test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Item Giveaways

seantierseantier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Most of the keys are gone.. think warcry maybe got some left.
OnRPG states that there are x amount of keys left before you register (i had 150 some left), but after your registration you are told that there are no keys left... thats really annoying!

Most of the items are altar, potions and stuff.. but the titles are cool!

Seantier
Post edited by seantier on

Comments

• Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got the one from warcry, "spell plague survivor" of course when I looked at my list I noticed I already had that title. :/
    they should make it slightly differernt if you had it already Spell plague Survivorer, Spell plague enthusiast or Spell plague Researcher.

most the good titles were gone. ill probably use the potions to up my alchemy. Would have been nice if they gave something significant to the non pay sites, maybe an exclusive dye pack called researcher dye pack Brown primary gold trim and white secondary, or the Social dye pack for the Facebook sites Blue primary white trim silver or cyan secondary, or a fashion object "glasses". maybe had a cool title unique to the site, War Crier, Face of Neverwinter, Little bird(Twitter), The One(onrpg)

At least they didn't give xp scrolls you cant drop or lockboxes.
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's lame that the devs/marketing had this event while the working class is gone. Meaning all the <nice guys> of the world get access to it. Granted only thing good from it, was the Lord of Waterdeep title but it's still horrible. You guys are dumb. You mind as well ban me, because i'm not droppin anymore money into this game. Wouldn't be the first mmo I left, after feeling disgruntled. MMOs are a dime a dozen, and so is my wallet. :mad:
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It was a giveaway promo on a website..Its been doing on for DAYS.. I work too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This promotion left a bad taste. It was disappointing and seemed cheap given the short duration and limited number of keys. This was no different than the "Big Sale" one sees advertised at Wal-mart or another retailer to find the 10 DVD Players were sold out in the first 5 minutes of the sale. I don't care about the items - Just feel "chumped." This type of approach isn't going to win hearts and minds. Next time, I'll just ignore it.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Key Redeemed

Warcry
    IGN
    Millenium
    OnRPG
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    Logitech Giveaway
    Alienware Giveaway
    :cool:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Regrettably, we were badly screwed over by the devs, they locked the companion to IGN-PRIME, leaving us with the trash giveaways.
  • Options
    heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is my rant on the subject.... since I couldn't leave a comment on the page

The main page says Free item give away, I clicked it was redirected to giveaway page,
    FREE but IGN makes you pay for membership to get their "Free" items

Onrpgs page I didn't bother making an account with because it says they ran out of keys....

MMOhunt the event expired so it wasn't worth the time to make an account, reading the forum on their page ppl are raging about the time it was open..

Making only two currently available and FREE
    Warcray and MMO site, but MMOsite makes you have to earn it so that's not free at all...
  • Options
    nbppp1nbppp1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heyyyou wrote: »
    this is my rant on the subject.... since I couldn't leave a comment on the page

The main page says Free item give away, I clicked it was redirected to giveaway page,
    FREE but IGN makes you pay for membership to get their "Free" items

The link also says "IGN Prime members." IGN Prime is a subscription e-magazine. If you saw this promotion in a magazine, it'd still be a free promotion. There was no misrepresentation on that part, especially since it was clear it was for people who were already members and they gave you other places to get it that were not subscriptions.
  • Options
    heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but what part of free don't they understand?
    "Giveaways for free items in Neverwinter." is what the thing says specifically, the other places to look do not have the same "free" items
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's free to play game all ready. IF you really want the items throw a buck or 6....
    Things wont get any better for grieving it on here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    heyyyou wrote: »
    but what part of free don't they understand?
    "Giveaways for free items in Neverwinter." is what the thing says specifically, the other places to look do not have the same "free" items
    They are free to current IGN subscribers. That is still free. The point is that was something nice that IGN subscribers got. They don't expect you to go sign up for IGN just to get the free stuff, unless you really want IGN anyway lol. They still gave you options for free stuff. They understand the word free just fine. It works the same as "buy one get one free." That "one free" cost somebody money, yes, but they still didn't have to pay the price for the free part of it. Have you ever heard the saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch"? Well, it applies here. You are right, it isn't really free, and this game isn't really free to play, and even if it were you are still paying for the internet, or electricity, or something. Free is a very loose term, yes. You are very apt about that. But by the definition they were implying, it is free.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nbppp1 wrote: »
    They are free to current IGN subscribers. That is still free. The point is that was something nice that IGN subscribers got. They don't expect you to go sign up for IGN just to get the free stuff, unless you really want IGN anyway lol. They still gave you options for free stuff. They understand the word free just fine. It works the same as "buy one get one free." That "one free" cost somebody money, yes, but they still didn't have to pay the price for the free part of it. Have you ever heard the saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch"? Well, it applies here. You are right, it isn't really free, and this game isn't really free to play, and even if it were you are still paying for the internet, or electricity, or something. Free is a very loose term, yes. You are very apt about that. But by the definition they were implying, it is free.

and Founder's pack is "free" if you already bought the founder's pack, on a different "toon" of the same account.

don't split hairs on the definition of "free", because technically "everything is free" if you already own it.
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtf? my post got edited/butchered to resemble that of a 9 yr old. I cant believe there's such a profession in need....right there next to the old Wal-Mart greeter and the bathroom attendant that hands you a hand-towel to wipe off. seriously?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and Founder's pack is "free" if you already bought the founder's pack, on a different "toon" of the same account.

don't split hairs on the definition of "free", because technically "everything is free" if you already own it.

