test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym

rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So you have to join a guild to be able to do Gauntlgyrm, nice slap in the face for all the players that prefer to play solo and join groups when they want to.

What muppet at Cryptic came up with that idea :(
Post edited by rezoned on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go make your own guild?
    You just need to get 4 people to party with you so you can make it, then they can leave.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh..wow now this is some serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Is this fact or speculation?
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Oh..wow now this is some serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Is this fact or speculation?

Fact. .
    edited June 2013
    You have to be aligned with one of the 2 factions to enter Gauntlgrym. Only a Guild Leader can select the faction for their guild. Therefore, you must be in a Guild. (As was posted several weeks ago when they announced it.)

As long as you're in an aligned guild, you can enter Gauntlgrym.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah not sure why Cryptic would set it up like this.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah not sure why Cryptic would set it up like this.

because **** you, thats why
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rezoned wrote: »
    So you have to join a guild to be able to do Gauntlgyrm, nice slap in the face for all the players that prefer to play solo and join groups when they want to.

MMOs end game events designed for guilds only and not solo players? OH EM GEE! This must be the first game in a decade to do that!
  • devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rezoned wrote: »

Yeh, soloers got a big slap in the face this round but maybe something equally as good is coming.
    edited June 2013
    So in other words, theres no new content for all lvl 60 solo characters, only the guilded people...Sorry, I dont want to schedule my life around a raid. I want to be able to join/queue for it when I have the time.

Oh wow, this really gives me something to think about. Im not sure I want to join a guild because I hate all the BS politics that come with it: Must be on X amount of hours per week, must adhere to a raid schedule...250 people in the guild where no one knows anyone, no personal relationships. 100 people in the guild, where they have 10 tanks or 10 healers already..and youre probably going to be left out of raids/guild content.

No, I prefer to fly solo for this reason, or join a small guild(10-20 people max) where everyone is chill with eachother, low expectations, and everyone is included.

this just pisses me off.
  • mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Go make your own guild?
    You just need to get 4 people to party with you so you can make it, then they can leave.

I made my guild and didnt worked:
    http://s17.postimg.org/ihqattwdb/lame.jpg

I just play solo (dont like groups/guild) and love pvp, but Im bored with Dominion PVP and had hope about Gauntlgrym pvp. Now I cant join, well.. good bye Neverwinter!
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    It's been posted for several weeks now. No big surprise here.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mmzbr wrote: »

I just play solo (dont like groups/guild) and love pvp, but Im bored with Dominion PVP and had hope about Gauntlgrym pvp. Now I cant join, well.. good bye Neverwinter!

You need to align your guild...
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont understand why people are upset about this.
    You just have to be in a guild related to one of the 2 factions nothing more. You don't have to socialize, you don't have to talk. Just create your own freakin guild, and my god maybe you should start to use your brain because this is a freakin MMORPG. MASSIVE MULTI ORPG, not a single player game. What are you doing here if you mind joining a guild.
    edited June 2013
    mmzbr wrote: »

Did you align your guild?
    edited June 2013
    You just have to be in a guild related to one of the 2 factions nothing more. You don't have to socialize, you don't have to talk. Just create your own freakin guild, and my god maybe you should start to use your brain because this is a freakin MMORPG. MASSIVE MULTI ORPG, not a single player game. What are you doing here if you mind joining a guild.

News flash: Being in a guild isnt the core of an MMO. Social interaction is, group play is, auction houses, seeing other players on the map, pvp..Guilds are just one aspect of MMO. Otherwise, they would infuse the world guild into mmo.
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to be aligned with one of the 2 factions to enter Gauntlgrym. Only a Guild Leader can select the faction for their guild. Therefore, you must be in a Guild. (As was posted several weeks ago when they announced it.)

As long as you're in an aligned guild, you can enter Gauntlgrym.

this is the dumbest thing ever put into a game.

your guild leader has to pick a faction.

what happens if the guild leader is on vacation or something of that nature, and cant/doesnt log in to the game to pick a faction? you have to leave the guild and join another one?

