A game that always grow, never dies!
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This Is Simply An Unfinished Game.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    With no effective way of farming AD, and all epic gear becoming BoP soon, I wouldn't worry too much about people buying everything in game through AD. I'd worry more about how anyone is going to get AD in the first place.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    dizznutzzdizznutzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    With no effective way of farming AD, and all epic gear becoming BoP soon, I wouldn't worry too much about people buying everything in game through AD. I'd worry more about how anyone is going to get AD in the first place.

Zen Market

Buy AD with Zen through ZEN Market... = Profit PWE/Cryptic
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    It is sad to say but there is actually more content in this game than there is many of the others I've played recently.

Name a game with less content then this game. You can't because it doesn't exist. No one cares about the opinion of a guy who plays two hours a day when it comes to End game content, btw.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dizznutzz wrote: »
    Now, let's all be honest here... by the time they actually FINISH this game... better titles will be out and managed by US/EU companies (not a subsidiary of a chinese firm).

This. Face it, this is the end all be all reason this game is horrible. I've given chances to a bunch of games, only to find out they suck in the most backwards ways and then later come to find out they are chinese based/owned. MAKES SENSE NOW. Go watch the episode of Vice about China. ALL those people care about is money, sooo much more so then the average american. Seriously watch it, then you'll understand why so much **** goes without being touched in this game, so long as they will still generate money.
  • Options
    cirzoncirzon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't compare this game vs other MMO's each one has it's own unique design yet copies the good stuff and tries to fix the bad stuff they see. Yes it might not be 100% but they are working on it to bring out new stuff as they can.
  • Options
    scripteazescripteaze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the OP, I have played wow for several years and the one thing that brought me here is that it's nothing like wow. in addition to what the OP said, i would like to add that there is so much that needs attention in this game that im going to just play something else until neverwinter is where it should be. I cant even go into a lvl 30 + dungeon without dying because the tanks cant hold agro against a high critting control wizard. Having no rez and having to stand in fire until my gear is back to 100% sucks as well.

I dont see the point of crafting either, you out lvl anything you can wear because it takes so **** long.

Im really shocked that they didnt charge me zen to post in this forum. I think they are more concerned with what they can get away with charging for and not enough about what the players want.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Zen Market

Buy AD with Zen through ZEN Market... = Profit PWE/Cryptic

For what?

If epic gear is BoP, and everything else anyone sells on AH can be bought with Zen, why bother? Why do we have a zen/AD conversion system at all?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    The foundry was supposed to alleviate content issues, but it is limited and the loot is so gimped. They could fix this by making foundry only loot drop...thats is loot that can be used only in foundries.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW is an unfinished game
    EQ is an unfinished game

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 VERY valid point
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, true. I've stopped paying for this UNFINISHED game after the AD/AH exploit! Honestly, I've spent approximately 500 USD on this game thus far and have NO plans on spending any additional funds. Now, let's all be honest here... by the time they actually FINISH this game... better titles will be out and managed by US/EU companies (not a subsidiary of a chinese firm).

But, to your point.... yes.. once players stop paying the game will get fixed a lot quicker!

This is a perfect example of why F2P is the model most new games are pursuing. If this were a sub based game you would be paid up for like the next 4 years. This on a game you aren't satisfied with.
  • Options
    cureforhumanitycureforhumanity Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good post. Somewhat how I feel about the game. Needs more variety across the board. I love being able to customize my characters in MMOs and don't really feel like I have any options to do that. Every TR I see walking around looks identical and does all the same exact things I do.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WoW is an unfinished game
    EQ is an unfinished game

:rolleyes:

Yes, because as we all know Eq and World of Warcraft being MMO's are Always evolving so that makes them Unfinished products. Man you must be smoking some good $hit to come up with some the dumbest replies to threads I've ever read. Neverwinter is An unfinished product, it was **** sure Not ready for Launch with all the issues it carried over to live. Taking a co-op hack-N-slash game, slapping the MMO label on it an marketing it as an MMO does not make it an MMO.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thread, different game.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of why F2P is the model most new games are pursuing. If this were a sub based game you would be paid up for like the next 4 years. This on a game you aren't satisfied with.

It's the model Most gaming companies are gravitating towards because most of these up and coming companies do not have the resources to compete in today's MMO market place with companies like Blizzard Entertainment. Even the larger companies that have come along to challenge Blizzard for a spot in the sun have all failed or switched from a sub based model to a f2p model with a cash shop, It's the only way they can hope to compete.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Same thread, different game.

