test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats wrong with The Neverwinter Community?

2»

Comments

• Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crystal7j wrote: »
    I am lost on how someone d/c from a party makes them jerks? I've been saying for ages that every mmo should have 10 man parties because people quit. They just do. They always have in free or pay games. Real life is more important than an mmo and that's how it should be.

That gets brought up in every single MMO as an excuse to never implement a punishment. Bad connection that frequently causes D/Cs, stupid kid put of homework and mom is makeing him do it then, etc.

The thing is, it actually works more for the punishment method. If they D/C so dang often from bad connection, they really shouldn't be running an instance when they already know beyond a doubt their connection won't let them stay on that long. The dumb kid should have done their freaking homework earlier so they could play, etc.

In the end a leave penalty will only be a once in a while issue for someone with a legitimate issue of D/C from the game breaking and such. And in return, they don't have to deal with all the other people who are basically guaranteed to D/C every single time by virtue of the very excuse they are useing.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    advoc wrote: »
    That gets brought up in every single MMO as an excuse to never implement a punishment. Bad connection that frequently causes D/Cs, stupid kid put of homework and mom is makeing him do it then, etc.

The thing is, it actually works more for the punishment method. If they D/C so dang often from bad connection, they really shouldn't be running an instance when they already know beyond a doubt their connection won't let them stay on that long. The dumb kid should have done their freaking homework earlier so they could play, etc.

In the end a leave penalty will only be a once in a while issue for someone with a legitimate issue of D/C from the game breaking and such. And in return, they don't have to deal with all the other people who are basically guaranteed to D/C every single time by virtue of the very excuse they are useing.

The problem with this is that there should in no way be a punishment for people who live in areas with bad internet connection. We all have the same right as you to play a game and not be punished for something out of our control.
  • Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    The problem with this is that there should in no way be a punishment for people who live in areas with bad internet connection. We all have the same right as you to play a game and not be punished for something out of our control.

Except for the fact that the one constantly is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 4 or 9 people over for their own selfish wants. Again, if it is only once in a while, then the penalty is not that big a deal. If it happens multiple times a day, then apparently your internet is telling you to not play MMOs. I mean, even third world countries have better internet than that; I know, because I've been in one and had no problems playing consisitently except for a 2 hour time frame where I would not do any multi-player content. I'm not enough of an ******* to knowingly subject others to my bad internet when I already know a D/C is guaranteed.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mcleod71 wrote: »
    sadly this is the kind of community u end up w in free to play games cuz ppl have nothing to lose so they do whatever they want saw 3 ppl myself included tonight get ripped off in trade by some scumbag

Ya its all on the idiots doing the trading fault dont ever even think of saying the dev's dont have anything to do with it. They could of coded the trade box to stop that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from happening. But hey the games F2P dont expect anything good from the dev's cause you only expect better coding from a Subscription based game.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Something needs to be done about ppl asking for leader ..killing boss and booting all those he doesn't want to get loot too.
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »

I can't agree with that because it literally flies in the face of logic. It's akin to saying someone who has a contagious and debilitating disease shouldn't be put into quarantine because he has the same right to freedom as everyone else.

The problem is not "everyone else" the problem is the person with connection issues. I was unlucky enough to end up on three separate queues with a CW who kept d/c , the third time I put him on ignore. I'm sorry, but people with really bad connection issues who repeatedly que for events KNOWING they're going to be d/c'd is just punishing anyone unlucky enough to get queued with them.

When I was living in an area with bad connections, I did some MMO stuff but not the content where me grouping up with someone in a d/c would cost the group. If people are so selfish they're willing to ruin other people's play experience rather than fix their own issues, they can go into my ignore list too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]