test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just me or has the population of Neverwinter dwindled significantly?

13»

Comments

• crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't really left I got ill. I'm afraid discontent will spread and by the time I'm off my meds this game will be a ghost town. Spoze if Cryptic keeps updating regular the game has good chance to bounce back. But really do we need a bunch of people playing? Lag issues were bad enough when I came on board.

Note I still want housing with access to AH and Daily - I'm sure this will free up downtown from it's lag around those points.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    Which is a shame. I think the dungeons are really well designed when it comes to the visuals and the landscape, optional rooms, and more or less secret additions. I enjoy exploring them. But there are way too many identical mob packs between bosses, which makes me start yawning before half-way. And as you say, the actual boss design was done in an incredibly lazy way by Cryptic. It's pretty much the same pattern over and over again. If there is one thing they should change, it's this.

Yeah, the dungeons themselves are beautiful and unique - I've had a blast exploring them too.
    Now if only the bosses would get the same treatment, I think it's something the devs want to do eventually.
    Judging by some comments from them I've read on the forums now and then they seem to get bored with the same old stuff too, and whacking at a dragon and its entire nation worth of adds for half an hour before it finally lies down.
    Artificer.jpg
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am waiting for the new mmos that are coming out, this mmos mechanics are terrible. One of the things wrong is, gwf and gf cant heal them own selves. If the encounters made gf and gwf heal themselves it would be right. Also the armor and weapon stats are terrible, its either more def and defl or more just attack never both. That is one of the problems with this mmo, that is just two things wrong there are more then that.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am waiting for the new mmos that are coming out, this mmos mechanics are terrible. One of the things wrong is, gwf and gf cant heal them own selves. If the encounters made gf and gwf heal themselves it would be right. Also the armor and weapon stats are terrible, its either more def and defl or more just attack never both. That is one of the problems with this mmo, that is just two things wrong there are more then that.

Since I haven't played in a bit I can't be sure what the current state is, but making the mistake of playing a Guardian Fighter as my main is what initially undermined my desire to log on and play - add to that the class' most important mechanic being broken for two weeks and requiring pretty much every single GF player to come to the forums and scream at the Devs that the class was broken before they would acknowledge it... yeah...
    And then there are some new updates that serve no purpose whatsoever other than to needlessly kick players against the shins ("You HAVE to be in a Guild to queue for this, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with Guilds other than needing to be in one").
    Artificer.jpg
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My first guild had about 30 active members... and folded because all but about 3 remained.
    My second guild had 149 members and now at best 1-2 are on at any given time and often that one is me :( (still member on an alt).
    My third guild has about 30 members and normally their would be about 15 people on atm... now their is but 3.

Yes with the lack of end game and finding out that Grym was not actually a raid zone... Many have started cutting back/leaving myself included. I still have hopes that PWE can turn the game around. However I am think I am going to wait and see...
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I think foundry is the games greatest end game access the in ability to have a boss fight, reasonable loot drops, and perhaps the addition of PvP are dulling it down.

I think PWE have missed what gamers truly want in a game. They did such an awesome job with the storyline and leveling (quests) then completely lost all clue of how to keep the players attention. Players need a reason to keep playing and without this they leave to other games. Truly successful games make players want to keep playing.

PvP - The PvP gear is equal or less than T1. The set takes about 10 hours tops to get... after this other than to just fight a 'boring' match compared to hardcore PvP games there is nothing their.

Dungeons - Most of the boss fights are poorly balanced and require little or no strategy to beat. Their is very little variety found here and no sense of progression.

Economy - damaged beyond repair

Roleplaying - Foundry... see above....

Mini-games - there are none

Housing - there is none

Collectables - there are none (wait there are companions)

Acheivements - no reason to do them.. is there?

Progression or sense of progression at end game - really not much here

Guild progression - none.. no housing.. no guild levels.. nothing

Outfits - not reasonable... PWE huge lack of inventory is counter productive for people to even purchase outfits. I can never understand why games that want to sell items that take up a lot of inventory limit it to such a large degree.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    Since I haven't played in a bit I can't be sure what the current state is, but making the mistake of playing a Guardian Fighter as my main is what initially undermined my desire to log on and play - add to that the class' most important mechanic being broken for two weeks and requiring pretty much every single GF player to come to the forums and scream at the Devs that the class was broken before they would acknowledge it... yeah...
    And then there are some new updates that serve no purpose whatsoever other than to needlessly kick players against the shins ("You HAVE to be in a Guild to queue for this, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with Guilds other than needing to be in one").

All the guardian fighters in my guild have said that their gameplay has been much better as of the recent patches. You may wish to try your GF out again. They are pretty much required now.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's kinda sad when Pirate101 (a game i was forced to play by 4 year old sister but now kinda enjoy), is funner then NW. Given that Pirate101 was made for kids lol.
    On the whole note of population, my guilds pretty meh as far as activity goes used to have at least two pages full of peeps, now I'm lucky if I see 4 others on. But population wise in town it seems the same on Dragon, but hard to tell for sure with all the afk chat bots.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think the dungeons suck to be honest, adds , adds , adds is not fun. Only reason i still play is I know eventually they will fix all this but they will lost 75% of their population first, then build it back slowly like STO did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    i think the dungeons suck to be honest, adds , adds , adds is not fun. Only reason i still play is I know eventually they will fix all this but they will lost 75% of their population first, then build it back slowly like STO did.

