test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is simply an unfinished game.

whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This game doesn't have enough content to merit a launch. Simply put.

These seem to be the top issues that I keep rereading and hearing spoken of from my friends.

1. This is Dungeons and Dragons. 5 classes with one tree is extremely limited.
2. End-game consists of one PvP map and a couple of dungeons, and that's it.
3. There's nothing to go back to, all previous zones are useless, cannot be grinded, etc.
4. Everybody is a carbon cut out of one another. Again, zero diversity.
5. The Zen store is quite in-depth... ironically, costly and once you buy what you want, what next?
6. You can convert Zen to AD, and use that AD to essentially get nearly everything in the game

These are huge issues. You can level a character to 60 in 36-48 hours here and if you try hard enough gear it out completely in a week.

Then what? Reroll a new character and do it all over again? That'd be fine if those things took several weeks.

So much is lackluster in this game. Professions take aeons and aren't very involved, the entire game is a race to get the same gear then strive for whatever mount and then it's back to the good ole Enclave to stride around and witness that awe inspiring diversity of repetitious aesthetics that strikes at the hearts of all.

Module 1 sounds terrible. You're giving us things that most of us clearly don't want.

Since launch it seems people are getting ready to leave in droves. The death of this game won't be the lack of content arriving steadfast, but rather nothing concrete to look forward to in the foreseeable future and hardly any current content.

With that said, I absolutely love the combat in this game and am saddened by the direction this is heading in.
Post edited by whoamark on

Comments

• Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree with 95% of this.

However, "Module 1 sounds terrible. You're giving us things that most of us clearly don't want." I don't agree with that. New zones, new quests, new races, new professions, new dungeon(s?), new gear, possibly-more-as-well... You're saying that most people don't want these things...?

All it means is that extra Paragon Classes haven't been announced yet. They might be earlier than M1, they might be later, they might be released during it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    I agree with 95% of this.

However, "Module 1 sounds terrible. You're giving us things that most of us clearly don't want." I don't agree with that. New zones, new quests, new races, new professions, new dungeon(s?), new gear, possibly-more-as-well... You're saying that most people don't want these things...?

All it means is that extra Paragon Classes haven't been announced yet. They might be earlier than M1, they might be later, they might be released during it.
    Okay, it doesn't sound terrible terrible, but I really felt sad when I skimmed all of it looking for anything to do with classes or a new class the first I read it. New professions don't excite me in the least, new zones could be interesting, I'm curious to see how quests will play out in those, but I predict dungeons will be much of the same thing. Gear quickly then back to the city.

I just want some longevity in this game, hell even something to grind, and I usually despise grinding.

Mainly I'm looking for some variety in this game, I want my character to feel different.
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think the fact that there's nothing about Classes/Paragon Paths is a good thing. While it means there's no certainty of when they're coming, it means that there's the possibility of them being released before the Module.

Eagerly awaiting a new class~ Any class.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It is sad to say but there is actually more content in this game than there is many of the others I've played recently. It is f2p so expecting subscription level content is unreasonable especially this early in the piece. To be honest I'm surprised they have released any new content so soon after "Open Beta"

More content would be great but since it doesnt cost me anything but casual time there is more than enough to keep me entertained
  • Options
    xictusxictus Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with much of the original posters thread. I have three level 60s but not much desire to queue up for PUG dungeons very often. That just isn't my play style. Your mileage may vary. I'd love if it I could manually enter elite dungeons myself to explore or with smaller groups but for some reason that isn't allowed. I'm concerned there isn't much end game content beyond dungeon queues or PVP. The PvP and Gauntgrym stuff is ok I suppose but I think the original OP nailed it in #2 and #3.

I realize people will make the obligatory remarks on the game is new etc. Maybe. I'm wondering here though if there is a design philosophy that is the issue in the development of the game. Throwing occasional new content out isn't going to fix that because there is no content reuse (besides the aforementioned) and the game is exceedingly simple to level in. The crafting system is also trivial and just takes time (most of it done offline if you like). No housing, no trophies (the achievement system is a good idea but lacks depth), no content grinding after 60 except for dungeon loot (and that is easily available off the auction house as an alternative). I want Neverwinter to have legs but I"m concerned they don't seem to see the aforementioned as significant problems (based at least on what they tell us they are working on) which concerns me. Perhaps they have all this well in hand and just aren't communicating yet. I hope so, I have a lot of passion for D&D but so far they've missed the rich tapestry that is the D&D in both lore, diversity of class, flexibility, and ultimately a sense of immersion. Anyway, just my opinion, I'm sure there are many who see it otherwise.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    You can level a character to 60 in 36-48 hours here and if you try hard enough gear it out completely in a week.

