test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duel Option!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

avang6avang6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Will there be a duel option in the VERY NEAR Future? I would love to do some 1v1s, and I hear a lot of people talking about it too.
Post edited by avang6 on

Comments

• necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. I love having the option to duel.
  • bobothewizbobothewiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avang6 wrote: »
    Will there be a duel option in the VERY NEAR Future? I would love to do some 1v1s, and I hear a lot of people talking about it too.

Hopefully not.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ugh, imagine running through PE with brats pestering you about duels on every step.

Nonononono, no duels please. Besides 1v1's are pretty worthless in this game.
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    No duels, there is more important things to fix / bring to the game.

If duels come someday, make it so, that you can duel only inside the PvP hall. That way the people who are not intrested in dueling, can stroll the city in peace without getting any random duel request pop-ups.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I never understood the mentality of people who would want to have something not added which wouldn't effect them one way or the other.

You add the OPTION to duel in a specific area. People who don't want to duel don't have to ever be encountered with a request if they simply do not go to the dueling area. Yet if they were to add dueling in this manner people would still get their panties all bunched up. "This is my game and I don't like dueling in my game so it shouldnt exist! I am the only one allowed to have fun!!!!"
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I never understood the mentality of people who would want to have something not added which wouldn't effect them one way or the other.

You add the OPTION to duel in a specific area. People who don't want to duel don't have to ever be encountered with a request if they simply do not go to the dueling area. Yet if they were to add dueling in this manner people would still get their panties all bunched up. "This is my game and I don't like dueling in my game so it shouldnt exist! I am the only one allowed to have fun!!!!"
    ^ I'd go for this. Duel Optional Zone... Keep people from spamming Duels in other areas and confine to one location... Some form of "training hall" or "Dueling Pit" or other special zone.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    ^ I'd go for this. Duel Optional Zone... Keep people from spamming Duels in other areas and confine to one location... Some form of "training hall" or "Dueling Pit" or other special zone.

Or eve simply a checkbox in the game options to disallow dueling requests.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like in the next 6 months a tourney option. Think about it...you get 100 level 60s (in 6 months that should be plausible) and you have them compete in 1v1s each round half are eliminated until the "final match" into which the winner gets tourney specific epic gear as an achievement to prove they are the best. Which would include a random item piece, companion or mount.
  • necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I agree with this 100 percent. If they had an option to turn off duel requests, and gave people a specific, seperate area to duel in, I don't see how you could be against it.
  • avang6avang6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "We want duel options!"
  • showyofaceduckshowyofaceduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to have dueling, it's something for end-game players to do with their friends, and for those who only like to PvE grind and nothing else ever: Just add a setting to auto-decline all duels. Although it shouldn't be added very soon, too much to work on elsewhere.

As someone else said, dafuq is with people thinking "everyone should play MY WAY!!!!1!!1".
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »

If duels come someday, make it so, that you can duel only inside the PvP hall. That way the people who are not intrested in dueling, can stroll the city in peace without getting any random duel request pop-ups.

You're right there are plenty of game issues to sort out first and after that I'd rather see game improvements like new classes and paragon paths. But if they have time to waste then a designated area is a good idea I don't want to be annoyed by duel requests at the bank, the AH, the postal courier nor would ppl bouncing over your head splattering AoE effects all over in these areas be *fun* either. But a pit for them would be fine :D
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »

Great Idea... Although the PVP hall would need to be expanded to give enough space. It would also be AWESOME to see it include a "gladiator" type area where people could watch the battle from the outside...
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dueling Zones would be awesome. Like maybe we can truly utilize the area of Vellosk? Ooooooooo then we the people can do something RP related o.o, like maybe something like An Arena Guild who hosts tournaments and stuff, winners get AD. I mean that area of Vellosk is so not getting utilized properly. Sure it's used for foundries but let's make that into a PvP Zone for tournaments and stuff.
    edited June 2013
    Dueling Zones would be awesome. Like maybe we can truly utilize the area of Vellosk? Ooooooooo then we the people can do something RP related o.o, like maybe something like An Arena Guild who hosts tournaments and stuff, winners get AD. I mean that area of Vellosk is so not getting utilized properly. Sure it's used for foundries but let's make that into a PvP Zone for tournaments and stuff.

