is no need to.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    agree Garvald.
    more so those who paid out for the 'exclusive' pre live launch founders pack, not exacly cheap, and even more so you can still buy it !! after launch, but now its name as changed and you dont get the 'founder' tittle gee wizz, but all the pack contents are exactly the same
    Nice job PWE and realy 'exclusive' lol , it would'nt suprise me if that does not come close to breaking some trading standards laws somewere along the line. and i feel very sorry for every person who paid out for it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have been pvping all morning ... we have had maybe one game out of 30 that didn't end after 1-2 mins as the entire other team just leaves, and if you want glory you have to sit there and wait to win ... if all 5 players of the other team leave it should give you a win and stop the game immediately ... because how the hell can you loose 5v0
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    I only check out updates. Sometimes I will sell stuff in town or craft but that has gotten boring too. There's not much to do in this game. Very disappointed with this game. It had great potential.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have already quit the game because I am a GWF player, I'm lurking around the boards hoping that Cryptic might actually announce an intention to fix the class. And make it a viable class to bring to Castle Never. I see alot of people complaing that all you get to do in this game is farm CN and do PvP. Well the GWF can't even farm CN because a large group of players refuse to group with a GWF for that dungeon and all it takes is once Cleric or CW leaving the group to destroy your party and ruin any chances you have on going.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    today was bout the last straw for me, especialy after logging into the preview shard last night for Guantlgrym only to find i could not move , or do anything because i had no key binds at all, and could not even reset them, had to ctrl+alt+del to get out of the game.

i logged this morning to farm a few skill nodes ( for my own use) and do my proffs, off i went, for 15 mins, went back to vendor to empty my now full bags of trash drop rubish only to find the vendors window was blank, lol, and i could not escape, move, log from game, so yet again another ctrl+alt+del just to exit the game , and have not been back since, thers just no point can not do anything anyways. This is from somone who used to play for 2 to 4 hours + everyday, now it seems its all done and over, sad times, could have been a great game
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yawn......

Same old silliness.

The game is dying just watch people leave now!!!!

Annnnnddd now

Annnddd.... Now!

This time for realz...now!!
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Yawn......

Same old silliness.

The game is dying just watch people leave now!!!!

Annnnnddd now

Annnddd.... Now!

This time for realz...now!!

You have it all wrong Mr Positivity! The bots and gold sellers are still here. :P

Show me the population of Neverwinter and Ill show you at minimum 70% bots and "single user - multiple accounts"
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You have it all wrong Mr Positivity! The bots and gold sellers are still here. :P

Show me the population of Neverwinter and Ill show you at minimum 70% bots and "single user - multiple accounts"

That poster will not bother to answer. Just go ahead and post about the afk-pvp TRs standing at Blacklake campfire or the guilds filled with only lvl 60 TRs farming one particular instance. I DARE YOU! :D
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Despite the Threads title,you bring up some valid points.

To make this thread more attractive to read,rather than a look at the title and move on occasion,I would suggest changing the title to something more appropriate.

Most if not all your points have been covered in previous threads and some have had replys from devs or reps.I would suggest doing a search on the topics.

None the less,I wish you luck with getting replys on the subjects you covered,from people who matter.