test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats wrong with The Neverwinter Community?

phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
About twenty minutes ago, I had to cancel out of a dungeon because someone quit right before the last boss, AGAIN! I have yet to complete any dungeons other than "The Cloak Tower", because of people leaving. If, by extreme luck, you happen to finish a dungeon, you get your Guardian Fighter bracers stolen by a Trickster Rouge, who REALLY "Needs" them. The entire time in the dungeon, you have a party member who runs forward and agro's everything while your fighting the last mob, another guy who you havent seen yet, because he went invisible and went skill node looting, and finally the person who will tag along with the party the whole time, but not attack anything.

It really bugs me to see a game with such potential, be dragged down by the <eek> in its community by exploiting it.

P.S. - I swear 90% of the time in the quest was spent having mobs chase my "teammates" to a ledge, where the rest of my team would proceed to knock the mobs off. This is NOT challenging, skillful, or even fun. IMHO
Post edited by phinsphan on

Comments

• Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Oh I forgot to mention the <eek!> who left this time was <None of our Business>. The 2 makes me think multiple accounts. Hmm...
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with you on this dude, the only thing you haven't got right is the "Need" thing, they did actually fix it so ONLY class specific items can be needed by the class that can use them :)

The leavers are a huge issue too, and this knocking mobs off i also do not agree with its not how its meant to be played, people are just loot <ack!> in this game it seems!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »
    you get your Guardian Fighter bracers stolen by a Trickster Rouge, who REALLY "Needs" them.

That is no longer possible. Hasn't been for about a week or two. ;)

Other than that it certainly can be frustrating. There have been people calling for leaving penalties, myself among them so players who cripple the team have proper incentive to not leave dungeons if the team doesn't agree to give up.

Also Cryptic is intending to make it so players can join already active dungeons so in some regards that will be less of an issue altogether anyway.

Mobs getting knocked over edges is a mix to me though. In my opinion I like the mechanic I just find it's way too easy to take hold of it. In PnP there are savings throws to see if you can catch the ledge and I personally hope they add something similar in Neverwinter to prevent mobs from getting knocked over as easily as they do. :)

Just my two cents on the situations. Try to avoid the profanity in the future though.
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sadly this is the kind of community u end up w in free to play games cuz ppl have nothing to lose so they do whatever they want saw 3 ppl myself included tonight get ripped off in trade by some scumbag
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I wasn't sure if the loot changes had taken effect, that complaint was geared more towards the <Removed> from previous Dungeons.
    I msg the guy after he leaves, he says "Believe me, we wouldn't have been able to finish it". Who the hell does he think he is? We sure as hell can't finish it now.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also Cryptic is intending to make it so players can join already active dungeons so in some regards that will be less of an issue altogether anyway.

Well the sooner the better. Right now to expect players to go through ANY dungeon, let alone a long one like Castle Never or Gauntlgrym and not be able to fill a slot because someone rage-quit, ran out of time, got booted for being a jerk, disconnected and did not come back for whatever reason, maybe could not log in, etc. is absolutely an immense waste of time and a reason many have and will continue to, quit the game. Many of whom I expect may not return because of lack of customer support in response to their requests to a fix for these issues. I mean why is it that in ANY other game, the group leader can simply invite a person and fill a slot if someone has left, but not here?

Please tell me this will be fixed soon, like within the next week with a patch in the works already. This is not a new problem and we're far from the first people to report it. The longer this goes unresolved the worse it is for this game in my opinion.

/concerned.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Imagine, being able to invite 4 guild members after kicking 4 people from the party, right before the last boss. I don't think that will happen. I think penalties would be a better option, maybe actually being able to report people for being jerks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry mods, I was raged, I will keep my self clean from here on out.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I have no more information than it's being worked on.

Honestly according to the patch players should already be getting queued into existing dungeons but as near as I can tell it's not working for whatever reason. So all I do know it is on their radar to fix and likely on the soon side.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Imagine, being able to invite 4 guild members after kicking 4 people from the party, right before the last boss. I don't think that will happen. I think penalties would be a better option, maybe actually being able to report people for being jerks.

