test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor penetration - who uses it?

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, in theory, savage enchantments win because you get more total stats than with any other current enchantment, split 50/50 Crit and Armor pen, however who stacks armor pen?? Everything I've read seems to write this off as a useless stat (along with regeneration).
Post edited by nevfe on

Comments

• destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont usually tell people what or I use or what my builds are.

But I say I use it on armor penetration on some of my characters. Thats all I'd say.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's quite silly. ArPen is a very useful stat...
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Everyone who PvPs requires armor penetration or else you'll find that your skill is doing piddly damage.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ArPen is godly until you get around 2200 of it, for pve.

For pvp depends what your swinging at.

Whatever you read either didn't test ArPen properly or was just provided false information.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Everyone who PvPs requires armor penetration or else you'll find that your skill is doing piddly damage.

LOL ArP is not needed for PvP. You are just being silly. PvP can be played in quest level 60 gear and just gets easier with better/gear enchants.

ArP is great for PvE but PvP it's just silly because you can 1-3 shot most players without it.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's a class thing. Crit and Power are the things I stack (CW and DC - also Recovery on the DC).
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    LOL ArP is not needed for PvP. You are just being silly. PvP can be played in quest level 60 gear and just gets easier with better/gear enchants.

ArP is great for PvE but PvP it's just silly because you can 1-3 shot most players without it.

Not true.. there's definitely a noticeable difference if you stack ArmPenetration.
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... the alternative viewpoints in this thread brings up another thought - is there any form of dps meter for Neverwinter?
  • grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013

But I say I use it on armor penetration on some of my characters. Thats all I'd say.

So secretive with your 11 herbs and spices! You must be the end all be all of MMO's!!! /sarcasm. Your pomposity astounds me!
    edited June 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    So secretive with your 11 herbs and spices! You must be the end all be all of MMO's!!! /sarcasm. You're pomposity astounds me!

Mmm... it must be finger lickin good. :D
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

This made me lol.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ArmPen is kinda needed even on CW, at least 1000 of it, helps out with dpsing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> down. TRs are known to stack ArmPen as well. My TR buds in love with the new enchantment stone. xD
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sad part is..you can look up peoples gear and stats so nothing is secretive.
    edited June 2013
    In the interests of full discosure, on my 9.4k gearscore DC I have:

3k power
    2.7k crit
    2.9k rec
    1.2k def
    0 arP
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fighters stack ArmorPen, as far as I know.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hold up. I though Power was a useless stat for low scaling, Regen..well, c'mon. Then bringing up the rear was ArP.

This isn't right anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    So secretive with your 11 herbs and spices! You must be the end all be all of MMO's!!! /sarcasm. Your pomposity astounds me!

Oh no. Not 11. Too much herbs and spices, and you wont be able to taste what it is anymore.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nobody, armor pen sucks. pretty much every spell I cast lowers enemy's DR.
    lol it probably goes into negative numbers. don't need armor pen for that...
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    nobody, armor pen sucks. pretty much every spell I cast lowers enemy's DR.
    lol it probably goes into negative numbers. don't need armor pen for that...

with armor pen you would do even more damage
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    If you want to do damage you'll get arpen. Otherwise stack HP and regeneration. That's what I do on my CW.
    edited June 2013
    If you want to do damage you'll get arpen. Otherwise stack HP and regeneration. That's what I do on my CW.

Regen is surely a wasted stat, pots do a much better job. (or the DC if you're in a group).
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    with armor pen you would do even more damage

if I could magically add more without removing other stats?

no. there's only so many slots.
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Regen is surely a wasted stat, pots do a much better job. (or the DC if you're in a group).

Stack Recovery not Regen.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TR's should be stacking ArP to around 2400 to remove PVE mobs mitigation.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So for dps - crit and arp rather then crit and power (since power seems to add actually pretty low amount of damage if i look at stats).
  • athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i added more armor pen and less power on my gwf and my damage went up.
    edited June 2013
    i added more armor pen and less power on my gwf and my damage went up.

Power is a joke for GWF. Armor Pen/Recovery > Crit/Crit Severity > Everything else > Power. The power per damage is just horrible (25 power for 1 point of damage).
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AP isn't needed for PvP but is it useful? Of course. I was told GWF want AP but I'm not so sure maybe work on AP after your Power hit around 3-4k, as for Regen useless? I use that on my DC to heal up quickly that's a great skill, ticking 1k+ below 50%
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there isnt any hidden power based boost to skill damage?
    edited June 2013
    AP isn't needed for PvP but is it useful? Of course. I was told GWF want AP but I'm not so sure maybe work on AP after your Power hit around 3-4k, as for Regen useless? I use that on my DC to heal up quickly that's a great skill, ticking 1k+ below 50%

Not saying regen is utterly useless.. it has the least amount of return per point invested. Same with Life steal.