That's nothing! You should have seen Neverwinter Nights 1. If you played the official campaign you could level to cap in a few hours. Not that you had to, because you could roll any level character you wanted, and give them any gear you wanted.
    I absolutely love the combat in this game.

The game gives you as much combat as you want, of whatever type you want, for as long as you want it. If you get bored of grinding on a level, you can make a new one. This game is a grinder's dream. Also, RP. This is seriously the most RP mmorpg ever released.
    Mainly I'm looking for some variety in this game, I want my character to feel different.

Everything in M1 seems geared to do just that - new cosmetics, new gear sets, new campaign perk system. Yes, the game needs new classes and races, but those will come in time. I personally want a Drow Arachnomancer, a Dragonkin Avenging Paladin, a Diva War Marshal, and a Genasi Psion, but I bet it will be a long time before I get to play that one.
    I just want some longevity in this game, hell even something to grind, and I usually despise grinding.

The real endgame is grinding stars. I am only 3 achievements away from my book imp!
    xictus wrote: »
    No housing, no trophies (the achievement system is a good idea but lacks depth), no content grinding after 60 except for dungeon loot (and that is easily available off the auction house as an alternative).

No housing? I don't just have a house, I have a whole village. Seriously the only mmo housing system that even comes close to the power of the Foundry is SWG, and that is not even online anymore.
  • Options
    hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

These seem to be the top issues that I keep rereading and hearing spoken of from my friends.

3. There's nothing to go back to, all previous zones are useless, cannot be grinded, etc.
    5. The Zen store is quite in-depth... ironically, costly and once you buy what you want, what next?
    6. You can convert Zen to AD, and use that AD to essentially get nearly everything in the game

These are huge issues. You can level a character to 60 in 36-48 hours here and if you try hard enough gear it out completely in a week.

Then what? Reroll a new character and do it all over again? That'd be fine if those things took several weeks.

So much is lackluster in this game. Professions take aeons and aren't very involved, the entire game is a race to get the same gear then strive for whatever mount and then it's back to the good ole Enclave to stride around and witness that awe inspiring diversity of repetitious aesthetics that strikes at the hearts of all.

Module 1 sounds terrible. You're giving us things that most of us clearly don't want.

Since launch it seems people are getting ready to leave in droves. The death of this game won't be the lack of content arriving steadfast, but rather nothing concrete to look forward to in the foreseeable future and hardly any current content.

With that said, I absolutely love the combat in this game and am saddened by the direction this is heading in.

although I do agree about the lack of content so far... this has nothing to do with being unfinished... most games that I've played since Beta launched with as much as this... yes, there were some with a higher standard, and it is a shame that this game didn't have that in the launch considering its hype, but, I also understand the lack of content as a focus on fixing the problems they had and changing the game to along with the community feedback

so yes, slow and "meh" launch, but the game already have more content and story than many games that are out for years now
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I agree that the game is unfinished, I find that most of the games that come out nowadays are. The fact that they can easily update on the fly has made producers lazy. However I think it is what it is, and this game still has quite a bit to offer. It may not be mature for another 6 months, and may not get really good till later than that, but it seems to have a lot going for it that could possibly be parlayed into a really great game. If you don't feel like it's enough for you now, come back in 6 months. It will either be a lot better, or it will be gone. Either way you will have your answer.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think that the game is designed to please casual players. The 36-48 hours you mention to level to 60 could be a month for some players. Perhaps Cryptic has designed the game so that the casual players buy zen.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    It is sad to say but there is actually more content in this game than there is many of the others I've played recently. It is f2p so expecting subscription level content is unreasonable especially this early in the piece. To be honest I'm surprised they have released any new content so soon after "Open Beta"

More content would be great but since it doesnt cost me anything but casual time there is more than enough to keep me entertained

Shut up about the standard well its F2P model cry. They make just as much or more then a subscription game with the zen store.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The users are to blame. When users stop paying for half finished games, companies will only have one recourse, to stop selling them half finished games. Paying for unfinished products sends the message that they can release unfinished products. So they do.
  • Options
    hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    I think that the game is designed to please casual players. The 36-48 hours you mention to level to 60 could be a month for some players. Perhaps Cryptic has designed the game so that the casual players buy zen.

