test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@Cryptic/PWE: Why are you not delivering what your customers are asking for?

Comments

• psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok either you people are complete idiots or just wanting to argue, the ambisinister Community Moderator all but told you what you asked. Let me put it clearer elves = ranger bows class, they said something about primal looking equipment for wizards who knows what is coming in total.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm more concerned that even if they do introduce new classes / paragon paths, wheres the content to enjoy it?

I have 2 lvl 60 chars and haven't logged in since mid May; I'm sure there are people with more than that and in full tier 2.

If that is the case, are we expected to change paragon paths on our lvl 60 chars just so we can run content that's already been completed?

I appreciate the new classes will have to start at lvl 1 - but even if that draws people back for the 1-60 levelling (which is almost linear), it's the same old end-game dungeons that a lot of people have been farming / exploiting for weeks. The sheer levelling speed of this game means that a new zone that could take months of designing, testing and implementing can be completed in just a couple of hours to the average player. Those ratios just don't make commercial sense.

This game needed multiple starter areas, multiple levelling paths and more dungeons / end-game content FROM THE START. I think the co-op model that this game was originally designed to be is coming back to haunt it - the developers did a strong attempt at making this an MMORPG, but I think they may have fallenn short.

I'm not sure that adding the missing elements drip-by-drip is going to be enough to keep much of the playerbase interested, especially when other games are on the horizon (ESO & Wildstar), and others have just gone FTP (Rift). Heck even Everquest Next is being introduced at SOELive in August so that one is going to start building steam.
  • advengerkosadvengerkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My friend list has shrunk to nothing, my guild which is pretty hardcore is dieing daily. GG was a joke, people have been maxed gear for many weeks and the patch gave us nothing to do so everyone is leaving. Cryptic get some updates on times soon or you will have eliminated a huge amount of your dedicated player base.
  • hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I'd like to know is, for those of us who have elf characters now, will we be able to switch our character race to either Drow (when it comes out) or to a Moon or Sun elf without having to create a new character or pay for it? I mean really, who wants to be a measly Wood elf in a Forgotten Realms D&D game?
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    The planned expansion contains none of the 3 most requested things in my original post. It's quite obvious they are not considering what we want, and are implementing a whole bunch of other things to try to appease us; to distract us from the fact that they either can't or won't deliver on their promises of "soon".

Furthermore, in what universe do people get banned for finding bugs and exploits in a game that is supposedly in a "beta" state?
    The entire thing with the auction house/astral diamonds and their suspensions and bans is just proof that this game has in fact been in a "live" state for the past two months. In every game I've ever beta tested, finding such exploits and bugs are rewarded (definitely not PUNISHED), so that they are eliminated from the "live" version. This whole promise of not having wipes during open beta was in actuality a Head Start sort of thing, which encouraged people to spend their money/zen on things with the comfort that their progress would not be erased. Essentially, we Quality Tested their game for them, found major problems with it and that's that.

I digress, the topic is about wasting resources making a product their customers have expressed little interest in, in comparison to the very high interest in what they're not making.

If movie makers were more focused on making romantic comedies and children movies, when the masses are all screaming for more of the box office blockbuster Super Hero and Action movies (http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/), they would lose a quite sizeable amount of customers/money, don't you think?

You're kidding right? sure they wouldn't be banned if they didn't freaking take advantage of the exploit and buy up stocks of AD/Zen in the Astral Diamond Exchange, but no they exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it and got exactly what they deserved. same as the Enchantment exploit. send in a bug report and not exploit it to oblivion and then you won't be banned.

As for new class, take the time on making it, make it right so we won't have to wait a month+ for a patch to fix the broken class they release too earlier because of whiny players

Same goes with the Paragon Paths, make them right, let's not get buggy Feats that won't do anything or help us. I still have high hopes for this game and it's very fun to play minus the whiny players ofc.
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Little things like pet upgrade tomes, totally acceptable under the "beta" tag, still not in live game, totally unacceptable.

The op list is small considering.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    pffts patience, that's why I joined Darkside! No patience required!

And, we have cookies:D.
  • hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since before Open Beta test even began the community has been asking for many things. The top three most requested features are:

1) Additional classes, the majority seems to focus on ranger, with warlock being the very close 2nd, followed by some sort of paladin

2) More paragon paths for the existing classes, to add diversity to the class builds. As it stands, every Great Weapon Fighter is a Swordmaster, every CW a spellstorm mage etc.

3) Drow as a playable race

My question to you, the developers:
    Why are you spending your time and efforts on content we have not been asking for?

