test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please have more than 5 characters per account

elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was wondering if you are going to up the allowed number of characters per account, at the moment it seems we are only allowed 5 per account, I am willing to pay for the extra slots to be able to have more characters, thing is with the new up and coming class I will at the moment have to start a new account if I want to be able to have this, I would rather not do this and would prefer to just have 1 account. I am hoping you will look into this and maybe up the character slot allowance accordingly to cover the new class when it comes.
Post edited by elrondial on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    You may purchase up to 50 character slots per account through the Zen Store.
  • seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Zen is your friend!

Although 50 slots is a bit extreme *wink*
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, you only start out with two per account. Not five.
  • aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ohhh, I think I know this issue OP. You have to buy the character slots from one of your characters in game, not from the character selection screen.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad you're awake ambisinisterr... My sleep-addled mind was racing to remember the numbers... -_-

OP, you get your 2 free slots and have to buy more, currently at 500 Zen / 2 slots, up to the maximum of 50.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Also, you only start out with two per account. Not five.

If you're a Founder, at least HoTN not sure on Guardian, you start out with 5 character slots.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    If you're a Founder, at least HoTN not sure on Guardian, you start out with 5 character slots.

Guardian gets 1 extra slot, so has 3.
  • benialahabenialaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do wonder if your account becomes premium after a purchase on the market like in D&D online.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    benialaha wrote: »
    I do wonder if your account becomes premium after a purchase on the market like in D&D online.

This game doesn't have tiered access in that manner, as there is no subscription option, but only f2p. As such, there is no middle ground for a premium level of access to occupy.
  • fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    You may purchase up to 50 character slots per account through the Zen Store.

Which makes it ridiculous that the game only allows you two characters to start the game with. If you're going to have a maximum of 50 character slots, at least let players have 5 free ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
    edited June 2013
    fallacy1 wrote: »
    Which makes it ridiculous that the game only allows you two characters to start the game with. If you're going to have a maximum of 50 character slots, at least let players have 5 free ones.

It's a free game. 2 characters should be more than enough to get a feel for the game and see if you want to throw in a couple bucks or not.
  • dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DDO only allows free accounts 2 slots, premium get 4 the rest have to be bought. Vip or subscribers get 10 and the rest have to be bought to a max of 40. With then new paid expansion it allowed me to have 44 character slots in ddo. If a DDO sub drops to premium they loose 6 slots until they are bought.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fallacy1 wrote: »

You realize you can have as many slots as you want, as making a new account is free, right?
  • orinllhausorinllhaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its too bad too, cause I was hoping to get lifetime like other cryptic games and just have ZEN generated every month.
  • vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I 'must' give them money to play more (have 3+ chars), and to don't waste their servers space with multi accounts.

Mmh...
    edited June 2013
    vashwix wrote: »
    I 'must' give them money to play more (have 3+ chars), and to don't waste their servers space with multi accounts.

Mmh...

Yes you must. You can play for free just fine with two characters slots. They have to make some money somewhere I don't really think $5 for 2 more slots is going to break anyone's bank. The problem is everyone wants just about everything for free. How about you start a game company and give away everything for free and see how well that works out for you.
  • stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Better yet. How about a free talent respect to go along with our free power respec?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stalog wrote: »
    Better yet. How about a free talent respect to go along with our free power respec?

Mrrr? I believe it's a full respec of everything, but you can access it from any character sheet tab.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stalog wrote: »

You mean Feats?
    Yeah... when you RESPEC the Powers, your Feats are automatically reset too...
  • stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    You mean Feats?
    Yeah... when you RESPEC the Powers, your Feats are automatically reset too...
    Yeah. What I meant not what I said. And Thank you for the heads up on that.