Just a thought.

kinda agree with the casual, not for the cash shop or difficulty itself (this game can be hard xD), but is not an immersive world, it is a game that leaves you no regreat leaving it for a day or even a weak... at least for now, maybe that's what they want till they get content anyway

but I've played Cryptic games, they are quite immersive and full of content... maybe we will have to wait if this is what they want to the game or if this is a slow launch to fix main problems

nice game, still not "THE MMO" I was looking for =/
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am really holding out hope that Cryptic can fix the issues that seem to be plaguing this game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Just a thought.
    I played fairly casually leveling my first character to 60. Really didn't take long.

The Zen to AD exchange feels almost as bad as the Diablo 3 AH, and look what that did to that game. It's only as of lately starting to get back on its feet from what I've heard. I have no issues with in-game stores so much as issues with using real money to get an advantage in a game and converting real money to in-game money that can be used to buy almost everything is too much for me. These shops should only be used for purchasing slots, boosts to your character, mounts and sexy cosmetics.

I will say that with enough content NW is the kind of game I would pay a subscription to play.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have no issues with in-game stores so much as issues with using real money to get an advantage in a game and converting real money to in-game money that can be used to buy almost everything is too much for me. These shops should only be used for purchasing slots, boosts to your character, mounts and sexy cosmetics.

I hate to beak it to you but every mmo has the same issues with players using real money to get an advantage. The only difference is that in Neverwinter players are not forced to use a 3rd party to do so.
  • Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but even their flagship game took 6 months minimum to get a decent high level; this game is so stupidly easy you gain levels per hour even in the 5X range. That is not even close to being a grinders dream; it is in fact a grinders nightmare.

The way they set this game up even neutered the one thing that would have given this game longevity: The Foundry. Ooh yay, I can level up the new class! For what **** reason? It's the same generic junk to play to get end game gear anyways. And what is the point of end game enchants and gear anyways? So I can utterly annihilate lesser geared 60s in PvP? So I can twink my alts and utterly destroy others in PvP with no skill required?

I quit playing their flagship game when I was in the new mid-range of power; I could 1 hit lesser people, but would die to the top tier gered players. So I could remove all challenge and top gear myself as well, but for what? I don't beat myself to 1 shotting everyone in PvP; I want an engaging PvP that let's player skill shine over credit cards. I will never have a character running around with flameing armor, because I might as well shout out how badly I suck that I need such an advantage to win in PvP.

And the sad part is, that is already here in Neverwinter. At least their flagship game took over a year to sink to that level; and even then, it was still close for another 2 years. This game couldn't even last 3 months.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Just a thought.

Got it in one. Just take a look at the other Cryptic games. They are ALL VERY casual friendly. Champions, you can level in a weekend with Alerts. Sure youll be missing out on 90% of the game. But folks do it to themselves and then complain. STO is fairly similar.

There is nothing wrong with a game that has a casual slant to it. Any more then hard core games out there. The problem is when someone goes into the wrong game and expects it to be something its not.

You can argue that casual games are foolish. You can try to convince folks that the harder, deeper, more difficult games are where the player retention is. Although that might be hard to prove. The point is, this is how Cryptic does games. It can be argued that NW has the highest challenge level of any of their games. Although i've not done an STO STF in some time, i'm sure a player will correct me if im wrong. They arn't going to suddenly change how things are done, after doing them this way for years.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMO 90% of all the problems came about due to the fact that leveling was so fast. Had it been slower, making you complete lower lvl dungeons/skirmishes more often(atleast once in some cases), then they would have had time. Time needed to add more content before everyone was forced to sit in the PEnclave all day while waiting for DD. I mean we are what, 3 days out of launch and I would estimate that 90% of the player base has at least 1 lvl 60 character.

However, over all for a f2p game its not to bad, true it could use ALOT more to provide a stable longevity but we will have to give it time.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree. /10 chars
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    IMO 90% of all the problems came about due to the fact that leveling was so fast. Had it been slower, making you complete lower lvl dungeons/skirmishes more often, then they would have had time to add more content before everyone was forced to sit in the PEnclave all day while waiting for DD. I mean we are what 3 days out of launch and I was estimate that 90% of the player base has atleast 1 lvl 60 character.

TRUTH! I actually missed a few skirmishes, 'cos I was in the middle of a campaign quest, only to find myself leveling up, from the xp gain, pushing me OUT of the level limit for the skirmishes. That was *VERY* annoying, especially finding out that I can't even do epic versions when my characters hit 60th level.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That was always the way..why sit around for three hours begging for a group when you can get better armor in three hours than you can get from that dungeon?. I never ran one dungeon until 60 for this very reason.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I agree with this. We've waited 2 months for their "open beta" to end and still not much improvements from what this game was like when it actually launched back in May. The much anticipated and extremely hyped up Gauntlgyrm turned out to be a major dud. A buggy pile of poo that forces people to play it whenever Cryptic says you can play it and you need to be in a guild to play it. Such a big pile of poo, they had to shut it down right after they launched it and still unavailable to play for at least another 2 days.