YES!!!! More ideas to improve Never Wintaaa! That are relevant to making this duel option!
    edited June 2013
    Lets have a duel option!
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A duel option would be a nice way to test out gears and skills against players. It would also help to while away time during queues. As to worries about duel-request spams from randoms, a checkbox to ignore requests would probably solve it.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • inkforceinkforce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WE NEED DUELS. You know there would be an option to auto decline duels just like EVERY other mmo, so you won't be spammed.
  • aimbakaloraimbakalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump! duel options pls dev :)
    edited June 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    A duel option would be a nice way to test out gears and skills against players. It would also help to while away time during queues. As to worries about duel-request spams from randoms, a checkbox to ignore requests would probably solve it.

That's to all the anti-duel haters!
  • blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather enjoy being able to duel mouthy rogues with my GF.
  • sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »

This is basically my opinion as well. I would only disagree with the idea that the big issue is random duel requests. That is easily dealt with by adding an option to auto-decline duel requests. That is one of the first options I check for in any game I start playing if dueling is possible. If they add dueling to the game, that is a must.

The real issue, for me, is the disruption unrestricted dueling causes. Inevitably, people who want to duel will just stake a claim to some part of the city and start dueling each other. This not only tends to create frame-rate issues, since cities are generally heavily populated with other players, but they generally don't care if they are blocking vendors or what-have-you. This, more than the pop-up issue, is my concern. The idea of restricting dueling to the PvP hall or similar instanced arena where people can duel to their hearts content without disrupting other people's game play is fair. If they don't add an auto-decline option, then this would help reduce unsolicited duel requests as well.

If they add an auto-decline and restrict dueling to instanced areas the rest of us don't have to be in, I don't care if they add dueling as long as, as jipatsu mentions, they are not delaying important fixes or content updates for the game. A lot of people dueling is an indication that people are bored and have nothing better to do in the game or that they are not playing the game for the sake of the game. Dev time would be better spent on making the game content engaging enough to keep people occupied.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What has already been said by jipatsu is where I stand. I don't want a team pulled off of producing real content and fixing problems to work on dueling. PWI is so hands off with their customers regarding scams, griefing, and player against player situations that I would hate to see what kind of a dueling function they would put into place.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited June 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    What has already been said by jipatsu is where I stand. I don't want a team pulled off of producing real content and fixing problems to work on dueling. PWI is so hands off with their customers regarding scams, griefing, and player against player situations that I would hate to see what kind of a dueling function they would put into place.

lol, and yet they came up with: a new profession, a new class, a new pvp/gvg ground. We have experienced players who have the knowledge to fix these things. All we have to do is get PWI, and or CRYPTIC to confirm and make it happen.

BE A PART OF THE DUELIST MOVEMENT AND BE RECOGNIZED!
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then ok.. you want duel... I want real loses.
    Means... if you lose everything you are wearing and everything in your bags.
    Then... Give every zones a security level. You can attack everyone on anywhere without warning.
    But.. On higher level security zones, Concord.. ahem, sorry... Neverwinter Guards will attack you instantly until you die. You cannot escape from the guards; logging out while having guard agro will instantly kill you. The guards are immortal.
    That would be fun...
  • raengreyraengrey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please God no. Unless you put in a box I can check to automatically decline all duel invitations.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    raengrey wrote: »
    Please God no. Unless you put in a box I can check to automatically decline all duel invitations.

That would be bad... I want people who attack me, instantly killed by the guards.
    edited June 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    Then ok.. you want duel... I want real loses.
    Means... if you lose everything you are wearing and everything in your bags.
    Then... Give every zones a security level. You can attack everyone on anywhere without warning.
    But.. On higher level security zones, Concord.. ahem, sorry... Neverwinter Guards will attack you instantly until you die. You cannot escape from the guards; logging out while having guard agro will instantly kill you. The guards are immortal.
    That would be fun...
    That's like raid options. This thread is about duel options as in get asked to duel. Check boxes are a great way to kill off unwanted duel invitations.
    edited June 2013
    Lit another candle and let it live.
  • enzothecrowenzothecrow Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see this.

Maybe with the auto decline duel idea, and duels not allowed in cities / towns.
    My friends, brother and I like to duel every so often after lvling up just for fun, when I saw there was no duel option, I was like... "Well dang.."
    Like everyone said though, the other things are more important, which I 100% agree on.~ :3