BONE
    HEADED
    IDEA
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    and u cant join any guild why?GTFO
    edited June 2013
    Indeed they did tell us in advance, I guess I just glazed over it. And not everyone visits this website. So this IS going to be a surprise to a lot of people.

Its a stupid idea.

Now I must begin the inner debate within myself: Quit neverwinter for good this time, and trudge back on to GW2, or trudge allll the way back to WoW..or give Rift another shot.

Or diablo 3 again, or maybe even Tera again. So many fcking options...but I wanted to play neverwinter. Just not this way.

Go****** cryptic.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG it's optional content that I don't like the setup of?!?!?

Worst game evar!!!!

..... kids these days
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    this is the dumbest thing ever put into a game.

your guild leader has to pick a faction.

what happens if the guild leader is on vacation or something of that nature, and cant/doesnt log in to the game to pick a faction? you have to leave the guild and join another one?

BONE
    HEADED
    IDEA
    Guilds with slightest clue about organization that ain't made of random nabsters invited in zone chat have officers who are able to do that or 2nd leaders.

The only dumb things here are the players with absolutely no clue, common sense or organization.
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am a solo player. I read about Gauntlgyrm and saw it was a PVP guild love fest. I am glad those players got the content they wanted. I hope they enjoy it, seriously. I am fine poking around solo dungeons, crafting, and collecting enchantments while I wait for RANGER ...FFS GIVE ME A EFFIN RANGER !!!...sorry about that...sometimes I get a bit over zealous ...anyway...enjoy your raid content folks. Hope they have stuff you sell and I will be crafting pots you will no doubt need in bulk.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Folks, I had the same initial reaction when this was first announced and I still don't agree with the guild requirement, but the fact is that it is not difficult to join a guild that requires absolutely nothing of you. After this argument first came up, I was skeptical but visited the Guild forum, browsed for about 5 minutes, saw a guild that looked casual and fitting to my taste, and sent the guild leader an email making clear my expectations. I received a positive response the next day, hooked up with it, and it's done. There are guilds out there that don't give a **** if you ever talk to another guild member and never contribute a thing to them.

As for the content, after reading the latest description of Gauntlgrym, it sounds a lot better than it was originally described, with plenty to do in PvE all throughout the stages of it. I suggest keeping an open mind and taking a look in the guild forum if you want to play this content.
    edited June 2013
    So if I join a guild that has no plans on doing gauntlgrym, how would I get into the raid? Do I have to go with my guild or can I queue for it solo
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You just have to be in a guild related to one of the 2 factions nothing more. You don't have to socialize, you don't have to talk.

So what's the point then? Why not let individuals "align" themselves to a particular faction? I'm not really upset by it but it is a disappointment.
  • waazzowaazzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol awesome.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    So if I join a guild that has no plans on doing gauntlgrym, how would I get into the raid? Do I have to go with my guild or can I queue for it solo

I don't know the specifics of it but from the last post describing the process, it does not sound like it's necessary for your guild to go with you. The key element is the faction with which your guild has aligned. So, if your guild is aligned with faction A, you can enter the event and be mapped with 19 other allied players with that faction. Whether they are members of your guild or not is irrelevant; the point is that only guilds can ally with factions. Once you're in, you're in, whether other guild members participate or not. I think that's how it works although somebody "official" should probably do a better job explaining the process.

rapticor, that was exactly my comment during the original discussion about the guild requirement. I still don't know why they wouldn't just allow individuals to ally with factions. It actually could enhance the game by bringing a "free agent" mentality to guild recruiting.

Now then, it is almost time to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it doesn't matter, why even have the requirement? Why are we being forced to be in a guild in order to participate in the content? It's unnecessary.
  • irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    They just killed this game if they let Gauntlgrym be a guild join only and not queue up like all the other Dungeons
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    really, that's funny I got about 3 drive-by guild invites a day before I finally joined one.

don't suck, maybe be social a little, and guilds will come to you. most guilds are looking for more players.

don't want to join a guild? don't. the gauntlasdfasdf is 100% optional. it only drops T1 and T2 gear which you can get in regular epic dungeons.

there, problem solved. you're welcome.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go make your own guild?

Indeed. This should have been /thread. But sadly it was not.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
This discussion has been closed.