test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It would be funny if this didn't happen to me.

levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I was PvP'ing once and there was a rogue and all I need to do was hit him like 3 times to kill him. I run up to him to hit him and he goes invisible. He went invisible. Classes shouldn't be able to do that.

Also, I played against a Control Wizard and he kept flashing away from me. How can I run to him and hit him if when I get to him he just flashes away from me. In League of Legends Flash is like on a 5 minute cooldown. I think that could be a decent thing to implement in this game.

Just my thoughts on PvP. Hope the devs listen to their community. I feel like I have good input but the devs are kinda shutting a blind eye on us game tester types.
Post edited by levander2 on

Comments

• pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    So I was PvP'ing once and there was a rogue and all I need to do was hit him like 3 times to kill him. I run up to him to hit him and he goes invisible. He went invisible. Classes shouldn't be able to do that.

Yes, sneaky classes shouldn't be able to hide. They should personally make it so rogues have to stand in front of you and announce that they are planning to attack you, before making a move. They should also have to loudly stomp their feet wherever they go and wear bright colors so they are easily noticeable.

I look forward to these much needed changes, PWI.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    Also, I played against a Control Wizard and he kept flashing away from me. How can I run to him and hit him if when I get to him he just flashes away from me. In League of Legends Flash is like on a 5 minute cooldown. I think that could be a decent thing to implement in this game.

A five minute cooldown in a game where fights last 20-30 seconds at the most, is a great idea! Keep them coming!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    It's cuz the rogues can go invisible and then come out and 1 hit me. Sure I might be below half hp but they shouldn't be able to attack when I can't even see them. That's an unfair advantage. In basketball I don't see Lebron with a blind fold on. Same thing here. It's just annoying. But rogues aren't the biggest problem really. It's the Control Wizard flashing around. Everyone should be able to get flash kinda liek the summoner skills in League of Legends.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Yes, sneaky classes shouldn't be able to hide. They should personally make it so rogues have to stand in front of you and announce that they are planning to attack you, before making a move. They should also have to loudly stomp their feet wherever they go and wear bright colors so they are easily noticeable.

I look forward to these much needed changes, PWI.

LOL Love the post pinkfont

Exactly, they arent called "Trickster" Rogues for a reason or anything, and hence being assassin/thief type folks, they shouldnt be able to stealth LOL </sarcasm>
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes....*Trickster* Rogues shouldn't be able to stealth *nods*...makes perfect sense...oh and Control Wizards shouldn't be able to use their teleport dodge either because, you know, it's not like its a spell or anything....

*facepalm*

Edited to add: I look forward to the neon green dyepack for my TR from PWI.....
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

News flash: rogues have stealth, it is limited but it's part of the game.

News flash: Control Wizards have teleport, it's part of the game. No they cannot teleport indefinitily.
    Just my thoughts on PvP. Hope the devs listen to their community. I feel like I have good input but the devs are kinda shutting a blind eye on us game tester types.

Looks like you need to learn the powers and their limitations of the other classes. BTW, rogues have a pseudo teleport skill as well. If they have it readied, they can teleport behind you. Be afraid, be very afraid. BTW, what class are you?
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    It's cuz the rogues can go invisible and then come out and 1 hit me. Sure I might be below half hp but they shouldn't be able to attack when I can't even see them. That's an unfair advantage. In basketball I don't see Lebron with a blind fold on. Same thing here. It's just annoying. But rogues aren't the biggest problem really. It's the Control Wizard flashing around. Everyone should be able to get flash kinda liek the summoner skills in League of Legends.

I mean really? We are talking Dungeons and Dragons here where eventually Mages can go invis or drink a potion of invisibility and stuff. You do know we have a skill as a TR where we can poof behind you and hit you from the back if that power is set and ready to run?
    edited June 2013
    I play a Great Warrior Fighter
    edited June 2013
    You mean Great Weapons Fighter?
    edited June 2013
    That's an unfair advantage.

It's almost as if rogues are supposed to be unscrupulous fighters who rely on unfair advantages and dirty tactics in order to beat more heavily-armored opponents.