The module1 page shows no additional classes and no paragon paths. You have not released any sort of information or timeline concerning the two most requested things.

You are giving us Moon and Sun elves, when we want Drow.

You are manufacturing "Product Y" when your customers have been asking for "Product X".

why?

they already confirmed all that... but curious, you are asking "why are you spending time and effort on what we are not asking for" and seeing that they are spending most of the time fixing bugs and balancing classes... so I don't get your point at all
  • onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you notice my forum title, I am a Hero founder. I'm not that interested in Drow. I'm taking up the mantle of voicing community concerns because it's downright insulting to us that have supported them with our money to be supporting their development of content we have not been requesting.

You don't speak for the community, you speak for yourself
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Classes are coming. The game has been live for all of a couple days. Most MMO's get at least 6 months before people start looking for new classes.

2. More paragon paths would be nice, sure. As other have mentioned, we may see them either trickle out in the near future, or maybe with module 1. Or after. I'll content myself with finishing the storyline on my main and levelling my primary alt until then.

3. I could care less about the Drow. Besides, it was made clear that HotN people would have exclusive access to drow for *at least* 60 days after *launch*. just 57-58 to go before we even get close to that finish line...
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because they don't have to.
  • masonicgunkatamasonicgunkata Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic said they would put in more classes, so far no word on Warlock.

Cryptic said they would merge the servers, that's not happening.

Cryptic said they would put in more paragon paths, they don't talk at all about that.

Cryptic said they would put in Drow 60 days after launch, now we are getting Sun and Moon Elves.

So far all Cryptic has done is ignore the customers of this game and rather then learn from other games who did the same thing and are now dying like TORtanic. They keep going back on their word to us the paying players. So far I'm seeing the same thing happen on Neverwinter that I've seen happen on TOR and other games they ignore the players. Really all I'm seeing is a whole lot of arrogance from the dev's and the fanboys who are ignore those of us saying that this game has a ton of faults. Case in point there should have been a full wipe after the AD bug.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    They are making them. They just haven't confirmed more than the next class is a "ranged" class. They always said launch would only include 5 classes.

That is happening. Just not yet.

Cryptic said they would put in more paragon paths, they don't talk at all about that.
    Same deal with the classes. All good things in time.

Cryptic said they would put in Drow 60 days after launch, now we are getting Sun and Moon Elves.
    You are getting Sun and Moon Elves with Module 1. Drow will be coming at least 60 days after launch also.

Answers in Orange.

They haven't ignorede you. They did exactly as promised. Everything stated to occur for launch has happened. The future content is massively based on player feedback. Just read the Dev Blog.

The biggest issue is that players seem to have confused what was promised and what they wanted. Many of the big changes players want will be in Module 1. These things take time. Time that just wasn't available before launch. :)
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    so you added "at least" 60 days?not "at most"?...so now its not even a hard 60 days after launch?..OMG by the time this is over the story will be 60 years.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It has always been at least sixty days since the drow were made temporarily exclusive. ;)

However it's mainly there so that players don't say "you promised it on exactly 60 days." They likely have plans to release it with some other content so the release can't be dictated by an exact time period. The statement was made before even the start of Open Beta was finalized so there was no way to know for sure when "60 days" would be.

It could have caused big problems, especially if that date happens to be on a weekend.

I don't believe it will be much longer than sixty days. It's simply to avoid the specifics. :)
  • hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So far all Cryptic has done is ignore the customers of this game and rather then learn from other games who did the same thing and are now dying like TORtanic. They keep going back on their word to us the paying players. So far I'm seeing the same thing happen on Neverwinter that I've seen happen on TOR and other games they ignore the players. Really all I'm seeing is a whole lot of arrogance from the dev's and the fanboys who are ignore those of us saying that this game has a ton of faults. Case in point there should have been a full wipe after the AD bug.

Archer Is coming and they will add more, it is confirmed... it was never confirmed more than 5 at launch, and it was also confirmed that paragon would not come exactly at launch, they talked about that more than once btw

"Cryptic said they would put in Drow 60 days after launch"
    LOL... great man, you just need to wait 57 more days if that's the case

ps: if you think those last patches with pages of fixes any sign of Cryptic ignoring people, I don't know what would you even consider a medium standard service... and if you are talking about star wars the old republic, that is a game develope by Bioware, published by EA (one of the worst publishers and probably the worst f2p publisher), they are failling because of their business model, not their disregard to the community

and I found curious, entered in Champions Online, Star Trek online and NW and I see nothing even near to dying, would be curious to see where did you get this data from
  • dizznutzzdizznutzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wait until they start making you 'pay' for modules/expansions :) My recommendation is to dump this game NOW and hold out for something better!
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's why: They will only add new content when store sales drop. Then they bring new content to bring people back - get exposure etc.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dizznutzz wrote: »
    Just wait until they start making you 'pay' for modules/expansions :) My recommendation is to dump this game NOW and hold out for something better!

