test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It would be funny if this didn't happen to me.

2»

Comments

• Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brb, getting more popcorn. I don't do PvP but even I can't believe this thread.

The bit I like best is the title
    It would be funny, if this didn't happen to ME

so apparently, it's perfectly for other people to be on the receiving end, just not him
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol, got it in one kitty! :D
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    kasyee wrote: »
    Yeah so nerf rogues and wizzies.

But I play on wizzy nd in pvp there was a fighter who was immune to my CC almost every time, and was imposible to kill - didnt die ONCE in 5 vs 5 pvp - and had so many hp it was impossible to manage - while rogues and wizzies were dying over and over.

So lets nerf fighters too!

And there was cleric who was healing those OP classes adding them more power.
    So lets nerf clerics too!

/sarcasm off

Very funny OP :P.

Every class has its weakans good points.
    Fighters - their hp and survivability is their great point.
    Rogues - low hp but can sneak.
    Wizzards - low hp and defense but can flash away.
    Besides does that flash away is rlly that different from others dodge? Its different animation - sure. Maybe its little faster - sure. But its not that different.
    I dont have experience with clerics - ppl say it sucks in pvp - but lets be honest - clerics are very needed in pve.

Yeah those are some great points. I wonder if the devs team is hiring. I might want to apply for a position.

I think I have a knack for noticing PvP imbalances. Through my experience in different MMO's, I can often shed light on the issue from a different angle. That being said, I still believe that the Rogue going invisible just shouldn't be in the game. What's the point of that??

People may be quick to dismiss me as a whiner, but I feel that this is a legitimate issue. I will not make a fool of myself trying to prove that it's overpowered or something, just trying to get devs to delete it from the game.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I think the answer is in the title.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Things tend to seem overpowered until you actually sit on the other side of the fence.

Now there are certainly some aspects of gamplay I feel should be adjusted personally. For instance I had been very active stating how overpowered the Stealth + Cloud of Steel ability is in certain character builds. I also half-way agree about rogues going stealth in combat: they should probably have a second or two of pseudo-invisibility if they enter stealth in combat.

However if you take the time out to try these other classes I think you'll find out the grass isn't so green.

Your lack of experience with the other classes, for instance, is observable through your complaints against the wizard's teleport. While such matters will always be up to interpretation the GWF's print is generally considered far superior for escaping and for catching enemies than any of the other class' dodge abilities. The drawback with the GWF's Sprint is that it takes longer to exit AoE attacks but it allows much more viable movement advantage than any other class.

So try some other classes. See the gameplay from the other side of the fence and you not only might realize some of the things you feel are overpowered are actually quite balanced but you might also learn some strategies on how to play against certain classes. :)
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    I think I have a knack for noticing PvP imbalances. Through my experience in different MMO's, I can often shed light on the issue from a different angle. That being said, I still believe that the Rogue going invisible just shouldn't be in the game. What's the point of that??

Guess you never heard of one of the most successful PVP games ever created? Dark Ages of Camelot. Was great before they added all the high end raiding content which unbalanced PVP. But yeah, stealthers work fine. And these aren't even the only two games that have them.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This a nerf everyone because I can't zerg people post. Boring.
    And rogues are Impossible to catch, you know. And they can Smoke Bomb you.
    Poor class design. Horrible.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it bad if I made this thread just to do a social experiment? I wanted to see how much of a stink I can create by whining on the forums in a very assertive way. To be honest the PvP in this game is pretty close to fine. All the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I wrote was just a joke. Sorry guys :)
  • Options
    monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    or you've seen that most people think your a bit of a tool and are now backpedaling, guess we will never know ...

laters

Monk
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    monkjayn wrote: »
    or you've seen that most people think your a bit of a tool and are now backpedaling, guess we will never know ...

laters

Monk

What if making people think I'm backpedaling is part of my larger, greater scheme?
  • Options
    monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no i think i got it right the first time.

laters

Monk
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    monkjayn wrote: »
    no i think i got it right the first time.

laters

Monk

What if making you think you're right is part of my larger, greater scheme?
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues ability to hide should always depend on their environment . I'm sorry but if you're a rogue standing in the middle of a sun lit field..hiding just isn't an option unless you throw down a smoke bomb..and THEN you shouldn't be totally hidden and your hide should be a shorter duration..also..Hide during combat..after you're hit?..injured?..should definitely shorten the length of your hide there too.

Rogues should own the night though..and own corners and walls and shadows and dungeons and archways etc.
    Not to mention Hide not being broken by aoes..that's a HUGE no no..just because you're hidden doesn't mean you're not affected by an aoe..it means some one caught you.
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Yes, sneaky classes shouldn't be able to hide. They should personally make it so rogues have to stand in front of you and announce that they are planning to attack you, before making a move. They should also have to loudly stomp their feet wherever they go and wear bright colors so they are easily noticeable.

I look forward to these much needed changes, PWI.

LMAO!!!

*wipes away tear*

That was my laugh for the day well said.
  • Options
    broodmama21broodmama21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    Maybe your doing something wrong in pvp.. GWf is really good in pvp as long you know how to do it. Im playing GWF since open beta and i dont have any problem in pvp. i could kill them on my Stunlock combo rotation and they could kill me too. Figthing against wizards is all about timing of your Tab skill (unstoppable), Samething on Rogue. WHen they do invisible dont do anyhting just to wait them to attack you until they appear use Unstoppable and run really quick followed by ur flourish and knockdown then IBS finish it with your Cresendo if its ready .I suggest try to watch GWF pvp video on youtube or some streamer out there. watch and i hope u'll learn something..
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kasyee wrote: »
    Yeah so nerf rogues and wizzies.

But I play on wizzy nd in pvp there was a fighter who was immune to my CC almost every time, and was imposible to kill - didnt die ONCE in 5 vs 5 pvp - and had so many hp it was impossible to manage - while rogues and wizzies were dying over and over.

So lets nerf fighters too!

And there was cleric who was healing those OP classes adding them more power.
    So lets nerf clerics too!

/sarcasm off

Very funny OP :P.

Every class has its weakans good points.
    Fighters - their hp and survivability is their great point.
    Rogues - low hp but can sneak.
    Wizzards - low hp and defense but can flash away.
    Besides does that flash away is rlly that different from others dodge? Its different animation - sure. Maybe its little faster - sure. But its not that different.
    I dont have experience with clerics - ppl say it sucks in pvp - but lets be honest - clerics are very needed in pve.

Clerics pretty much have a perpetual target painted on our backs be it PvP or PvE. Since the patch fixed GF aggro and threat it's quite a bit better in PvE but nothing's going to stop the other team from killing the healer first in PvP. :D
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues ability to hide should always depend on their environment . I'm sorry but if you're a rogue standing in the middle of a sun lit field..hiding just isn't an option unless you throw down a smoke bomb..and THEN you shouldn't be totally hidden and your hide should be a shorter duration..also..Hide during combat..after you're hit?..injured?..should definitely shorten the length of your hide there too.

Rogues should own the night though..and own corners and walls and shadows and dungeons and archways etc.
    Not to mention Hide not being broken by aoes..that's a HUGE no no..just because you're hidden doesn't mean you're not affected by an aoe..it means some one caught you.

Uh, what?

There is no day/night cycle in this game.

There are no shadows to hide in.

There are no "environments" to hide in. The PvP maps are about the size of my bathroom. My small bathroom, the one without a tub in it.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER