test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The enchantment Shards What a RIP OFF they are :mad:

sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone looked at the odds of fusing them? 1%. This is the BIGGEST RIP OFF I've seen in ages. Talk about GREEDY company! The only way to put one together ( unless you have the luck of the Irish or a direct link to God Almighty is to pay cash for ZEN to buy the Coalscent ward. This is too far. Not bad enough that for professions there are items that can only be purchased to help you get along but this is the ULTIMATE in RIP OFFS and GREED! :mad:
May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms
Post edited by sereenawind on

Comments

• Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At least it is ONE percent. You can save your tears to cry when PWI changes the chance from 1% to "It is a must to use the Coalscent Ward".

Don't expect me to be a fanboi though. It is a rip-off, but I do REALIZE PWI has to make money somewhere, as well as the ward can be bought in AH with AD about 1/3 of the zen cost.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stop whinning you have a chance to get a coalsecent ward with your celestal coins...maybe check your facts before starting another QQ thread.^^
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly? I wouldn't worry about those. Take a look at the stats compared to the lower, easily achievable, ones. They are just not that much better. They really only exist to feed the endless appetite of the "I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I HAVE THIS RANDOM SHINY THING AND YOU DON'T!!! BOW BEFORE ME!!!!!" demographic. Not having one will not affect your gameplay unless you are doing bleeding edge end game power runs. And if you are, then you will quickly be able to afford all the Wards you want in the A.H.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ignore the folks saying you have a chance to get one with your coins. Sure, maybe you do, but it's a sliver. I've been playing for 50 days on 2 toons and uh.. no wards.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    Ignore the folks saying you have a chance to get one with your coins. Sure, maybe you do, but it's a sliver. I've been playing for 50 days on 2 toons and uh.. no wards.

I got one last week. Just used it to fuse a lightning enchant. ;)

(I've only gotten to seven celestial tokens twice, I used to buy the professions packs and/or lost the coins)

Coalescent wards go for about 100-125K AD on the exchange. Even if you only do dailies and some leadership that's 5 Days of Farming. Not too bad honestly. Plus you have the chance to get one in that time frame anyway with the celestial coins.
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats worse about the whole Neverwinter economy is the founders and guardians who got their "free" AD....this inflated EVERYTHING in game to create a way way over priced AH etc...seriously going on the auction house to buy anything you need to be an AD-MILLIONAIRE - if you don't want or cant do dailies everyday then you're basically fukced in this game.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually , on this issue (unlike many others), I actually agree with ambisinisterr. Every seven days per toon you are guaaqnteed a green ward at least, and even the blue ones on the AH aren't that much - ironically also seven days worth of max daily;'s.

Whats worse about the whole Neverwinter economy is the founders and guardians who got their "free" AD....this inflated EVERYTHING in game to create a way way over priced AH etc...seriously going on the auction house to buy anything you need to be an AD-MILLIONAIRE - if you don't want or cant do dailies everyday then you're basically fukced in this game.

It wasn't the founders - it was the masses of exploit AD that flooded the market together with the dupes of enchants. The huge jump in the amount of AD meant that once the corresponding flow of additional materials was stopped (or at least that particular exploit) prices of certain items were bound to rise again.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »

I got one yesterday on an alt , it,s only the third or fourth one I have ever opened too since I usually get the profession pack.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to OP:

1) you can use your 7 celestial coins weekly, I've gotten at least 2 blue wards so far since I started playing from those boxes.

2) You can use AD to convert to zen, buy keys and open lock-boxes and in addition to some of the rewards in lock-boxes for every 200 turmalane (sp?) bars you can barter for a coalescent ward to fuse with. Or obtain keys via trades for stuff people are looking for, usually hawking in PE zone until a better more populous and utlized chat channel emerges.

3) you can sell items you get from playing the game, crafting, drops from dungeons, items from skill nodes, pots, etc and earn AD, buy zen with it and then just buy the wards directly on the AD.

4) you can obtain items and trade for the wards player to player.