Nah.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this thread is epic :cool:

/me sits down and eats popcorn
    edited June 2013
    Just a quick question, you also realize that if you think we as TR's can hurt you now, at least you werent playing before they nerfed our Shocking Execution by 60% lol.
    edited June 2013

Yeah, sorry. I just feel like I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to PvP. A cleric can out tank me and a Guardian Fighter can out damage me.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's almost as if rogues are supposed to be unscrupulous fighters who rely on unfair advantages and dirty tactics in order to beat more heavily-armored opponents.

Nah.

rogue: noun
    a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    rogue: noun
    a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.

Nah, I think it actually means red or something.
    edited June 2013
    I the the Great Weapons Fighter should get a ranged ability. Like a throwing axe that stuns and interrupts. Just ideas, trying to make my class a little more balanced. Would hate to see it die out because no one is using it.
  • rushhhhhhhhhhhrushhhhhhhhhhh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You mean Great Weapon Holder?
    edited June 2013
    Nah, I think it actually means red or something.

*nods sagely* could be, could be...if you go by popular spelling....

My Control Wizard and my Rogue are sitting around chuckling. My Cleric is just facelpalming......
    edited June 2013
    I have a lvl TR which is my main and a level 60 Devoted Cleric, and since on my tr I have to be up close and personal with everything I do right in your face (or behind your back) I am glad I can be stealthed in most things I do. I don't pvp very often and usually only with guild members.
    edited June 2013
    My TR and DC are just kinda going wtf????????
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, sorry. I just feel like I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to PvP. A cleric can out tank me and a Guardian Fighter can out damage me.

And just about everyone can out maneuver you. I thought they had fixed that, oh well.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

then ur probably playing ur Great Warrior Fighter wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    filc wrote: »
    this thread is epic :cool:

/me sits down and eats popcorn

I wasn't sure if he was trolling at first or not. But now, I think he may actually be telling us his feelings.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
    edited June 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    then ur probably playing ur Great Warrior Fighter wrong

The problem is in the player right? It can never be that the game mechanics are clearly designed in a way that are disadvantageous to the Great Fighters. If we could flash like the wizards that could be a step in the right direction. I'm not stupid, so I'm not going to ask for invisibility like the rogues. But that really shouldn't be out of the question either.

Man I wish I was a dev so bad. You guys might hate me right now but if I fixed the game, you guys would realize I'm right.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh god you're going to hate the eternal stealth rogues then.
    edited June 2013
    Lev you realize the Guardian Fighter is supposed to be the tank, the GWF is (no offense to those who play them) mainly dps can I ask what level GWF your playing?
  • monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    now i havnt played a gwf much, and my only gwf got deleted during cataday screwup, but im pretty sure they have a rather useful sprint ability which can pretty easily chase down a dodging player, or atleast 1 ranged attack which has them leap at someone, not to mention a fair few stuns / knockdowns, add in good defences and dmg potential and id say they are a pretty well rounded class, if played right, i wonder what the trouble here could be?...

laters

Monk

(lvl 60 suited and booted Rogue and GF)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good thing is, this isn't League of Legends....
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yeah so nerf rogues and wizzies.

But I play on wizzy nd in pvp there was a fighter who was immune to my CC almost every time, and was imposible to kill - didnt die ONCE in 5 vs 5 pvp - and had so many hp it was impossible to manage - while rogues and wizzies were dying over and over.

So lets nerf fighters too!

And there was cleric who was healing those OP classes adding them more power.
    So lets nerf clerics too!

/sarcasm off

Very funny OP :P.

Every class has its weakans good points.
    Fighters - their hp and survivability is their great point.
    Rogues - low hp but can sneak.
    Wizzards - low hp and defense but can flash away.
    Besides does that flash away is rlly that different from others dodge? Its different animation - sure. Maybe its little faster - sure. But its not that different.
    I dont have experience with clerics - ppl say it sucks in pvp - but lets be honest - clerics are very needed in pve.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol, all I read in OP's post was, "Why wont they let me win all the time??"

I love these threads :D

P.s. For the record I literally suck at PvP, but I love playing it for the fast paced action and the eternal hope for a close fought match, win or loose. I need people to beat me often so I am forced to think about my game/build and improve my skills.
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein