test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New profession: Alchemy!

2»

Comments

• thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I checked Alchemy but couldn't try it cause my running task are only done in a couple of hours.

As far as I understand, all player usable potions are acquired with rare task only?
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • jaiavjaiav Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Checked in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Cleared caches in all of them to be sure.

There is no Alchemy according to the gateway. Go into the game client, it's there, but it's completely absent on the gateway. There went leveling it up a little at work today.
    <insert text here>
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know if the "Alchemy Launch event" is running/working for the Profession Booster packs? :S
  • silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    No love for us non basement dwellers :( I should have taken a sick day.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I checked Alchemy but couldn't try it cause my running task are only done in a couple of hours.

As far as I understand, all player usable potions are acquired with rare task only?

The rare tasks provide batch versions of potions you can make one at a time otherwise. The only exception are the potion that boosts action points and the other way they announced in the article.
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The rare tasks provide batch versions of potions you can make one at a time otherwise. The only exception are the potion that boosts action points and the other way they announced in the article.

I don't think so. Scrolling down from level 1 to 20, the list of common alchemy tasks only shows Aqua Vitea, several kinds of Vitriol and assets as rewards.

There are potion/dye batch rewards in the rare tasks though, thats correct.

Maybe it was planned/announced otherwise but the actual list doesnt show any common tasks with potion/dye rewards - except for the "minor unstable potion" which doesn't really qualify as "usable" imo.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I tried alchemy today. Here's my experience so far.

1. Hired Alchemist ( 6 seconds )
    2. Gathered Simple Components ( 10 minutes )
    3. Simple Vitriol Extraction ( 10 minutes )
    4. Rank 1 Experimentation ( 2 minutes)

So I did all these steps and received 1 Minor Unstable Potion and no experience. I used the Minor Unstable Potion and nothing happened. Nothing in my log or any text.

Maybe put a message in like, "This potion has no effect." or something like that if it's a dud. As it was I spent 22 minutes and got nothing, not even xp. Not too impressive.
  • inaahinaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaiav wrote: »
    Checked in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Cleared caches in all of them to be sure.

There is no Alchemy according to the gateway. Go into the game client, it's there, but it's completely absent on the gateway. There went leveling it up a little at work today.

This needs to be fixed. Calculated oversight IMO since they have no idea how alchemy will effect currency so they're limiting fast leveling to the basement dwellers!
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »
    Anyone know if the "Alchemy Launch event" is running/working for the Profession Booster packs? :S

Yes , I can confirm these work .
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Yes , I can confirm these work .

Ty, will be picking up a few :)
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This may be a bit off a stupid question, but where does one get "Basic Alchemical Knowledge"?
    edited June 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »
    This may be a bit off a stupid question, but where does one get "Basic Alchemical Knowledge"?

Zen Shop? ;)
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013
    Basic Alchemical Knowledge is acquired by doing the Rank XX Experimentation task. This is the task that rewards you with recipes for potions and the knowledge required to do further Research and rank up in Alchemy. Not every experiment is a success though so you may have to do multiple Experimentation tasks to succeed.
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks a lot. It's a refreshing change to how professions work.
  • jaiavjaiav Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hiya, graalx3.

I'm glad the devs get involved in the forums in this game, it's awesome.

To the point, though, is there a reason Alchemy is missing from the Gateway? Do we know when it might be available through our favorite not-at-home MMO interface? No rush, for me, but it would be nice :)
    <insert text here>
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my biggest worry atm is that my profession inventory bag is almost filled.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »

i got one doing my first unstable potion
    21.jpg
  • ricutzusricutzus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no alchemy tab on Auction House - so no way to trade alchemy assets / materials
    edited June 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Basic Alchemical Knowledge is acquired by doing the Rank XX Experimentation task. This is the task that rewards you with recipes for potions and the knowledge required to do further Research and rank up in Alchemy. Not every experiment is a success though so you may have to do multiple Experimentation tasks to succeed.

Thats one of the few things I really like about NW - the fresh approach to crafting.

Leadership tasks where allready something different from the standard MMO crafting, adding chance to Alchemy tasks makes this profession funnier and more challenging - at least imo.
  • dagorathoodagorathoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy Stuff cannot be "FOUND" in AH !!!