test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Review for review

mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Need some reviews for my first ever quest.

NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein.

I will be happy to review yours as well, just post on here with the code :)

**Edit** V1.1 should be live soon (Make sure it has the 1.1 in description). It has a difficulty slider to make it more level 60 solo friendly. Very sorry to anyone who tried to play it, but could not make it through. If you still have the quest, I believe you will have to drop it and pick it up again. I would love some more feedback. This quest is designed to be simple and quick, with entertaining dialogue. Suggestions and corrections are downright necessary at this point. If you've tried it once, please give it one more shot. Or comment on what you did see :)

**Update** My quest now qualifies for daily foundry! I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who has played and/or reviewed it. I really was not expecting such positive feedback on my first quest. You guys are great! I'm happy with this quest as is for now. Future quests will hopefully be a bit more creative in terms of visuals. Thank you again.
NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
Post edited by mee2002 on

Comments

• Options
    hb4gaminghb4gaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I tried to solo your quest on my lvl 51 cleric with a tank comp, but I ran out of health pots and had to quit. This might be a tad too difficult as a solo encounter. I'll try it on my lvl 28 rogue and see if the outcome is different!

I won't review it until I've managed to complete it, but I will say that I grinned at some of the comments Cindy makes while pathing and that I'm liking the dialogue so far. Two tiny spelling issues I saw were: in Cindy's first dialogue she asks you to keep her "save" instead of "safe" and one of the objectives says: Protect Cindy while she "searched" (instead of "searches").

----

Update: Went back and did this on my rogue with no problems whatsoever (I think I used one health pot at most).

I enjoyed the dialogue, which is definitely the quest's strong point. The maps feel a tad empty, but that's easily toyed with. I neglected to write down which section of the dialogue it was, but toward the end you were missing a period or two and a couple capitalizations - easy fixes. I didn't find any bugs - everything seems to be working as intended and the objectives were very clear. I enjoyed the not-so-serious nature of the quest very much. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm. I was wondering how the difficulty would scale. My highest so far is only lvl 29. Did it at lvl 26 without too much hassle (GW with a cleric pet) and I have a friend who soloed it on his 21 Rogue. If you do still have problems (and even if you don't) let me know where and I'll try to tone it down a bit. Also, thank you! for the spelling errors. It's a pet peeve of mine, and I reread the dialogues so many times it made my eyes cross. I'll get those fixed up and take a look at your quest too :)
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just a quick bump and update. V1.1 is now live. It should be much easier for solo 60s, though the last encounter may still be difficult. I didn't feel like messing with it last night, but may tone it down while I work tonight (The Guard's Guards might become part of the slider). As always, let me know what you think!
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll try yours :3 I like difficult things.

You don't have to try mine, but if you want feel free.
    The newest one of my maps being, The Dwarven Tale
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds interesting. I'll add this one to my list, though it may take me a couple of days to get to it. Feel free to play mine, and let me know what you think (info in sig).
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've just finished playing through this quest and basically the biggest problem is that it finished. I really liked Cindy's character. The dialogue was genuinely amusing. I played with a 34TR and through the easy mode. Just have a few suggestions for you:

A Clearing In The Mountains <- the over world map icon at the very start. I just think capitols letters would fit better as PE's are written like that.

I seem to have a nasty habit of clicking abort exits without realising until too late. Perhaps an additional warning would be nice for daftee's like me? It's not a big deal as it didn't take long to get back but still.

Candy's dialogue before the stein room: "-but you've already proved yourself" should be proven, I believe.

I probably missed something but... what does the W.W.i.J.D Candy says as she's wandering mean?

Guardian's Guards... I liked that.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my Lonely Dagger Inn quest if you get the chance. Thanks :)
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That was fun! :) Like the others have said, she's such a loveable character, looking forward to seeing her again some time. I especially loved the teasing dialog at the end.

Your first objective is confusing, not clear on where i'm supposed to go. The objective says one thing, but the map i'm going to has a different label.

In the end, instead of clicking a rock, you might try using an invisible sphere clicky, or maybe some sort of ground decal, to represent heading back toward the exit. Just "click the rock" didn't quite fit in with the rest of the story.
  • Options
    hb4gaminghb4gaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    avatre21 wrote: »
    I probably missed something but... what does the W.W.i.J.D Candy says as she's wandering mean?