To stop this issue, I think (hope) they will implement it so that any new person is randomly selected. Also a kick vote should only be possible out of combat, require 4 votes, and teams of 4 who queue should not be able to kick the other person.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Dude, it works that way in every other game. The leader can kick anyone at any time and other than being in combat during a boss fight, he can invite other people to fill the empty spots, they catch up and you continue. It's not in human nature to want to deal with replacing and waiting on others at the boss. If we're really concerned about that in this community, there's a major problem wtih this community at the foundation core today. I've played UO from closed beta, EQ, EQ2, EQOA, DDO, LoTRO, RIFT and this game. All have had that option but this one. I've literally NEVER seen what you described happen. Why would anyone join your groups, raids, etc, if you had a rep for doing that? someone might get away with that a few times, but like you said between customer feedback, reporting behavior to GM (a function available in game via the help menu) there are many ways to make sure jerks that try to pull that stuff are punished by the GMs as well as shunned by the community. The players need to start policing their own neighborhood. Stop allowing exploiters to spam zone chat for speed-runs, and booting people right before looting chests or boss drops etc. It's in our hands and the GMS hands to help shape the community starting right now. So don't tell me what might happen or what people are capable of, I'm aware of that, but help make sure they wouldn't even think of losing their right to play the game for pulling stunts like that. can you ever 100% protect against jerks? no. Can you do the best you can to foster a more positive, friendly and helpful community, **** right.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If someone kicks you out of the group before last boss just write his name down and wait for the opporunity to take your revenge (you act like... you die like... etc.).
    As for quitting people, dunno why they're quitting w/o even trying to beat up the boss with current pt. Perhaps there should be system that prevents from leaving dungeon at certain point or penality for leaving (1 hour ban from dungeons & dungeons queue).
    As for kicking, there should really be vote system or option for vote system.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    a further note: the risk of the potential abuse is outweighed by the fact that people are already abusing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> others over with the current system. What we're trying to get to is a point whereby we can recover and continue and finish dungeons when someone leaves, this currently is not working at all. I've been in this position many times, from DCs, rage-quits, ran out of time and has to go eat quits, whatever and the other 4 people are literally screwed unless they can 4-man the content. It's simply an unfair situation that I see happening often enough that it's a serious problem and concern for this game. If you can't see that, you either run with a static group or are very lucky. That's just not available to everyone daily. So all we're asking is for a legitimate and timely way for a group leader to fix that situation and replace someone and finish. Direct invite is the best option in my opinion, random joe schmoe is bad. But again we also need a global channel that people utilize and not zone chat.

GLFF is a typical channel I've seen created in user channels and thus crosses any instance/zone boundry. Using a channel like this would allow us to go, hey Castle Never group 4/5 @ boss 5, needs a GF fill in, PST for invite with GS, etc. whatever and then u invite fill the slot and continue. This is how I have seen it work to great effect in other games.
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Knocking mobs off ledges is a cheap game mechanic. Why they ever thought it was a good idea is beyond me. CW is good enough without that, but I guess cryptic didn't agree and figured oh well, gotta give em something to do.
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand the frustrstion. My biggest problem is even when i do get a decent group which is about half the time, i get dced or soemthing somewhere along the way and i have to run back all the way from the start. So and early quit penalty would really screw ppl in my my shoes.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    Wait... you can still kick people in a dungeon?

I thought the ability to do that was removed in the big balance patch? Or was that just for PvP?

Because if it was just for PvP then... just... wow.
  • Options
    thebestjoethebestjoe Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like knocking mobs off ledges. It's fun! But not for every fight....
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    As for quitting people, dunno why they're quitting w/o even trying to beat up the boss with current pt. Perhaps there should be system that prevents from leaving dungeon at certain point or penality for leaving (1 hour ban from dungeons & dungeons queue).
    Yeah, you have got to be an idiot.

Cleric: Oh hey, I got a left click ability to do damage! Forget healing
    Wizard: Oh, I got a single target freeze ability that doesn't work on bosses. Forget crowd controlling.
    Tank: Forget taunting, I can just hit left click and shield bash the **** thing.
    Rogue: Derp! I got steath...going to run off everytime my knives are low and recharge them
    GWF: Derp! Charge attack! *whack* Charge attack! *whack*

If I don't like the group I am with and I wanted to leave, but idiots like you and others want a penalty. Thank god, there is no penalty for playing half-assed and if suddenly I don't like the group I am with I can just do something else knowing they are going to be burning pots and injury kits at the cost of my amusement.

Oh wait, looks like I can penalize my team if I want. Works for me.

Of course, the bigger issue is why guys like you and others cannot accept the fact...you are also the problem. No quits when they win, they just quit when its suddenly not fun any more and beyond frustrating just like the OP. Fun fact though, you guys are the failure waiting on the que for random individuals that you think should just stick it out...but forgetting, both sides are frustrated...one doesn't like the group they end up in and the other is frustrated when they leave. Best system is to either disband the entire party when someone leaves and start over or *GASP!* stop relying on random individuals to back you up (the part where you are the failure). If you have people you regularly get along with and are good, the greater chances you are going to succeed...instead of yet another whine about how you failed as a group and blame the guy who left (forgetting, you don't leave if the group is winning...you leave when it fails...so it in fact includes EVERYONE WHO IS IN THE GROUP WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES THAT CAUSED THEM TO LEAVE).