The day that Cryptic make you pay for modules/expansions is the day pigs fly.

Both Cryptic and PWE have a policy of all mission content is free, you pay for cosmetics and extra bonuses.

EDIT: To clarify, Cryptic have just released an entire 60 (25 romulan, 25 Klingon, 10 shared) levels of new content in STO for free and given everyone a free character slot to take advantage of this new content.

That's right, they gave away more than an entire levelling experience in content as well as new ships, uniforms and races as well as revamping one of the main shared social zones, all for free.
  • dizznutzzdizznutzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The day that Cryptic make you pay for modules/expansions is the day pigs fly.

Both Cryptic and PWE have a policy of all mission content is free, you pay for cosmetics and extra bonuses.

Go check out the post by PWE/Cryptic on module 1. It clearly states blah blah 'our first free module'... Why put the word 'free' in there if there isn't any other option? Exactly.
  • gazluz1974gazluz1974 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand threads like this. We play completely broken game, where top-tier dungeon is exploited 24/7 by most players, last boss farmed twice per hour etc. Prices of items from the dungeon fall rapidly every day, making the end-game content completely unrewarding if done the legit way....etc...

This hasn't been fixed for 2-3 weeks and you are asking about some new fancy features...

i agree they need to get rid of all the exploits in the dungeons.. but they have made promises in posts and then made the post disappear before they failed to come threw with said promise
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dizznutzz wrote: »
    Go check out the post by PWE/Cryptic on module 1. It clearly states blah blah 'our first free module'... Why put the word 'free' in there if there isn't any other option? Exactly.

Check my clarification up above, and the wording could just be to avoid people crying that they're going to charge for it.
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP is complete non-sense. The Dev's are following the the path they have shown us, and adapting to the player-base very consistently. Pointing out your pet-peeves as the top most requested items just floors me.
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Check my clarification up above, and the wording could just be to avoid people crying that they're going to charge for it.

Points well taken. Only time will tell :)
  • boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's just funny to see those complains. i've been playing online games since Ultima online and played mostly all the big name in beta and i can say i've rarely seen a game putting new stuff in the game for atleast 2-3 months( except if it was planned to be in the first month but had problem with the game itself, bugs, exploit) and NWo is just the samething. And it's just not true that Cryptic doesn't listen to the community with what i've seen so far in this game and in Champions online. Check at the patch note most of the time they fix things that people found, the make changes that people sugest, well you check the Patch note from the class balancing and they'res lots of stuff in it that comes from the community.

I just think the OP didnt play lots of mmorp right at the start. and i think the mistake Cryptic did is they didn't do any wipes at the end of the open beta and that's why some people like the OP complain because we've already pass trough the game and we don't have lots to do.

i understand Cryptic to put more content that what the real majority wants cause they're gonna be bored and just leave. and more content means more $$$ for the company since this is A FREE GAME FROM THE START so that means no 60$ per box at the release compare to most of the other online games.

Well for me i know i can count on Cryptic to deliver a great game, just need to give the time to lunch. But hey!

When we gonna get our dev back on CO!!!!!!! Don't let this jewel dying!
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    boudeba wrote: »
    It's just funny to see those complains. i've been playing online games since Ultima online and played mostly all the big name in beta and i can say i've rarely seen a game putting new stuff in the game for atleast 2-3 months( except if it was planned to be in the first month but had problem with the game itself, bugs, exploit) and NWo is just the samething. And it's just not true that Cryptic doesn't listen to the community with what i've seen so far in this game and in Champions online. Check at the patch note most of the time they fix things that people found, the make changes that people sugest, well you check the Patch note from the class balancing and they'res lots of stuff in it that comes from the community.

I just think the OP didnt play lots of mmorp right at the start. and i think the mistake Cryptic did is they didn't do any wipes at the end of the open beta and that's why some people like the OP complain because we've already pass trough the game and we don't have lots to do.

i understand Cryptic to put more content that what the real majority wants cause they're gonna be bored and just leave. and more content means more $$$ for the company since this is A FREE GAME FROM THE START so that means no 60$ per box at the release compare to most of the other online games.

