test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BoP loot system - So what I should do at End Game if I have best gear ? Nothing ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    WTS... nuffin.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    since the beginning its already strange enough that chest scatter around is personal yet the item drop some is personal the other is roll. why not make all personal, players can trade the item they found with other anyway
  • Options
    voltus5voltus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a repost from my post in the main sticky:

"The other day I was selling the GWF Sword from the last boss of CN. Anyway I was selling it on the AH for 750k, some guy msg me and says hey can I buy it for 350k and 3 keys? I'm like, no I dont really want keys.. He says What do you want?
    Im like - 700k at least. He says ok well How much is that if I Grab my CC and put the money in to buy Zen and trade for AD? Im like - you really want that sword dont you? he is like yyyy

We worked it out that with his 300k, he would need to put in about $15 and trade it for AD. He goes no worries ill put in $20.

I ended up reposting it for 720k and he bought it with his AD, and had change.

Im pretty sure this is what all the fuss is about. and I thought that worked out well for both of us.

I dunno how this guy could have ever got that sword by himsef without being in a serious guild or getting lucky. not many ppl take GWF's to Dracolich..

If that sword was BoP he would never get it. "
  • Options
    endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone! We welcome the feedback on the loot system changes on Preview. Please keep letting us know your opinions!

BoP would not be in Cryptic's best interest to roll out without including it in new content, such as a new dungeon that drops BoP weapons or a new set for each class that is BoP. Adding it directly to already existing drops in dungeons and then slapping a ridiculous low salvage price compared to what the items are selling on AH for will only irritate players and cause more people to leave. Also I am highly skeptical that you would announce the change and the go back on it, 99% of the time once it has been announced it might get tweaked a little in test but it coming to live soon enough.
  • Options
    capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    ps. About Salvage :

PVP armor around 5k

BEST ANCIENT staff 5-15k AD

so you have answer if you gonna "have money for enchants and staff"
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! We welcome the feedback on the loot system changes on Preview. Please keep letting us know your opinions!

Don't make the gear simple BoP. How I'm going to use a full geared char to equip a newbie lvl 60 alt before throw then in Epic Runs?

Best option is to reenable the need button for all, and make the gear BoP if Need and BoE if Greed. Ninjas can't steal the gear that they will not/can't use and all have the same chance to get the gear to equip alts and sell in AH. Is too dificulty to do it?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bdragonb wrote: »
    Don't make the gear simple BoP. How I'm going to use a full geared char to equip a newbie lvl 60 alt before throw then in Epic Runs?

Best option is to reenable the need button for all, and make the gear BoP if Need and BoE if Greed. Ninjas can't steal the gear that they will not/can't use and all have the same chance to get the gear to equip alts and sell in AH. Is too dificulty to do it?

Also make sure that any item that is won on a Need roll cannot be sold or transferred to any alts.
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Also make sure that any item that is won on a Need roll cannot be sold or transferred to any alts.

If the item is BoP if Need, it is going to be Bind for the char that rolled need already. If you want to sell or equip Alt you need to roll Greed.

Sorry for not being clear.
  • Options
    capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    yeah that would be also good idea

Need Option = BoP
    Greed Option = Sell
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah that would be also good idea

Need Option = BoP
    Greed Option = Sell

I 4th or 5th or whatever I am this!!

The ONLY thing I would add in for feedback is: Delves Chest gear should be BoP... This ensures that only loot hitting economy is greeded loot. Delves is used as incentive to gear YOUR character, not make you rich... You get a bad delves drop? you STILL got shards you can sell and you STILL could salvage the item...

Overall:

Need = BoP
    Greed = BoE
    Delves: BoP

This will solve ALL of the problems. BTW, I still like the salvage idea cause u can turn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purples into AD cheap. I honestly would RATHER have a crafting system in which you can make really good gear and salvage grants you mats to then craft good gear, but that is a complex issue, so for now...

Need = BoP
    Greed = BoE
    Salvage is STILL there for old BoP gear noone wants at the current rates. If you do the quick math, a 20% chance to win something worth 100k AD is WAY better than a 50-100% chance to win something that sells for 8k AD... I know I would rather roll against 4 people for a chance to get an item to sell for 500k AD versus needing it just for the sake of selling it for 10k AD even... just doesnt add up...
  • Options
    phenrusssphenrusss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This problem seems to come up again and again in games. Letting people loot whatever and sell it then allows people to buy whatever, and gets past the problem of having crappy luck getting what you need for your character in random drops. However, it skews the economy badly. But BoP can then turn around and make it excessively difficult to kit out a character properly.