That isn't splitting hairs. That is how marketing works. You took it way off base there. I didn't say anything about already owning anything besides a subscription, and that is a valid point. It is extremely common to provide a free toy inside a cereal box, a free offer inside a paid magazine, a free drink with purchase of sandwich, etc. That is how marketing works, and that was my point. You fallaciously turned my point into owning it=owning it=free. That is far from what I said, and what I said is what they did. It is a legit definition of free. It is commonly used. Usage is what creates the definitions. Your definition is never used. Mine is.

Anyway, no biggie. You see it your way, I see it mine. I'm done rofl.
  • Options
    necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The key I just got from warcary is not working! What a great giveaway!!
  • Options
    jokeznzjokeznz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vhalantru wrote: »
    I think it's lame that the devs/marketing had this event while the working class is gone. Meaning all the <nice guys> of the world get access to it. Granted only thing good from it, was the Lord of Waterdeep title but it's still horrible. You guys are dumb. You mind as well ban me, because i'm not droppin anymore money into this game. Wouldn't be the first mmo I left, after feeling disgruntled. MMOs are a dime a dozen, and so is my wallet. :mad:

The "Lord of Waterdeep" title didn't unlock for me. Same for anyone else?
  • Options
    druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    Ah, onRPG. Been a while since I had the displeasure of using their forum.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • Options
    toolac1toolac1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got 4 keys yesterday, even the one that required 100 MMO points or something, they gave you 100 points if you liked their site on FB, I didn't even bother, I just clicked on the link got taken the Facebook than went back and claimed the points. Items weren't really worth anything, but the Lord of Waterdeep was nice.
    "There is no cow level"
  • Options
    gamespeakgamespeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really I get a title that is already in the game and that I all ready have... "spell plague survivor" or is this yet ANOTHER over-site/bug. Can't you people do a even a give away right... :(

And yes the fact that ING wants you to pay for a "Free Items" is just sad for them and you...
    Boss = 60 Guardian
    Mad Hatter = 60 Rogue
    Foundry "Zombie Survival - Nightmare" NW-DRBK6WNML
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Does the IGN Prime gift pack only give a single Upstart Cleric Companion or that companion on all the Toons on your account? Any one know?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's for all. Old and new.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It's for all. Old and new.

Okie, an account permanent Upstart Cleric Companion, for all my Toons now and in perpetuity, is well worth the $7.57 I spent to sign up for IGN Prime for one month. As soon as I redeem the items in-game on all my Toons I will cancel that account.

Is there any companion you can get for 757 Zen, because that would be the in-game Zen store price of a one-month IGN prime subscription.
  • Options
    ageia417ageia417 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure why the posters for yesterday couldn't get these... I got all but the IGN one because I'm not prime this morning. It didn't tell me "no keys left" or anything like that, it just gave me the redeem codes. *confused*
  • Options
    xxsoxxso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fnaa mjaaa... D:D: NOoo
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More keys appear to be getting added over time. So far these free promotional items (ignoring consumable bags) have been:

*IGN Prime : Pet : Faithful Initiate (Cleric reskin as tiefling)
    Gamespot : Item : Sun Mask (Fashion head item)
    TenTonHammer : Item : Ivy Mask (Fashion head item)
    MMOHut : Title : Lord of Waterdeep
    OnRPG : Title : Lord of Waterdeep
    MMOSite : Title : Mimic Tamer
    Warcry : Title : Spellplague Survivor
    ZAM : Title : Wandering Monster
    F2P : Title : Lord of Waterdeep
    MMORPG : Item : Lion Mask (Fashion head item)

* IGN Prime does require a subscription to the IGN Prime service to get the code, the others mostly just require registration on their site and / or occasionally a like on Facebook.
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hm...

Key Redeemed
    ZAM
    GameSpot
    Ten Ton Hammer
    OnRPG
    Logitech Giveaway
    Alienware Giveaway
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    Neverwinter Alpha - Phase 2
    Hero of the North Founders' Pack
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fablern wrote: »
    Eye Patch available here!!!!
    Awesome: Got it now. Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice lol an eyepatch. It's a shame however I can't put any of the items over any other item >.<
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ;) THANK U for the LINK......
This discussion has been closed.