test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So IGN reviewed the game.

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/26/neverwinter-review

Was quite a surprise it got its own article. read at your pleasure/displeasure.
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/26/neverwinter-review

Was quite a surprise it got its own article. read at your pleasure/displeasure.

Hmm interesting..... The game gets better scores then that in general so that's more of an inconsistency then anything else. The cash shop is expensive though compared to most imo. I'm sure it will go down thought with time.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reviewer failed to realize that if you don't pick a cleric for your freebie and regret it, you can still buy the same one for a paltry two gold? Claims you are forced to the cash shop instead? Somebody wasn't paying attention.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this collaboration of reviews is a better reflection http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/neverwinter/critic-reviews

PWE probably refused to pay IGN'S extortion fee unlike other company's cough cough EA :D
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter isn't a hardcore MMORPG, nor is it likely to compel you to cast aside your current favorite MMO to devote your full attention to it. But taken in small doses, it's a generally fun and free romp through one of fantasy's most beloved universes, and the player-generated Foundry missions occasionally yield more memorable moments than fantasy MMOs with massive budgets.

I agree 100% with this summary.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was a fair review. And some of the reviewer's qualms, like the shop prices, are already being addressed.

I think 6.8 is a far score, and with more polish, there's reason to believe it could score higher.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Neverwinter isn't a hardcore MMORPG, nor is it likely to compel you to cast aside your current favorite MMO to devote your full attention to it. But taken in small doses, it's a generally fun and free romp through one of fantasy's most beloved universes, and the player-generated Foundry missions occasionally yield more memorable moments than fantasy MMOs with massive budgets.

I agree 100% with this summary.

As Do I

I find reading through all the comments posted on the I.g.n site to be pretty spot on. I don't expect everyone to agree with each other, that's the point of an (OPINION), but for the most part it's a a split down the middle with people who like it vs people who don't. It's like World of Warcraft or ANY other online game, you find those players who love the game and vehemently defend it and then their are others who absolutely detest the game and will argue against it.

The writer gave the game a decent score based on what they found to be fair, as with any (OPINION) you have to take it with a grain of salt. Some people may see it differently and think it deserves a higher score while others may think it's too high and deserves a much lower score, all OPINION based thinking. In the end what matters is what YOU the PLAYER"S define as enjoyable or not, if you like the game great and if not I'm sure their is always something else out there to hold your attention.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Review seems pretty spot on to me.

Neverwinter and D&D had so much potential, but I don't feel like they've delivered it yet.
  • Options
    jimpman88jimpman88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    As Do I

I find reading through all the comments posted on the I.g.n site to be pretty spot on. I don't expect everyone to agree with each other, that's the point of an (OPINION), but for the most part it's a a split down the middle with people who like it vs people who don't. It's like World of Warcraft or ANY other online game, you find those players who love the game and vehemently defend it and then their are others who absolutely detest the game and will argue against it.

The writer gave the game a decent score based on what they found to be fair, as with any (OPINION) you have to take it with a grain of salt. Some people may see it differently and think it deserves a higher score while others may think it's too high and deserves a much lower score, all OPINION based thinking. In the end what matters is what YOU the PLAYER"S define as enjoyable or not, if you like the game great and if not I'm sure their is always something else out there to hold your attention.

I just wish the people who dont like it would stop playing it. Im new to mmo's and dont get this need people have to come on just to complain about it.
    I for one, enjoy this game..if I didnt, I wouldnt be here commenting (weird logic right?)
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jimpman88 wrote: »
    I just wish the people who dont like it would stop playing it. Im new to mmo's and dont get this need people have to come on just to complain about it.
    I for one, enjoy this game..if I didnt, I wouldnt be here commenting (weird logic right?)

people who enjoy the game are actually ingame playing it

only people on the forums are the ones who dont like it, the ones who are giving feedback, and the people at work :D
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    people who enjoy the game are actually ingame playing it

only people on the forums are the ones who dont like it, the ones who are giving feedback, and the people at work :D

I'm at work so you can't count me, ;-)
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just find it hard to take this game seriously. The amount of issues, the cost of the cash shop, the terrible class mechanics, and the redundancy of combat just drive me away.

combat is fun for like ~30 levels and then you realize you will be using these same 4 skills forever and that is all you will be able to do. you will be fighting these same enemies in droves for no reason forever. it just gets boring and begins feeling pointless.

also there is something about this game that gives me a headache if i play more than a couple hours in a day.