test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW: Inform your people

2»

Comments

• Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    You see every message that flashes up? So what if they send it while you're bending over scratching your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? You'd still complain and demand that they work their way around your limitations.

My limitations? I am not sure which limitations you are speaking of. Clearly I do not have any limitations. Please elaborate.

I am complaining because they are not mentioning anything in the actual game. Not because they are not saying something elsewhere. Instead of them saying "Hey, guess what guys. There is going to be an event going on in 15 minutes.", they could simply say nothing at all. My point is that even though they know something is not going to happen, they still advertise that the event is going on.

Another person who did not actually read the whole original post. I should have expected it.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm aware that the translation service I used was not 100% accurate. But, I ASSUME that most people who speak those languages will understand what is being said. Also, I did not use Google translate.

Just an FYI, when the word "assume" is used in a sentence, it is stating that there is an assumption being made. Therefor not all of the details are going to be listed. In this case, the bug reporting, etc. was not mentioned because there was a general assumption by me that the general beta public understands that submitting bug reports is generally the status quo.

Also, me saying, "something is assumed" does not mean I am accepting it is part of the beta player's job. The word accept has nothing to do with the way I used the word "assume".

Rest of the English speaking world would say when you assume something you are in fact accepting it's apart of the subject. Most beta players seem to run to the forums rather then report the bug properly. So again. You assuming everyone knows it's part of Open Beta means you accepted it's part of the job of a beta player to report these bugs and issues. And so again I call you a bit dumb.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    assume [əˈsjuːm]
    vb (tr)
    1. (may take a clause as object) to take for granted; accept without proof; suppose to assume that someone is sane

2. to take upon oneself; undertake or take on or over (a position, responsibility, etc.) to assume office

3. to pretend to; feign he assumed indifference, although the news affected him deeply

4. to take or put on; adopt the problem assumed gigantic proportions

5. to appropriate or usurp (power, control, etc.); arrogate the revolutionaries assumed control of the city

6. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity (of God) to take up (the soul of a believer) into heaven

assume - take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late" as an example.
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Rest of the English speaking world would say when you assume something you are in fact accepting it's apart of the subject. Most beta players seem to run to the forums rather then report the bug properly. So again. You assuming everyone knows it's part of Open Beta means you accepted it's part of the job of a beta player to report these bugs and issues. And so again I call you a bit dumb.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. I already admitted that I expected people would realize that's part of the job of a beta test. However, Yes, I accept it is part of the job... but me assuming that, means that I did not need to add that to my post as I already ASSU-FRACKING-SUMED people would realize that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    assume [əˈsjuːm]
    vb (tr)
    1. (may take a clause as object) to take for granted; accept without proof; suppose to assume that someone is sane

2. to take upon oneself; undertake or take on or over (a position, responsibility, etc.) to assume office

3. to pretend to; feign he assumed indifference, although the news affected him deeply

4. to take or put on; adopt the problem assumed gigantic proportions

5. to appropriate or usurp (power, control, etc.); arrogate the revolutionaries assumed control of the city

6. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity (of God) to take up (the soul of a believer) into heaven

assume - take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late" as an example.

I am well versed on the definition of "assume", ma'am.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Stop fighting right this second..or I swear I'll turn this short bus around so fast it will make your protective helmets spin!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    He started it with his new meaning of the word assume.

He also earlier said accept is not part of Assume, but it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    He started it with his new meaning of the word assume.

He also earlier said accept is not part of Assume, but it is.

No, you started with your inability to understand the English language. I said the word ACCEPT had nothing to do with my ASSUMING. I never said "ACCEPT" was not in the definition of "ASSUME", <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You see every message that flashes up? So what if they send it while you're bending over scratching your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? You'd still complain and demand that they work their way around your limitations.

He's got legit complains at least. Their other games gives you a wall of text notification of things going down.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No, you started with your inability to understand the English language. I said the word ACCEPT had nothing to do with my ASSUMING. I never said "ACCEPT" was not in the definition of "ASSUME", <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Obviously your ability to remember has been impaired and limited. You started this first. Also can you post that in Russian?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Obviously your ability to remember has been impaired and limited. You started this first. Also can you post that in Russian?

LOL. You're funny
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually reread it all and you're right I did make a mistake :O I blame the vodka.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I have to agree communication with the community is lacking. I would love to see a weekly POD/YouTube cast talking about different everything and anything.

However recently I found out why we do not have this.

NWO is a low budget (for an MMO) game that ran out of funds. Instead of pulling the plug on the project the game was released as open beta. The staff is very small compared to most mainstream MMOs that I assume most of us are use too. I have to give credit where credit is due... for a staff that small I wonder when these guys actually sleep.

I am in hopes that NWO makes them some decent cash and they can afford funding for additional staff. Though as a F2P game with questionable end game I can only hope. I am flustrated as much as the next guy perhaps more as a GF. However seeing they have license to D&D and are working with WoC I still have faith that they can recover and make this the great game that it can be given the HUGE amount of material they can pull from.

NWO isn't low budget nor did it go over budget, it's just PWE's policy to have a soft launch for their MMO's, the decision had nothing to do with Cryptic at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually reread it all and you're right I did make a mistake :O I blame the vodka.

That's a good excuse. I was almost to the point where I needed some last night.