Keep it the way it is now and you have a P2W scenario and inflated prices because of so much AD flowing everywhere.
    BoP it and you have people who never get to complete their sets. A person can only run the same content so long before they go insane if they are not getting the drops they want/need.

Look at what people are complaining about to see the core problem: "How will I ever equip my character or equip my alt, even after running numerous dungeon runs, if I can't buy the gear they need?"
    This is a solved problem. Games have fixed this by introducing a token drop system. All you would need to do is make the tokens account-locked, not character locked, and you would solve the problem of characters not getting the drops they need AND the problem of characters not being able to equip alts.

If I have a TR and a CW alt and I do a run, finding "ArmorSet_7 chest_piece GWF" is useless. And if it happens over and over, it becomes incredibly frustrating. What I need to find is "ArmorSet_7 token" that I can then trade in to get a chest piece for my TR, or for my CW if I already have my TR fully geared. Or I could use it to get ArmorSet_7 gloves to finish my TR's set. Or whatever. The point is they want you to EARN your gear by doing the dungeons, and not just buying it with cash. This system, especially with bind-to-account would mean you would always be able to get stuff your character needed by actually doing the content without giving players ways to flood the auction house with high end, high price items that essentially allow people to 'buy' all of the end game gear with cash.

Get the gear you need for your character. Gear out your alt. Maintain the economy, especially since most people need those big hits of AD simply so they can then buy the gear they actually want or need for an alt anyways. Win-win-win. No need to reinvent the wheel, the system works in other games and it will work here.
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    NO BOP!

Just - NO!

I made millions of AD by farming the dungeons after I quickly had my BiS. Dont change this - its the only motivation hardcore players still have.
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phenrusss wrote: »
    This is a solved problem. Games have fixed this by introducing a token drop system. All you would need to do is make the tokens account-locked, not character locked, and you would solve the problem of characters not getting the drops they need AND the problem of characters not being able to equip alts.

This is the best option, I believe. Only downside is adding more currency could be confusing but I figure it would only be one token.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From Cryptic's money point of view this BoP idea is a bad one. People will spend money to buy best in slot items and will not spend money on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purples, etc.

From player's point of view this will decrease the value of Astral Diamonds because they no longer can be used to purchase anything of value. It will end up being similar to Gold which is only used to buy injury kits when you die in PvE.

You won't be able to barter for them as they are BoP so items themselves are of little value in an economic sense.

It pretty much destroys the Astral Diamond currency of Neverwinter and greatly reduces player's desire to spend real money on Zen to buy Astral Diamonds to buy gear... Not sure why Cryptic would want to make this move but seems like they are going to do it regardless of what feedback is given...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2013
    BoP?
    i have all the items i need, i dont need to do dungeons anymore so ill just quit?
    what will i do if i have all the items that i want from dungeons? stay at town?
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not enough EPICS to even think about enforcing this.

NOT ENOUGH GOOD EPICS.

Not enough epic sets.

This actually ruins the game for me. But who cares I am just one voice.

Oh well, ive been geared since the first week and the only thing to do then was go for enchants.

Now that theres effectively NO way to play the AH (my only fun in this game outside of PVP that gets boring steamrolling quick, theres nothing to do.)

Ive sepnt 220$ in-game at first, havent spent any money in 3-4 weeks and I DEFINTELY won't be spending any anytime soon.

This game seems like its going to be oddly boring now, I only login for the PVP Dom daily anyway, in 2 days ill log in for Gaunt, thats it.

Wont do a single dungeon because I have every piece and the loot sucks anyway lol.. Plus now it wont be tradeable.

Smart.
  • Options
    snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't like BOP either.. I don't have a guild and I'm not brave enough to do PUG's for dungeons. Ah well, onto other games I suppose, guess it's lucky I only spent $300 here.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

My feedback:
    1. Scratch this whole BOP on every epic item and demote the guy who suggested it.
    2. Make "Need Rolls" have zero gold worth and Bind on Pickup
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    My feedback:
    1. Scratch this whole BOP on every epic item and demote the guy who suggested it.
    2. Make "Need Rolls" have zero gold worth and Bind on Pickup

this!........
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need = BOP
    Greed = BOE

I think this sounds solid in terms of allowing people who can farm... be able to farm dungeons. It also allows friends to help friends gear/guildies to help guildies. For instance our guild bank is loaded with BOE epics from the current dungeons to help our new level 60's to easily progress into dungeon content from leveling.