You can absolutely purchase anything in the game without spending ANY money if you want. The only thing buying zen with cash does for you aside from helping them pay the bills to run, create and mod the community, is to speed up the time it takes you to earn what you need in game to purchase whatever your heart desires. It's all about learning the system and working it, all can be done with no exploits and just patience and understanding of what has value and who will buy it from you. Sadly right now that means risking being silenced because the official server trade channel is dead, never see anyone talking in it, so you run the risk at times of some jerk reporting you for spam if you are too aggressive with trying to make trades and sales for gold off AH, or setting up a set price to post something for someone etc. But I can assure you from experience, you can earn piles of AD over time, just not gonna happen fast. And you really have to pay attention, just like IRL to what people want and how you can get it and put the time and effort into it.

GL, HF.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh, they also drop from rune and enchant green boxes too. (wards)
  • Options
    thundersparkthunderspark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sad to say, but I'm in agreement here. Coalescent wards are too rare in boxes (of which you need seven day to attempt for one) and too expensive a price in AD or Zen. The price in Zen is especially ridiculous. 1000z for a single coalescent ward, are they crazy? This smacks of those awful upgrade orbs from Perfect World which cost literally hundreds of real world currency for the necessary upper tiers.

As for lockboxes, again that's a zen-bought item and only gives you a small chance to actually obtain a ward. Most of the time it'll be a professions pack with some random guy I could care less about inside. Lotteries should not be the only way to advance in a game, so how about giving us some way of earning it?
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another issue here is the respecs....you have no choice but to pay real money for one, yeah they gave one free respec out but that's nothing compared to what people probably want/need, i mean i currently have a GWF and a GF, Ive respecced the GWF 3 times since starting playing as i was Sentinel and people whined about my damage (even though its an off-tank spec....useless), my GF is untouched but does need a respec as he is not tank specced correctly so cannot be used for anything....so I'm at a wall with him where i cannot go past it until i BUY a respec.....shocking really.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The wards are fairly easy to get and also fairly cheap if you know all the different ways to get them. (Most listed above)

The problem is that at first glance, this really does look like a gigantic cash grab. As well as many other things. The longer I play this game, the more I realize that it's very easy to get anything you want out of the cash shop w/o paying a single dime. every day I figure out another legit way to maximize AD.

At first glance as a new player though, it can really seem like it's uber P2W. It isn't. Just takes a while to learn all the options. And once you do, then i'ts back to forking over money just to support the game when you want to rather than feeling pressured or obligated to.
  • Options
    thundersparkthunderspark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    The wards are fairly easy to get and also fairly cheap if you know all the different ways to get them. (Most listed above)

The problem is that at first glance, this really does look like a gigantic cash grab. As well as many other things. The longer I play this game, the more I realize that it's very easy to get anything you want out of the cash shop w/o paying a single dime. every day I figure out another legit way to maximize AD.

At first glance as a new player though, it can really seem like it's uber P2W. It isn't. Just takes a while to learn all the options. And once you do, then i'ts back to forking over money just to support the game when you want to rather than feeling pressured or obligated to.
    Sorry, but it IS a gigantic cash grab. There's a strict limit to the amount of AD you can earn in a day, and a strict limit to how much you can convert from that into actual spending cash. The only other way to make money is the auctions, but like with any economy it's based on supply and demand. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

They are not 'easy' to get. The ways mentioned are rare chances to obtain them or basically paying through the nose for one. There's a reason I see so many WTB shouts in the Enclave for Coalescent wards.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but it IS a gigantic cash grab. There's a strict limit to the amount of AD you can earn in a day, and a strict limit to how much you can convert from that into actual spending cash. The only other way to make money is the auctions, but like with any economy it's based on supply and demand. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

They are not 'easy' to get. The ways mentioned are rare chances to obtain them or basically paying through the nose for one. There's a reason I see so many WTB shouts in the Enclave for Coalescent wards.

You are entitled to your opinion. You can buy a ward on the auction house for 100k AD. You can easily get 100k AD in a week or significantly less if you know what you are doing. Even if it did take a week, I am ok with that. it is supposed to take some time to acquire the best items in the game. If you want to use the credit card to buy it instantly, then so be it. But you certainly don't have to.
  • Options
    okymaokyma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to choose between have all fast (credit card => zen. zen to buy coalescent ward, to buy AD and use in AH for stuff, etc) or wait, collect.