My biggest gripe with this game, other than having very little end-game content, is the fact that they allow major exploits and bugs to stay in the game for weeks at a time. It's now been 17 days since the Castle Never window exploit has been discovered, 15 days since it was reported. They tried to fix it by putting an invisible wall where people fell through the map. The invisible wall didn't work. It took exploiters less than a minute to figure out you just walk around the invisible wall and fall through the map just like how you would before they tried to fix it. The exploiting on that map is rampant. You can reach the final boss of this game within 10 minutes by doing this exploit and farm him all day. Still no fix, still no bans.

My other major gripe is the fact that they allow botters free reign on the game. They've been botting on multiple account for weeks, with no fear of getting banned or getting the millions of AD they botted erased. Stacks of 99 Enchants are still being put on the AH every hour. Stacks of 999 crafting mats are still being put on the AH every hour. Some of the gold (AD) farmers have even cornered the shirts and pants market on the AH. Gold (AD) spammers spam the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of zone chat all day, while legit players often get 24 hour chat/mail banned due to Cryptic's terrible automated banning system because they are too cheap to hire actual GMs and customer service reps.

To sum it all up, this game is garbage. It's been nothing but a cash grab from PWE and Cryptic, just like I said back when the game first launched (I was wrong about graphics being bad). I held out hope Cryptic might actually improve and fix this game, adding some decent content during their "open beta." Sadly, what I and several others have said 2 months ago proved to be spot on. It's disappointing because Neverwinter has a great combat system that I love and has very good graphics for a MMO with amazing-looking art direction. It's all for naught because the game designer(s)/director(s) and programmers are so fail at their job.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The casual player plays an MMO for three months and then loses interest even if there is more content.
    The enthusiast is a long time player who can be tricked into staying: just create the prospect of upcoming new content.

The casual players create the most amount of revenue and are thus the most important.
    The enthusiasts are only tolerated if they do not reduce the main revenue stream.

You sir, as a poster on this forum, are an enthusiast.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The casual player plays an MMO for three months and then loses interest even if there is more content.
    The enthusiast is a long time player who can be tricked into staying: just create the prospect of upcoming new content.

The casual players create the most amount of revenue and are thus the most important.
    The enthusiasts are only tolerated if they do not reduce the main revenue stream.

You sir, as a poster on this forum, are an enthusiast.

Yeah because there aren't millions of casuals that pay and play WoW and other MMOs for longer than 3 months.

Yeah because "enthusiasts" don't pay for games they play if the content is actually worth paying for.

Care to try again with your illogical and factually incorrect assumptions?

You sir, are also posting on this forum. What's your point?
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My point is that the developers are not targeting the players which have enough time to finish all of the content and then post about it on the forum.

They simply care more about the casuals. From a casual gamers perspective the game has PLENTY of content. Enough to make them stay for a few months which is the main requirement of the F2P model.

Making the devs move their focus to the enthusiasts and give them what they want is just a pipe dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My point is that the developers are not targeting the players which have enough time to finish all of the content and then post about it on the forum.

They simply care more about the casuals. From a casual gamers perspective the game has PLENTY of content. Enough to make them stay for a few months which is the main requirement of the F2P model.

Making the devs move their focus to the enthusiasts and give them what they want is just a pipe dream.

It's not just the "enthusiasts" (I'd rather say core players) that want a less buggy and exploitable game with enough content to satisfy EVERYONE. Even casual players can level up to 60 within a week in this game. The rich casuals that spend the money, get completely geared out immediately after they hit 60 because everything is Bind on Equip, so they just buy all of their gear from the AH instead of actually earning it by doing dungeons over and over. Then what's left for the casuals? Nothing but to get owned in PvP because they're casuals. Then what happens? They quit and stop buying Zen.

That's just the casuals. Core players stay for the long haul. However, there's is nothing in this game to stay for once you get geared out. Core players need more than the same buggy and exploitable dungeons to run for the 100th time. Core players need more than the imbalanced and limited PvP in this game. Again, core players also pay for things in the game. Your assumption that only casuals buy Zen is simply incorrect.

The problem is, Neverwinter has nothing for either the casuals nor core players. Sure, the casuals will be tricked into playing and paying for this game a little bit longer, but most of the core players have already quit or are taking a long break from this game. They've already tricked us once with their Gauntlgyrm promises. They're trying to trick everyone again with their Module 1 carrot on a stick promises. Fool me once, shame on you (Cryptic/PWE). Fool me twice, shame on me (us, the players).
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I'm pretty sure they did target the hardcore enthusiast, with the promise of letting them play with the dev tools.
    To sum it all up, this game is garbage.

