test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW: Inform your people

skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Rage post incoming!

I have been playing MMOs for 10+ years now and I have never been this frustrated. I am not frustrated that stuff does not work. I have other stuff I can do, but when I sit in a game for 2 hours only to do 1 specific thing, and get announcements that an event is about to start... and there is no notice that the applicable even was taken offline (other than on the forums) over 24 hours ago, it is a extremely frustrating. It is extremely misleading and your in-game GMs are worthless. You guys have no problems saying "Server is coming down in 3 minutes for maintenance", but you can not inform people something to the affect of, "REMINDER: This event that you are all sitting in here for is a waste of time, because it is not working."

Again, it is just frustrating.
Post edited by skoalface007 on

Comments

• Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good rage, hope you feel better. They are working on it, have patience.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rage post incoming!

I have been playing MMOs for 10+ years now and I have never been this frustrated. I am not frustrated that stuff does not work. I have other stuff I can do, but when I sit in a game for 2 hours only to do 1 specific thing, and get announcements that an event is about to start... and there is no notice that the applicable even was taken offline (other than on the forums) over 24 hours ago, it is a extremely frustrating. It is extremely misleading and your in-game GMs are worthless. You guys have no problems saying "Server is coming down in 3 minutes for maintenance", but you can not inform people something to the affect of, "REMINDER: This event that you are all sitting in here for is a waste of time, because it is not working."

The game is Live this stuff shoulda of been dealt with Before leaving open beta, Especially since this is the big Live updat, where things should be more stable and working now.
  • Options
    seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Oops, seems someone forgot to shut the lights off when they left Beta. Bad Devs, bad! *wrist slap*
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    in game gms lol if they had those a lot of the scammers etc would b stopped
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The things some folks get mad about...
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rage post incoming!

both the event announcement and the GM announcement for maintenance are usually automatic
  • Options
    prionfawkesprionfawkes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hitkill wrote: »
    both the event announcement and the GM announcement for maintenance are usually automatic

So what you're saying is their automation and scripts do a better job than the people they employ?
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    My GM comment was sarcasm.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good rage, hope you feel better. They are working on it, have patience.

Have Patience ?

Dude they had test shard up for 2 weeks

So hard to find out game breaking bug ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The things some folks get mad about...

What's your point? Are you saying people shouldn't get frustrated? I am not mad. There is a difference between frustrated and mad. I posted the definitions in the event you have no idea what the difference is.

Frustrated
    1. disappointed; thwarted
    2. having a feeling of or filled with frustration; dissatisfied

Mad
    1. mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented
    2. enraged; greatly provoked or irritated; angry
    3. a. abnormally furious; ferocious
    b. affected with rabies; rabid
    4. extremely foolish or unwise; imprudent; irrational
    5. wildly excited or confused; frantic
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    The game is Live this stuff shoulda of been dealt with Before leaving open beta, Especially since this is the big Live updat, where things should be more stable and working now.

It would have been if the live update was in open beta and we as beta players could have played it and reported the bugs as we should. I suspect majority of those who played during the beta did not do their job as a beta player.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    It would have been if the live update was in open beta and we as beta players could have played it and reported the bugs as we should. I suspect majority of those who played during the beta did not do their job as a beta player.

The job as a beta player is to play the beta game. The test shard was essentially an alpha test.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The job as a beta player is to play the beta game. The test shard was essentially an alpha test.

And report bugs. Why do you leave that part out?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And report bugs. Why do you leave that part out?

Because "report bugs" is part of the beta game. It's assumed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You're a little dumb aren't ya.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ever MMO gets these type of legit threats unless they do X or Y their game will fail. For most part they are incorrect. Sometimes they are correct about general idea. By this time game is supposed been launched and bugs ironed out.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You're a little dumb aren't ya.

Que? Tu no comprende Ingles? O es que no saben como comprender la estructura gramatical basica?
    你能不能领悟英语吗?或者你不知道如何理解基本的语法结构?
    Можете ли вы не понимаете английский? Или вы не знаете, как понять основные грамматические структуры?

I am not sure what your native language is, so I typed it in multiple languages. Do you not understand basic grammar, or are you really the ignorant one?
  • Options
    kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Uhm, no offense, but it was known BEFORE the event started that it would end when the game went live.

ALSO, it did have a thing in game that told of the end. hit your "L" key and look at the calendar.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiyoniz1 wrote: »
    You do realize he/she stated that, because your statement is false and invalid.

"Because "report bugs" is part of the beta game. It's assumed." <---- WHAT?! You mean real games cant have bugs and glitches? Especially MMOs? This generation, I swear....

Ah, there you go with not understanding basic grammatical structure.

Let me break it down for you.

""Because "report bugs" is part of the beta game. It's assumed."