I'm guessing it's a play on the popular W.W.J.D. (What Would Jesus Do?) acronym. Except, for Cindy, it's "What Would Indiana..."

: D
  • Options
    avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hb4gaming wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a play on the popular W.W.J.D. (What Would Jesus Do?) acronym. Except, for Cindy, it's "What Would Indiana..."

: D

Ahha! That makes sense! Thanks :D
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A Clearing In The Mountains <- the over world map icon at the very start. I just think capitols letters would fit better as PE's are written like that.

I agree! I had actually meant to change that, and completely forgot. Should look better now.
    I seem to have a nasty habit of clicking abort exits without realising until too late. Perhaps an additional warning would be nice for daftee's like me? It's not a big deal as it didn't take long to get back but still.

I removed the abort exit from the first map to help that, but am leaving the doors. I know they aren't needed, but I always thought it was a nice touch.
    Candy's dialogue before the stein room: "-but you've already proved yourself" should be proven, I believe.

Absolutely correct! Fixed.

hb4 nailed it :P
    Guardian's Guards... I liked that.

Thank you!
    I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my Lonely Dagger Inn quest if you get the chance. Thanks :)

I absolutely will!
    zbkolde wrote: »
    That was fun! :) Like the others have said, she's such a loveable character, looking forward to seeing her again some time. I especially loved the teasing dialog at the end.

I'm glad to hear she is going over well with the test audiences :) I had a lot of fun making her.
    Your first objective is confusing, not clear on where i'm supposed to go. The objective says one thing, but the map i'm going to has a different label.

I updated the text on the first door. It should now tell you that you are using it to enter the cave. I also labeled the maps as cave - X floor.
    In the end, instead of clicking a rock, you might try using an invisible sphere clicky, or maybe some sort of ground decal, to represent heading back toward the exit. Just "click the rock" didn't quite fit in with the rest of the story.

I was a bit unhappy with this myself. I was in a hurry to get some initial feedback on the quest so I ended up picking the first thing that popped into my head. I will try to make a better exit!

Thank you all for the reviews! I am going to try and polish this a bit tonight. Add some better looking environments and more shinies (shinys?) to click on.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein.

Fun and entertaining. SHould see a lot of runs.

Touched the rock in the end and it took me to Enclave ? Not sure it was the quest though so I ran it again to see if something else was there to touch, and it worked as intended second time.
    I really believe this opening game invasion stuff is messing with more than uber lag in the Enclave. There was a huge mob of invaders right where I popped up and leads me to believe something on their end went fubar.

First run thru did not pay attention to pixie dust and ended up taking the door back to Enclave (2nd verse same as the 1st). Maybe position Cindy away from the exit door ? It was me being bone headed but I am sure I am not the only bone headed adventurer.

Rest of the mapping was ok, but I suggest some clusters of something to liven up the valley a little. At least grass or weeds yeah ? Does not take away from the fun though, just a fiddly bit that would make it better.

If giving return reviews, my part one is listed below, along with a link to place comments if any.

Later - DRUM
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A fun short quest. Maps were laid out nicely (could use a little extra decoration but is fine as is). I think you achieved what you set out to do and the writing is very well done. You certainly could flesh out the storyline a little bit if you wanted to. Definitely some funny lines, I actually laughed at the "rock" prompt.

One thing I think I noticed, was if you click to talk to Cindy at the end you get the same npc interaction (meet me inside, hurry) from the beginning. May want to add a new interaction with a witty send-off line or something.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Gonna necro this thread a bit because... I need new reviews. I want this eligible for daily again, it's slipped down to 14 minutes. From what I've gathered this means I need people who have not played it yet to give it a go. Added new content to make speed runs take at least 15 minutes, which means it will probably take 30+ the first time through if you actually read everything. I'll be trading reviews again with anyone who hasn't played this yet. Also, if you have played it and want to see the new look/comment on the new puzzles feel free :) I'm not sure if I'll be running anything tonight, but I will be free tomorrow for the return reviews.