Recap: Anyone ever leave when "OMG! WE ARE SO BAD ***! THIS DUNGEON IS EASY!" ? Nope, they leave then "OMG! THIS DUNGEON IS SO FRUSTRATING BECAUSE OF THIS GROUP!" Case point: Its the group as a whole that makes the adventure fun or not, not the dude who left that suddenly wasn't enjoying it because of other people who where failing at their roles. Perhaps they were not up to the job and suddenly you got a better player, but don't hold it against them when they leave...cause there is a thing called "Folding Cards" "Surrender" "Knowing your limits" which is basically the same thing...giving up when you believe there is no point to continue any further. Every human does it, but stupid whiney emo/vindictive dudes with abandonment issues are always getting butt hurt over such a trivial thing as a video game and want to ruin it for other people. I would say stop queuing, that is a major factor right there that causes the issue of your frustration.
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I love punting certain mobs over the edge of a cliff. Especially those blasted Marsh Mystics in the Garrundar the Vile skirmish. Have even done so with my GWF and his comparatively puny roar and on my cleric main with devine Sun Flare.

The main thing to remember here is though more of a good thing is not necessarily an even better thing.
    If you overdo the pushing, it becomes empty and meaningless imho.
    Even more important is to know why people punt and where. There is nothing more frustrating than to have an UNcontrol wizard in the group that punts stuff around without rhyme or reason. And that's from my DC perspective, never mind my GWF.

Re: getting queued into existing groups. It has happened to me before. Always fun to enter a dungeon only to find your group 2 rooms away into half health when you are a DC. I think though there currently is a limit to how far into the dungeon the group may be for you to join them. My hunch is that they still have to be before the first boss.

Re: quitters that just leave before last boss.
    The remark that the group would probably not have been able to beat the boss has a certain amount of truth to it.

I have queued a lot of pugs and 5min into the run I do often get the feeling of "oh dear, that's a bad group".
    Not necessarily even bad players, just sometimes a group doesn't jive well together. Sometimes they just love to disperse into all directions, sometimes they have fundamentally different ideas about how to run a dungeon and almost seem to work against each other, trying to follow their own plan instead of finding a common way and method, sometimes you find the aforementioned UNcontrol wizard, or the tanky rogue that keeps darting ahead without a care in the world.

That feeling does not always end up being true. I haven't yet quit on a group no matter how dire things got. And sometimes you get surprised that the group against all odds still manages to beat the boss. But those groups did tend to be a bit more expensive in terms of pots and especially injury kits. As a non-quiter some of those bad groups can be really frustrating, because they will tackle the boss and esp. in the not so good groups you have a high risk of someone just quiting after a wipe, with high probability after the second or third wipe, while the others get more and more into line and would likely down the boss the next try.

You then end up with 4/5 guys that now know what to do, left one man short and have spent pots and kits to get there. Frustrating.

I still don't endorse quiting before the last boss, but I do see where those guys come from.
  • Options
    zineastazineasta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b0r7 wrote: »
    Yeah, you have got to be an idiot.

If I don't like the group I am with and I wanted to leave, but idiots like you and others want a penalty. Thank god, there is no penalty for playing half-assed and if suddenly I don't like the group I am with I can just do something else knowing they are going to be burning pots and injury kits at the cost of my amusement.

When you select public queue you must know that your parthnes can be noobs.
    If you can't assume this obviousness, who is the idiot?

Play with your party friends, guild partners or whatever if you don't want to be part of the game.

I enjoy teaching the new gamers. Cause I was a new gamer some time ago.
    People like you just enjoy the loot and a full inventory of stuff.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I started talking before the start of the action as soon as I was burned by a typical self serving, low brain cell type that reverted to kind when its brand of candy wasn't served. I ask "is everyone staying"?!!! If i get no response, at least I can be happy that I made an effort to shame the lazy farmers into playing out their part.

What is refreshing is to accidentally fall into a powerful group that actually does communicate. Rare, but worth it.

BTW do people on ignore get Queued in like everyone else? I would like to see people with X number of ignores go to the back of the line if possible.
  • Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It really depends on the dungeon on whether leavers will prevent it from being completed.

As an example; on the dungeon with the Pirate boss at the end, we had the cleric and another player leave about midway through. The TR and I just kept on playing through, while the 3rd guy was a GWF who said it couldn't be done, and showed DC. He popped back later, DCed again (I guess trying to get us to leave so he could solo the rest or invite guildies, dunno.) But since the TR and I were having such an easy time clearing we kept going.

