test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fury of the Feywild Dev Blog

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in News & Announcements
Read up on the development of the first free module for Neverwinter, Fury of the Feywild! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=908861
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing about new classes = boring :(
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fomorians and Redcaps; it's a City of Heroes nightmare flashback! :p Though I still prefer the look of this Redcap: Robin Redcap. Taloned hands and large teeth are a must.
  • Options
    bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds amazing you guys! Looking forward to exploring this beautiful new area (:
    Quick question though? Any raise on level cap soon? With the climb being more of a challenge? Also, I hate to be a bother, but an archer class would be awesome :3
    Still love the game though, keep it up!
  • Options
    agent69047agent69047 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ amosov78

OMG!! I was wondering if I was the only one having flashbacks to City of Heroes/Villains about Redcaps! hehe.. I wonder if Cryptic can implement a open world boss raid ... you know.. something similar to a ... HAMMY RAID !!!!! ;)
  • Options
    ralmptralmpt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having new content is always nice and cool but then there are some problems that lets me thinking if the Dev team is concentrating their efforts in the right place.

"we’re introducing lots of level interactivity that will require players to remain mobile" Well the game mechanics in Neverwinter dont allow you to be mobile unless you are using dodge or you will just be walking without be able to do anything which is not fun. A good free experience is Guild Wars 2, there you can be mobile.

Then I sometimes wonder when I read: "One of the primary pieces of feedback we’ve received from players is that they want to visit areas that are completely and totally different from what they’ve seen before." that maybe true, players always like new stuff but is their first priority on what they want? Because I honestly thing that Perfect World doesnt listen to the players that much. You are rushing new content when the basic stuff such are half bugged.

You probably dont listen to the part when people complain about skill bugs, passives not working, lag issues some times, etc right?

First fix your game please then add content.

Now in suggestions for improvements on my point of view:
    - Allow cast on walk for any ranged At-Will skill without cast time.
    - Fix the PvP queue on lv60 to consider Gear Score.
    - New PvP map(s) with some new mechanics. (Gauntlgrym doesnt count since its a total mess and people that just want to pvp are not into having to wait 4 hours or do the same event over and over again).
    - Maybe a Rank system for PvP? Well needs some balance atm though.
    - Add a global (not zone) trade chat to stop the spam at Prospectors Enclave.
    - Make team chats for Gauntlgrym and fix the massive lag. How can we do team strategies when we are all in the same map using the same chat?
    - Have Gauntlgrym queues be at the beguining so you have the 20 vs 20 since the start and dont have issues with PvP queues in the end. After doing Gauntlgrym twice I never managed to do PvP even if I wanted.

There are so many things that could be done to this game to make it awesome, but for some reason whatever you do it just feels more of the same.
  • Options
    malkavianitemalkavianite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Another* two elven races, yet still no sign of the final core race...the gnomes. WTH Cryptic? Maybe add some more unique races before you give the elves any further love?

Other than that, I like what I'm reading.
  • Options
    solstar777solstar777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gnomes are not a core race according to 4th Ed, which is what this iteration of online D&D was designed around. If anything, Dragonborn should have been included in the place of Half-Orc, but I understand that Forgotten Realms lore surrounding Dragonborn would be a bit more difficult (i.e. longwinded) to explain.

As for the announcement, I agree that no class info (*ahem* Rangers) kinda stinks.

And what are these shenanigans with "Sun" elves and "Moon" elves? Just call them all Eladrin so you can introduce the term, then, if you really want to get technical with character creation, make the distinction then. The character that introduced Quorthon, the spell-plagued wizrd in The Chasm, referred to him as an Eladrin in the voice over, but the text read "Sun Elf." Don't shy away from it. Own it!

EDIT: To malkvianite: Don't call an Eladrin "just another elf race" to his face. He might sternly glare at you in disgust...or throw a fireball.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also immediately thought of Croatoa in City of Heroes!

I'm happy that we're going to get some new looks, and the campaign system sounds intriguing.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will add my voice to the dismay over not adding a new class. Two new elf races are just a boring addition. Right now we have a solid Race selection, please give us more classes.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am considerably more excited about this than I ever was about Gauntlgrym. The reason is that I hate PvP, and enjoy soloing or partnering with a friend or two much more than organized 5-man (or 20-man) dungeon events.