Well for me i know i can count on Cryptic to deliver a great game, just need to give the time to lunch. But hey!

Horrible grammar, horrible spelling, horribly selective memory(if true at all), horribly blind Cryptic fanboy. Enjoy your **** pile with cologne sprayed on it.
  • boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    Horrible grammar, horrible spelling, horribly selective memory(if true at all), horribly blind Cryptic fanboy. Enjoy your **** pile with cologne sprayed on it.

Sorry if my first language is not english.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    boudeba wrote: »

Ignore the ad hominem attacks on you, and not having English as your first language is not a crime.

But let's look at and dissect your post.
    It's just funny to see those complains. i've been playing online games since Ultima online and played mostly all the big name in beta and i can say i've rarely seen a game putting new stuff in the game for atleast 2-3 months( except if it was planned to be in the first month but had problem with the game itself, bugs, exploit) and NWo is just the samething.

your argument is basically saying "I've not played better, so this game is fine" that's all. In a nutshell you can boil it down to those few words. That means this point is just purely subjective, until you offer up proof that this game is up to standard in this regard or matching it's competitor's it's irrelevant. And that doesn't mean that you can simply put blinders on and ignore other mmog's because they're not RPG's either.
    And it's just not true that Cryptic doesn't listen to the community with what i've seen so far in this game and in Champions online. Check at the patch note most of the time they fix things that people found, the make changes that people sugest, well you check the Patch note from the class balancing and they'res lots of stuff in it that comes from the community.

Gameplay changes which where BADLY needed, and still nothing about their monetization has changed despite HUGE backlash over it. Then there's the bugs, which were ignored for weeks before they reached critical mass. Are you talking about the same team here that we've seen? I honestly don't think so. The community didn't need to tell them that stacking was going to be a problem, it still is with GF's from what I've seen. Did their large balance patch do a lot for the game? I'm sure it did of course. That doesn't immediately mean we should sing praises beyond the credit that's due.

While controversial, the whole "beta" thing is only controversial because they're accepting MONEY and have a working cash shop while a LOT of things are not working and continue to be on the "to do" list. With a market intertwined with their cash shop so absolutely exploiters have been messing up this game from the get go, and the exploits once again have been left there until they've become highly damaging, and existed identically in other games by the same team... recurring identical bugs? that's NOT a good sign, EVER.
    since this is A FREE GAME FROM THE START

Free does not exclusively translate into "lacking" or "bad" also, this sort of F2P model usually is more lucrative than the outdated subscription model. Look once again for the millionth time to league of legends, and see how much money they're practically printing.

To add to this, You're entitled to your opinion, but please make sure you apply more logic and are better informed before making them known on the forum or else you're just leaving yourself open to possibly unfair critique.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So much lol worthy material here but I'll be brief....
    psion6 wrote: »
    So the Op is wasting time by stating truth?

Whose truth? It may be your and his truth but don't go around slapping a universal truism on something most of us don't agree with.
    The devs may or may not listen, but there's a valuable lesson to be learned here from SWTOR. They also didn't listen to what their customers wanted, and it lost them millions of players for not listening to their community.

What lost them millions was a bad business model, and wooing hardcore raiders while ignoring the players that was actually there for more than just e-peen I was at the summit in Austin, it was just like the one SOE had with the EQ players back in the day; hardcores demanding ridiculous concessions and exclusivity. By the end of the event Bioware knew they made a mistake.
    I happen to agree with this issue. I think they are focusing internal resources on the wrong things. What people at the end-game want are:

You are speculating, you have no, zero, nada, clue what they are focusing on all you know is they aren't doing what you want now.

SWTOR and the massive exodus of their playerbase is the biggest example of what could happen to NW if they do not listen. They would be wise to heed the advice of the folks in this thread, as it gives a pretty good outline of the pulse of the people.

Threats are stupid at this point, yes SWTOR had a massive exodus, but since the F2P conversion those servers are heavy to very heavy most nights. Is the game a WoW killer? No, but in the great scheme of things they aren't doing bad at all, also Cryptic has said they aren't trying to compete with WoW.

Heeding the advice of Armchair developers is perhaps the worst advice they can take, they have their roadmap, (which is internal) their milestones, and a couple decades of experience in actually making MMO's. They need to stick with those and ignore the crying by an impatient minority, the same minority that predicted STO's death prematurely.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why is this thread still alive? Does it serve any purpose anymore?
This discussion has been closed.