Did they ever do anything about the ground combat in STO? worst combat ever.
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    All the guardian fighters in my guild have said that their gameplay has been much better as of the recent patches. You may wish to try your GF out again. They are pretty much required now.

That's good to hear, I'll have to dust off my GF sometime. Probably scrape him loose from where he's rusted in place too.
    Artificer.jpg
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    A big chunk of people I know are waiting on the module now since Gauntylgrym was a bust.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking at the instances for Enclave i would say the beholder population has shrunk or stayed the same.

However i did level up a new character after launch, and it was so much harder to find groups for dungeons, which shouldnt be during any MMO launch, that i ended up skipping all the 1-60 dungeons.

I think there was more growth during beta then after launch. And those who did play are now starting to leave.

Also to those who say theres no endgame, there is plenty! T1 and T2 and CN. the problem is, no one goes to T1 because you can just bypass it with buying cheap gear or doing pvp for a few hours. and then T2/CN are plagued with exploits it makes them so easy, especially with dungeon delve that gives loot to every member. what kinda MMO has bosses that drop 6 pieces of loot?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Did they ever do anything about the ground combat in STO? worst combat ever.

They did do something about it, but it's still horrible to do ground on that game.
  • souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's no variety!!

There aren't enough classes for each role, and every class is forced to take the same paragon path. There should be more races as well. We don't need 224324 variations of elves (wood elves, drow, half-elves) when they could add whole new races (goliath, deva, shifter, warforged, etc).
  • thejudgeholdenthejudgeholden Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lack of content outside of dungeons causes people to get bored very quickly. The only time's I play is on DD. If there was more to do outside of dungeons, such as farming regular mobs for the chance at good loot, I'd do that. A lot of games had that; rappelz and knight online being the two that stick out most for me.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Their 3 biggest problems from my end are;

1. Foundry - you complete a piece of 'ART' and then you have to convince 5 people in chat, Forums or guild to play it so that it is even available for everyone to see it. I have 3 Foundries, One I pushed and is now a daily. The other 2, which are a huge step up in all aspects of making a quest just sit idle because I can't put in the effort atm to find people to play.

2. Gauntlgrym - I am logging in to play it, it is not there.... (yes I know it is down).

3. Levelling - It is just to **** fast. I have no bag space and am just logging into 1 character and doing Professions till I buy some bags. It has levelled 5 -10 times just by this. It is ridiculous. All rush rush. No time to explore - you miss out on Skirmishes and Dungeons and if you do Foundry quests like I do to help out get up numbers for others you level and of course you also level in PVP. What should take 2-3 Months of casual play can honestly be achieved in way less then a month with no satisfaction.

Also I am missing ZEN form a zen market thingy where I checked how much Astral Diamonds I would get for my ZEN and when I went out got the old "Changes will not be saved" notice - lol It did not even save my Zen - Lucky only 87 Zen or something.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The lack of fundamental DnD. Rules, Rp, options... has made it painful to log on. Played a lot from CB to release, just cant do it anymore.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    filc wrote: »
    During EU primetime I sometime open up instance window and check how many players is in Protector's Enclave.

Start of the open beta it was 15 full instances, start of the live it was 18 full instances. One instance is 150 players.

What are you smoking, lol? There used to be 75 instances, mainly during the first two weeks of the original launch with the first 4 instances having 150 and less, the other instances petering out quickly to around 30 ish.

Now you might see 12 instance and a small chance of seeing a 150 person instance during prime time with instances around 9 with roughly 45-9 folks per. Even during the second launch on mindflayer the instances were around 40 or so, the first three being 12-150 and the rest dropping to the 30-9 range a day later, instances also dropped back to around 12 with the bottom instances having single digit folks in them.

I would say the population has tanked big time due to many developer factors. The developers have no one to blame but themselves.

Poor design, lack of qualified personnel both as testers and programmers, poor implementation, big money grab and I would wager a lot of poor advice.

Still, I got my 200 bucks of entertainment, just cruising till FF14 and the other games come out, especially the Witcher 3 which will rock. :cool:
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    What are you smoking, lol? There used to be 75 instances, mainly during the first two weeks of the original launch with the first 4 instances having 150 and less, the other instances petering out quickly to around 30 ish.

Now you might see 12 instance and a small chance of seeing a 150 person instance during prime time with instances around 9 with roughly 45-9 folks per. Even during the second launch on mindflayer the instances were around 40 or so, the first three being 12-150 and the rest dropping to the 30-9 range a day later, instances also dropped back to around 12 with the bottom instances having single digit folks in them.

I would say the population has tanked big time due to many developer factors. The developers have no one to blame but themselves.

Poor design, lack of qualified personnel both as testers and programmers, poor implementation, big money grab and I would wager a lot of poor advice.

Still, I got my 200 bucks of entertainment, just cruising till FF14 and the other games come out, especially the Witcher 3 which will rock. :cool:

Agreed was fun 1 to 60 but if they can't even fix the lvl on the stalwart set without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over peeps that got older pieces but are still missing a part or 2 well....

What can you expect peeps will only eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for so long!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    One contributing factor is summer. People like to go away for summers.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a great effort made on important things, you know like getting rid of EXPLOITS THAT DESTROY WHOLE DUNGEONS.

No no no.... the population reduction has nothing to do with this. Nice attempt at making an excuse though.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thats BS WoW had 12million at highest piont this game highest piont might of been 300k

I see nothing wrong with my statement. I think you mistook my meaning. ;-)