And yet that statement seems to be applied to Cryptic and their masterpiece of a Game more so than any other game I've read about. At some point i'm sure things will change for the better and the game will take off, bringing in Large amounts of money/players. Just have to hang on for a few more years to see it profit.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    creator345creator345 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    For what?

If epic gear is BoP, and everything else anyone sells on AH can be bought with Zen, why bother? Why do we have a zen/AD conversion system at all?

You can ask the same question to GW2 gems/gold conversion and yet it works flawlessly in that game. People who don't have a lot of time to farm can buy it if they choose, plus cryptic needs the money to continue to support the game or do you want it to go bye-bye?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A sin is a terrible burden to bare, Remdemption is the only solution."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    And yet that statement seems to be applied to Cryptic and their masterpiece of a Game more so than any other game I've read about. At some point i'm sure things will change for the better and the game will take off, bringing in Large amounts of money/players. Just have to hang on for a few more years to see it profit.

Then I suggest playing more games, because "this is an unfinished game" has been said about EVERY MMO that I've been part of at least for the last decade...and that's been quite a few.

And you clearly weren't around the SWTOR forums at launch, if you think it applies to Cryptic more so then any other game. The anger here is amateur hour compared to what was there.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    creator345 wrote: »
    You can ask the same question to GW2 gems/gold conversion and yet it works flawlessly in that game. People who don't have a lot of time to farm can buy it if they choose, plus cryptic needs the money to continue to support the game or do you want it to go bye-bye?

Yes, lets compare Gw2 to an unfinished Neverwinter to try and further the argument a long. Both systems use a similar method of making money, point made. I don't think anyone would even argue against that, But the big difference is that when Gw2 Launched, it was successful because It did things the right way. It didn't have a Half-A$$ed launch where it carried over all the same issues it had from Open beta to live. It also didn't allow players to carry over all the items/money that they had from Beta to live either. I don't think any fan wants Neverwinter to Fail and Go (Bye-Bye), but I think Cryptic is doing a bang up job helping that process along on their own.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a D&D fan, or even a fantasy game fan, but I love Star Trek Online (and City of Heroes, back in the day) and wanted to see what Cryptic had come up with here. I surprisingly am enjoying this game so far. Sure, there are limitations of what you have to do, but most MMOs are like this in the beginning. Take a look at STO now and compare it to what the game was like at release 3 years ago, and you'll see all the huge improvements and additions NW has to look forward to.

I'll keep playing NW for awhile because I'm having a good time with it. If you're a true D&D fan, I'd encourage you to definitely stick with the game. It'll get much better with time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Then I suggest playing more games, because "this is an unfinished game" has been said about EVERY MMO that I've been part of at least for the last decade...and that's been quite a few.

And you clearly weren't around the SWTOR forums at launch, if you think it applies to Cryptic more so then any other game. The anger here is amateur hour compared to what was there.

First off YOU Have No clue how long I've been around in the gaming Community, so for you to even make a statement like that shows just how ignorant you really are. Secondly, the term Unfinished being applied to other MMOs is par for the course, every one who has an axe to grind uses that term as their starting point. Swtor had a Much better launch when I played then Neverwinter, it also brought In a hell of alot more players then Neverwinter has. Did Swtor have it's issues, of course it did, like any MMO that's launched before or after Swtor.

When I was there for Blizzards Launch of World of Warcraft it had it's fair share of issues, but the one thing it did right was that it tried to Minimize the amount of issues it had at lunch in the same way Swtor did. The big difference between those games and Neverwinter, Neverwinter didn't try to minimize anything. Everyone new from open beta the issues that plagued this game and yet here we are with ALL those very same issues in live.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    creator345 wrote: »

But they can't buy it, if it's BoP. That's my point.

And if Cryptic needed the money so badly, why release a way to buy everything with in-game currency?
  • Options
    cryogenius33cryogenius33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See, I grew UP playing forgotten realms games and reading books. The Heroes in the books were inspiring, and it left me with a fascination with this world... that this game clearly has not done justice to.
    The games all contained what could very well be considered a classic amongst character customization systems, running down from Gender, Race, Class, Alignment, stats, skills, perks, and finally facial/character customization.... and the entire system leaves you with that feeling if a fresh, unique character. Something that for the sake of the game you actually put time into.

