test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Day and Night cycle.

healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
( ゚▽゚) You have no idea how much I like this. Thank you Cryptic!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    ya the other day i was like...its dark in town...is that new? LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just noticed, Makos and his student are gone. Cryptic, why did you do this? ;___;
  • Options
    jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We realy have night/day cycle now? Thats a good improvement for sure. Too bad the event vendor is gone got a bag full of bones in backpack...
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doubt there is day and night cycle. It was just dark for the "event" and went instantly "daylight" at 9am pst when event ended.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ontonan wrote: »
    Doubt there is day and night cycle. It was just dark for the "event" and went instantly "daylight" at 9am pst when event ended.

This what I figured as well, but that night sky was gorgeous and I'd like to see more of it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Keep this!
    2qd0lja.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes dammit! Keep the day night cycle!

Heck I'd perfer the town being night more than day.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also fear it was just the event. That the portals still opened a couple of times after the update (in broad daylight again) was a bug I guess...
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Keep this!
    2qd0lja.jpg

Beautiful Selune. I hope we'll get to see more of this moon instead of during "Valindra's Special Only". (゚ー゚)
  • Options
    sinazeussinazeus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice to see a rotation of Night and Day. Not sure how they would need to manage the actual number of hours as the Real World Keeps Turning and Toril has 12 hour Days and 12 hour Nights. Most cities haves Bells that represent High Sun and Midnight.

Not sure if Neverwinter ever had or has or will ever have any, you might need to check with Ed on that. Solar and Lunar Eclipses are quiet frequent in the Realms and Selune's (Moon) Phases are exactly the same time each month. Selune's Tears, that trail of stars beside the moon, take about 3 to 4 hours to Rise and Set after the moon on a 60 degree angle. How and if they do or did something like that in the game would be remarkable but maybe not necessary.

It would be nice to have a Dusk, Dawn, High Sun, or Midnight every so often but I am not sure if or how they would manage it so all players would get a mix of both, unless certain Protector Enclaves would represent this and the player somehow managed which Enclave they landed in or would night and day, cycle through the enclaves as a days or season passed.

I'm not even going to get into Midwinter, Greengrass, Midsummer, Highharvestide, and The Feast of the Moon which are celebrated Holidays that also point out the seasons.

Ah, but that is the Realms...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's probably difficult since the in-game clock shows your local time, but you could be in an instance with people playing in time zones around the world.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia