test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Booting Fail

2»

Comments

• egreir87egreir87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aye i was massing alch mats. Hit lvl 20 alch shortly after game came up today was trying to craft some flasks :( really bummed out that i cant get back in.
  • bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @eraxis we are having same issue, but some of us have not done any alchemy. We did participate in Guantlgrym.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • ahblessahbless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hadn't even looked at alchemy, was just playing around with auction house in protector's enclave
  • perfectvirissperfectviriss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Funny stuff. There are 2 people in the enclave right now. Take down the godamn servers and fix the issue. No reason to wait until the maintenance in the morning.
  • egreir87egreir87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Annnnnd still no response from anyone in charge. FFS this is obviously happening with more than just a handful of players. Please address this.
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    egreir87 wrote: »
    Annnnnd still no response from anyone in charge. FFS this is obviously happening with more than just a handful of players. Please address this.

We're acting on it as we speak -- thanks everyone for your help in identifying the symptoms, it's helped us find the root cause. We're minutes away from posting more information, so stay tuned. Thanks for your support, everyone, I appreciate it.
  • omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    *retrieving maps* *timed out*

fix this **** already
    edited June 2013
    Thanks <3 Hopefully its an easy fix!
  • naughtypainnaughtypain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    Gauntlgrym is temporarily off due to an issue affecting some players. This *only* affects Gauntlgrym; stay tuned, more info shortly.
    Atleast they are showing that they know about it.
    Let's break up this sewing circle plz and start murdering things.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're acting on it as we speak -- thanks everyone for your help in identifying the symptoms, it's helped us find the root cause. We're minutes away from posting more information, so stay tuned. Thanks for your support, everyone, I appreciate it.

Thanks TT.
  • ajsmeajsme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same error - either timeout or failed boot log.

Have an alchemy item stuck in a profession slot (can't collect). Can login to other accounts and the same account on the test server.
  • alldayy69alldayy69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting topic here. I just made a new account and logged into the game on same server with no problems at all. Then closed game and switched to my primary account only to get the same error "Player booting failed" Perhaps this is not a serverside problem but something with the character itself. I can say that i ran the new Gauntlgrym PVE zone today.
    edited June 2013
    egreir87 wrote: »
    Thanks <3 Hopefully its an easy fix!

The engineers haven't gone into panic mode, just "serious anime-style focus", so my assumption is it isn't too rough. It just takes some working -- which I'll post about shortly. ;)

alldayy69 wrote: »
    Interesting topic here. I just made a new account and logged into the game on same server with no problems at all. Then closed game and switched to my primary account only to get the same error "Player booting failed" Perhaps this is not a serverside problem but something with the character itself. I can say that i ran the new Gauntlgrym PVE zone today.

ajsme wrote: »
    Same error - either timeout or failed boot log.

Have an alchemy item stuck in a profession slot (can't collect). Can login to other accounts and the same account on the test server.

Yeah, on both counts. The alchemy issue is probably the same, and the issue is character- or account-centric.
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    https://twitter.com/neverwintergame

For the Most Recent Updates....
  • perfectvirissperfectviriss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably the new que for pvp thats got things messed up. i can say that i used the que today and got 2 scrolls from finishing PVE still in my bags

I didn't do the PvP Queue part only the PvE sections and I have the issue.
    edited June 2013
    probably the new que for pvp thats got things messed up. i can say that i used the que today and got 2 scrolls from finishing PVE still in my bags
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Its related to the Accounts somehow still showing a GHOST of us online in some fashion and not enabling us to log in. I've been on our Guild Vent the whole time, they still show me online. Initially after a PVP match, I was on the loading screen for PE for 10 minutes. I exited out and shut down the program and tried again then got the error. Big patches have hiccups. Just hoping I don't loose my daily invocation streak over this.
    edited June 2013
    More things to note. In Gauntlgrym, i remember a few players were getting disconnected during phase 2 and phase 3 but still being able to log back in right away. So whatever the bug is, did not seem to take hold onto an account until after all 3 phases of Gauntlgrym were completed.
    edited June 2013
    alldayy69 wrote: »
    More things to note. In Gauntlgrym, i remember a few players were getting disconnected during phase 2 and phase 3 but still being able to log back in right away. So whatever the bug is, did not seem to take hold onto an account until after all 3 phases of Gauntlgrym were completed.

This sounds about right, separate issue. One of the other updates going in tonight's maintenance is to fix some disconnect issues, so that should be good.
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Looks like they just bumped up the downtime till midnight PST till 2am...

Done for tonight, see yall tomorrow...

darklodus
  • lavatoryloadlavatoryload Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't get on still... not happy about this!
    edited June 2013
    Can't get on still... not happy about this!

Unfortunately, if you can't get on right now, you'll probably need to wait until maintenance. It's only a couple hours, though, so stay tuned -- we'll have you back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your support!
  • lavatoryloadlavatoryload Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, great, one bug after another... not happy, not happy at all... if it's not AFK bots it's a bug... if it's not a bug... it's some other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Really regret spending the $200 on the founders <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited June 2013
    All Big Patches have hiccups. Relax they are working on it.