I know most MMOs aren't built for people who are into lore... they are built for people who like to grind, because ALL MMOs eventually end up the same. With people grinding to high levels, then auctioning off random gear in the market square, people doing noobish stuff, and usually a wacked out, uber extended economy(It takes 2.8 MILLION AD to buy one item. didn't bother to remember what it was.)
    I suppose I just feel like the world wasn't ready to turn something designed to be as lore rich and fantastical as the Forgotten Realms into an MMO... but hey, that's where ALL the games are going isn't it. Nobody want to play by THEMSELVES anymore. Goodness no.
    I know its not finished... its nowhere near finished... but my faith in it is fading. Ill hold onto it longer, just because I want to see if they fix what so desperately needs to be fixed. I WANT to see this work... and I've NEVER wanted to see an MMO work.
  • Options
    shaalshaal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Badly need new parangon trees and new classes , think 95% nvw players will agree this.
    Need some regular new pvp content (, 20vs20 in epic pvpve fight tasting weird and will proly take way too long.)
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully it will remain unfinished so w always have something new.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    First off YOU Have No clue how long I've been around in the gaming Community, so for you to even make a statement like that shows just how ignorant you really are. Secondly, the term Unfinished being applied to other MMOs is par for the course, every one who has an axe to grind uses that term as their starting point. Swtor had a Much better launch when I played then Neverwinter, it also brought In a hell of alot more players then Neverwinter has. Did Swtor have it's issues, of course it did, like any MMO that's launched before or after Swtor.

When I was there for Blizzards Launch of World of Warcraft it had it's fair share of issues, but the one thing it did right was that it tried to Minimize the amount of issues it had at lunch in the same way Swtor did. The big difference between those games and Neverwinter, Neverwinter didn't try to minimize anything. Everyone new from open beta the issues that plagued this game and yet here we are with ALL those very same issues in live.

You try to insult me in the first sentence, then agree with me in the second? I notice you did this earlier too....that's a strange habit you have there.....

SWTOR had a "much better launch"? How so? What examples can you provide to back up that claim? They lost over a million subscriptions in just a few months. That may or may not happen here, but I think it's too early to tell.

As far as your second paragraph....being the MMO vet you are you do realize that the "issues from beta are in the live release" complaint is another one of those "said in every MMO" complaints, right?
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    This game doesn't have enough content to merit a launch. Simply put.

These seem to be the top issues that I keep rereading and hearing spoken of from my friends.

1. This is Dungeons and Dragons. 5 classes with one tree is extremely limited.
    2. End-game consists of one PvP map and a couple of dungeons, and that's it.
    3. There's nothing to go back to, all previous zones are useless, cannot be grinded, etc.
    4. Everybody is a carbon cut out of one another. Again, zero diversity.
    5. The Zen store is quite in-depth... ironically, costly and once you buy what you want, what next?
    6. You can convert Zen to AD, and use that AD to essentially get nearly everything in the game

These are huge issues. You can level a character to 60 in 36-48 hours here and if you try hard enough gear it out completely in a week.

Then what? Reroll a new character and do it all over again? That'd be fine if those things took several weeks.

So much is lackluster in this game. Professions take aeons and aren't very involved, the entire game is a race to get the same gear then strive for whatever mount and then it's back to the good ole Enclave to stride around and witness that awe inspiring diversity of repetitious aesthetics that strikes at the hearts of all.

Module 1 sounds terrible. You're giving us things that most of us clearly don't want.

Since launch it seems people are getting ready to leave in droves. The death of this game won't be the lack of content arriving steadfast, but rather nothing concrete to look forward to in the foreseeable future and hardly any current content.

With that said, I absolutely love the combat in this game and am saddened by the direction this is heading in.

Pretty much agree with all of it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, because as we all know Eq and World of Warcraft being MMO's are Always evolving so that makes them Unfinished products. Man you must be smoking some good $hit to come up with some the dumbest replies to threads I've ever read. Neverwinter is An unfinished product, it was **** sure Not ready for Launch with all the issues it carried over to live. Taking a co-op hack-N-slash game, slapping the MMO label on it an marketing it as an MMO does not make it an MMO.

And you seem to be very very invested in bashing this game

Hope it pays well.

Also, before you start spewing vitriol, you need to investigate issues that previous MMO's had at launch some which didn't get solved until a year or more later...but you aren't interested in logic or fact, you are just here to tear the game down.

I don't mind honest criticism I have had my share of it especially about the recent end of beta events and the DC's that still plague the game, but the hyperbole that you constantly spew out is obviously agenda based. If you don't like he game fine no one is pointing a glock to your head and forcing you to play.

The problem with people like you is, you constantly complain, yet never have the spine to move on, because then no one could hear your "words of wisdom" :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
This discussion has been closed.