test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get the "Launch" patch notes, if there are any?

aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would like to be able to comb through them tonight. Is it possible to have them posted early?
Post edited by aorin84 on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if those are the patch notes for Launch...
    I feel like I just went to see fire works and all I got was a bottle rocket.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we first fill up the servers with players ?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    if those are the patch notes for Launch...
    I feel like I just went to see fire works and all I got was a bottle rocket.

Well the majority of the "big" changes are already patched in. They just had to activate it. I think the "salvage" feature is already announced too and the changes to loot drops.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No new paragon trees, no new class(es), no new solo content.
    I'm terribly disappointed.

How long till Wildstar is out?!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

There's Gauntlegrym :) and Alchemy :)
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We're moving from open beta to launch - why would you be expecting new paragon trees, classes and solo content in launch that you haven't seen in beta or Preview?? ??
    Expect to see that stuff in the first module: Fury of the Feywild.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

None of that was promised this patch. None of that was on the preview server. Do you honestly expect they would bypass the test server to just drop in a new class?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    None of that was promised this patch. None of that was on the preview server. Do you honestly expect they would bypass the test server to just drop in a new class?

The bypassed everything just to go into Open Beta , and yes I would expect from PWE/Cryptic to do the exact same mistake they did before .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would expect them to be all "SURPRISE! Here's a new class!" instead of putting it in patch notes. Finding out by some patch notes is kinda boring.

Gauntlegrym requires that you be in a guild, and the mobs are supposedly super hard which means you most likely have to group. I wanted more solo content like the story line content dungeons and such.

And for a game going from soft launch to official launch, yes I expected something more. It was basically launched when Open Beta started since there are no character wipes. Anyone coming in for official launch is at a disadvantage, due to all the headstart and open beta players having reached 60 and beaten all end-game content.

In many players minds this official launch was something to be excited about, like there were some neat things coming. Like Drow, a new class or classes. I'm not the only one who was hoping for more than a sandbox grind zone and a new profession to sink cash into and take a month or more to level.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am kinda doubtful they would release a big content such as a new class without testing it first.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am kinda doubtful they would release a big content such as a new class without testing it first.

What did you just say :P I almost pee myself. That was totally funny. Oh my god i love this person.
    Its totally opposite of what this company does. Ahhhh Good time goodtimes
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy is interesting... the potions you produce are "Unstable" and their listed effect is "No one knows what effect this potion will have."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Alchemy is interesting... the potions you produce are "Unstable" and their listed effect is "No one knows what effect this potion will have."

It's literally quite true... most of the time the effect is ... "nothing"... sometimes it will shrink you... sometimes it transforms you into something else :P
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's literally quite true... most of the time the effect is ... "nothing"... sometimes it will shrink you... sometimes it transforms you into something else :P

ooh sounds awesome!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone say Elderscrolls...

Its not anything new they just rip off idea from another game. I remember mixing stuff together in that game to get potions or stuff. Something new would of been nice. Like if they blowup and cause you damage or change appearance, change your sex, Turn you blue. Or you get cursed and need a remove curse spell done. Or lower abilites and need restore abilities... Nothing neat like that will ever happen. This is cryptic it will just be like elderscrolls we expect lazy development so it will just be a clone of elderscrolls. The recieps will probly be fairly easy also they all will be posted online in a day or less soo Woohooo.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    because the Elder Scrolls series completely invented Alchemy and Potion Usage.

*shrug*
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013

LOL! Days ago, the excuse the whinners used for leaving NW was RIFT going F2P.
    Well, RIFT is now F2P, but the whinners are still here (cuz apparently nobody can 'stand' RIFT anymore :P). Now the new trending excuse is WILDSTAR. *roll eyes* When tehy'll leave for good? :P
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, RIFT is now F2P, but the whinners are still here (cuz apparently nobody can 'stand' RIFT anymore :P). Now the new trending excuse is WILDSTAR. *roll eyes* When tehy'll leave for good? :P

The only MMO i am waiting for is elderscrolls BUt that wont be until spring 2014. Why is that cause the developers want to launch that game only when its complete and ready to launch. The other one i am interested in is the Developer team that made WoW is working on one right now cant remember what its called. BUt it looks cool.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The only MMO i am waiting for is elderscrolls BUt that wont be until spring 2014. Why is that cause the developers want to launch that game only when its complete and ready to launch. The other one i am interested in is the Developer team that made WoW is working on one right now cant remember what its called. BUt it looks cool.

yeah...I'm just not anticipating Elder Scrolls at all. i just feel like they are going to take everything that made Elder Scrolls great and throw it away to make a MMO.

I'll wait for Elder Scrolls 6.

MMO-wise, what I am waiting for is Camelot Unchained. I may check out Wildstar whenever i get a beta invite.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

well, MMO forums, especially ones where posters are not tied to game accounts, are always packed with Fanboys of other games trolling the forum trying to convince people that their game is gonna be the end-all, be-all of MMOs and that the game people are currently playing and posting about is the worst game ever and everyone should quit to play their game.

Fanboys are the worst, I tell you.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yea, because Bethesda is well known for releasing bug free, compete, well tested software. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    saevynsaevyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone say Elderscrolls...

Its not anything new they just rip off idea from another game. I remember mixing stuff together in that game to get potions or stuff. Something new would of been nice. Like if they blowup and cause you damage or change appearance, change your sex, Turn you blue. Or you get cursed and need a remove curse spell done. Or lower abilites and need restore abilities... Nothing neat like that will ever happen. This is cryptic it will just be like elderscrolls we expect lazy development so it will just be a clone of elderscrolls. The recieps will probly be fairly easy also they all will be posted online in a day or less soo Woohooo.

Elder Scrolls didn't invent literally, any of that.
  • Options
    krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was really hoping for a new class, this doesn't look good. A lot of people are going to be upset, IMO.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, because Bethesda is well known for releasing bug free, compete, well tested software. :rolleyes:
    Isn't a good job that Bethesda aren't making it then? They are just the publisher in this instance, with ESO being made by Zenimax.

Hope it's good. Kinda doubt it.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Are items becoming BoP this patch or what?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Dragon shard is pretty empty though .
  • Options
    zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know ranger class was unannounced but im sad it is not here yet =(..along with drow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • Options
    lurie01lurie01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has maintenance started yet & is anyone else having trouble logging in? i click on neverwinter to play but nothing comes up,no patcher at all & when i try to do it from the game client it says connection has timed out when i try to log in...i've been trying to get online all afternoon :(