test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Level 60 GWFs Assessment of Powers POST PATCH (Devs Read Again)

2»

Comments

• theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    @theliethesame

wait, since when can roar hit 8 targets? isn't the target cap on all gwf powers 5?
    if you can hit 8 targets with roar then you are using an exploit, because i just used it in game and could only hit 5

so there is 1 of 2 things that you are doing:
    1) you used an exploit to increase your target cap (and thus are cheating to get more damage)
    2) you are exaggerating to make yourself look better

Ofcourse I don't use any exploits. I do know that when I use Roar on many adds, i can get up to 60-70% AP bar from it in some occassions. Maybe the damage is on 5 targets cap, but you get extra Action Points per other target anyways.

@Spacejew
    Roar is the best option for Destroyer too. Its not only the determination, but the action points that make it mandatory on 3+ targets, especially after the patch (cd reduction on Roar). It is simply better from Darting Shout (along with the mark feat).
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    The main reason Roar is so good is because of the absolutely ludicrous amount of AP it gives you. It allows you to hit Slam at least twice as often as you would be able to without it. All the other things it does are just happy side effects. The fact that many of those side effects can situationally be extremely beneficial in their own right has earned Roar a permanent spot on my bar in PvE.
    tumblr_lucboxF2cK1r17826.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    I didn't make this clear so I'll state it plainly:

The main reason Roar is so good is because of the absolutely ludicrous amount of AP it gives you.

I'll have to check that out, could be promising. I'll admit I was looking at mostly the Determination gain given that more ranks up the Determination. AP gain didn't seem particularly out of line with some other things I've tried, but worth another look.

EDIT:

At first blush it seems to give roughly the same amount of AP gain as IBS with the same target cap. Both of them have incredibly bad, difficult to use AoE's, so yeah that could work I suppose. Dunno what Daily you'd use it to feed though...Crescendo maybe?

Actually yeah it does give better AP gain than IBS. I'm using it with the Destroyer cap though, so yeah Roar's solid. Knockback still gives me fits.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd really love to see something happen with Mighty Leap. It's a cool ability but needs a little more.
  • ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    I'll have to check that out, could be promising. I'll admit I was looking at mostly the Determination gain given that more ranks up the Determination. AP gain didn't seem particularly out of line with some other things I've tried, but worth another look.

EDIT:

At first blush it seems to give roughly the same amount of AP gain as IBS with the same target cap. Both of them have incredibly bad, difficult to use AoE's, so yeah that could work I suppose. Dunno what Daily you'd use it to feed though...Crescendo maybe?

Actually yeah it does give better AP gain than IBS. I'm using it with the Destroyer cap though, so yeah Roar's solid. Knockback still gives me fits.

It's an all purpose ability that always stays on my hotbar. It's a fantastic AOE interrupt as well. Short cooldown now.
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.