test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it sad or funny that Neverwinter has less than 100 viewers on "launch" day?

2»

Comments

• Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do i sense some competing MMO company trolling here?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why would I watch someone play a game? Esp this game?

It's not like people have amazing customized builds with 40 to 50 different spells they can use or tons of dif skills, gear sets and weapons, heck mutli class builds......everything is so cookie cutter here. People are chosen on Gear Score...not on knowledge or skill.

I have watched a few short 1 to 2 min videos of someone doing something cool, or amazing, in some of games out there--this game will never be able to touch that kind of stuff IMHO, it is far too limited and dumbed down.

But IMHO that is not what this game is supposed to be. It's a game where you play the content thru once or twice, and move on, and come back when new content is released.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Put your tinfoil hat back on. The same monsters that are trying to kill Neverwinter may try and drain what little intelligence you have left.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you want NW to have viewers, go donate $5k to Sodapop to stream some NW lol, 8k worth of trolls will be roaming on NW twitch chat.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yup, Neverwinter has less than 100 viewers right now, during Twitch's (NA) peak hours, on "launch" day.

Ellohime, Neverwinter's biggest remaining streamer and supporter, announced today he's basically done with this game and won't be streaming Neverwinter anymore.

Every other big time streamer that streamed Neverwinter has already quit the game or got banned a month+ ago.

Seriously, will i be given a Tier 2 Gear by watching it in TV?
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Hypocrites.

Watch me stream while I wipe my ***. then I'll donate $10 to charity just to say I did something great for the world.

Would you be my fan?

Seriously, The actual players playing and enjoying this game are well, playing it. Not watching someone else play it....
    forumskill.gif
  • Options
    schlaftenschlaften Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Never watch streams anyway
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of us could care less about watching someone else play an MMO when you could be playing it yourself.
    This is akin to morons posting their "review" of an MMO on the game's forum.
    Like most of us give a %^&* what you think, let alone want to watch you stream/post a never-ending torrent of narcissistic self-stroking.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would anyone stream a game which end game content is glitched and exploitable , I for one would never watch such BS .
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    To all the tards / NW fanbois saying "why would I watch Neverwinter being played instead of playing it myself..." the same could be said about all games. Yet they still have more viewers than Neverwinter does on its LAUNCH DAY. That's the point you all seem to be missing and/or ignoring. This is supposed to be Neverwinter's big day, other than their actual launch day back on April 30th. They can't even manage to get 100 viewers on the day of their first major content patch and official launch day. Launch days for all games usually draw in hundreds, if not thousands of viewers. Yes, Neverwinter had that back in early - mid May. But those streamers and viewers quickly dwindled down to nothing these days.

To all the tards saying "why should I care about Twitch or how many viewers Neverwinter has?" You shouldn't care if you don't want to care. I never asked for anyone to care. But most developers and publishers sure care. Twitch and streaming brings in a lot of new players and is free advertising for games. Why do you think Cryptic held an official "streamers' day" event just last week? It's because they want to get more people watching this game on Twitch so that they can attract new players.

Yeah, I work for Blizzard and am here to sabotage Neverwinter. LOL you caught me bro. That's why I have 2 level 60s fully geared out, right? That's why I cared enough about this game to constantly report bugs, hoping Cryptic would get their sh*t together and fix this game, right? Who's the real troll here?
  • Options
    thegizzardthegizzard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with all the mature and positive comments in this thread.
  • Options
    werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    OK I've watched a few streams, Basically narcissistic Caucasians trying to be koreans, trying to make a name for themselves by being the "First This!" and the first "That", Then begs from viewers to give them stuff so they can get to the "first that" faster.

Then tries a game that requires actual skill and coordination...... gets his *** handed to him, never streams that game again, and calls it a stupid/fail game.

And I'm the tard for not liking them. LOL.

the only players that get attracted by this kind of exposure are the ones who flood the forums with mindless, stupid complaints. Once their Streamer God bashes a game, they all go mental and drown the forums with their incessant bull****.
    forumskill.gif
  • Options
    draaagundraaagun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watch Mistato when he streams good guy, usually pvp and new guantlgrym content. Mindflayer server ftw !. regarding streaming I watch twitch but I play games to play them. and Just enjoy twitch for new games or events. Loving DnD tho.
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah and Blizzard games has more viewers than any games that PWE released LOL ^^ that's life.

Learn from Blizzard guys.
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yeah and Blizzard games has more viewers than any games that PWE relaased LOL ^^ that's life.

Learn from Blizzard guys.

Blizzard OP.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Sorry to interject, but you misquoted Einstein in your signature.. It should be, "infinite," not, "finite."

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe people are just playing the game.

I mean, what's the point of watching a stream of a FREE MMO GAME which you can just go in and try yourself?..
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its not funny or sad. I don't focus my value based on how many views. That's why one of the subs reasons failed. The more subs must mean the giant success and less subs must mean the game is sucking. Virtually no sub, yet still you try to find a reason to compare games.

People play for personal enjoyment. Those tracking count of everyone that leaves or comes in the game like their doing them a favor when in reality. They are a tiny tiny scope in a giant grid. In short those numbers mean nothing. This game just officially launched yesterday and already people rooting for its ending.