test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possible Solution to blank NPC Dialogues.

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This worked for me and was originally posted by Imathi here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375551-Cant-talk-to-npc-after-patch&p=4763252&viewfull=1#post4763252
imathil wrote: »
All NPCs
English
WITH US International Keyboard under Windows settings...resetting to straight US keyboard and rebooting game fixed issue for me but I had to change the DEFAULT keyboard to US not just switch keyboard setttings.

Hope it helps other people too.

EDIT: This worked on my Windows 7 machine.
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• Options
    vendingtonvendington Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seriously why do we have to found this kinda stuff out,

its cryptic job to make this game running , in wich they are horribly failing at :I

i think i can bet , they are not even 1 bit different than gold botters , everything goes automatic, and trows the patch down at a certain time , and than they go drink a beer and dont give a f*ck anymore
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vendington wrote: »
    seriously why do we have to found this kinda stuff out,

its cryptic job to make this game running , in wich they are horribly failing at :I

i think i can bet , they are not even different than gold botters , everything goes automatic, and trows the patch down at a certain time , and than they go drink a beer and dont give a f*ck anymore

The guy is just trying to help folks.
  • Options
    vendingtonvendington Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im not angry at this guy , i just want to state how bad cryptic is , in the hope that they read this
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Possible Solution to blank NPC Dialogues.

Hiring competent QA Testers would be the best solution.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So has this worked for anyone else?
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Change keyboard input to English (US). Worked for my UK guildies.

• Options
    havkarrohavkarro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Proof the ''forum" solution with keyboard is not working at all :

Proof its not working : bug.jpg
  • Options
    hallydamasterhallydamaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't get it to work either.

Windows 8 64 bit
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For any interested... They just twittered:

"We have found the main cause and are working to resolve it. We'll update you with information as soon as we can."
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    For any interested... They just twittered:

"We have found the main cause and are working to resolve it. We'll update you with information as soon as we can."

Well, if they really honestly wanted to communicate with the player base they might consider posting that at the Official Game Forums.

Oh wait, Cryptic and Communication is same sentence - an oxymoron.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I've never had a problem with the communication coming from cryptic, its been a lot better than other mmos.

Just unfortunately they seem to introduce more bugs then they fix and nerf more than they improve, especially around any source of ad income.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they not put this on the TEST SHARD first and was it not BROKEN THERE and reported?! I am not following how this could possibly have made it live.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    Did they not put this on the TEST SHARD first and was it not BROKEN THERE and reported?! I am not following how this could possibly have made it live.

The patch they put up last night on the preview server had a different problem (that involved keybinds). I'm guessing while fixing that they introduced this new bug.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »

Some have the problem, some don't. Maybe no one had the problem on the preview server to report it. Since it seems to be a language issue maybe it was an error in copying the change data from preview to live. Who knows.
    dardove wrote: »
    The patch they put up last night on the preview server had a different problem (that involved keybinds). I'm guessing while fixing that they introduced this new bug.

Or that. :)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    rotainrotain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Win 8 64, works for me. Add the US language, don't just add the us keyboards under the UK language.

For me I had to add a language, then search for US, Once installed switched to us in the sys tray.
  • Options
    winderlywinderly Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i have the problem here.
    My keyboard has the french layout.
    Is there any chance Cryptic would fix this soon ?

(and because of this problem i can't even do the very first quest)