Finally the 3rd guy stayed in and started helping, though he had no healing potions and I was pretty low as well. We got to the boss, and aside from the 3rd guy falling once and being revived, we whooped the heck out of the boss. It was actually my favorite dungeon, since the challenge was actually worth feeling an accomplishment over, as opposed to the normal facerolling most dungeons are.

So depending on the dungeon, just because 1 person left doesn't mean it's impossible to complete the dungeon.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello All,

Due to the fact that it just a friend and me playing together at this time, just to enjoy the game and time together, I haven't had this experience yet with leavers of a group, and the loot thing atm is working because I am with a friend so it doesn't matter who gets what loot we just trade it if one of us needs something.

This is the type of system that I see Cryptic has made for themselves, " Play our Social game " but play it with your friends from other games, as making New online friends in Our game is pretty non-existent"

And what are they going to do now.......but create a fix that will allow another exploit.

To make it so that people can join in on an already started dungeon is a very very bad idea because then what you'll have people doing is leaving anyway to bring in their other toon then can use the drop item that others get ripped off on.

How do you fix the leaver issue???? Like this.... the person(s) who leave a started dungeon should never be able to complete that dungeon with that character or something to that effect.

For cripes sake Devs if your going to fix something fix it, and actually punish the people that use your system, don't just slap them on the hand and create just another exploit thinking your helping the issue.

What do I see happening, If I were one of these idiots that leave all the time and a fix was brought out that allowed another to join in on the fly, I would leave and then bring in my other Alt, on my other account because now the dungeon is cleared out and I can get a chance at the really good loot and not have to do a bloody thing for it.

What can Devs do, well punish these people, if they leave on purpose for whatever reason that alt can never finish that particular dungeon. And I feel this should be account wide, because if they are a leaver with one Character then logic would have to say they will leave with all their Alts.

If for some reason someone wants to play the emergency card, ok have a panic button on the hot bar.... if you click it it's a free pass....but....it can be only used once every seven days and is monitored for abuse.

Power outage results in the same as the panic button being pressed but no ban from ever finishing dungeons with that character.

I know this is rough thinking but this is supposed to be a community if someone can fine-toon my idea go for it, these are just my thoughts and I don't code so I don't know if this is possible...but at least I'm trying to be constructive....

The Fun For The Many... Is More Important...Then The Exploiting Of The Boneheads.

That's My 2 Plat.....

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    jimbomobojimbomobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This takes me back to WoWs early days. I can only hope that this game does as well as that game as it really is the bestest of the best.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello Again All,

Just thought I would try and keep this on the first page as things tend to get on the seventh page pretty quick lately.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    I have no more information than it's being worked on.

Honestly according to the patch players should already be getting queued into existing dungeons but as near as I can tell it's not working for whatever reason. So all I do know it is on their radar to fix and likely on the soon side.
    How about the ability for a group leader to kick whoever they want for whatever reason?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Real simple solution to all this.... use the PROVIDED in game system to ensure a party that you prefer and JOIN A GUILD....... There is a whole different mindset when playing with guild members. You actually TRY to do a good job and worry about the other people.

Then seriously, WHY are you playing a multiplayer game???

Whenever I have joined a guild in any free to play game it has normally ended by me leaving said guild and shortly thereafter the game because;
    1. the maturity level of the players in these games is equivalent to my 11 year old daughter. (if not my 19 yo son who thinks no hole is a bad hole)
    2. There are already set cliques in previously established guilds who end up treating "the new kid" like complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because well, they don't really need said person to complete whatever clique group they are running with.
    3. There is always that one person who likes to play high school drama games by manipulating the people around them.

I am pretty much running solo in this game for these reasons.
    I have a stable guild, none of them are playing this game though, so I'm here alone for the time being while we await another title.

Telling someone to "Join a Guild" because you are in an already established guild isn't helping them much. Why don't you extend an invite to them? how about looking them up in game? Why not? Your reasons not to are probably the reasons they don't want to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am lost on how someone d/c from a party makes them jerks? I've been saying for ages that every mmo should have 10 man parties because people quit. They just do. They always have in free or pay games. Real life is more important than an mmo and that's how it should be.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crystal7j wrote: »
    I am lost on how someone d/c from a party makes them jerks? I've been saying for ages that every mmo should have 10 man parties because people quit. They just do. They always have in free or pay games. Real life is more important than an mmo and that's how it should be.

This exactly, don't punish those who leave because they may have a legit reason. Instead implement a system that replaces those who leave.