test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What role would you like Rogue to play in PvP?

2»

Comments

• huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I have a rogue alt im leveling for fun. You forget perma stealth rogues Pink.

Why do you keep giving misinformation

cause you keep posting bull**** too
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    cause you keep posting bull**** too

Sigh another one....

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build

Here you go its all bull**** information.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have a rogue alt im leveling for fun. You forget perma stealth rogues Pink.

Why do you keep giving misinformation

I'm not forgetting anything. The existence of a perma-stealth build does not mean that the way At-Wills function should suddenly change for all rogues.

Why do you keep posting so unintelligently?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I'm not forgetting anything. The existence of a perma-stealth build does not mean that the way At-Wills function should suddenly change for all rogues.

Why do you keep posting so unintelligently?

Because you keep providing misinformation and lies. Do you want me to post them in this thread too or will you ignore them as well.
    edited June 2013
    If that occurs, then our entire feats need to be changed and we would need to be given a free respec. Do me a favor, and go look up how many of our feats require stealth in order to work. The class is built around using at-will abilities while in stealth, and if you take that away, then so many of our feat choices would suddenly become pointless.

Your idea doesn't make sense. Encounter abilities break stealth. The system is fine the way it is.

Do they

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build

Edit: You asked if i knew how your abilities re stealth work. I responded. You said encounters break stealth i responded. There was nothing in your post about at wills. You said encounters. I responded.
    edited June 2013
    Do they

Edit: You asked if i knew how your abilities re stealth work. I responded. You said encounters break stealth i responded. There was nothing in your post about at wills. You said encounters. I responded.
    he was talking about at-wills and he also wrote that

just cause you ignored it to make oyu look superior doesnt make it right
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    he was talking about at-wills and he also wrote that

just cause you ignored it to make oyu look superior doesnt make it right

No being right makes me right. He said encounters.
    edited June 2013
    The class is built around using at-will abilities while in stealth

yeah, he CLEARLY, really clearly NEVER mentioned at-wills...never

oh wait, you just ignored it to feel superior

protip: you arent
    edited June 2013
    Do they

For the life of me I can't parse what you're trying to say with this post. Can you please explain what this has to do with what I wrote? Regardless, my point is that encounter abilities break stealth, and at-wills do not. If you change it so that any ability you use breaks stealth, then many feats become broken. For example, feats that give you increased action advantage while in stealth. That is now pointless since you would only be able to use one attack within stealth in the first place. Feats that increase stealth duration, or at-will damage while in stealth, or even at-will damage while not being targeted; are suddenly useless. The Saboteur paragon path as a whole would be nerfed to oblivion consider most of the feats include the requirement of "while Stealthed".

I feel like you're confused about what I was responding to, so I'll mention that I responding to this quote in particular: "I dont see why they have to be stealthed throughout an fight. They can start from stealth but once they engage it breaks."

All I said was that if this change was implemented, then rogue feats would have to be drastically changed. I think we can both agree with that, so what are we arguing about? We agree on this issue.
    Because you keep providing misinformation and lies. Do you want me to post them in this thread too or will you ignore them as well.

The existence of a perma-stealth build does not mean that the way At-Wills function should suddenly change for all rogues.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    For the life of me I can't parse what you're trying to say with this post. Can you please explain what this has to do with what I wrote? Regardless, my point is that encounter abilities break stealth, and at-wills do not. If you change it so that any ability you use breaks stealth, then many feats become broken. For example, feats that give you increased action advantage while in stealth. That is now pointless since you would only be able to use one attack within stealth in the first place. Feats that increase stealth duration, or at-will damage while in stealth, or even at-will damage while not being targeted; are suddenly useless. The Saboteur paragon path as a whole would be nerfed to oblivion consider most of the feats include the requirement of "while Stealthed".

I feel like you're confused about what I was responding to, so I'll mention that I responding to this quote in particular: "I dont see why they have to be stealthed throughout an fight. They can start from stealth but once they engage it breaks."

All I said was that if this change was implemented, then rogue feats would have to be drastically changed. I think we can both agree with that, so what are we arguing about? We agree on this issue.

The existence of a perma-stealth build does not mean that the way At-Wills function should suddenly change for all rogues.

You said encounters break stealth. Not all of them do and posted with the permastealth build. Simple. Why are you so confused.

Time and time again you make false statements.

Edit: just stop making false statements and I will not feel the need to call you out about them.

Deal
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    Lol @ Rogues whining about their class in PvP. Some people just whine for the sake of whining.
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    Lol @ Rogues whining about their class in PvP. Some people just whine for the sake of whining.

its not the rogues that are whining, its the unskilled players that are whining
    edited June 2013
    You said encounters break stealth. Not all of them do and posted with the permastealth build. Simple. Why are you so confused.

Edit: just stop making false statements and I will not feel the need to call you out about them.

Deal

And this is what I mean by you being disingenuous. When I say encounter abilities, you know I'm talking about Lashing Blade, ItC, etc. and not the ones specifically built around refilling stealth. You know that, but you want to keep playing this game of semantics. You're being intentionally silly and you know it. So, I have my own deal to make. From this moment on I'm just going to ignore any post of yours that isn't an actual attempt at having a conversation. I enjoy discussing this with you, but I'm not willing to do it in this manner. I am not going to write out every small exception to every statement I make, just because you feel like acting childish.
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »

It seems like everyone is whining. PvP seems to bring that out in everyone, regardless of what type of character you play.
    edited June 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by capgarnas View Post

Deal

And this is what I mean by you being disingenuous. When I say encounter abilities, you know I'm talking about Lashing Blade, ItC, etc. and not the ones specifically built around refilling stealth. You know that, but you want to keep playing this game of semantics. You're being intentionally silly and you know it. So, I have my own deal to make. From this moment on I'm just going to ignore any post of yours that isn't an actual attempt at having a conversation. I enjoy discussing this with you, but I'm not willing to do it in this manner. I am not going to write out every small exception to every statement I make, just because you feel like acting childish.

Lol you are rich I have to say Pink. You make broad statements like "You said encounters break stealth".

Now the uninformed come along and read your misinformation and they get confused by your lies. They spread your lies like a cancer. I don't like cancer.

As I have stated to you don't make false statements over and over again and I wont have to call you out about them.
    edited June 2013
    You can "call me out" all you like, I'm done talking with you. This is a much more friendly option that arguing constantly. We both benefit from this, so no need to argue anymore! ;)

In the interest of everyone else in the thread, I'll explain the point I was making. People are upset that damage-dealing abilities are usable from within stealth. My point was that most powerful encounter abilities, such as Lashing Blade, do in fact break stealth. The At-Wills however do not, and should not. If they did, then the feats would have to be changed drastically. PWI would essentially have to change the entire foundation of the class. They could certainly remove the encounters which refill stealth, which would instantly make perma-stealth builds impossible, but it would also cripple a lot a rogues play-styles which are fair and balanced.

The suggestion that rogues shouldn't be able to be in stealth and attack, is well - sort of pointless. PWI can't afford to change the entire feat tree at this time. They JUST did a rebalancing patch and this would be even bigger. It would be redesigning the entire rogue class. Too many abilities require stealth in order to be effective. If you really want to see perma-stealth builds disappear, you're going to have to come up with something else.

This thread is about what role you would like the rogue to play in PvP. I feel like it fulfills its role as a single target DPS class, but people seem to have problems with its ranged damage, powerful dailies, powerful encounters, strong at-wills, stealth, etc. I'm just not sure what can be done to make people happen, that won't drastically change the rogue's role.