"Because" = For reason of
    "Report Bugs" = Report tool in game
    "Part" = A portion or division of a whole
    "Beta" = Pre-release version
    "Assumed" = Taken for granted

Ergo, for reason of, the report tool, in a pre-release portion of the game, is taken for granted.

Meaning = I, as well as most others whom have beta tested before... understand that reporting bugs is a part of the beta test and we naturally know to use it to make the game better.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiyoniz1 wrote: »
    Uhm, no offense, but it was known BEFORE the event started that it would end when the game went live.

ALSO, it did have a thing in game that told of the end. hit your "L" key and look at the calendar.

Ah, so you did not read the actual original post in this thread. It all makes sense now. To make it clear to you... I am not talking about the stupid end of beta event.
  • Options
    zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Rage post incoming!

+1 op, i knew it before i logged today because i read the forums and their fb page frequently, but you are absolutely right
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zeralf1 wrote: »
    +1 op, i knew it before i logged today because i read the forums and their fb page frequently, but you are absolutely right

I think you might be the first person that actually read the original post in its entirety, and comprehended it's meaning and direction I was taking.
  • Options
    kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Ah, so you did not read the actual original post in this thread. It all makes sense now. To make it clear to you... I am not talking about the stupid end of beta event.

Ahh, I understand completely now, by event you mean the gauntlgrym. Had a big derpy moment, I apologize.

Not missing much though, Gauntlgrym sucks. :P
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree communication with the community is lacking. I would love to see a weekly POD/YouTube cast talking about different everything and anything.

However recently I found out why we do not have this.

NWO is a low budget (for an MMO) game that ran out of funds. Instead of pulling the plug on the project the game was released as open beta. The staff is very small compared to most mainstream MMOs that I assume most of us are use too. I have to give credit where credit is due... for a staff that small I wonder when these guys actually sleep.

I am in hopes that NWO makes them some decent cash and they can afford funding for additional staff. Though as a F2P game with questionable end game I can only hope. I am flustrated as much as the next guy perhaps more as a GF. However seeing they have license to D&D and are working with WoC I still have faith that they can recover and make this the great game that it can be given the HUGE amount of material they can pull from.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Que? Tu no comprende Ingles? O es que no saben como comprender la estructura gramatical basica?
    你能不能领悟英语吗?或者你不知道如何理解基本的语法结构?
    Можете ли вы не понимаете английский? Или вы не знаете, как понять основные грамматические структуры?

I am not sure what your native language is, so I typed it in multiple languages. Do you not understand basic grammar, or are you really the ignorant one?

Saying something is assumed means you accept it's part of the Beta player's job. Still why would you leave it out? This is why I asked if you are a little dumb when you said it's assumed. Beta player's job is to find the bugs, report the bugs, play the game, etc.

Your google translate got a few words wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Saying something is assumed means you accept it's part of the Beta player's job. Still why would you leave it out? This is why I asked if you are a little dumb when you said it's assumed. Beta player's job is to find the bugs, report the bugs, play the game, etc.

Your google translate got a few words wrong.

I'm aware that the translation service I used was not 100% accurate. But, I ASSUME that most people who speak those languages will understand what is being said. Also, I did not use Google translate.

Just an FYI, when the word "assume" is used in a sentence, it is stating that there is an assumption being made. Therefor not all of the details are going to be listed. In this case, the bug reporting, etc. was not mentioned because there was a general assumption by me that the general beta public understands that submitting bug reports is generally the status quo.

Also, me saying, "something is assumed" does not mean I am accepting it is part of the beta player's job. The word accept has nothing to do with the way I used the word "assume".
  • Options
    bheaubheau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Should be its not it's
  • Options
    bheaubheau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's is the contraction for it is. Please see the 639 AM post. I hate to see the language butchered like that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bheau wrote: »
    it's is the contraction for it is. Please see the 639 AM post. I hate to see the language butchered like that.

While we're at it... I will acknowledge that I fudged up and accidentally hit a "'" because of my elite typing speed. I'll take 1 error over the duration of this thread over the 10-15 you made in your 2 posts.

In your first post, you started great! You even capitalized your first word. However, there should be a subject in your sentence. There is not one. You should have started with "It" and not "Should". Your sentence should read, "It should be, "its", not "it's".

Counted, there are 9 errors in your 5 words first post. Not a great start.

In your 2nd post, there are many more. I'll keep it simple.

It should have read, "It's the contraction for "it is". Please see the 6:39am post. I hate to see the language butchered like that."

There are 5 errors in that sentence.

My 1 error versus your 14... I'll take my return on investment any day of the week.
  • Options
    milamberthewizmilamberthewiz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rage post incoming!

You see every message that flashes up? So what if they send it while you're bending over scratching your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? You'd still complain and demand that they work their way around your limitations.