What I would like even more, however, would be some effort in finishing what feels like unfinished code - the training tomes, paragon paths - not to mention all the bugs and exploits that directly or indirectly hurt the game.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    I am considerably more excited about this than I ever was about Gauntlgrym. The reason is that I hate PvP, and enjoy soloing or partnering with a friend or two much more than organized 5-man (or 20-man) dungeon events.

What I would like even more, however, would be some effort in finishing what feels like unfinished code - the training tomes, paragon paths - not to mention all the bugs and exploits that directly or indirectly hurt the game.

you do understand that its different departments work on different things. they have people that put out new content and this is content thats been in the works probably since closed beta.... and then there are people that work on bug fixes... so they can do BOTH at the same time.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    I will add my voice to the dismay over not adding a new class. Two new elf races are just a boring addition. Right now we have a solid Race selection, please give us more classes.

I agree there are plenty of races to choose from already especially since Drow ins't released to the general public yet.
    So looks like Sun and Moon elves along with Drow for Module 1.
    New classes are really needed.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Nothing about new classes = boring :(
    Yeah there big day release what do they give one dungeon that has been worked on probably since closed beta, and alchemy which is not really that hard to add to the game. They don't even add multiple paragon paths just the standard 1 per class. This game is really becoming boaring fast have 3 toons at 60 already with a 9000 item level nothing left really in this game.
  • Options
    solidtxsolidtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    need info on the new class and when its coming please
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Another* two elven races, yet still no sign of the final core race...the gnomes. WTH Cryptic? Maybe add some more unique races before you give the elves any further love?

Other than that, I like what I'm reading.

I feel your pain regarding no gnomes. Gnome illusionist has been my favorite race/class combo in every iteration since AD&D. Hopefully we'll get them eventually, but I suspect there are a lot of other things will be added before the little bearded fellows.

/keeping fingers crossed though
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I take it that the Seelie and Unseelie fey, along with their respective leaders Titania and Auril, aren't making an appearance in this module?
  • Options
    trinity1980trinity1980 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    solidtx wrote: »
    need info on the new class and when its coming please

The new class is coming with Module 1 (Fury of the Feywild). This was confirmed by the german community manager 'Anachronex' in the german live stream on twitch (6/20/2013). New paragon paths, or at least one new for every class will be highly likely added also with Module 1.
  • Options
    losian2losian2 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    solstar777 wrote: »
    Gnomes are not a core race according to 4th Ed, which is what this iteration of online D&D was designed around. If anything, Dragonborn should have been included in the place of Half-Orc, but I understand that Forgotten Realms lore surrounding Dragonborn would be a bit more difficult (i.e. longwinded) to explain.

As for the announcement, I agree that no class info (*ahem* Rangers) kinda stinks.

And what are these shenanigans with "Sun" elves and "Moon" elves? Just call them all Eladrin so you can introduce the term, then, if you really want to get technical with character creation, make the distinction then. The character that introduced Quorthon, the spell-plagued wizrd in The Chasm, referred to him as an Eladrin in the voice over, but the text read "Sun Elf." Don't shy away from it. Own it!

EDIT: To malkvianite: Don't call an Eladrin "just another elf race" to his face. He might sternly glare at you in disgust...or throw a fireball.

Let's also cut to the quick - dragon born would be a difficult race to add. If you look at present races they are *all* resized humans using the Cryptic character edit deal. This becomes most (painfully) obvious when looking at Tieflings. The horns clip into their heads and are not in any way molded to them.

This tells us that all armor/etc. in the game is probably modeled to fit around a base skeleton/rig that deforms around the base body type or types.

Aka - they took the easy way out and it will be a ton easier to make boring humanoid races over and over (elves of all varieties, half-this, half-that, etc.) than anything vaguely non-humanoid. The least humanoid thing now is just humans with horns clipping into their head awkwardly and just looks so painfully tacky for a full-on 'race'. It was acceptable in a game like Champions with all that you could make, but not in this case. :( It's bad enough that 4th ed's awesome core classes and races got trimmed down so heavily to what Neverwinter released.
  • Options
    dragobsstitchdragobsstitch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well at least we are getting the eladrin so that is another core race down. I just hope we get the dragonborn soon after that.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Think I would like to see.

