test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request

dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Snip......
Post edited by dkcandy on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /disagree

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=686

Read the rules of conduct for the forums. Aandrethegiant is simply doing his job, which includes editing posts, closing threads or warning customers that they're violating the code of conduct.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have an issue with a Mod, you should PM the Community Manager - sominator

As to the referred to thread, everything looks fine there.
  • Options
    bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    /signed. He is not suited for this role. Especially with the bad state of the game.

Customer Support does not respond for 4 weeks! People come to the forum for answers. he closes them down saying mail Customer Support. Just an example.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bongstick wrote: »
    /signed. He is not suited for this role. Especially with the bad state of the game.

Customer Support does not respond for 4 weeks! People come to the forum for answers. he closes them down saying mail Customer Support. Just an example.

In many cases, there is literally NOTHING that the forum staff can do for those people. Contacting CS is the only way for them to get a resolution.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Let me get this right....he edited a post that contained profanity and you want him gone?

He closes threads that veer so far off point from the OP you want him removed?

He has participated in many threads regarding his opinion and has not been overbearing.

I think you just need to take a few hours break and take a chill. Go outside and rub some sunshine on your face.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Well we can add one more thing that is alienating the playerbase to the list. I guess they did not learn that being smug and not listening to customers gets you nowhere ask Microsoft about that one.
  • Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imagesqtbnANd9GcRVZbefDri32Yau1HcGX_zpsbdc38b47.jpg
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bongstick wrote: »

He moderates forums. He has no power when it comes to helping resolve game issues. He is here to police the threads and keep them civil. Many times he closes a thread for good reason. Sometimes he even links a thread or two to help people with an issue.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having been a mod many other places..it's a no win thankless job..:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And.... motion rejected. He has done nothing outside of the realms of his position. Review the code of conduct for the forums, all of his proposed transgressions are within the keeping of the CoC.

L2Forum, don't blame the mod for correcting your actions
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When a mod starts to belittle members of the community and calls them "Whiners" I've got a problem!

The admin's don't close a thread normally till it becomes a flame war. But customers legitimately discussing what they think is wrong and calling them whiner's as a mod is wrong and then closing the thread is wrong.

As I said I do not like having to submit a request to have mod rights revoked as aandre is a very active mod and that's what the community needs.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Mods can have their own opinions. And they are merely enforcing the rules and regulations of the forum. If you don't like the rules then don't use it.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    He started a flame war, then closed the thread for flames.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He's way better than the TSW mods. If you want to see an example of terrible, power-mad mods, check out those forums. There's really only one that's bad but she's so bad she drove my entire guild to NWO. In 18 years of MMOs and reading forums daily, she's the only mod I've ever had issue with.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    When a mod starts to belittle members of the community and calls them "Whiners" I've got a problem!

If someone is whining, doesn't that make them a whiner? When I'm out running, people call me a runner.....
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's because I generally agree with aandrethegiant's views, but I consider him to be doing just fine in a rather thankless job...so no, I most certainly do not support the OP in this..

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really!? Hahaha.

For those who didn't make it in before the lock, my sincere apologies ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.