test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banned? For this?

paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was just online and I was talking with my brother about how annoying it is to get gold in the game for potions, I wrote "Yeah you have to either spam chat to trade items for gold or rely on gold drops in the game" and BAM! i got banned for LINKING A WEB SITE (Thats what it said anyway RIGHT after the statement) which I NEVER did. What the Hell Cryptic, this is beyond lame, Fix this! I can only imagine how many other players are getting banned for saying the same thing!!!
If it isnt fixed I *WILL* do a charge back on the founders package I bought.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Its funny that their new way of getting rid of bots actually get rid innocent people. ;(

wait, are you talking about chat banned or account banned? if account banned, wow, i'm not going to chat with such words again. how lame.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    It was account banned, and it was via whisper to my brother. Worse part was just BEFORE i was banned I saw an AD spammer in zone chat going to town.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    It was account banned, and it was via whisper to my brother. Worse part was just BEFORE i was banned I saw an AD spammer in zone chat going to town.

People cried for an automated ban system, and I tried to tell them all that it would backfire. But nobody ever listens to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got two private messages from a gold selling company last night so whatever the strategy to get rid of them is, it's not working.
  • Options
    momomonstersmomomonsters Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Word of advice, if you know you are going to get into trouble for doing something that is harmful to yourself, others and the game. DONT, no point crying over spilled milk now, ticket to un-ban.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Word of advice, if you know you are going to get into trouble for doing something that is harmful to yourself, others and the game. DONT, no point crying over spilled milk now, ticket to un-ban.

Try re-reading the post. There is no way any of that would have been harmful to anyone. It was a simple convo that got the account banned, and i wasent the only one, additionally it was a private message to my Brother in game, not over zone chat and had nothing to do with linking a web site OR gold selling. I have a ticket in to see if this gets resolved, but this is more to alert them that there is something screwy with their autoban system if its banning you for sending private messages.
  • Options
    xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You would do the same if it happened to you bro.
    its easy said then bear.

;)
  • Options
    taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    People cried for an automated ban system, and I tried to tell them all that it would backfire. But nobody ever listens to me.
    Auto ban based on heuristics is NEVER OK!
    Heuristics should only ever be used to auto flag conversations for GM review. Or for profanity filtering (by replacing bad words with * not banning people automatically)
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013

like to see you get autoban and try to un'ban via ticket... tho your ticket may be 1mill something that wont be replied by a month as too many tickets are ever replied.
  • Options
    thepunkmonkthepunkmonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    auto banning from chat seems okay or muting them from speaking, but account ban seems a bit overkill.
  • Options
    pantheist84pantheist84 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    same thing just happened to me..tried asking somebody about this scammers website and I was banned. funny thing is i have put tickets in being quite vigilant to help out but now a loyal paying customer like myself gets shut out of the game he loved so much. based on other threads i have read i could be waiting for up to a week. i'll give it a day but if this is how i am to be treated than i will simply move on.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok. So bottom line is, no PMs until this is resolved?

Have you actually linked or spelled the gold selling websites in your messages?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Please contact Support. We can do nothing about this forum-side.
This discussion has been closed.