The box every 7 days contain some coalescent, i have near 30% of these.
    only 1 box per char per week, so other thing, i maybe use less ward than others. (the green ward only to make to rank 6 for example). So more enchantment loose, more time to wait. *

This game, like many F2P make you choose between credit card and fast, farm and long time.
    More or less in some games, and in different ways.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    125K AD on the exchange. Even if you only do dailies and some leadership that's 5 Days of Farming.

25k with dailies? That's for a 24/7 chinese gold farmer. Four PvPs and four foundries and the three Gaunts and skirmish (only if you do it when it's due) and dungeon.
    Every day.
    That's a lot for the average player. The average player will do one of these options, and get 4K.

Also, 14K is the cap for refining AD. But then, only the actual players can know that.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

Also, 14K is the cap for refining AD. But then, only the actual players can know that.

check ur facts. its 24k
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    25k with dailies?

Very true, anyone who doesn't know can't be playing the game very much, and shouldn't bother commenting on this topic.

Oh, wait it is actually 24 K :)
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Jeez, Someone is throwing their toys out of the pram, seriously Cryptic needs to make the money back from developing the game somehow, and to be perfectly honest if you can't do a little bit of casual/hardcore farming because of your lack of patience, then that's your problem, not Cryptics. I would not call them greedy though, not after spending over three years in PWE's flagship game, where we're force fed pack sales on a weekly basis and the only way to be considered 'good enough' in the game is to sink either thousands of dollars/euros or days and days or farming into the game, just to have gear that's good enough to compete in any of the events and then still be blindside one shotted by one of the 'l33t' players.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    you need 21 Coalescents to make a greater enchantment. consider that before you say they are cheap or easy to get from boxes
  • Options
    caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013

So why are you still here, if your getting ****ed, go find another game
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How accomplished would you feel when you got your greater/perfect enchant if you could just fuse them without needing a ward? I personally use lesser's and I wouldn't want this system changed at all. It gives something to work towards. It's already going to be completely trivial to gear up after the aug 22 patch that lets you choose what you want out of the DD chest...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    after lvl 60....... a low lvl enchant(all lesser and normal one like lighting enchant ) is as useless as 5 gold horse and a non paying player can only afford normal enchant as it takes months to get greater or perfect one only to get one enchant for weapon or armor .....and if calculate closely only one or two type of enchantment make sense to put that much of effort to get that much of ad ...............ya this game gives you option to farm like months(months mean many many many if you calculate) or you get it by paying ..................its like free to play guys only get good looking graphics on that Armour or on weapon and a paying guy get's good looks and good % of damage difference for that enchant ...........you know what i mean...........
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I get at least one Coalescent a week just from praying (6 characters) so thats 1 month for a normal enchant without spending a single ad. (I already have a bunch of shards from dungeons) Factor in AD made and you could get 2-3 normals in 1 month. So 1.5 months for a greater enchant, considering weapon/armor enchants are the most expensive things in the game right now (barring R10's which is completely unneeded beyong R8 I'd say) that's more than fair.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I have spend 100k Zen already without actually spending real money.
    I guess it always falls back to l2play.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol 100k? I think that might be a bit of a stretch...

I've gotten 3500-4k from surveys and probably at least another 3-4k from AD but 100k is pretty outrageous
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With selling and re-selling items and being how "lucky" you get 100k zen isn't so outrageous.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone looked at the odds of fusing them? 1%. This is the BIGGEST RIP OFF I've seen in ages. Talk about GREEDY company! The only way to put one together ( unless you have the luck of the Irish or a direct link to God Almighty is to pay cash for ZEN to buy the Coalscent ward. This is too far. Not bad enough that for professions there are items that can only be purchased to help you get along but this is the ULTIMATE in RIP OFFS and GREED! :mad:

So what and you should of known this from the start its a f2p game. People like you are what f2p games need. So you thought a f2p game was completely free? LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    With selling and re-selling items and being how "lucky" you get 100k zen isn't so outrageous.

Do you mean 'lucky' as in exploiting - because very few people will be able to have got 25-50 million AD legitimately.
This discussion has been closed.