When it comes down to it, all games are garbage. "A foolish expedient for making idle people believe they are doing something clever when they are only wasting their time."
  • Options
    masonicgunkatamasonicgunkata Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with this. We've waited 2 months for their "open beta" to end and still not much improvements from what this game was like when it actually launched back in May. The much anticipated and extremely hyped up Gauntlgyrm turned out to be a major dud. A buggy pile of poo that forces people to play it whenever Cryptic says you can play it and you need to be in a guild to play it. Such a big pile of poo, they had to shut it down right after they launched it and still unavailable to play for at least another 2 days.

My biggest gripe with this game, other than having very little end-game content, is the fact that they allow major exploits and bugs to stay in the game for weeks at a time. It's now been 17 days since the Castle Never window exploit has been discovered, 15 days since it was reported. They tried to fix it by putting an invisible wall where people fell through the map. The invisible wall didn't work. It took exploiters less than a minute to figure out you just walk around the invisible wall and fall through the map just like how you would before they tried to fix it. The exploiting on that map is rampant. You can reach the final boss of this game within 10 minutes by doing this exploit and farm him all day. Still no fix, still no bans.

My other major gripe is the fact that they allow botters free reign on the game. They've been botting on multiple account for weeks, with no fear of getting banned or getting the millions of AD they botted erased. Stacks of 99 Enchants are still being put on the AH every hour. Stacks of 999 crafting mats are still being put on the AH every hour. Some of the gold (AD) farmers have even cornered the shirts and pants market on the AH. Gold (AD) spammers spam the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of zone chat all day, while legit players often get 24 hour chat/mail banned due to Cryptic's terrible automated banning system because they are too cheap to hire actual GMs and customer service reps.

To sum it all up, this game is garbage. It's been nothing but a cash grab from PWE and Cryptic, just like I said back when the game first launched (I was wrong about graphics being bad). I held out hope Cryptic might actually improve and fix this game, adding some decent content during their "open beta." Sadly, what I and several others have said 2 months ago proved to be spot on. It's disappointing because Neverwinter has a great combat system that I love and has very good graphics for a MMO with amazing-looking art direction. It's all for naught because the game designer(s)/director(s) and programmers are so fail at their job.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with everything.

Tell the truth? I was starting to like this game however after reading everything people are saying about it. I found myself nodding and saying how right everyone was. Much like TOR this game has no end game content, there's anything done to fix what's wrong with this title. If it was a good game? Then people would be playing it. And I'm starting not to see people playing it anymore.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    That's nothing! You should have seen Neverwinter Nights 1. If you played the official campaign you could level to cap in a few hours. Not that you had to, because you could roll any level character you wanted, and give them any gear you wanted.

The game gives you as much combat as you want, of whatever type you want, for as long as you want it. If you get bored of grinding on a level, you can make a new one. This game is a grinder's dream. Also, RP. This is seriously the most RP mmorpg ever released.

Everything in M1 seems geared to do just that - new cosmetics, new gear sets, new campaign perk system. Yes, the game needs new classes and races, but those will come in time. I personally want a Drow Arachnomancer, a Dragonkin Avenging Paladin, a Diva War Marshal, and a Genasi Psion, but I bet it will be a long time before I get to play that one.

The real endgame is grinding stars. I am only 3 achievements away from my book imp!

No housing? I don't just have a house, I have a whole village. Seriously the only mmo housing system that even comes close to the power of the Foundry is SWG, and that is not even online anymore.

Uups...you did it again...

No seriously, you win.

Btw, I've heard that the Nobel Prizes will include a category for MMOs next time, just to be able to award the creators of NW and put them in a line with Ernest Hemingway, Marie Curie or the Dalai Lama, where they clearly belong.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    dizznutzzdizznutzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    The users are to blame. When users stop paying for half finished games, companies will only have one recourse, to stop selling them half finished games. Paying for unfinished products sends the message that they can release unfinished products. So they do.

So, true. I've stopped paying for this UNFINISHED game after the AD/AH exploit! Honestly, I've spent approximately 500 USD on this game thus far and have NO plans on spending any additional funds. Now, let's all be honest here... by the time they actually FINISH this game... better titles will be out and managed by US/EU companies (not a subsidiary of a chinese firm).

But, to your point.... yes.. once players stop paying the game will get fixed a lot quicker!
This discussion has been closed.