Install Arc
Options

Duel Option!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2»

Comments

• Options
    volimtealenevolimtealene Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    totalz agree with you all in all statements and the points of agrees ...sooo pvp must be much iinpruved or this will kill the game in the and of the all
  • Options
    avang6avang6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep it going.
  • Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nah no dueling zone..i want to duel where and when i feel for it..just add the option to block duel requests for ppl that dont want them.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    ^ I'd go for this. Duel Optional Zone... Keep people from spamming Duels in other areas and confine to one location... Some form of "training hall" or "Dueling Pit" or other special zone.

And it is a pretty easy thing to do, even I could make a map like that and use one of the unused houses in protector's...
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    nah no dueling zone..i want to duel where and when i feel for it..just add the option to block duel requests for ppl that dont want them.

As mentioned above, the biggest problem with this is that for a lot of people "wherever and whenever" is always in the middle of a high traffic area like the AH, the wondrous bazaar or the shrine of the gods. This means people with lower end rigs end up getting choked out by the graphics spam and people trying to actually use the area for its intended purpose have to try and navigate around spell effects.
  • Options
    hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Yes, please!!! This is the only way I will ever learn how to beat GWF is by dueling them over and over again. You can restrict it to an area or just have to be flagged to receive requests. It's pretty simple to have it not bother people and a lot of us really want it.
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    +1

And also add a ranking system with potential matchmaking.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Everyone's got valid facts and information, but duel option would be a great add-on.
  • Options
    lloydtheonelloydtheone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WTB dueling!!!!
  • Options
    lance01xlance01x Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avang6 wrote: »
    Everyone's got valid facts and information, but duel option would be a great add-on.
    Indeed. Hope this add this soon.
  • Options
    konttuzor007konttuzor007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is just must! Always in every mmorpg first I see another player "duel , duel , duel" :D
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not even require a special area. "Not in town" would be nice, but anywhere else, go for it. People could even use foundry to make some nice arenas (with or without mobs) or trap filled mazes or whatever.

But Please let us turn it off if we do not want to duel, some people sit around in these types of games, spamming everyone with duel requests.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lit another torch! ~~
  • Options
    arradalearradale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Duels would definitely be nice =D

The suggestion of tourneys on the 1st page has my vote as well. It's a nice idea~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ~Duel Options is a must, in the sake of MMORPG we trust~
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Revive the topic!
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dueling is fun but there really isn't enough class depth in this game for it to have much weight on skill or the knowledge of your class.
    Its much like dueling with two LoL units, it really has very little to do with your ability to play the game well.

I'm sure they could have had dueling from the start like many other MMOs but like GW2 I'd bet they did not want to draw attention to the terrible hit detection present in the game.
  • Options
    woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unless it can somehow be used as a Zen / AD sink, it's not going to be added anytime soon.