test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odd Personal Information Request from Perfect World

2»

Comments

• Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    I apologize for the post; I am only now being made aware of Skrill's policies. I would still never send that information to a company like Skrill. Get a PayPal account or something.

Obviously your computer does not have malware if these are legitimate requests from Skrill.

got with Paypal and have it verified. It is much safer :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I apologize for the post; I am only now being made aware of Skrill's policies. I would still never send that information to a company like Skrill. Get a PayPal account or something.

Obviously your computer does not have malware if these are legitimate requests from Skrill.

No worries dude, I know where you were coming from, and it is always wise to make sure that you are aware of safety considerations.

You will find that Paypal also have to verify their customers in the same way as Skrill do, however, as I said, I was more comfortable about giving information to paypal, whom I consider to be established, and more importantly, trusted.

But most importantly, when dealing with any of these companies, make certain that you log on to their site via an address that YOU entered, not from a random link in an email.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    No worries dude, I know where you were coming from, and it is always wise to make sure that you are aware of safety considerations.

You will find that Paypal also have to verify their customers in the same way as Skrill do, however, as I said, I was more comfortable about giving information to paypal, whom I consider to be established, and more importantly, trusted.

But most importantly, when dealing with any of these companies, make certain that you log on to their site via an address that YOU entered, not from a random link in an email.

THIS!!!! x infinity :)

If you are going to use paypal and have a cellphone. I highly recommend add the cellphone protection. Every time you make a payment, it will require a code which will text to your cellphone. No code = no payment :) (also this is a good indicator if someone gotten your password and trying to send money)
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    If you are going to use paypal and have a cellphone. I highly recommend add the cellphone protection. Every time you make a payment, it will require a code which will text to your cellphone. No code = no payment :) (also this is a good indicator if someone gotten your password and trying to send money)

Good to know; I may look into this feature.

Also, I have had an active PayPal account for many years (I have been buying and selling on eBay since the late 1990s) and I have never had to send PayPal any photocopies of anything--not my Drivers license, Passport, a Utility bill, nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Good to know; I may look into this feature.

Also, I have had an active PayPal account for many years (I have been buying and selling on eBay since the late 1990s) and I have never had to send PayPal any photocopies of anything--not my Drivers license, Passport, a Utility bill, nothing.

Me neither. The only thing I did do was verified my paypal account via the deposit Paypal made to my account (two small amount) to verify the bank I attach is legit. That was about it.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    use paypal :P is better
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is only something that is law in EU.
    If you are in the states, there isnt such a requirement.
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suggest that you check your hosts file to make sure you have not been hijacked :)
  • Options
    fefnir3284fefnir3284 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm officially requesting PWE to get involved to get my zen purchasing abilities back, I've already instructed my bank and CC company to do anything on their part they can. Skrill/moneybrookers hasn't replied to any of my emails at all.

This is already ridiculous, anymore and I'll just say screw it.