-Mentoring system
    -More guild stuff. We are on guild bank 3 number 4 cost 600K AD, and no one can donate AD to guild bank.
    -More armor/weapon selection for lower levels
    -More classes, I know we need the two coming, but another type of Tank and Healer I hope is next.
    -Housing/Guild halls this is just a dream for me and should be way down the road, once bugs and stuff fixed, BUT I WANT SOME GUILD HALLS!!!!

Thats just a few things I want, looking forward to the module 1!!!! Keep up the good work and please bring a mentoring system some day.
  • Options
    silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to it, to be honest. I'm a huge fan of Moon elves, being one of my favorite Faerun elf races. They are a beautiful, and mystical race, so I will be making one once they are available. I do hope to see some information on the new classes coming soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well at least we are getting the eladrin so that is another core race down. I just hope we get the dragonborn soon after that.

I thought the Sun and Moon Elves were subraces of the Eladrin; weren't the Eladrin named High Elves?
  • Options
    dragobsstitchdragobsstitch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I thought the Sun and Moon Elves were subraces of the Eladrin; weren't the Eladrin named High Elves?
    Well yes they are subraces for the Eladrin. But even in game the Sun and Moon Elves that show up are called Eladrin. At least in voice over.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »

Eladrin(High Elves) - Sun, Moon, and Star

Elf - Wood, Wild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaalshaal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apreciate the incoming Stuff but we really really need some more classes annd new parangon trees for existing classes.
  • Options
    ricktus1973ricktus1973 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shaal wrote: »
    Apreciate the incoming Stuff but we really really need some more classes annd new parangon trees for existing classes.

This. Ranger anytime soon?
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    In 4E, gnomes are not a "core" race. At least not until Player's Handbook 2. Dragonborn would be the next 4E race that should appear. Whether or not they do is a completely different issue.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    In 4E, gnomes are not a "core" race. At least not until Player's Handbook 2. Dragonborn would be the next 4E race that should appear. Whether or not they do is a completely different issue.

Your argument that Dragonborn are more of a "core" race in 4E because they appear in PH1, while gnomes don't show up until PH2 makes some sense. However, I will point out that gnomes have been a part of every iteration of D&D from AD&D through the current 4E rule set. Dragonborn didn't even exist in the first 3 iterations (4 if you count Basic D&D as separate from AD&D), and were a fairly late addition to 3.5. Thus, I suspect that gnomes may have more devout following (myself, admittedly, included). Ultimately, they will add the races based on two things: 1) how easy they are to implement, and 2) how popular will they be with the player base.

My vote is for the little bearded fellow hurling illusions.
  • Options
    saeszu22saeszu22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First, let me start by saying that I feel Neverwinter is a solid game that will be around for a long time. I am a Neverwinter fan, a supporter who purchased the Hero of the North pack as well, but I just wanted to mirror many of the requests for a RANGED Ranger or Warlock Class. Currently there is really only one ranged DPS/Support in the Control Wizard. I would prefer a weapons-based Ranger class, but would welcome the shadowy lock class too. Can you please give us an update about when you plan on implementing the new class(es)? I have heard a few things and would like to hear it from Admin. I would like to dig in deep and really make my character up, but there currently aren't any classes I really can get into. Thanks and sorry if I stepped on any toes in my ramblings here today. I support each of you in creating a game that you would love to play. Take care! =)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a bit worried about the boss fights without adds. I just fear it's going to be "kite and strike". Nothing to fear, nothing to be taken care of by support classes, and everyone zergs the boss. The current game is designed to require control. I hope that there will be some sort of adds people don't consider as adds (since some here seems to hate this mechanic). I would hate boss fights to be dps races or some sort of stupid and complex mechanic to debuff the boss. That would be utterly boring. I'm levelling up a CW. If you remove adds, then i may just stop playing it and make a TR to zerg content.

Please don't make it trickster rogue online, add something to do for support and aoe classes! I would hate being forced to spec my new CW into some sort of ranger/warlock and my cleric into a passive heal bot just looking at the ground and only taking care of HP bars.